Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,525 members, 7,812,637 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:37 PM

With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission (37850 Views)

Is This The Highest Score In The Ongoing 2017 JAMB? / IbrahimShamwily: Highest JAMB Score In 2016 (photo) / 5 Reasons Most Students Are Not Offered Admission Despite High Post-utme Score (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by bastien: 5:53pm On Nov 16, 2015
A good friend of mine will be spending another year at home because of federal university otuoke (fuotuoke). She scored 238 in jamb and 307 in pume yet they didn't consider her for admission, some one that scored 182 in jamb and 172 in pume was given admission on merit list..... Abi to score high na crime again?

Is there any way she can sue the school? Or any ministry responsible for such case?

She is dying, heart broken..... She needs your help guys.

Thanks

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by fazzy28(m): 5:56pm On Nov 16, 2015
its all bout d cash in nigeria,na xo d country dn pafuka na,mk em write nxt tym,pray well nd carry money follow am,em go get am....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by Nobody: 5:59pm On Nov 16, 2015
Welcome to the reality of nigeria's academic space.. She should not do like and waste her time. Let her go for pre degree in whatever her choice of school is.
Once you ain't connected na real wahala.

1 Like

Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by bastien: 6:05pm On Nov 16, 2015
fazzy28:
its all bout d cash in nigeria,na xo d country dn pafuka na,mk em write nxt tym,pray well nd carry money follow am,em go get am....
I'm telling, and them go say naija education don drop yet na them they use their hand spoil am....therisGodSha

2 Likes

Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by bastien: 6:06pm On Nov 16, 2015
blublahd:
Welcome to the reality of nigeria's academic space.. She should not do like and waste her time. Let her go for pre degree in whatever her choice of school is.
Once you ain't connected na real wahala.
is there any school still selling pre degree form?
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by Nobody: 6:08pm On Nov 16, 2015
Admission is tricky business in nigeria, only 30% of candidates get Admission on merit, the rest well you just have to know somebody

2 Likes

Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by bastien: 6:18pm On Nov 16, 2015
dicefrost:
Admission is tricky business in nigeria, only 30% of candidates get Admission on merit, the rest well you just have to know somebody
yet nobody is doing anything about it, na so we go dey dey?
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by rozzyy(m): 6:21pm On Nov 16, 2015
This kind of shit happens when ur village don spread mat on top ur mata

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by sseunth(m): 6:21pm On Nov 16, 2015
bastien:
futa

1 Like

Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by rozzyy(m): 6:21pm On Nov 16, 2015
This kind of shit happens when ur village people don spread mat on top ur mata
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by Madmathecian(m): 6:22pm On Nov 16, 2015
bastien:

Federal University of technology, Minna. But it's IJMB form.

1 Like

Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by bastien: 6:34pm On Nov 16, 2015
rozzyy:
This kind of shit happens when ur village people don spread mat on top ur mata
ooh I see you..... Talking from experience?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by bastien: 6:34pm On Nov 16, 2015
Madmathecian:

Federal University of technology, Minna. But it's IJMB form.
thanks I will tell her
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by bastien: 6:35pm On Nov 16, 2015
sseunth:
futa
cool thanks
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by philiancoop(m): 6:37pm On Nov 16, 2015
Many things need to be considered in answering this question. 1. How is her waec result?
2. Does her combination Match the requirements for her course?

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by Juxtified(m): 6:37pm On Nov 16, 2015
bastien:
A good friend of mine will be spending another year at home because of federal university otuoke (fuotuoke). She scored 238 in jamb and 307 in pume yet they didn't consider her for admission, some one that scored 182 in jamb and 172 in pume was given admission on merit list..... Abi to score high na crime again?

Is there any way she can sue the school? Or any ministry responsible for such case?

She is dying, heart broken..... She need your help guys.

Thanks
She can sue if she can actually prove your allegation that someone else who got much lower scores (182 in JAMB & 172 in PUME) was given admission on merit list while she wasn't.
Also she should also take note if the school is using some form of quota system e.g. indigenes tend to get higher considerations than non indigenes, so the person who seemingly got lower scores but is an indigene may actually deserve admission ahead of the non indigene...

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by Khd95(m): 6:43pm On Nov 16, 2015
Dis same poo happened in unilorin,d better by stress university

Had 264 in jamb,%64 in pjamb,no admission given where pple wit lower scores nd percentage were admitted,in their so called merit list.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by sseunth(m): 6:56pm On Nov 16, 2015
bastien:
cool thanks
but closing on friday....she cn contact me if she needs mre info....whatsapp only 08131207173
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by bastien: 7:35pm On Nov 16, 2015
philiancoop:
Many things need to be considered in answering this question. 1. How is her waec result?
her waec is OK, and the combination is superb
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by bastien: 7:36pm On Nov 16, 2015
Juxtified:

She can sue if she can actually prove your allegation that someone else who got much lower scores (182 in JAMB & 172 in PUME) was given admission on merit list while she wasn't.
Also she should also take note if the school is using some form of quota system e.g. indigenes tend to get higher considerations than non indigenes, so the person who seemingly got lower scores but is an indigene may actually deserve admission ahead of the non indigene...
nice one boss, but I think she fall inside the catchment thing, I will ask sha

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by Onemansquad(m): 7:44pm On Nov 16, 2015
bastien:

Thanks
depends on the state she is from and how many pple applied that same course of hers from her state

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by bastien: 7:49pm On Nov 16, 2015
Onemansquad:

depends on the state she is from and how many pple applied that same course of hers from her state
hmmm nice, I no know say federal university dey use such stuff for admission, school follow divide the country

1 Like

Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by Tygg: 8:32pm On Nov 16, 2015
bastien:

Thanks
bro,,,if in actual fact you know of people with lower scores getting in ,,,you can sue em to court ,,believe me it works,,,but try to make an official complaint to the school body ,most probably to the registrar,,,be sure to check all her documents as these will be your "" main evidence "",,,, if your still being ignored or neglected by them,,you can always seek redress in court,,,,....don't tell me this is Nigeria and you leave everything to God standup for what is yours,,my friend is in the same dilemma,, he put uniben and they're tryn' to screw him up after passing cut off......the #admission struggle is real,, don't let her waste this ......thanks

2 Likes

Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by handie(m): 9:11pm On Nov 16, 2015
Sometimes, it depends on your state of origin.... Remember JAMB's policy of cathchment areas and educationally less developed states(tho with such high score and in a fairly young varsity, she should have been admitted).... As for those shouting that it's all about the money, I strongly disagree. A friend of mine just got admitted into a federal polytechnic and a competitive course(SLT) tho she ain't from that state nor cathchment area.(But on d basis of coming from an educationally less developed state, She was even admitted b4 her putme). The merit list is JAMB's own. Tell ur friend to wait for d 2nd and third lists.
P.S: Her(My friend's) JAMB score was really really low

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by MrOra(m): 9:41pm On Nov 16, 2015
philiancoop:
Plus the courses may be different
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by drseunzy(m): 9:50pm On Nov 16, 2015
This can't be true, No federal university won't give someone with such score admission, only if, the subject combination does not match with the course. If not, write a letter to the federal ministry of education or sue them.

4 Likes

Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by bastien: 9:51pm On Nov 16, 2015
handie:
Sometimes, it depends on your state of origin.... Remember JAMB's policy of cathchment areas and educationally less developed states(tho with such high score and in a fairly young varsity, she should have been admitted).... As for those shouting that it's all about the money, I strongly disagree. A friend of mine just got admitted into a federal polytechnic and a competitive course(SLT) tho she ain't from that state nor cathchment area.(But on d basis of coming from an educationally less developed state, She was even admitted b4 her putme). The merit list is JAMB's own. Tell ur friend to wait for d 2nd and third lists.
P.S: Her(My friend's) JAMB score was really really low
thanks, they just St released the third list and her name wasn't there.... I think no matter the catchment center rule, as a federal university, their main aim should be producing 1st class and intelligent students..... Na those olodo them wan carry go international tour and conference ? Smh that's why Nigeria are doing fine outside.

2 Likes

Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by bastien: 9:53pm On Nov 16, 2015
drseunzy:
This can't be true, No federal university won't give someone with such score admission, only if, the subject combination does not match with the course. If not, write a letter to the federal ministry of education or sue them.
thanks boss, if you have the email address please share with me, as for the suing stuff if it's me I will,I don't know if her parents will agree to that.....
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by handie(m): 9:58pm On Nov 16, 2015
bastien:
thanks, they just St released the third list and her name wasn't there.... I think no matter the catchment center rule, as a federal university, their main aim should be producing 1st class and intelligent students..... Na those olodo them wan carry go international tour and conference ? Smh that's why Nigeria are doing fine outside.
Well, it's just the federal govt's way of ensuring a sort of parity between the highly educated south and the less educated north. Without this policy, do u think the North and some disadvantaged parts of d south(ebonyi, bayelsa) can be @ par with other states educationally? Every thing that has a disadvantage also got a disadvantage..... Didn't she apply for a polytechnic?

4 Likes

Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by bastien: 11:07pm On Nov 16, 2015
handie:
Well, it's just the federal govt's way of ensuring a sort of parity between the highly educated south and the less educated north. Without this policy, do u think the North and some disadvantaged parts of d south(ebonyi, bayelsa) can be @ par with other states educationally? Every thing that has a disadvantage also got a disadvantage..... Didn't she apply for a polytechnic?
thanks, she is not talking about poly self, I just pray she no commit suicide lol
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by demielvis: 11:20pm On Nov 16, 2015
drseunzy:
This can't be true, No federal university won't give someone with such score admission.
My brother it's true happened to me.My score was high,subject combination superb,catchment ok..but people with low scores from my state were given admission and the painful part is they were my friends.Had to spend a year at home tho.
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by michaelwilli(m): 11:51pm On Nov 16, 2015
Welcome to Nigeria. She dey do like say she no knw hw dis country dey run.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Summary Of Jamb Novel "Sweet Sixteen" By Bolaji Abdullai / Dangerous Mistakes We Made Before We Graduated From School! / 13 Things Only UNN Students Will Relate To (Photo Illustrations)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.