Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,361 members, 7,812,021 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:30 AM

Christians, I Have A Problem - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians, I Have A Problem (3884 Views)

Christians, I Am So Sorry / Why Did God Create Germs And Viruses? Christians ,I need Your Answers / I NEED AN ANSWER CHRISTIANS! I NEED AN ANSWER! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians, I Have A Problem by Pr0ton: 3:38pm On Sep 27, 2014
And this Jesus is just too wonderful that I find wonders in His words. Ok. Here is the problem:

Luke 24:46
" and [Jesus] said to them, "Thus it is written , that the Christ should suffer and on the third day rise from the dead"

And... The inspired Apostle Paul

1 st Corinthians 15:4
" that he [Jesus] was buried, that he was raise on the third day in accordance with the scriptures "

Jesus and Paul allededly declear that it is written in the scriptures/Old Testament that the Christ would die and be raised from the dead on the third day . Just where can I find this in the Old Testament?

That's the problem. Thanks smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christians, I Have A Problem by Pr0ton: 3:39pm On Sep 27, 2014
Dapo777, you told me to mention you in my topic. So here I'm calling on you, too
Re: Christians, I Have A Problem by Tallesty1(m): 4:05pm On Sep 27, 2014
Hosea 6.2— “After two days he will revive us; on the third day he will raise us up, that we may live before him”grin

5 Likes

Re: Christians, I Have A Problem by Nobody: 4:08pm On Sep 27, 2014
you don't understand bcuz d bible is a lie praize jizz-us.
Re: Christians, I Have A Problem by Pr0ton: 4:10pm On Sep 27, 2014
Dayvhid: you don't understand bcuz d bible is a lie praize jizz-us.

lol.. The Christians could understand
Re: Christians, I Have A Problem by Nobody: 4:35pm On Sep 27, 2014
Tallesty1: Hosea 6.2— “After two days he will revive us; on the third day he will raise us up, that we may live before him”grin

This is the worst contradiction of mankind.

Psalm14:1- The fool says in his heart, there's no God.

Matthew5:22 And I say unto you, whoever call his brother a fool is in danger of hell fire.

Galatians3:1 Paul called galatians fool.

Matthew23:17 Jesus called Pharisees a fool.

They couldn't lead by example. cry cry

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Christians, I Have A Problem by Nobody: 4:43pm On Sep 27, 2014
FrancisTony:

Matthew5:22 And I say unto you, whoever call his brother a fool is in danger of hell fire.

but jizz-us died nd went to Hell
Re: Christians, I Have A Problem by Nobody: 4:44pm On Sep 27, 2014
FrancisTony:

is in danger not certain if you will Go
Re: Christians, I Have A Problem by Nobody: 4:50pm On Sep 27, 2014
Dayvhid:
but jizz-us died nd went to Hell

He claimed perfection and didn't need to contradict himself.

What about Paul?
Re: Christians, I Have A Problem by Nobody: 4:51pm On Sep 27, 2014
Dayvhid:
is in danger not certain if you will Go

lol grin
Re: Christians, I Have A Problem by Pr0ton: 4:52pm On Sep 27, 2014
Tallesty1: Hosea 6.2— “After two days he will revive us; on the third day he will raise us up, that we may live before him”grin

grin grin

Not so fast.. Taken in context, that isn't talking about the resurrection of Jesus.

And then...

" After two days he will revive us ..."

You think?

2 Likes

Re: Christians, I Have A Problem by Pr0ton: 4:56pm On Sep 27, 2014
FrancisTony:

Re: Christians, I Have A Problem by Nobody: 5:03pm On Sep 27, 2014
FrancisTony:

according to Jesus who is your brother?
Re: Christians, I Have A Problem by Nobody: 5:22pm On Sep 27, 2014
Elantracey:
according to Jesus who is your brother?

Anyone who obeys God's will.

Was gentiles and Pharisee not?
Re: Christians, I Have A Problem by Nobody: 5:34pm On Sep 27, 2014
FrancisTony:

Anyone who obeys God's will.

Was gentiles and Pharisee not?

Nope , they thought they were obeying God's will according to your definition but they were not.
Re: Christians, I Have A Problem by Tallesty1(m): 5:35pm On Sep 27, 2014
FrancisTony:
There is no contradiction here if you can put that big thing atop your shoulders to a good use.
FrancisTony: Psalm14:1- The fool says in his heart, there's no God.
Proverbs 9:10The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom. So whoever says there is no God does not fear God so therefore he/she lacks wisdom and he who lacks wisdom is what?? A fool. So this is not an insult or a slur; it is an accurate description of the state of his mind, since the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.
FrancisTony: Matthew5:22 And I say unto you, whoever call his brother a fool is in danger of hell fire.
The term brother in our own time is a "believer". Someone who Fears God. Who has the wisdom we are talking about. So calling him a fool out of anger is an insult to his person. Here Jesus is teaching on anger and control of the tongue, not barring the use of a particular word. Matt. 12:36 says "But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment. Calling someone a fool out of anger is one of them.
FrancisTony: Galatians3:1 Paul called galatians fool.
O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?

Looking at the bible verse you will notice that the galatians were actually foolish. The gospel was preached, everything happened right in their presence but when the fake preachers came, they foolishly droped the true gospel and followed the fake one. Whoever choses lie over truth is foolish.
FrancisTony: Matthew23:17 Jesus called Pharisees a fool.
16 Woe unto you, ye blind guides, which say, Whosoever shall swear by the temple, it is nothing; but whosoever shall swear by the gold of the temple, he is a debtor! 17 Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gold, or the temple that sanctifieth the gold?

Lemme appeal to your conscience, read the whole chapter and tell me if the men weren't foolish. Examine the way they reasoned and tell me if there is wisdom in their reasoning.
FrancisTony: They couldn't lead by example. cry cry
It isn't wrong to state that an action was dumb, foolish or other terms to express the fact that someone acted without thinking.

There is a difference between throwing around insults out of anger and accurately labeling bad behavior.

There are no biblical contradictions. It just lacks penetration because you lack the two powers that can make you understand them; Conscience and Holy Spirit.

7 Likes

Re: Christians, I Have A Problem by Nobody: 5:44pm On Sep 27, 2014
Tallesty1: There is no contradiction here if you can put that big thing atop your shoulders to a good use.
Proverbs 9:10The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom. So whoever says there is no God does not fear God so therefore he/she lacks wisdom and he who lacks wisdom is what?? A fool. So this is not an insult or a slur; it is an accurate description of the state of his mind, since the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.

LOL! You're defending your God after he had insulted other people.
The thing is that he actually said a fool says in his mind there's no God.

The term brother in our own time is a "believer". Someone who Fears God. Who has the wisdom we are talking about. So calling him a fool out of anger is an insult to his person. Here Jesus is teaching on anger and control of the tongue, not barring the use of a particular word. Matt. 12:36 says "But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment. Calling someone a fool out of anger is one of them.

Jesus clearly stated it and I don't have a problem with it but the problem is contradicting himself.

O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?

Looking at the bible verse you will notice that the galatians were actually foolish. The gospel was preached, everything happened right in their presence but when the fake preachers came, they foolishly droped the true gospel and followed the fake one. Whoever choses lie over truth is foolish.
16 Woe unto you, ye blind guides, which say, Whosoever shall swear by the temple, it is nothing; but whosoever shall swear by the gold of the temple, he is a debtor! 17 Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gold, or the temple that sanctifieth the gold?

Lemme appeal to your conscience, read the whole chapter and tell me if the men weren't foolish. Examine the way they reasoned and tell me if there is wisdom in their reasoning.
It isn't wrong to state that an action was dumb, foolish or other terms to express the fact that someone acted without thinking.

There is a difference between throwing around insults out of anger and accurately labeling bad behavior.

There are no biblical contradictions. It just lacks penetration because you lack the two powers that can make you understand them; Conscience and Holy Spirit.

He clearly stated we shouldn't call anyone a fool and ought to obey it without contradicting himself.

That's my problem with bible.
Re: Christians, I Have A Problem by Pr0ton: 6:00pm On Sep 27, 2014
@Tallesty1 what rational person will call someone a fool without a cause?

We all have our reasons for calling people fools just as David, Jesus and Paul had their reasons. And if we should treat it this way, Jesus's commandment is absurd, so He meant saying 'thou fool'

A problem I have with Christians.. In that verse, Jesus never mentioned 'out of anger' you added that.. Jesus says, "whosoever shall say thou fool " and that's all.

Let's assume He said 'out of anger' would say Jesus was happy with the Pharisees so He called them fools?
Would you say Paul who laboured over the Galatians in carefullness preaching the Gospel, and then sees them moving away from the Gospel say to them ' are ye so foolish ' not out of anger?
Re: Christians, I Have A Problem by Nobody: 6:00pm On Sep 27, 2014
Pr0ton:

grin grin

Not so fast.. Taken in context, that isn't talking about the resurrection of Jesus.

And then...

" After two days he will revive us ..."

You think?

It was even now that I rechecked the bible he quoted. grin

Lol smiley
Re: Christians, I Have A Problem by Nobody: 6:02pm On Sep 27, 2014
Pr0ton: Dapo777, you told me to mention you in my topic. So here I'm calling on you, too

If you receive a letter that claims to be from prof wole soyinka and upon reading the letter you discovered grammatical errors and lies,would you
1)believe the letter wasn't from soyinka. Or
2)the letter was edited by some malicious people,although it was initially written by soyinka
Re: Christians, I Have A Problem by Pr0ton: 6:10pm On Sep 27, 2014
Dapo777:

If you receive a letter that claims to be from prof wole soyinka and upon reading the letter you discovered grammatical errors and lies,would you
1)believe the letter wasn't from soyinka. Or
2)the letter was edited by some malicious people,although it was initially written by soyinka

I'd believe it could be from the Prof. But when we talk about a Perfect Being, Omnipotent, Omniscient I'd not believe a word of it...

And if you must say that they later edited it, well I'd as well want to see the original myself if it has errors
Re: Christians, I Have A Problem by Pr0ton: 6:14pm On Sep 27, 2014
FrancisTony:

It was even now that I rechecked the bible he quoted. grin

Lol smiley

I knew they would quote that. That verse is the strongest to use, but it apparently and logically fails to be the right answer.
Re: Christians, I Have A Problem by Olusanya333(m): 6:17pm On Sep 27, 2014
Weep for OP its not good OP died in dis state
Re: Christians, I Have A Problem by Nobody: 6:20pm On Sep 27, 2014
Pr0ton:

I'd believe it could be from the Prof. But when we talk about a Perfect Being, Omnipotent, Omniscient I'd not believe a word of it...

And if you must say that they later edited it, well I'd as well want to see the original myself if it has errors

Now u Ar talking. Do What is expected.
Re: Christians, I Have A Problem by Pr0ton: 6:34pm On Sep 27, 2014
Dapo777:

lol
Re: Christians, I Have A Problem by Pr0ton: 6:36pm On Sep 27, 2014
Dapo777:

And in the absence of the original script?
Re: Christians, I Have A Problem by Nobody: 8:07pm On Sep 27, 2014
Pr0ton:

And in the absence of the original script?

U Ar left with no choice But to face the dilemma of the situation. That's how I handle it.
I can't rule out the possibility that the Bible could be from God just because they are errors there, and I also can't rule out the possibility that the Bible might not have been from God afterall.

POSSIBILITIES.
Re: Christians, I Have A Problem by alentyno: 8:29pm On Sep 27, 2014
FrancisTony:

Jesus clearly stated it and I don't have a problem with it but the problem is contradicting himself.

He clearly stated we shouldn't call anyone a fool and ought to obey it without contradicting himself.

Blood of God! Francistony is this coming from you?! Like seriously? Or are my eyes playing tricks on me?
Re: Christians, I Have A Problem by tpia1: 9:07pm On Sep 27, 2014
Wow, what a d.umb question.

"Where can I find this in the old testament"?

Really?
Re: Christians, I Have A Problem by Nobody: 9:09pm On Sep 27, 2014
alentyno:
Blood of God! Francistony is this coming from you?! Like seriously? Or are my eyes playing tricks on me?

Blood of Jesus you mean?

undecided undecided
Re: Christians, I Have A Problem by tpia1: 9:09pm On Sep 27, 2014
Seriously, do some people not have google or any other search engine on their phones?
Re: Christians, I Have A Problem by asalimpo(m): 9:11pm On Sep 27, 2014
FrancisTony:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Catholic Answers- Mary, The Queen Of Heaven!! / ReligiousWar Against Traditional Religion: Anambra Pastor Burns Ukolo Uga Shrine / £100 To Any Christian Who Can Prove The Hindu God Doesn't Exist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.