Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,109 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

Monkey Pox Victim Commits Suicide In Bayelsa Hospital - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Monkey Pox Victim Commits Suicide In Bayelsa Hospital (27768 Views)

Bayelsa’s 7 Monkey Pox Patients Discharged From Hospital / Federal Government Denies Report Of Deliberate Injection Of Monkey Pox Virus / Monkey Pox Outbreak: Important Things You Should Know About Monkeypox (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Monkey Pox Victim Commits Suicide In Bayelsa Hospital by iliyande(m): 8:31pm On Oct 16, 2017
A victim of Monkey Pox receiving treatment at the quarantine centre in the Niger Delta University Hospital (UNDTH) Okolobiri, has committed suicide.

It was gathered that the victim, whose name was not disclosed took his life in the early hours of Monday.

The Bayelsa State Government confirmed the development in a joint press conference involving the Commissioners of Information and Orientation, Mr. Daniel Iworiso-Markson; Health, Prof. Ebitimitula Etebu, the Chief Medical Director, NDUTH, Prof. Dimie Ogoina and other senior health officials.

Etebu disclosed that the deceased was among the 21 suspected cases of ‘MonkeyPox’ that were being managed at the Niger Delta University Teaching Hospital (NDUTH).

He expressed regret that the patient took his own life despite speedily recovering from the disease.

He ‎said the deceased medical history did not suggest any mental illness or features of depression.

He maintained that the patient did not die from the Monkey pox disease.

Etebu said that the police and his family had been duly contacted and all due diligence was being followed for his funeral.

He sympathised with the family and said that a committee had been put in place to evaluate his past and recent clinical and social history.

He said the examination wound determine “if there were undisclosed mental illness or personal family problem that could have justified the suicide”.

Etebu confirmed that MonkeyPox is in the state ‎following laboratory evidence which puts to rest the earlier suspicion of the disease.

He, however, assured the general public again that the government was doing everything to contain the outbreak and ensure all patients receive appropriate care and treatment.

On his part, Iworiso-Markson on his part urged residents to continue to use preventive measures and ensure they avoid bushmeats and other causes of the disease.

Iworiso-Markson on his part urged residents to continue to use preventive measures and ensure they avoid bushmeat and other causes of the disease.

The Public Relations Officer, Bayelsa State Police Command, Mr. Asinim Butswat, confirmed the development, saying the matter had been reported to the police.

He, however, said the police were not suspecting any foul play , noting that there were no visible marks of violence other than the rope he tied around his neck.

http://thenationonlineng.net/monkey-pox-victim-commits-suicide/

Lalasticlala
Re: Monkey Pox Victim Commits Suicide In Bayelsa Hospital by iliyande(m): 8:32pm On Oct 16, 2017
Sad cry
Re: Monkey Pox Victim Commits Suicide In Bayelsa Hospital by Joephat(m): 8:44pm On Oct 16, 2017
avoid bush meat ko, eat bush meat ni.

the only person to avoid is jubril , his cohorts and Nigeria soldiers. not monkey or bush meat

the three mentioned above are the agents of monkey pox

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Monkey Pox Victim Commits Suicide In Bayelsa Hospital by biacan(f): 8:45pm On Oct 16, 2017
Please nothing is worth taking your life for ......... if you're reading this please don't take your life...... you're the most precious person to be in this earth is just a matter of time and your name will be a blessing that everyone would love to associate with you...... cheers

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Monkey Pox Victim Commits Suicide In Bayelsa Hospital by dollytino4real(f): 9:03pm On Oct 16, 2017
he died leaving his fame at the edge of succes

1 Like

Re: Monkey Pox Victim Commits Suicide In Bayelsa Hospital by NaijasonEzeiru: 10:32pm On Oct 16, 2017
Illiteracy is bad. Monkey pox is minor, though it might look bad.

RIP

2 Likes

Re: Monkey Pox Victim Commits Suicide In Bayelsa Hospital by iamawara(m): 10:32pm On Oct 16, 2017
Choi. Maybe he/she for don get HIV before d monkey pox self, so e use d pox as an excuse to commit suicide.

I swear to God, even if I kill the whole of Africa I will never commit any nonsense suicide.
I dey craze?

1 Like

Re: Monkey Pox Victim Commits Suicide In Bayelsa Hospital by Sleyanya1(m): 10:33pm On Oct 16, 2017
sad

So Sad...This was mostly caused by Ignorance. Taking your life isn't the best solution at all.

R.I.P

4 Likes

Re: Monkey Pox Victim Commits Suicide In Bayelsa Hospital by ikdaddy01(m): 10:33pm On Oct 16, 2017
heuuu
Re: Monkey Pox Victim Commits Suicide In Bayelsa Hospital by Olarababy(f): 10:33pm On Oct 16, 2017
RIP
Re: Monkey Pox Victim Commits Suicide In Bayelsa Hospital by Kingluqman89(m): 10:33pm On Oct 16, 2017
I no go blame village people here...

Na Jubril cause am

RIP

2 Likes

Re: Monkey Pox Victim Commits Suicide In Bayelsa Hospital by SalamRushdie: 10:33pm On Oct 16, 2017
This govt lies too much

4 Likes

Re: Monkey Pox Victim Commits Suicide In Bayelsa Hospital by onatisi(m): 10:34pm On Oct 16, 2017
even animals will heave a sign a relieve for a while .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Monkey Pox Victim Commits Suicide In Bayelsa Hospital by TinaAnita(f): 10:35pm On Oct 16, 2017
Pathetic
Re: Monkey Pox Victim Commits Suicide In Bayelsa Hospital by Fongido(m): 10:35pm On Oct 16, 2017
biacan:
Please nothing is worth taking your life for ......... if you're reading this please don't take your life...... you're the most precious person to be in this earth is just a matter of time and your name will be a blessing that everyone would love to associate with you...... cheers
At times life is unfair. you just feel like giving up and rest. you don't know the struggles people are going through. RIP

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Monkey Pox Victim Commits Suicide In Bayelsa Hospital by blackbeau1(f): 10:36pm On Oct 16, 2017
Depression is real tho. We need to start being vigilant with the people around us. A lot of suicide attempts would be avoided if we noticed what was happening with others and we listened to them

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Monkey Pox Victim Commits Suicide In Bayelsa Hospital by pauljumbo: 10:36pm On Oct 16, 2017
So painful

Stigma kills faster
Re: Monkey Pox Victim Commits Suicide In Bayelsa Hospital by pauljumbo: 10:38pm On Oct 16, 2017
NaijasonEzeiru:
Illiteracy is bad. Monkey pox is minor, though it might look bad.

RIP

It's not monkey pox that's the issue

Stigmatization kills faster

Even his family members will be stigmatized too

Not everybody have strength to go through it

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Monkey Pox Victim Commits Suicide In Bayelsa Hospital by asawanathegreat(m): 10:39pm On Oct 16, 2017
RIP
Re: Monkey Pox Victim Commits Suicide In Bayelsa Hospital by Nobody: 10:39pm On Oct 16, 2017
How did he commit suicide in the hospital? Something is fishy! I hope he was not killed by the hospital official otherwise, they should state what he did to commit suicide. Did he swallow drugs? Did he hang himself? Who bought the drugs for him?
Where did he get the rope he tied around his neck?

I smell lies

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Monkey Pox Victim Commits Suicide In Bayelsa Hospital by Sapiosexuality(m): 10:41pm On Oct 16, 2017
Story is incomplete. R.I.P Here's what you need to know about the disease and protect yourself and loved ones:

http://www.mortalpoet.com/monkeypox-all-you-need-to-know/
Re: Monkey Pox Victim Commits Suicide In Bayelsa Hospital by oshe11: 10:42pm On Oct 16, 2017
iliyande:
A victim of Monkey Pox receiving treatment at the quarantine centre in the Niger Delta University Hospital (UNDTH) Okolobiri, has committed suicide.

It was gathered that the victim, whose name was not disclosed took his life in the early hours of Monday.

The Bayelsa State Government confirmed the development in a joint press conference involving the Commissioners of Information and Orientation, Mr. Daniel Iworiso-Markson; Health, Prof. Ebitimitula Etebu, the Chief Medical Director, NDUTH, Prof. Dimie Ogoina and other senior health officials.

Etebu disclosed that the deceased was among the 21 suspected cases of ‘MonkeyPox’ that were being managed at the Niger Delta University Teaching Hospital (NDUTH).

He expressed regret that the patient took his own life despite speedily recovering from the disease.

He ‎said the deceased medical history did not suggest any mental illness or features of depression.

He maintained that the patient did not die from the Monkey pox disease.

Etebu said that the police and his family had been duly contacted and all due diligence was being followed for his funeral.

He sympathised with the family and said that a committee had been put in place to evaluate his past and recent clinical and social history.

He said the examination wound determine “if there were undisclosed mental illness or personal family problem that could have justified the suicide”.

Etebu confirmed that MonkeyPox is in the state ‎following laboratory evidence which puts to rest the earlier suspicion of the disease.

He, however, assured the general public again that the government was doing everything to contain the outbreak and ensure all patients receive appropriate care and treatment.

On his part, Iworiso-Markson on his part urged residents to continue to use preventive measures and ensure they avoid bushmeats and other causes of the disease.

Iworiso-Markson on his part urged residents to continue to use preventive measures and ensure they avoid bushmeat and other causes of the disease.

The Public Relations Officer, Bayelsa State Police Command, Mr. Asinim Butswat, confirmed the development, saying the matter had been reported to the police.

He, however, said the police were not suspecting any foul play , noting that there were no visible marks of violence other than the rope he tied around his neck.

http://thenationonlineng.net/monkey-pox-victim-commits-suicide/

Lalasticlala

the pox affect he brain

heartless selfish fella
Re: Monkey Pox Victim Commits Suicide In Bayelsa Hospital by gaeul(f): 10:43pm On Oct 16, 2017
This is so unfortunate. govt should look into it
Re: Monkey Pox Victim Commits Suicide In Bayelsa Hospital by biacan(f): 10:43pm On Oct 16, 2017
Fongido:

At times life is unfair. you just feel like giving up and rest. you don't know the struggles people are going through. RIP

Please am begging you in the name of the creator don't try that........we all have our own struggles.....so please don't even though you dey among people wey dey Bash me for here.....

2 Likes

Re: Monkey Pox Victim Commits Suicide In Bayelsa Hospital by TDonald: 10:43pm On Oct 16, 2017
enairaprof:
How did he commit suicide in the hospital? Something is fishy! I hope he was not killed by the hospital official otherwise, they should state what he did to commit suicide. Did he swallow drugs? Did he hang himself? Who bought the drugs for him?
Where did he get the rope he tied around his neck?

I smell lies

undecided

1 Like

Re: Monkey Pox Victim Commits Suicide In Bayelsa Hospital by gabe: 10:44pm On Oct 16, 2017
pauljumbo:

It's not monkey pox that's the issue

Stigmatization kills faster

Even his family members will be stigmatized too

Not everybody have strength to go through it
what stigma? Monkey pox is just like a severe case of chicken pox that lasts a month-6 weeks. Its ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Monkey Pox Victim Commits Suicide In Bayelsa Hospital by tydi(m): 10:47pm On Oct 16, 2017
iamawara:
Choi. Maybe he/she for don get HIV before d monkey pox self, so e use d pox as an excuse to commit suicide.

I swear to God, even if I keep the whole of Africa I will never commit any nonsense suicide.
I dey craze?

mr man can you please tell us how you intend of keeping the whole of Africa?
Re: Monkey Pox Victim Commits Suicide In Bayelsa Hospital by Magnifico2000: 10:53pm On Oct 16, 2017
biacan:
Ever since you started commenting, this is the only comment that is reasonable to me although i havent seen too many of your comments..

No problem last forever it is just a matter of time.

1 Like

Re: Monkey Pox Victim Commits Suicide In Bayelsa Hospital by Magnifico2000: 10:54pm On Oct 16, 2017
dollytino4real:
he died leaving his fame at the edge of succes
And how do you know this? Are you his girl friend?

1 Like

Re: Monkey Pox Victim Commits Suicide In Bayelsa Hospital by pauljumbo: 10:55pm On Oct 16, 2017
gabe:
what stigma? Monkey pox is just like a severe case of chicken pox that lasts a month-6 weeks. Its ignorance.

Bro sickness that leads to patients been quarantined is not small sickness

See the way parents react in the east when they hear the army wants to infect their children with the disease should let you know the kind of stigma people attach to it.

As at now the stigma is more than aids

4 Likes

Re: Monkey Pox Victim Commits Suicide In Bayelsa Hospital by Magnifico2000: 10:56pm On Oct 16, 2017
iamawara:

I swear to God, even if I keep the whole of Africa I will never commit any nonsense suicide.

I dey craze?

Which igbo you take this night?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Monkey Pox Victim Commits Suicide In Bayelsa Hospital by biacan(f): 10:56pm On Oct 16, 2017
Magnifico2000:

Ever since you started commenting, this is the only comment that is reasonable to me although i havent seen too many of your comments..

No problem last forever it is just a matter of time.

Just a matter of time dear and your name will be heard for greatness........ take things slow ooooooo

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

7 Things That Can Cause Low Sperm Count / Which Song Is The Best To Listen To While Waiting For Your HIV Test Result? / NABDA COVID-19 Test Kit: Nigeria Develops, Launches COVID-19 Test Kit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.