Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,796 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:54 PM

Is Sexual Desire A Sin? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Sexual Desire A Sin? (46757 Views)

WHY IS SEXUAL TEMPTATION A BIGGER PROBLEM FOR MEN THAN FOR WOMEN? / Is Sexual Thought A Sin / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by slimmingcare(f): 10:14pm On Nov 02, 2014
Good response thorpido
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by tiswell(m): 10:21pm On Nov 02, 2014
NmaGOD44:
thirded... cheesy
fourted,lol..hw have u bn,omalicha?
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by akiOYIBO: 10:21pm On Nov 02, 2014
Goodluck1111:
The spirit of God can make to be fine... Just make the holy spirit ur friend and u will c d Lord's Goodness n holiness in ur life
Does it mean if making the Holy Spirit ur friend is a practical panacea for sexual desire?
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by Giitheon(m): 10:42pm On Nov 02, 2014
nomabeeee:
I have been having this argument with someone. Is sexual desire a sin? I don't really have something tangible to say about it. I really want to know what people think about this. I really hope I will get to have an answer to my question. So I plead with everyone to give matured and biblical comments. God bless you as you do. *Waiting*
matt 5:28-But i say unto you,that whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultry wit her already in his heart.....ROM 8:6 for to be carnally minded is death:but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.....of course dey'll come,we are flesh...but learn to dismiss d tot wen it comes.....dats one beauty of marriage,it saves us frm it.
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by KLand(m): 10:54pm On Nov 02, 2014
Sexual desire is not a sin in itself. But it can lead to sin if not properly handled. It is not a sin to be tempted but it becomes a sin when you fall into the temptation. If you are married, when you have sexual desires, you go ahead and express same to your spouse. But if you are not married, pls control your desires. Sex is not a sin only within the beautiful confines of marriage.
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by joshrare(m): 11:07pm On Nov 02, 2014
OasisofRefuge:
@op do you mean sexual urge or what? if yes, its not a sin. its normal. its God that put it in human.
but its becomes a sin when we do not have self control over our urge and allow it overpower us.

Are you with Op already?
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by Kay17: 11:17pm On Nov 02, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

Putting aside the 'staying power' (for now), you don't believe there to be a difference between the two?

Both are the same because they are triggered by the same instinct -- instinct to reproduce
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by Natascha(f): 11:18pm On Nov 02, 2014
It can never be sin. Not while I'm alive. No body be fire wood oh! Sex is good. Why waste ur body parts. Embrace it gurls. Don't be shy about it.

1 Like

Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by Nobody: 11:33pm On Nov 02, 2014
Kay17:

Both are the same because they are triggered by the same instinct -- instinct to reproduce

Haha. Really??
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by dallyemmy: 12:06am On Nov 03, 2014
What do you understand by this Bible verse Deutronomy5:21? Parallel Verses

New International Version
"You shall not covet your neighbor's wife. You shall not set your desire on your neighbor's house or land, his male or female servant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor."

New Living Translation
"You must not covet your neighbor's wife. You must not covet your neighbor's house or land, male or female servant, ox or donkey, or anything else that belongs to your neighbor.

English Standard Version
“‘And you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife. And you shall not desire your neighbor’s house, his field, or his male servant, or his female servant, his ox, or his donkey, or anything that is your neighbor’s.’

New American Standard Bible
'You shall not covet your neighbor's wife, and you shall not desire your neighbor's house, his field or his male servant or his female servant, his ox or his donkey or anything that belongs to your neighbor.'

King James Bible
Neither shalt thou desire thy neighbour's wife, neither shalt thou covet thy neighbour's house, his field, or his manservant, or his maidservant, his ox, or his ass, or any thing that is thy neighbour's.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
Do not covet your neighbor's wife or desire your neighbor's house, his field, his male or female slave, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor."

International Standard Version
"'You are not to desire your neighbor's wife nor covet your neighbor's house, his fields, his male and female servants, his ox, his donkey, nor anything that concerns your neighbor.'"
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by Callfubu(m): 12:07am On Nov 03, 2014
Sexual desire is no sin, its innate. God has put it in us. However it should only be acted upon when we get married, anything outside that is a sin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by crackhouse(m): 12:10am On Nov 03, 2014
OasisofRefuge:
@op do you mean sexual urge or what? if yes, its not a sin. its normal. its God that put it in human.
but its becomes a sin when we do not have self control over our urge and allow it overpower us.
Bible quotation pls.
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by Kay17: 12:22am On Nov 03, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

Haha. Really??

Note that we tend to love the attractive mates and ignore the ugly ones.
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by Nobody: 12:35am On Nov 03, 2014
Kay17:

Note that we tend to love the attractive mates and ignore the ugly ones.

What I meant was: I can totally understand how lust (a psychological and biological reaction to visual stimuli) triggers the instinct to 'reproduce', but how so does love? It's entirely unnecessary for reproduction.
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by Nobody: 12:46am On Nov 03, 2014
kr0ne:

Bible calls it imperfection, which is human nature too
Yielding to it becomes SIN

Sin is only in the Bible which contains loads of contradictions.
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by Oduduwaboy(m): 12:46am On Nov 03, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

What I meant was: I can totally understand how lust (a psychological and biological reaction to a visual stimuli) triggers the instinct to 'reproduce', but how so does love? It's entirely unnecessary for reproduction.
Yes sexual desire is a sin that can only be cured by removal of the P.E.N.1S! Remove yours today in order for you to inherit the new jerusalem. Me? i dey inside New Medina , so i no need cut my own!
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by soledadd: 1:30am On Nov 03, 2014
Sexual urge is natural in us but as christian it has to be put in check before it leads one to sin. But for an un married person desiring sex is sin. It can lead to masturbation. For married person desiring sex with a person other than your spouse is sin and that can lead to extra marital affair.
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by ChristisGod: 2:05am On Nov 03, 2014
NON-NEGOTIABLE
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by Bifwoli: 3:39am On Nov 03, 2014
Gay sex is a sin,but straight sex is sharing the love.

1 Like

Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by Nobody: 5:32am On Nov 03, 2014
Bifwoli:

Gay sex is a sin,but straight sex is sharing the love.

Yeah, bro. It's only sinful once gays are involved.
When a gay guy has sexual desires for a fellow guy, we say, "Jeez! Why? Stop". When a straight teenaage guy have sexual desires, we say it's not sinful cause no one can control his own sexual desires, it's an innate kinda stuff.

Lol.. you're so right, dude. Happy new week!

1 Like

Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by undisputed25(m): 6:02am On Nov 03, 2014
Rjasan:
There are three spirits that speaks into the mind of a man.
1. Spirit of the flesh.
2. Spirit of the devil(demons).
3. Spirit of God(The Holy Spirit).
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood but against principalities and powers and rulers of the darkness of this world and against spiritual wickedness in high places.
The quality and quantity of the word of God you know and "understand"(If you don't understand it, it won't work for you) sharpens your life as a christian. We are not to resist sin(no form james bond) it'll end up resisting you. Joseph flee he didn't resist. So don't resist evil thoughts. Fight them off with the word of God and they'll die completely. You won't even know when they leave you. If you're a strong man and you're at war with another strong man. You need the help of a stronger man to help you defeat the other strong man.
The spirits of the devil or demons are principalities and you can't fight them off with your power. These spirits puts thoughts into the heart of men in form of suggestions and if you're not sensitive enough. They encourage the individual to carry out that plan. So you must realise that we are at war with powers and principalities. Who wins depends on who you feed. But thank God. For the weapons of our warfare are not but mighty through God for the pulling of strongholds and casting down imaginations. So feed on the word daily and be devoted to prayer. And every sexual or evil desire will be cleared off your mind and you'l have a renewed mind. REMAIN BLESSED.
m

It will pain me if I didn't see you in heaven
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by kingsman66(m): 7:01am On Nov 03, 2014
According to the bible is a sin so anybody that fall astry to this....... is a sinner

1 Like

Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by mrnigeria(m): 7:10am On Nov 03, 2014
ifeness:
Bible calls it a sin,Common sense and science calls it human nature
Where did the bible call it sin? Misinformed fellow. It is natural to have sexual desires, but acting on it in perverse way is when it becomes a sin. Please be careful if you want to reply me. I have a short fuse. Thank you
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by zelimky(m): 7:55am On Nov 03, 2014
James 1:14-15 : It is okay to desire good thing like sex but it becomes sin when we elevate it above God and we must seek to redeem good things not destroy them.
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by tpia6: 8:18am On Nov 03, 2014
op your priorities are upside down.

you are asking if lust is a sin, and at the same time you are fighting for boys to be domestically inclined so they help out with house chores.

do you consider sex the only thing there is to a relationship?
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by Xmen149(m): 8:41am On Nov 03, 2014
He who looks at another in lust has already comited adultry...na bible talk am o..4 all have sinned sha..
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by Gordieshegz(m): 8:44am On Nov 03, 2014
@op....Wasere..na onikanji u dey yan be dat na...real konji na f*cking bast...ard mehn$
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by boujaye: 8:49am On Nov 03, 2014
nomabeeee:
I have been having this argument with someone. Is sexual desire a sin? I don't really have something tangible to say about it. I really want to know what people think about this. I really hope I will get to have an answer to my question. So I plead with everyone to give matured and biblical comments. God bless you as you do. *Waiting*
In my own understanding from the biblical point of view, its not a sin, but the bible says if you cannot hold yourself, then get married (1Corinthians 7:36)
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by Sekhukhune(m): 8:50am On Nov 03, 2014
It is not a sin because you do not decide to desire. It just happens and no one should feel guilty about it.
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by Nobody: 9:01am On Nov 03, 2014
mrnigeria:

Where did the bible call it sin? Misinformed fellow. It is natural to have sexual desires, but acting on it in perverse way is when it becomes a sin. Please be careful if you want to reply me. I have a short fuse. Thank you

why would i bother trade words with a deluded mind. I am already feeling bad for this one
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by tpia6: 9:05am On Nov 03, 2014
is the thread done yet?

how long should we dwell on the issue?
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by runtinxnigga(m): 9:46am On Nov 03, 2014
I don't think is a sin when in the area of A husband and a Wife. But it is a sin for unmarried pple. Period.......

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Is It Wrong To Call The Name Of Jesus During Sex? / 7 Ways Of Defiling The Body (the Temple Of God) / Prophet Chukwudi’s Prophecy On Buhari’s Death: Nigerians React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.