Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,656 members, 7,851,247 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:45 PM

The Runaway Spouse - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Runaway Spouse (2105 Views)

The Best Place To Meet A Spouse / How To Find Your Future Spouse / Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Runaway Spouse by zboyd: 7:07am On Nov 02, 2014
How long should you wait for a ’run away’ spouse to return?

A few months after your wedding in Nigeria, your spouse returned to the United States where s/he has been staying for almost 10 years now. S/He claimed to be a pharmacist in the US, but has not returned home to get you and take you over to the States or communicated with you, since leaving Nigeria. You have a good job, a car and a nice flat to live in but no spouse or children. You've resisted pressures from friends and family members to remarry, and remain committed to your marital vows. Through friends and family members, you've confirmed that s/he is healthy. But they claim they don't have a current phone number or address for your Husband/Wife, so you have no way to contact him/her.

How much longer should you wait for your run away spouse to return?
Re: The Runaway Spouse by FynBabe(f): 7:14am On Nov 02, 2014
Obviously, that is a life of bondage. Why should any one remain committed to such a spouse? That spouse must have been sent from the pit of hell to destroy the destiny of the other spouse. The wait is not worth it.

2 Likes

Re: The Runaway Spouse by Nobody: 7:22am On Nov 02, 2014
Re: The Runaway Spouse by Nobody: 10:58am On Nov 02, 2014
As a Christian, I don't have a say on this.

‘Till Death Do Us Part.’ .... That's the Vow.
Re: The Runaway Spouse by waywardpikin: 11:32am On Nov 02, 2014
Irresponsibility at its peak. Definitely not worth the wait.
Re: The Runaway Spouse by phabulous88(m): 12:32pm On Nov 02, 2014
You've just been used! Your so called spouse only needed the marriage certificate for something in the US.

Again, separating from your spouse for a very long period of time (don't know how long) is valid ground for divorce.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Runaway Spouse by malaria(f): 5:27pm On Nov 02, 2014
Return of the ghost
Re: The Runaway Spouse by Nobody: 5:10pm On Nov 06, 2014
10 years?! Holy crap. And you're asking how much longer, correct?

*crickets*
Re: The Runaway Spouse by EfemenaXY: 11:51pm On Nov 06, 2014
They were / are both using themselves.

The one back home (Naija) only agreed to such a wedding in the first place for the lure of Green Card. The run away spouse in the states returned home to get married because he / she needed the marriage certificate as a pre-requisite for something else. To fulfil some sort of criteria.

So it's a marriage of Mr / Ms greedy marrying Ms / Mr f00lish.

1 Like

Re: The Runaway Spouse by Nobody: 12:11am On Nov 07, 2014
^^ 109% agreement

Greedy she is. How can she know, love, marry and wait for a man who resided in the States for 10 years prior to the marriage? If it was never a love marriage arrangement, he has not come through with her greed card so she should quit while she is well behind.
Re: The Runaway Spouse by Richy4(m): 2:08am On Nov 07, 2014
Go to the reverend Father immediately and say father i have sinned because i am about to remarry tomorrow.....

Haba!!! HOW MANY YEARS YOU SAY?
Re: The Runaway Spouse by zboyd: 7:11pm On Nov 07, 2014
Richy4:
Go to the reverend Father immediately and say father i have sinned because i am about to remarry tomorrow.....

Haba!!! HOW MANY YEARS YOU SAY?

lol...almost ten years.

As an aside, did you know that there are some women in the States who will stand by their men, for years, while they're imprisoned? And what of Nelson Mandela's wife Winnie. Some South Africans criticized her for allegedly taking lovers during the 20+ years Mandela was imprisoned. They thought she was to stand by his side, faithfully, no matter if he never was freed. Was this realistic? Winnie Mandela was a young woman when her husband was imprisoned.
Re: The Runaway Spouse by Kanwulia: 10:19pm On Nov 07, 2014
Is this realistic? undecided
How many men and women remained 'phockless' during the BIAFRICAN civil unrest?
Even Ojukwu gave birth while in exile over in Abidjan!

No need to rush to re-marry.
Just keep 'warming body'! grin

As you can see, to 'marry' nor be the problem. . .NA TO STAY MARRIED!
Person nefa comot from the 'frying pan ' wey im dey for hinsai. . . .you wan jump h-enter another one.
Rubbish tinz! grin

4 Likes

Re: The Runaway Spouse by Richy4(m): 6:12am On Nov 08, 2014
zboyd:

lol...almost ten years.

As an aside, did you know that there are some women in the States who will stand by their men, for years, while they're imprisoned? And what of Nelson Mandela's wife Winnie. Some South Africans criticized her for allegedly taking lovers during the 20+ years Mandela was imprisoned. They thought she was to stand by his side, faithfully, no matter if he never was freed. Was this realistic? Winnie Mandela was a young woman when her husband was imprisoned.

You quoted Nelson Mandela's Wife Winnie right? The wife knew where Nelson was. she visits sometimes and Nelson makes phone call some times if they will not allow Winnie inside the visitors lounge.

In this case there was no communication what so ever. in this 21st century? are you kidding me? for 10years? is the woman a furniture that was acquired for display? even a furniture on display are made use of sometimes.

if the guy is in prison, it will be a different case but when he is not in coma or prison and would not find the so called wife he married then that is totally wrong with a capital letter W.
Re: The Runaway Spouse by EfemenaXY: 8:51am On Nov 08, 2014
I honestly don't get long distance relationships spanning over years. I can't do it. No way.

A month alone is torture, abeg.
Re: The Runaway Spouse by Nobody: 9:00am On Nov 08, 2014
The fact that hubby is abroad is one thing but not having his phone number is another. This is not a marriage, it is a joke. Sorry.

3 Likes

Re: The Runaway Spouse by Nobody: 9:27am On Nov 08, 2014
And people call that a marriage? Wonders shall never end. Only greedy ladies fall for such rubbish. Serves her right. she wanna marry americana or londoner? Oya o she don marry. I know of a lady who 'allegedly' overtook a friend's fiance and married him last year. She is here deceiving herself while her 'Prize' took off immediately after the wedding. Now we are watching how long she would wait on him. A lot of women involved in this nonsense end up heading to court to divorce their imaginary husbands.
Re: The Runaway Spouse by EfemenaXY: 9:30am On Nov 08, 2014
Sophyrocks:
And people call that a marriage? Wonders shall never end. Only greedy ladies fall for such rubbish. Serves her right. she wanna marry americana or londoner? Oya o she don marry. I know of a lady who 'allegedly' overtook a friend's fiance and married him last year. She is here deceiving herself while her 'Prize' took off immediately after the wedding. Now we are watching how long she would wait on him. A lot of women involved in this nonsense end up heading to court to divorce their imaginary husbands.

Lol Sophy!

Abeg finish the story. Where did the runaway groom take off to? To be with his ex? grin grin
Re: The Runaway Spouse by Nobody: 10:08am On Nov 08, 2014
EfemenaXY:

Lol Sophy!

Abeg finish the story. Where did the runaway groom take off to? To be with his ex? grin grin

He went back to his base. Ive forgotten the particular country. You know how Edo parents love their children abroad. His Ex changed location as she couldnt bear the betrayal. It took quite a long while before the wedding took place bccos it seemed the guy had forgotten this lady. I heard he works in a resturant and isnt earning much which was why his wedding was really on a low budget. There was no cake served. so i was told. During the ceremony, he gave credit to his parents for making the wedding possible. it was an arranged marriage/marriage based on betrayal. His parents never wanted his Ex because she is Igbo. When they were still dating, she brought this her friend (The lady he married) along to visit him in a hotel when he came to nigeria. that was how he met her. his parents preferred this lady to his Ex and recommended her for him. We culdnt believe that this lady would do such to her best friend because she appeared to be Nice. Well, i guess once the greed for abroad things sets in, every saint turns to something else.
Re: The Runaway Spouse by EfemenaXY: 10:18am On Nov 08, 2014
Haaa!

That's crazy! Then why bother getting married? Unless he did it to punish his parents and "wife". Infact, that's just what it sounds like.
Re: The Runaway Spouse by Wendy80(f): 10:24am On Nov 08, 2014
[b][/b]
Sophyrocks:

He went back to his base. Ive forgotten the particular country. You know how Edo parents love their children abroad. His Ex changed location as she couldnt bear the betrayal. It took quite a long while before the wedding took place bccos it seemed the guy had forgotten this lady. I heard he works in a resturant and isnt earning much which was why his wedding was really on a low budget. There was no cake served. so i was told. During the ceremony, he gave credit to his parents for making the wedding possible. it was an arranged marriage/marriage based on betrayal. His parents never wanted his Ex because she is Igbo. When they were still dating, she brought this her friend (The lady he married) along to visit him in a hotel when he came to nigeria. that was how he met her. his parents preferred this lady to his Ex and recommended her for him. We culdnt believe that this lady would do such to her best friend because she appeared to be Nice. Well, i guess once the greed for abroad things sets in, every saint turns to something else.

Na wa oh. What abroad husband will do to some pple is yet to unfold oh.
Re: The Runaway Spouse by zboyd: 10:48pm On Nov 08, 2014
Richy4:

You quoted Nelson Mandela's Wife Winnie right? The wife knew where Nelson was. she visits sometimes and Nelson makes phone call some times if they will not allow Winnie inside the visitors lounge.

In this case there was no communication what so ever. in this 21st century? are you kidding me? for 10years? is the woman a furniture that was acquired for display? even a furniture on display are made use of sometimes.

if the guy is in prison, it will be a different case but when he is not in coma or prison and would not find the so called wife he married then that is totally wrong with a capital letter W.

I wonder why the husband's friends and family knew he was well and healthy but told her they had no current phone number and address for him?

Very strange.

They're lying through their teeth!
Re: The Runaway Spouse by sexybash(f): 7:05pm On Nov 09, 2014
Sorry poster
You are married to yourself. You try
Me I for don forget say I married sef
Na the man go dey call me to ask say we still. Married Shey
I nor fit. Life it's self bondage
Den I go carry my hand hand cuff my self Tia
Any way God nor go give you task wey you nor fit overcome
Re: The Runaway Spouse by UjSizzle(f): 7:30pm On Nov 09, 2014
10 years is an awful long time to wait for an errant spouse undecided
Re: The Runaway Spouse by cococandy(f): 6:17pm On Nov 10, 2014
Sophyrocks:

this kind of amebo gist. grin
Re: The Runaway Spouse by beeevan: 8:27pm On Nov 10, 2014
I did probably sell off the wedding ring and carry on like nothing happened undecided . I don't believe in wasting a fraction of my life on anything that isn't worth while.

(1) (Reply)

30 Rules A Married Woman Must Follow? / @75,dad Is Selling All His P/perties 2 Satisfy His Sexual Urges Wt Younger Girls / Relocating To Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.