Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,708 members, 7,824,002 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

Nairalander Personal Experience About Tithe - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nairalander Personal Experience About Tithe (1905 Views)

Did Jesus & His Apostles Ever Speak About Tithe Like Today's Pastors Do? / Fasting : Your Personal Experience, What's The Longest Time You Have Fasted? / Basic Biblical Truth You Need To Know About Tithe Or Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalander Personal Experience About Tithe by Nobody: 12:34pm On Nov 02, 2014
This is not a fiction. It is what really happened to me personally. This is my personal testimony about tithe. You know what? What a man doesn't believe in cannot work for him. I have been a tithe giver for sometimes now. Though I stop paying tithe at a point, but praise God I have gone back to paying it because it worked for me.

Some months ago, I was seriously ill for days, such that I could not get out of bed. I was taken to both private and public teaching hospital, all to no avail. the doctor at the teaching hospital could not diagnose my illness, while seriously ill and looking like I was dying. Note that I consulted different doctors. All the drugs prescribed were not helping at all. My illness condition was getting worse. My people would only come back from work and check me on my sick bed, day after day doing the best they could.

One of the doctor at the teaching hospital personally made me to understand that my ailment was spiritual and not what medicine can do. You will agree with me that some doctors can see beyond the physical. He asked me, "what church do you attend?" "Redeemed I answered". He continue to tell me that there is a name. It is the name of God. The name is called "heuw". And that if I could pronounce that name "heuw" my sickness would go. I was like, "this man wants to initiate me o". I refused. Again seeing that I refused to yield, he asked me again. Because he new that I was a yoruba man and it was in PH . "Do you know Ijebu people?" "Try visit them, they will help you with some spiritual help". I refused to answer him. After that I was driven back home.

One day while I was agonizing on my sick bed, with serious, deep and fast breathing as if somebody was standing on my chest pumping it (I new some spirits were at work). And because the sickness was too much for me to bear, I started crying and praying at the same time.

Now hear the way I prayed. "Lord, you said that you will not test me with any plague of egypt. You said you will rebuke devourer for my sake if I pay my tithe. For these years I have been paying my tithe and i can pat my chest and be bold to tell You that I do not owe you any unpaid tithe. I know that i am not perfect, but as regards tithing, i am perfect because I pay tithe of every money that comes into my hand".

I was shedding tears profusely. All of a sudden (after around fifteen minutes of weeping and praying) a powerful strength came from no where and entered my body. And immediately and instantaneously I felt wellness in my body. This was me that could not stand up a minute ago. I stood up immediately. It was like a miracle(indeed it was). I jumped up severally to be really sure of what was happening to me. I lied down and I did press-up exercise severally. My joy witnessed no bound that evening. I marched straight to the sitting room. I saw my neighbours watching football match. I paraded myself before them shouting "I am healed praise God" " I am healed halleluyah" and jumping up and down and doing press-up as a proof of my healing. Low and behold they all looked at me with awe, not knowing what to say because they were surprised.

That was how the sickness that confined me to bed for complete six days, unable to do anything disappear without using drugs.

If you pay your tithe in obedience to the word of god, it is for your own good. A day will come that the tithe will speak for you, sooner of later. Something may not happen immediately now. But because you are ordinary human being, you cannot see into the future. If you were able to see into the future, you would love to pay more than tithe.

That is my own experience about what tithe can do. You may disapprove it if you like. The bible says whoever knows to do good, let him continue and whoever knows to do bad let him continue because a day will com when I will put a distinction between the two of them. That will be when your good will be supposed to speak for you.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairalander Personal Experience About Tithe by Goshen360(m): 1:09pm On Nov 02, 2014
It is not your continuous paying of tithe that healed you, you were healed in Christ 2000 years ago, you just didn't know your rights and inheritance in Christ. So, your mind was trained to believe it your tithe paying that healed you. There are millions of people who still pay tithe and die sick.

New International Version
For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile.

That word "salvation" in the Greek means, complete wholeness in Christ. Stop believing you did something for God to heal you, God healed you not because of your works but because you're in Christ.

3 Likes

Re: Nairalander Personal Experience About Tithe by Hawx(m): 1:10pm On Nov 02, 2014
Glory be to God!
Re: Nairalander Personal Experience About Tithe by Image123(m): 2:13pm On Nov 02, 2014
Goshen360:
It is not your continuous paying of tithe that healed you, you were healed in Christ 2000 years ago, you just didn't know your rights and inheritance in Christ. So, your mind was trained to believe it your tithe paying that healed you. There are millions of people who still pay tithe and die sick.

For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile.

That word "salvation" in the Greek means, complete wholeness in Christ. Stop believing you did something for God to heal you, God healed you not because of your works but because you're in Christ.

Doubting Goshes.
Re: Nairalander Personal Experience About Tithe by Goshen360(m): 2:34pm On Nov 02, 2014
Image123:

Doubting Goshes.

I know you can support any extra biblical event to protect lies instead of believe the written word of God. grin

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Personal Experience About Tithe by Image123(m): 3:08pm On Nov 02, 2014
Goshen360:

It's called a testimony. You're so steeped in criticising that you don't see the irony of your perspective. So, you're healed because you're in Christ but there are millions in Christ who die sick? Are you aware that many pray and die sick? Does that translate to prayer does not work?
Re: Nairalander Personal Experience About Tithe by Goshen360(m): 3:17pm On Nov 02, 2014
Image123:

It's called a testimony. You're so steeped in criticising that you don't see the irony of your perspective. So, you're healed because you're in Christ but there are millions in Christ who die sick? Are you aware that many pray and die sick? Does that translate to prayer does not work?

No, it translates that in this era of God grace, you can't claim to do something to move God neither can you attribute works to what is already done.
Re: Nairalander Personal Experience About Tithe by Image123(m): 3:34pm On Nov 02, 2014
Goshen360:

No, it translates that in this era of God grace, you can't claim to do something to move God neither can you attribute works to what is already done.

Prayer moves God, praises move God. God does not forget works, He rewards people according to their works.

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Personal Experience About Tithe by Goshen360(m): 3:55pm On Nov 02, 2014
Image123:

Prayer moves God, praises move God. God does not forget works, He rewards people according to their works.

shocked shocked shocked

Here we go again. And you still think works is to DO SOMETHING FOR GOD TO DO SOMETHING IN RETURN?

Chei, Image123 never still get this revelation for all these years I dey waste my time to teach am... grin

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Personal Experience About Tithe by Image123(m): 4:11pm On Nov 02, 2014
Goshen360:

shocked shocked shocked

Here we go again. And you still think works is to DO SOMETHING FOR GOD TO DO SOMETHING IN RETURN?

Chei, Image123 never still get this revelation for all these years I dey waste my time to teach am... grin

i don't understand you.
Re: Nairalander Personal Experience About Tithe by Goshen360(m): 4:15pm On Nov 02, 2014
Image123:

i don't understand you.

Really! !! grin
Re: Nairalander Personal Experience About Tithe by honourhim: 4:56pm On Nov 02, 2014
Goshen360:

[/i]

You cant be serious bro. Why is it that he got healed when he challenged God with his tithe records in prayer? God could have ignored his prayer if his prayer was wrong. James 4;3 says- ye ask and receive not because ye ask amiss.

Obviously he didnt ask amiss. If he did, his prayers wouldnt have been answered. God moves in various ways in dealing with us. Our walk with God is more of a personal experience thing. There is nothing you are interpreting here that will mean much to him than this personal experience he had with God. Make una cool down for God o.

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Personal Experience About Tithe by enm(m): 5:53pm On Nov 02, 2014
Psalm 138:2 (NKJV) "I will worship toward Your holy temple, and praise Your name for Your lovingkindness and Your truth; for you have magnified Your word above all Your name."

@op, in your trial you refused to give up on God by sticking to Jesus as your personal lord and saviour by refusing the eckist suggestion.

Your also discovered a secret about God and His word. And the secret is that God honour His words above His name.

What you did, is speaking the words of God back to Him concerning your situation and God was move to honour His words.

2 Likes

Re: Nairalander Personal Experience About Tithe by Nobody: 6:48pm On Nov 02, 2014
Goshen360:

one thing I want youto understand is that we have failed to take God by his word. It is not by work. it is by the amount of God's word you are able to tap into. You may serve God and still feel like God is far away from your because you fail to understand the potency of His word if you believe. I lift up my word more than my name says God.
Re: Nairalander Personal Experience About Tithe by Goshen360(m): 7:04pm On Nov 02, 2014
louisinemo:

one thing I want youto understand is that we have failed to take God by his word. It is not by work. it is by the amount of God's word you are able to tap into. You may serve God and still feel like God is far away from your because you fail to understand the potency of His word if you believe. I lift up my word more than my name says God.

So it is the word of God that tells you, A CHRISTIAN to pay tithes? I thought you're not permitted to fall sick in the first place BECAUSE YOU PAY TITHE. I thought you're promised immunity from sickness by paying tithe. grin

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Personal Experience About Tithe by PastorKun(m): 7:05pm On Nov 02, 2014
louisinemo:

Can you quote a single verse in scripture for me that is directed at christians asking them to tithe money of their income?
Re: Nairalander Personal Experience About Tithe by honourhim: 7:40pm On Nov 02, 2014
enm:
Psalm 138:2 (NKJV) "I will worship toward Your holy temple, and praise Your name for Your lovingkindness and Your truth; for you have magnified Your word above all Your name."

@op, in your trial you refused to give up on God by sticking to Jesus as your personal lord and saviour by refusing the eckist suggestion.

Your also discovered a secret about God and His word. And the secret is that God honour His words above His name.

What you did, is speaking the words of God back to Him concerning your situation and God was move to honour His words.

My dear, God bless you for this. Don't mind those who want to drag you into unneccesary argument here. Our walk with God is more of personal relationship. God does not deal with all of us exactly same way.

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Personal Experience About Tithe by Nobody: 9:09pm On Nov 02, 2014
Goshen360:

So it is the word of God that tells you, A CHRISTIAN to pay tithes? I thought you're not permitted to fall sick in the first place BECAUSE YOU PAY TITHE. I thought you're promised immunity from sickness by paying tithe. grin

Jesus did not tell us that we wont see tribulation in the world. In fact if you dont face one challenge or the other, you are not a christian. But He went further to say that we should be of good cheer because He has overcome the world. He promise us victory. Even Jesus himself was not immuned from tribulation. He faced it and overcame.

By His stripe you are healed.
Re: Nairalander Personal Experience About Tithe by Nobody: 9:14pm On Nov 02, 2014
PastorKun:

Can you quote a single verse in scripture for me that is directed at christians asking them to tithe money of their income?

MAL 3:10
HEB 7:5
LUKE 18:12
MATT 23:23
NEH 13:12
NEH 10:37
2 CHR 31:5
DEUT 14:22
DEUT 26:12
LEV 27:31
GEN 14:20

Thank you.
Re: Nairalander Personal Experience About Tithe by Goshen360(m): 9:38pm On Nov 02, 2014
louisinemo:

[s]Jesus did not tell us that we wont see tribulation in the world. In fact if you dont face one challenge or the other, you are not a christian. But He went further to say that we should be of good cheer because He has overcome the world. He promise us victory. Even Jesus himself was not immuned from tribulation. He faced it and overcame.[/s]

By His stripe you are healed.

I know that by his stripes, you're healED. That's why I told, it's not because you paid tithes that makes you healed, IT IS BECAUSE OF HIS STRIPES and you just confirmed it.. grin

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Personal Experience About Tithe by Image123(m): 9:41pm On Nov 02, 2014
PastorKun:

You're yet to find one that says not to tithe, try harder next time.

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Personal Experience About Tithe by Goshen360(m): 9:42pm On Nov 02, 2014
louisinemo:

Thank you.

And all those verses talking to CHRISTIANS to pay tithes from their monetary income? grin

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Personal Experience About Tithe by enm(m): 10:14pm On Nov 02, 2014
Seriously i don't understand why this tithe is causing much wahala within us.

You believe in tithe or not does not mean other should dance to your tune. Yes we are commanded to pay tithe in the old testament which is also the word of God. One tenth of your harvest at the end of the year but we are not in old days again but a era different from then.

We are to bring one tenth of it to the house of God so that there will be food in the house of God for the needy.

Today your harvest is your income earned and if you like you can pay it at the end of the year or monthly even weekly, that is a personal thing between you and God. And if you decided to carry a bag of rice to church as your tithe no problem and i know God will accept it too. The tithe is to help the need in the church and also towards the spreading of the gospel. In other word the tithe is a financial support system for the house of God to carry out God work.

And if you still disagree with me, please let take a look at what Jesus said to the pharisees and the scribe in Mathew 15 vs 1- 9

1 Then came to Jesus scribes and Pharisees, which were of Jerusalem, saying, 2 Why do thy disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? for they wash not their hands when they eat bread. 3 But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition? 4 For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death. 5 But ye say, Whosoever shall say to his father or his mother, It is a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me; 6 And honour not his father or his mother, he shall be free. Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition. 7 Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying, 8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. 9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Read in between the line of what transpired from verse 2 to 6

The word of God in the old testament says honour thy parent and also spelt out a punishment for the offender of this commandment but in the time of Jesus the pharisees and the scribe were encouraging the disobedience of this commandment through tradition. Now let see what Jesus said in verse 5 quoting the amplified bible

But you say that if
anyone declares that what might have
been used to help their father or mother
is ‘devoted to God,’ they are not to
‘honor their father or mother’ with it.
Thus you nullify the word of God for the
sake of your tradition.

What am trying to bring out here is that just as honour thy father and mother is an old commandment so also is the commanded to pay tithe.

Time has change and our income earned is our harvest. Must we say because God caused Adam that he shall till and toil the ground before he can eat, we should leave office work and other job to go and till the ground before we can eat and bring our harvest to the house of God.

Yes Jesus die and pay the price for our freedom from the law but that doesn't mean we have been given the licence to contravene the law. In one of His miraculous work Jesus said go and sin no more. Here is Jesus who have been given the power to forgive and set loose captives from the bondage of sin, saying go and sin no more.

I understand why some people are against this tithe, the activities of some so called men and women of God make them to stand against it but they need not worry and leave all to God.

But if after reading all this and you are still unconvinced to pay tithe no problem but i need a favour from you. Call the holyspirt to come and visit you and reveal to you the word and position of God on the issue of tithe. The holy spirit is there to comfort us and revealed things to us.

After doing that please come and share with us what the holy spirit revealed to you.

3 Likes

Re: Nairalander Personal Experience About Tithe by PastorKun(m): 6:55am On Nov 03, 2014
louisinemo:

Thank you.

Epic fail, not a single one of those these verses even remotely suggests a christian. Should tithe money from their income. You would have to do a lot of scripture twisting to arrive at such a ridiculous conclusion.

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Personal Experience About Tithe by dein77(m): 8:44am On Nov 03, 2014
Goshen360:

That's Rhema. It comes by revelation.

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Personal Experience About Tithe by dorox(m): 9:22am On Nov 03, 2014
louisinemo:
This is not a fiction. It is what really happened to me personally. This is my personal testimony about tithe. You know what? What a man doesn't believe in cannot work for him. I have been a tithe giver for sometimes now. Though I stop paying tithe at a point, but praise God I have gone back to paying it because it worked for me.

Some months ago, I was seriously ill for days, such that I could not get out of bed. I was taken to both private and public teaching hospital, all to no avail. the doctor at the teaching hospital could not diagnose my illness, while seriously ill and looking like I was dying. Note that I consulted different doctors. All the drugs prescribed were not helping at all. My illness condition was getting worse. My people would only come back from work and check me on my sick bed, day after day doing the best they could.

One of the doctor at the teaching hospital personally made me to understand that my ailment was spiritual and not what medicine can do. You will agree with me that some doctors can see beyond the physical. He asked me, "what church do you attend?" "Redeemed I answered". He continue to tell me that there is a name. It is the name of God. The name is called "heuw". And that if I could pronounce that name "heuw" my sickness would go. I was like, "this man wants to initiate me o". I refused. Again seeing that I refused to yield, he asked me again. Because he new that I was a yoruba man and it was in PH . "Do you know Ijebu people?" "Try visit them, they will help you with some spiritual help". I refused to answer him. After that I was driven back home.

One day while I was agonizing on my sick bed, with serious, deep and fast breathing as if somebody was standing on my chest pumping it (I new some spirits were at work). And because the sickness was too much for me to bear, I started crying and praying at the same time.

Now hear the way I prayed. "Lord, you said that you will not test me with any plague of egypt. You said you will rebuke devourer for my sake if I pay my tithe. For these years I have been paying my tithe and i can pat my chest and be bold to tell You that I do not owe you any unpaid tithe. I know that i am not perfect, but as regards tithing, i am perfect because I pay tithe of every money that comes into my hand".

I was shedding tears profusely. All of a sudden (after around fifteen minutes of weeping and praying) a powerful strength came from no where and entered my body. And immediately and instantaneously I felt wellness in my body. This was me that could not stand up a minute ago. I stood up immediately. It was like a miracle(indeed it was). I jumped up severally to be really sure of what was happening to me. I lied down and I did press-up exercise severally. My joy witnessed no bound that evening. I marched straight to the sitting room. I saw my neighbours watching football match. I paraded myself before them shouting "I am healed praise God" " I am healed halleluyah" and jumping up and down and doing press-up as a proof of my healing. Low and behold they all looked at me with awe, not knowing what to say because they were surprised.

That was how the sickness that confined me to bed for complete six days, unable to do anything disappear without using drugs.

If you pay your tithe in obedience to the word of god, it is for your own good. A day will come that the tithe will speak for you, sooner of later. Something may not happen immediately now. But because you are ordinary human being, you cannot see into the future. If you were able to see into the future, you would love to pay more than tithe.

That is my own experience about what tithe can do. You may disapprove it if you like. The bible says whoever knows to do good, let him continue and whoever knows to do bad let him continue because a day will com when I will put a distinction between the two of them. That will be when your good will be supposed to speak for you.
Another one of those silly made up stories to deceive gullible people into paying one tenth of their income to greedy MOGs as insurance from sickness and misfortune. And the sad thing about this scam is that the victims could have actually got a reasonable amount of cover against the various evils they pay tithe for, and a lump sum payment to their loved ones should death befall them if that wasted ten percent of income is paid to an actual insurance company.

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Personal Experience About Tithe by PastorKun(m): 7:17pm On Nov 03, 2014
Image123:

You're yet to find one that says not to tithe, try harder next time.

Hebrews 7:5-19 tongue and several other new testament scriptures that tells us that christians are not under the law which inc0ludes the tithing law tongue

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Personal Experience About Tithe by Image123(m): 7:28pm On Nov 03, 2014
PastorKun:

Hebrews 7:5-19 tongue and several other new testament scriptures that tells us that christians are not under the law which inc0ludes the tithing law tongue

Like faith and mercy which Jesus said are weightier matters of the law?
Re: Nairalander Personal Experience About Tithe by PastorKun(m): 7:57pm On Nov 03, 2014
Image123:

Like faith and mercy which Jesus said are weightier matters of the law?

Obviously you have no clue as per what the new covenant which binds christians means It's certain your mamon inspired love for tithes has blinded you to this fact.
Re: Nairalander Personal Experience About Tithe by Nobody: 7:59pm On Nov 03, 2014
dorox:

Another one of those silly made up stories to deceive gullible people into paying one tenth of their income to greedy MOGs as insurance from sickness and misfortune. And the sad thing about this scam is that the victims could have actually got a reasonable amount of cover against the various evils they pay tithe for, and a lump sum payment to their loved ones should death befall them if that wasted ten percent of income is paid to an actual insurance company.

Made up story? How does your payment or non payment of tithe affect me to make up a story. Am I your pastor that you have to pay it to me (I'm not one). I dont own a church either. I am just a "private" christian like you may possibly be. Just to tell the truth. That some people pay to greedy MOGs as you claim does not invalidate the principle of God. That there are so many churches of satan does not invalidate true churches of God.

2 Likes

Re: Nairalander Personal Experience About Tithe by Image123(m): 8:12pm On Nov 03, 2014
PastorKun:

Obviously you have no clue as per what the new covenant which binds christians means It's certain your mamon inspired love for tithes has blinded you to this fact.

Hahahahahahaha, you got stumped yet again. You no get answer. Try again next time, just like the devil does.

(1) (Reply)

Shoutout To All The ATHEIST Out There / The Mystery Of Open Doors / Benny Hinn's Confession And The Danger Of Pentecostalism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.