Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,348 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

Achieve Superior Score In IELTS - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Achieve Superior Score In IELTS (6275 Views)

IbrahimShamwily: Highest JAMB Score In 2016 (photo) / With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission / Toefl Or In Ielts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Achieve Superior Score In IELTS by Nobody: 12:39pm On Nov 01, 2014
Academic IELTS gives a lot of people stress. But don't worry, i'm going to give you a lot of information on how to succeed. The test is somewhat tricky in the sense that they want you to do well if only you can avoid traps.

I am, of course, here to help you. This is purely about the test and not registration process.
Re: Achieve Superior Score In IELTS by Schelube(m): 3:57pm On Nov 01, 2014
More info
Re: Achieve Superior Score In IELTS by Humblega(m): 6:24am On Nov 05, 2014
GolfingDiva:
Academic IELTS gives a lot of people stress. But don't worry, i'm going to give you a lot of information on how to succeed. The test is somewhat tricky in the sense that they want you to do well if only you can avoid traps.
I am, of course, here to help you. This is purely about the test and not registration process.
oya let start. Or can u release ur bbm pin or whatsap 4 chatng.
Re: Achieve Superior Score In IELTS by Nobody: 8:29am On Nov 05, 2014
Humblega:
oya let start. Or can u release ur bbm pin or whatsap 4 chatng.
What help do you need? Tell me.
Re: Achieve Superior Score In IELTS by STENON(f): 9:07am On Nov 05, 2014
Out of IELTS and TOEFL which is easier to pass both in preparation and with average Accent?

I'm planning to write either of the Two exams together with GRE for Graduate Admission in US by early nxt year.
Re: Achieve Superior Score In IELTS by Gozychuks(m): 11:52am On Nov 05, 2014
waiting for the tips n info
Re: Achieve Superior Score In IELTS by Nobody: 1:42pm On Nov 05, 2014
STENON:
Out of IELTS and TOEFL which is easier to pass both in preparation and with average Accent?

I'm planning to write either of the Two exams together with GRE for Graduate Admission in US by early nxt year.
Do so and you'll do well. IELTS is just Academic and so, they are testing your skills. All sections are so important.

TOEFL and IELTS are easy to pass. IELTS do not test for accent but your academic use of English.

While TOEFL, however, is okay if you're looking forward to demonstrating more of North American English.

So the ball is in your court right now to decide on the particular one to take.
Re: Achieve Superior Score In IELTS by Nobody: 1:47pm On Nov 05, 2014
Gozychuks:
waiting for the tips n info
Hello, there are so many tips to give but would rather concentrate on the section you need the most. Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking, which particular section do you need help most?
Re: Achieve Superior Score In IELTS by Gozychuks(m): 1:58pm On Nov 05, 2014
GolfingDiva:
Hello, there are so many tips to give but would rather concentrate on the section you need the most. Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking, which particular section do you need help most?

I need tips in all. Av not done the test before
Re: Achieve Superior Score In IELTS by Nobody: 11:30am On Nov 06, 2014
Gozychuks:

I need tips in all. Av not done the test before
Have you registered yet?
Re: Achieve Superior Score In IELTS by Gozychuks(m): 11:54am On Nov 06, 2014
GolfingDiva:
Have you registered yet?
Not yet
Re: Achieve Superior Score In IELTS by Nobody: 12:07pm On Nov 06, 2014
Gozychuks:

Not yet
I see.
Re: Achieve Superior Score In IELTS by Gozychuks(m): 12:22pm On Nov 06, 2014
GolfingDiva:
I see.
I am serious about it oo. Hw long is enough to prepare
Re: Achieve Superior Score In IELTS by Nobody: 10:21am On Nov 07, 2014
Gozychuks:

I am serious about it oo. Hw long is enough to prepare
You need solid 10 weeks. You probably have to get down to business now, if you really want to take part in this test.
Re: Achieve Superior Score In IELTS by Gozychuks(m): 11:20am On Nov 07, 2014
GolfingDiva:
You need solid 10 weeks. You probably have to get down to business now, if you really want to take part in this test.
Can u send me some materrials
Re: Achieve Superior Score In IELTS by Nobody: 11:50am On Nov 07, 2014
Gozychuks:

Can u send me some materrials
. Go online and type www.dcielts.com. You'll get whole lots of information.

Let me know the section you choose to concentrate first and i will guide you.

Please do take it step-by-step. There are also so many study materials online. Just check out google.com and type the subject matter "IELTS".

In addition, send an empty mail to selfstudy360@gmail.com. You will get links of some downloads.

And finally, practise more. I will send you some materials at final stage of your preparation.
Re: Achieve Superior Score In IELTS by Gozychuks(m): 1:19pm On Nov 07, 2014
GolfingDiva:
. Go online and type www.dcielts.com. You'll get whole lots of information.

Let me know the section you choose to concentrate first and i will guide you.

Please do take it step-by-step. There are also so many study materials online. Just check out google.com and type the subject matter "IELTS".

In addition, send an empty mail to selfstudy360@gmail.com. You will get links of some downloads.

And finally, practise more. I will send you some materials at final stage of your preparation.
Thanks. I want to start with listening
Re: Achieve Superior Score In IELTS by DSSHQ: 9:31am On Nov 09, 2014
Hello house.I registered for IELTS (academic) last week.Test is on the 6th of December 2014. I need tips and tricks to nail it considering my limited time.Thanks everyone.
Re: Achieve Superior Score In IELTS by DebateNigeria: 2:02pm On Nov 09, 2014
Following
Re: Achieve Superior Score In IELTS by Nobody: 9:47am On Nov 10, 2014
DSSHQ:
Hello house.I registered for IELTS (academic) last week.Test is on the 6th of December 2014. I need tips and tricks to nail it considering my limited time.Thanks everyone.
Please check my above post and read.
Re: Achieve Superior Score In IELTS by kuchikau: 9:13pm On Nov 10, 2014
Pls..how much for registration?
Re: Achieve Superior Score In IELTS by acumennow: 5:19am On Mar 22, 2015
The IELTS itself is quite daunting because of the different sections there and the things that need to be done in order to scrutinize the questions and come of with the right responses.

Lots and lots of people write the test every year and in my own view they all write it for one reason - to pass (Like we don't know obviously). Lol. But many still fail despite that. Most of the online materials are not tailor made for Nigerians. They are meant for Pakistanis, Chinese and so on. They do not even have a definite curriculum or study plan of an academic setting. They are all bits and scraps here and there which does not provide a definite course to make people (Nigerians) break the score bank.

My two cents here is that you get a study center and prepare. Lectures costs a lot of money so you should be ready to do a little spending. Also, invest in materials. And that is the catch. Many of these materials too are half baked. They just throw them out there. So, you need to "Shine your eyes" .

Doing well on this test typically has to do with taking the right course.... And you might need to invest in that, so that your time and resources don't go to waste.
Re: Achieve Superior Score In IELTS by acumennow: 5:33am On Mar 22, 2015
The IELTS itself is quite daunting because of the different sections there and the things that need to be done in order to scrutinize the questions and come of with the right responses.

Lots and lots of people write the test every year and in my own view they all write it for one reason - to pass (Like we don't know obviously). Lol. But many still fail despite that. Most of the online materials are not tailor made for Nigerians. They are meant for Pakistanis, Chinese and so on. They do not even have a definite curriculum or study plan of an academic setting. They are all bits and scraps here and there which does not provide a definite course to make people (Nigerians) break the score bank.

My two cents here is that you get a study center and prepare. Lectures costs a lot of money so you should be ready to do a little spending. Also, invest in materials. And that is the catch. Many of these materials too are half baked. They just throw them out there. So, you need to "Shine your eyes" .

Doing well on this test typically has to do with taking the right course.... And you might need to invest in that, so that your time and resources don't go to waste.

Re: Achieve Superior Score In IELTS by Gozychuks(m): 5:14pm On May 24, 2015
Hello how wasur test. Please I have less than 3weeks to prepare for mine any tips please
DSSHQ:
Re: Achieve Superior Score In IELTS by DSSHQ: 11:38pm On May 24, 2015
Gozychuks:
Hello how wasur test. Please I have less than 3weeks to prepare for mine any tips please
Test was fine.Had a 7.5.Well the only useful tip I can give you is for you to practice.I practiced using the red book I bought at British council office.It was #4000 then.Also,there is a blog (http://www.ielts-blog.com/) ;Quite useful.Don't cram the essays;study the pattern.Cheers.
Re: Achieve Superior Score In IELTS by Gozychuks(m): 6:19am On May 25, 2015
DSSHQ:
Test was fine.Had a 7.5.Well the only useful tip I can give you is for you to practice.I practiced using the red book I bought at British council office.It was #4000 then.Also,there is a blog (http://www.ielts-blog.com/) ;Quite useful.Don't cram the essays;study the pattern.Cheers.
. Thanks I just bought the red book from british council its still 4k. Thanks I will check d blog. PLEASE how long after the test does it take for the sch to get d results
Re: Achieve Superior Score In IELTS by DSSHQ: 11:58pm On May 26, 2015
Gozychuks:
. Thanks I just bought the red book from british council its still 4k. Thanks I will check d blog. PLEASE how long after the test does it take for the sch to get d results
I didn't send mine to any school so I can't say really but it shouldn't take long.
Re: Achieve Superior Score In IELTS by Gozychuks(m): 4:52pm On May 27, 2015
DSSHQ:
Did u buy the practice materials on http://www.ielts-blog.com/
Re: Achieve Superior Score In IELTS by DSSHQ: 12:09am On May 28, 2015
Gozychuks:

Did u buy the practice materials on http://www.ielts-blog.com/
No I didn't
Re: Achieve Superior Score In IELTS by Gozychuks(m): 7:46am On May 28, 2015
DSSHQ:
No I didn't
okay. So where did u get practice materials
Re: Achieve Superior Score In IELTS by Humblega(m): 5:29am On May 31, 2015
Is there any1 here dat did ielts in ibadan center recently (within last 3 months)? Did u use headset? Hw was the examination in the center?

(1) (Reply)

Plateau State Polytechnic Goes On Indefinite Strike Barely One Month After Resum / Beautiful Sea Glasses That Will Make You Drool / UNILAG Makes History, Produces World’s First “rusticated Graduate”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.