Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,930 members, 7,814,161 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

Pele, Jonathan Expected to Open Akwa Ibom Stadium As SE Play The Black Stars - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Pele, Jonathan Expected to Open Akwa Ibom Stadium As SE Play The Black Stars (1569 Views)

Akwa Ibom Stadium, Nominated As World Stadium Of The Year (Pic) / Jonathan Inspects Akwa Ibom Stadium Complex Under Construction In Uyo / New Pictures Of Akwa Ibom Stadium (2014) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pele, Jonathan Expected to Open Akwa Ibom Stadium As SE Play The Black Stars by ujoinme: 8:55am On Nov 01, 2014
Ghana have been invited to play African champions Nigeria to play an international friendly on Friday 7 November 2014 to officially open the ultra-modern Akwa Ibom International Stadium.

But both countries will be unable to field their high-profile stars and home-based players will dominate the exhibition match in Uyo.

Nigeria President Goodluck Jonathan is scheduled to be in attendance and top football icons, including the legendary Brazilian Pele, have also been invited to grace the opening of the stadium.

The newly built 30,000 capacity will host the Super Eagles 2015 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against the Bafana Bafana of South Africa on 19 November.

The edifice was built to bear similarities with Bayern Munich’s Allianz Arena, the Bird Nest Stadium in Beijing China, and the FNB Stadium in Johannesburg, South Africa.
http://completesportsnigeria.com/ghanas-black-stars-eagles-open-uyo-stadium/

1 Like

Re: Pele, Jonathan Expected to Open Akwa Ibom Stadium As SE Play The Black Stars by ujoinme: 9:00am On Nov 01, 2014
Pele to storm Nigeria for Uyo Stadium opening

Report reaching Deluxegist.com indicates that Brazilian football legend, Pele will storm Nigeria for the grand opening of the Uyo Stadium scheduled to hold in the first week of November.

Pele will be among the guests of honour at the event with President Goodluck Jonathan scheduled to declare the stadium open.

The Uyo Stadium is an all covered 30,000 capacity arena built by the Akwa Ibom government. The structure is reputed to be the first of its kind constructed by any state government in the country and some say it ranks as one of the best stadia in Africa.

The Stadium has also been chosen by the NFF as the venue for the Super Eagles final home game of the team’s 2015 African Cup of Nations qualifiers against South Africa billed to take place on the 19th of November

- See more at: http://deluxe.com.ng/blog/pele-to-storm-nigeria-for-uyo-stadium-opening#sthash.mwIE35k8.dpuf
Re: Pele, Jonathan Expected to Open Akwa Ibom Stadium As SE Play The Black Stars by hungryboy(m): 9:14am On Nov 01, 2014
Akpabio wasting our money again,
wetin Pele wan come do for Uyo stadium were Keke napep driver for uyo market no fit do?
small time now, we go hear say Pele been collect 1million dollars to come the event,
Our own son Vincent enyeama dey dia, him no even care to invite am
Re: Pele, Jonathan Expected to Open Akwa Ibom Stadium As SE Play The Black Stars by jazzydee: 9:18am On Nov 01, 2014
WoW! this stadium is simply amazing. The governor has done very well for the state. I must be in Uyo for this opening @ ujoinme How do i get a ticket for the opening event?
Re: Pele, Jonathan Expected to Open Akwa Ibom Stadium As SE Play The Black Stars by ujoinme: 9:22am On Nov 01, 2014
jazzydee:
WoW! this stadium is simply amazing. The governor has done very well for the state. I must be in Uyo for this opening @ ujoinme How do i get a ticket for the opening event?

send me a PM, and i will see what i can do.
Re: Pele, Jonathan Expected to Open Akwa Ibom Stadium As SE Play The Black Stars by fiftynaira(m): 9:56am On Nov 01, 2014
Will be there LIVE.....

Hope to see you guys too^^^^
Re: Pele, Jonathan Expected to Open Akwa Ibom Stadium As SE Play The Black Stars by mainheart(m): 9:59am On Nov 01, 2014
I will be there live and direct
Re: Pele, Jonathan Expected to Open Akwa Ibom Stadium As SE Play The Black Stars by Dreambeat: 11:14am On Nov 01, 2014
Heard the turf is artificial,how true is this?
Re: Pele, Jonathan Expected to Open Akwa Ibom Stadium As SE Play The Black Stars by ujoinme: 11:19am On Nov 01, 2014
Dreambeat:
Heard the turf is artificial,how true is this?
You heard wrong,turf is grass not artificial.
Re: Pele, Jonathan Expected to Open Akwa Ibom Stadium As SE Play The Black Stars by Omolecturer(m): 11:25am On Nov 01, 2014
Good cheesy
Re: Pele, Jonathan Expected to Open Akwa Ibom Stadium As SE Play The Black Stars by Dreambeat: 11:34am On Nov 01, 2014
ujoinme:

You heard wrong,turf is grass not artificial.
That's nice.Thanx
Re: Pele, Jonathan Expected to Open Akwa Ibom Stadium As SE Play The Black Stars by ujoinme: 11:38am On Nov 01, 2014
Dreambeat:
That's nice.Thanx
you are welcome.
Re: Pele, Jonathan Expected to Open Akwa Ibom Stadium As SE Play The Black Stars by jazzydee: 3:27pm On Nov 03, 2014
this Akwa Ibom Stadium too much o.
Re: Pele, Jonathan Expected to Open Akwa Ibom Stadium As SE Play The Black Stars by Nobody: 3:53pm On Nov 03, 2014
I really need to be there.
Re: Pele, Jonathan Expected to Open Akwa Ibom Stadium As SE Play The Black Stars by ujoinme: 4:29pm On Nov 03, 2014
be there

Re: Pele, Jonathan Expected to Open Akwa Ibom Stadium As SE Play The Black Stars by amodu(m): 5:19pm On Nov 03, 2014
I am very impress With this pleasing structure, can't believe this is in my country.
Re: Pele, Jonathan Expected to Open Akwa Ibom Stadium As SE Play The Black Stars by AnodaIT(m): 5:51pm On Nov 03, 2014
Admission should be free, I expect

1 Like

Re: Pele, Jonathan Expected to Open Akwa Ibom Stadium As SE Play The Black Stars by jazzydee: 10:39pm On Nov 03, 2014
^^^supported.
Re: Pele, Jonathan Expected to Open Akwa Ibom Stadium As SE Play The Black Stars by Antell95(m): 12:25pm On Nov 04, 2014
I live along Ikpa road,, where can i get d ticket?

(1) (Reply)

Is Messi Really Worth £500 Million? / real / Mfon Udoka Celebrates Her 40th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.