Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,351 members, 7,815,717 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

Catholic Answers- Mary, The Queen Of Heaven!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Answers- Mary, The Queen Of Heaven!! (3886 Views)

Do Catholics Worship Statues? | Catholic Answers / Is Mary The Mother Of God? / Queen Of England Invites Pastor J.T.Bandele To Special Event At Her Palace (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Catholic Answers- Mary, The Queen Of Heaven!! by Nobody: 7:39pm On Nov 01, 2014
Question- What is the answer to a friend who says we are worshiping the Babylonian goddess Ishtar when we honor Mary? He uses Jeremiah 44 as proof because we call Mary the 'Queen of Heaven'.

Answer- The fact that a pagan deity was known as the queen of heaven doesn't mean this term can't rightfully be applied, in another sense altogether, to Mary.

The pagan king of Babylon, Nebuchadnezzar, is called the king of kings by Daniel (Dn 2:37), yet this doesn't preclude Jesus from being called by the same title (Rv 17:14; 19:16).

Since the destiny of all Christians is to reign as kings and queens with Christ in heaven (Eph 2:12; Rv 1:6; 5:10), and since Mary is the preeminent Christian, there's nothing wrong with giving her the title which Christ, the King of Kings, bestowed upon her in making Mary his mother.

www.catholic.com/quickquestions/how-do-i-answer-the-charge-that-catholics-worship-the-pagan-goddess-ishtar-because-we

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Answers- Mary, The Queen Of Heaven!! by Macelliot(m): 7:47pm On Nov 01, 2014
Following!
Re: Catholic Answers- Mary, The Queen Of Heaven!! by Rilwayne001: 8:02pm On Nov 01, 2014
The mother of the xtian God..

grin grin
Re: Catholic Answers- Mary, The Queen Of Heaven!! by Nobody: 8:05pm On Nov 01, 2014
Rilwayne001:
The mother of the xtian god..

grin grin

Mynd44,

Come and ban this muslim dude O. angry
Re: Catholic Answers- Mary, The Queen Of Heaven!! by Macelliot(m): 8:06pm On Nov 01, 2014
FrancisTony:

Mynd44,

Mynd44 is no longer a mod.
Re: Catholic Answers- Mary, The Queen Of Heaven!! by Macelliot(m): 8:07pm On Nov 01, 2014
Rilwayne001:
The mother of the xtian god..

grin grin
Mary, mother of Jesus Christ, Son of the living God.
Re: Catholic Answers- Mary, The Queen Of Heaven!! by Rilwayne001: 8:07pm On Nov 01, 2014
FrancisTony:

Mynd44,

Correct me please.

I'm ready for correction.

Is'nt Mary the mother of your God?
Re: Catholic Answers- Mary, The Queen Of Heaven!! by Rilwayne001: 8:12pm On Nov 01, 2014
Is'nt Jesus God again?

Macelliot:

Mary, mother of Jesus Christ, Son of the living God.

Okay, the bible God got married to Mary to give birth to the son of God

Okay Good
Re: Catholic Answers- Mary, The Queen Of Heaven!! by Rilwayne001: 8:13pm On Nov 01, 2014
Macelliot:

cry When?

cry Why? cry
Re: Catholic Answers- Mary, The Queen Of Heaven!! by Nobody: 8:15pm On Nov 01, 2014
Macelliot:

What happened? shocked

I just saw it now. embarassed
Re: Catholic Answers- Mary, The Queen Of Heaven!! by Nobody: 8:16pm On Nov 01, 2014
Rilwayne001:

Correct me please.

I'm ready for correction.

Is'nt Mary the mother of your God?

You said god before instead of God.
Re: Catholic Answers- Mary, The Queen Of Heaven!! by Rich4god(m): 8:16pm On Nov 01, 2014
Rilwayne001:
Is'nt Jesus God again?

Okay Good
For una section, una dey give others the room to act as you are doing....
Re: Catholic Answers- Mary, The Queen Of Heaven!! by Rilwayne001: 8:22pm On Nov 01, 2014
FrancisTony:

You said god before instead of God.

Oh! I'm sorry.

Will correct myself
Re: Catholic Answers- Mary, The Queen Of Heaven!! by Rilwayne001: 8:23pm On Nov 01, 2014
Rich4god:
For una section, una dey give others the room to act as you are doing....

I'm not doing anyhow.

And about the section, only seun can answer that.
Re: Catholic Answers- Mary, The Queen Of Heaven!! by Rich4god(m): 8:36pm On Nov 01, 2014
Rilwayne001:

I'm not doing anyhow.

And about the section, only seun can answer that.
you jst dey enjoy freedom of speech.... dat same ryt wey una dey deny others....
Re: Catholic Answers- Mary, The Queen Of Heaven!! by Macelliot(m): 8:39pm On Nov 01, 2014
Rilwayne001:

cry When?
cry Why? cry
FrancisTony:

What happened? shocked

I just saw it now. embarassed
I don't know!
Re: Catholic Answers- Mary, The Queen Of Heaven!! by Macelliot(m): 8:41pm On Nov 01, 2014
Rilwayne001:
Is'nt Jesus God again?

Okay Good
The Holy Spirit dwell in Mary and she begot Jesus.
Re: Catholic Answers- Mary, The Queen Of Heaven!! by Rilwayne001: 9:04pm On Nov 01, 2014
Rich4god:
you jst dey enjoy freedom of speech.... dat same ryt wey una dey deny others....

I'm sorry sir.

#threadunfollow
Re: Catholic Answers- Mary, The Queen Of Heaven!! by Ukutsgp(m): 9:32pm On Nov 01, 2014
When did mary became a queen in heaven? Who made her the queen of heaven? So God is the king and mary is queen(wife)?grin grin grin
Re: Catholic Answers- Mary, The Queen Of Heaven!! by POPEII: 9:33pm On Nov 01, 2014
Francis please you should stay focus and continue with the thread

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Catholic Answers- Mary, The Queen Of Heaven!! by Nobody: 9:40pm On Nov 01, 2014
Ukutsgp:
When did mary became a queen in heaven? Who made her the queen of heaven? So God is the king and mary is queen(wife)?grin grin grin

Queen doesn't necessarily mean wife.

Check out biblical women that became a queen mother by their sons becoming a King.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Answers- Mary, The Queen Of Heaven!! by JackBizzle: 9:44pm On Nov 01, 2014
Mary is not the queen of heaven.

Fallacious reasoning.
Re: Catholic Answers- Mary, The Queen Of Heaven!! by Ukutsgp(m): 10:01pm On Nov 01, 2014
FrancisTony:

Queen doesn't necessarily mean wife.

Check out biblical women that became a queen mother by their sons becoming a King.
show me. What is her functions in heaven as a queen like u said?
Re: Catholic Answers- Mary, The Queen Of Heaven!! by JackBizzle: 10:03pm On Nov 01, 2014
Ukutsgp:

grin grin grin

Good question. Let's see how francistony dodges this one
Re: Catholic Answers- Mary, The Queen Of Heaven!! by Nobody: 10:18pm On Nov 01, 2014
Ukutsgp:

1) Queen Mothers
http://www.agapebiblestudy.com/documents/mary%20the%20queen%20mother%20of%20the%20new%20davidic%20kingdom.htm

2) I don't know. But the roles Queen mother(s) played in the bible, should give you a clue.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Answers- Mary, The Queen Of Heaven!! by JackBizzle: 10:25pm On Nov 01, 2014
FrancisTony:

1) Queen Mothers
http://www.agapebiblestudy.com/documents/mary%20the%20queen%20mother%20of%20the%20new%20davidic%20kingdom.htm

2) I don't know. But the roles Queen mother(s) played in the bible, should give you a clue.

Nonsense, as I predicted.....
Re: Catholic Answers- Mary, The Queen Of Heaven!! by herald9: 10:34pm On Nov 01, 2014
@FrancisTony

What role did Mary really play in the development of Christendom

Was she a martyr?

Did she join in the propagation of the Gospel?

What did she really do to gain such an exalted position?

Ha!
You Catholics should stop peddling false beliefs...you're making Christianity more complicated than ever...

There are women in the Bible who really suffered for this cause...why should they take the back seat while someone that was divinely chosen-no sweat, take all the glory...

ARE 'WE' SERVING AN UNJUST GOD?
Re: Catholic Answers- Mary, The Queen Of Heaven!! by Nobody: 10:53pm On Nov 01, 2014
herald9:
@FrancisTony

What role did Mary really play in the development of Christendom

She bore the mother of our Lord.
She endured all the sufering alone.
Her son was humiliated, killed and handed over to her.
She wasn't scared to be called a loose woman for getting pregnant without being married.
She never disobeyed God like Eve and never doubted like Zachariah.
Elizabeth couldn't help but said she was only favoured to receive Mary- Luke1:43

Was she a martyr?

Was Peter, Paul, Elijah etc a martyr?

Did she join in the propagation of the Gospel?

Who told you she never did?
Because it wasn't recorded.
Wasn't she among them in the upper room during pentecost?

What did she really do to gain such an exalted position?

By giving birth to the special one.
Saviour of the world. Deal with it.

Ha!
You Catholics should stop peddling false beliefs...you're making Christianity more complicated than ever...

There are women in the Bible who really suffered for this cause...why should they take the back seat while someone that was divinely chosen takes all the glory...

ARE 'WE' SERVING AN UNJUST GOD?

No, you're the one peddling lies by concluding without doing a research.

No woman is above her.- Elizabeth salutation is a reference.

Ciao

1 Like

Re: Catholic Answers- Mary, The Queen Of Heaven!! by Trailblazer1(m): 11:02pm On Nov 01, 2014
Please my dear brethren,
Read the word of God(bible) and let the Holy spirit liberate your mind. Allow the spirit of truth to teach you the very truth that you seek.

My prayer for you:
Oh God, as many who are zealous for you, but yet on the wrong cause, just like Apostle Paul- may your light liberate them from the shackles of religion. In Jesus name.
Re: Catholic Answers- Mary, The Queen Of Heaven!! by vest(m): 11:16pm On Nov 01, 2014
Ukutsgp:
One Of Her Basic Function As Queen Mother Is To Interced For Us(her Children) Rd1king2:19-20
Re: Catholic Answers- Mary, The Queen Of Heaven!! by Ukutsgp(m): 11:21pm On Nov 01, 2014
FrancisTony:

1) Queen Mothers

pls i dnt click on link anyhow. u should paste the content of the link here.

let me tell u dat mary is nt the queen of heaven but a pagan goddess u people worship
Re: Catholic Answers- Mary, The Queen Of Heaven!! by Ukutsgp(m): 11:24pm On Nov 01, 2014
vest:
One Of Her Basic Function As Queen Mother Is To Interced For Us(her Children) Rd1king2:19-20
we dnt need her to intercede for us. we can go to God directly through Jesus.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

This Current Life We Are Living Is The Predestined Eternity Of The Bible / Pastor WF Kumuyi At National Stadium Abuja On 26 June(pic) / Christians, I Have A Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.