Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,787 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:33 PM

Is Sexual Desire A Sin? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Sexual Desire A Sin? (46701 Views)

WHY IS SEXUAL TEMPTATION A BIGGER PROBLEM FOR MEN THAN FOR WOMEN? / Is Sexual Thought A Sin / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by Jonwesley(m): 3:45pm On Nov 02, 2014
Rjasan:
There are three spirits that speaks into the mind of a man.
1. Spirit of the flesh.
2. Spirit of the devil(demons).
3. Spirit of God(The Holy Spirit).
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood but against principalities and powers and rulers of the darkness of this world and against spiritual wickedness in high places.
The quality and quantity of the word of God you know and "understand"(If you don't understand it, it won't work for you) sharpens your life as a christian. We are not to resist sin(no form james bond) it'll end up resisting you. Joseph flee he didn't resist. So don't resist evil thoughts. Fight them off with the word of God and they'll die completely. You won't even know when they leave you. If you're a strong man and you're at war with another strong man. You need the help of a stronger man to help you defeat the other strong man.
The spirits of the devil or demons are principalities and you can't fight them off with your power. These spirits puts thoughts into the heart of men in form of suggestions and if you're not sensitive enough. They encourage the individual to carry out that plan. So you must realise that we are at war with powers and principalities. Who wins depends on who you feed. But thank God. For the weapons of our warfare are not but mighty through God for the pulling of strongholds and casting down imaginations. So feed on the word daily and be devoted to prayer. And every sexual or evil desire will be cleared off your mind and you'l have a renewed mind. REMAIN BLESSED.

God bless U for this piece. My thoughts exactly. In short I cldn't have said succinctly like this.
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by adedayourt(m): 3:46pm On Nov 02, 2014
tpia6:

lust means s.exual desire.

Even wen its towards ur wife/husband?

So hw do u pro-creat without a desire to go tru d process
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by thorpido(m): 3:47pm On Nov 02, 2014
Awho:

where in the bible is it writen that sex outside marriege is a sin? Answers with reference
Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me:it is good for a man not to touch a woman.Nevertheless,to avoid fornication,let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband(1 Corinthians 7:1-2).
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by Cusan: 3:58pm On Nov 02, 2014
[quote author=OasisofRefuge post=27648235]@op do you mean sexual urge or what? if yes, its not a sin. its normal. its God that put it in human.
but its becomes a sin when we do not have self control over our urge and allow it overpower us. [/quote

this is simply the answer to your questions @op
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by daygee1(m): 3:58pm On Nov 02, 2014
Do not be pressured or deceived into having SEX ! Your future holds better promises. LEARN to listen to your parents and trust me, if you trust them with such peculiar matter you can talk it out with them. I think they are the best to talk to.

Ephesians 6:1-3.
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by Cusan: 4:06pm On Nov 02, 2014
[quote author=slap1 post=27662610]Being hungry is not a sin; stealing food is. [/quot
e]

THATS THE ANSWER IN SIMPLE BLACK AND WHITE
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Nov 02, 2014
Sexual Desire for whom? is the Main Question.

I am married and i have sexual desire(s) for my wife so many times when i see her, i'm i committing sin? Isn't she my Wife?

And even if, the opposite is not your married partner, its still no sin as you have not perpetrated the act.
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by femi4: 4:14pm On Nov 02, 2014
nomabeeee:
I have been having this argument with someone. Is sexual desire a sin? I don't really have something tangible to say about it. I really want to know what people think about this. I really hope I will get to have an answer to my question. So I plead with everyone to give matured and biblical comments. God bless you as you do. *Waiting*
its very easy....it is given in or surrendering to sexual desires that is a sin. Gal 5:16 "So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh"

Everybody do go thirsty, but not everybody steal to quench their thirst
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by Inemobot(m): 4:21pm On Nov 02, 2014
My dear, it is a sin if you done it outside marriage. sexual desire is a sin if you are not married, go and read the ten commandment.
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by redsun(m): 4:22pm On Nov 02, 2014
It is just one of the key emotions that makes us living creatures. Even plants expresses it.

Sin is guilt and only the guilty and unfortunately the fundentally ignorant are afraid.
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by onila(f): 4:33pm On Nov 02, 2014
ifeness:
Bible calls it a sin,Common sense and science call it human nature
grin
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by BreezyRita(f): 4:34pm On Nov 02, 2014
Sex.ual urge is not a sin.... Its natural
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by BuddhaPalm(m): 4:37pm On Nov 02, 2014
thorpido:
Intimate desire is not a sin.Putting it into action outside of marriage is what makes it a sin.

It is no sin under any circumstances.
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by BuddhaPalm(m): 4:39pm On Nov 02, 2014
ichidodo:
It is NEVER a sin,heck it is that which defines us as living primal beings...can breathing be sin? or the desire to quench our thirst? this societal repression of our sensuality is the reason our world is a mess today....."Man was made to make love"
Kamasutra 10,000BC...

*Gilded*
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Nov 02, 2014
[deleted]
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by grandstar(m): 4:47pm On Nov 02, 2014
Sexual desire is not a sin.

If you read I Cor 7: 1-5 and verse 8- 9

What is essential
Now concerning the things about which you wrote, it is better for a man not to touch* a woman;

2 but because of the prevalence of sexual immorality,* let each man have his own wife+ and each woman have her own husband.

3 Let the husband give to his wife her due, and let the wife also do likewise to her husband.

4 The wife does not have authority over her own body, but her husband does; likewise, the husband does not have authority over his own body, but his wife does.

5 Do not deprive each other except by mutual consent for an appointed time, so that you may devote time to prayer and may come together again, in order that Satan may not keep tempting you for your lack of self-control.

8 Now I say to those who are unmarried and to the widows that it is better for them if they remain as I am.

9 But if they do not have self-control, let them marry, for it is better to marry than to be inflamed with passion

Also read Proverbs 5: 18-20

18 May your own fountain* be blessed, And may you rejoice with the wife of your youth,
+ 19 A loving doe, a graceful mountain goat.*+ Let her breasts satisfy* you at all times. May you be captivated by her love constantly.
+ 20 So why, my son, should you be captivated by a wayward* woman Or embrace the bosom of an immoral* woman?+

From Solomons words in the book of proverbs, its obviously he refers to sexual desire but must be satisfied within the marriage arrangement.

For more info, visit watchtower.org
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by pxjosh(m): 4:47pm On Nov 02, 2014
Rjasan:
The truth is such thought will come into our mind but when they come never accept it but instead fight it off with the world of God. Sexual desire is lust of the flesh. And a wise man once said that "the greatest thing that can happen to a man is the ability to conquer(control) himself. And that's the flesh.
please modify this.
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by niggereyez(f): 4:59pm On Nov 02, 2014
sexual desire in its real sense is simply a response of our bodies to hormonal interplay... wch is quite normal... excesses or lack of this response means something is not right...
.. .so sexual desire is not a sin... my opinion though

the preacher in the book of Ecclesiastics teaches a lot about it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by haibe(m): 5:12pm On Nov 02, 2014
ATOB:

However, it may be counted as sin for a married man who is having number one towards another woman.
It may become a sin if it becomes frequent in the life of a single man.

You didn't make sense here at all
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by haibe(m): 5:15pm On Nov 02, 2014
Inemobot:
My dear, it is a sin if you done it outside marriage. sexual desire is a sin if you are not married, go and read the ten commandment.

lol, if you don't have se.xual desire, then you are not normal since its natural. What I know is sinful is "lust" which is the desire to literally have se.x with the opposite gender.
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by haibe(m): 5:19pm On Nov 02, 2014
daygee1:
Do not be pressured or deceived into having SEX ! Your future holds better promises. LEARN to listen to your parents and trust me, if you trust them with such peculiar matter you can talk it out with them. I think they are the best to talk to.

Ephesians 6:1-3.

See this guy sha.. you think all parents are holy? Haven't you met adulterous parents before spoiling their children sexually?

Listen to the Holy Spirit instead bro
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by donbenie(m): 5:24pm On Nov 02, 2014
Better to chop a big toad and answer to being called toad eater with pride than to say na because i chop small toad them dey call me toad eater..if thinking about sex makes me a sinner,better to mess somebody while am it..
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by Dani9ce(m): 5:27pm On Nov 02, 2014
Matt5:27-29.
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by scosco1: 6:06pm On Nov 02, 2014
Sexual desire is not a sin ....but rather how you are able to control that desire so it doesn't lead you to sin is. Sexual desire is good it shows you are human please .
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by Skeelzz(m): 6:09pm On Nov 02, 2014
Religion...depriving Nigerians from living a better life since 1900 'smh'

2 Likes

Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Nov 02, 2014
OP as i dey here self ehn ma long john dey scratch me grin
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by tonte(m): 6:21pm On Nov 02, 2014
it's not a sin, it's a temptation, and no temptation is a sin, it's falling into the temptation that becomes a sin...get it...that's theoritically explaining it as i understand christianity, but on the other hand as a reasonable person, it's normal human nature, so if it comes don't be worried about the desire, be more worried about if it's really worth opening your legs at the time u get the urge. cheers

nomabeeee:
I have been having this argument with someone. Is sexual desire a sin? I don't really have something tangible to say about it. I really want to know what people think about this. I really hope I will get to have an answer to my question. So I plead with everyone to give matured and biblical comments. God bless you as you do. *Waiting*
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by Okute4ike(m): 6:35pm On Nov 02, 2014
Mak una nor de quote any how s nt a sin buh wen u rep a person dats wen its a sin! So omo mak una flex jor nor fear
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by SammyT95(m): 6:43pm On Nov 02, 2014
annoymous:
No. Everybody has sexual desires.

In Islam you don't get punished for thinking about stuff as long as you don't act on it which if you think about it is a reflection of your self discipline and determination because to be honest, everybody thinks about sex and has urges etc but not everybody goes to clubs and has one night stands with hookas just because of that.

Whether you decide to act on them is a different thing.
guy no dy put islam...we re talking abt bible backing here
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by BluStreak(m): 6:48pm On Nov 02, 2014
Sexual desire and lust are 2 parallel lines. While lust can be described as a sexual fantasy towards the opposite sex, sexual desire is a natural call. It can sometimes be triggered by sight or our thoughts, and also in some cases, it comes all naturally.

In my conclusion, sexual desire is not a sin, what you do with the desire is what will lead you to sin if it deviates from what God approved.
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by Vikkie14: 6:49pm On Nov 02, 2014
As sexual beings these vain thoughts and imagination will cross the mind at times just as weeds grow naturally but if we allow the weeds(thoughts) to grow, the garden becomes ugly. Who is to blame when a man takes the cub of a lion to his home and nourishes it till it's full grown? If the lion eventually kills him, it's his fault. So the SEXUAL URGE IS NOT THE REAL PROBLEM, ITS NATURAL. ITS WHEN WE START TO FUEL THE LUST THAT WE BEGIN TO SIN. Outside marriage, don't entertain the thoughts. God bless you.
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by tiswell(m): 6:55pm On Nov 02, 2014
NmaGOD44:
u r right......I think dat summarizes d whole thing
Seconded

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Abimbola Adunni Adelakun: Father Mbaka Did NOT Hear From God / Chris Oyakhilome Releases New Lovely Pictures After Divorce Scandal / Lord's Chosen Members Use Customized Airplane-car To Evangelize In Lagos (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.