Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,703 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

Where Can I Get Nigeria-style Licence Plates? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Where Can I Get Nigeria-style Licence Plates? (4667 Views)

Appeal Court Upturns Lagos Court Decision On Number Plates / Do U Know The Abbreviations On Your Number Plates? / Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Can I Get Nigeria-style Licence Plates? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Nov 02, 2014
As the thread states...

...I'm after a set of licence plates, in the current Nigerian style. Lagos, Abuja or Delta State preferred. Of course, the actual tegistration will be the correct one for my rig, just the styling will be Nigerian. I intend to rock them here in the UK, on my customised Toyota rig.

Can anyone help me with a set? I will pay a fair price shipped to the UK.
Re: Where Can I Get Nigeria-style Licence Plates? by Nobody: 1:00pm On Nov 02, 2014
Getting a customised plates the last time I checked was going for 150k. All you need is the:
1. Name, Address and Phone number
2. Engine number
3. Vin number
4. Vehicle make type and color

Johnson the guy in the link below did mine for me the same day and I got the plates and papers. Customized plates might take weeks.

https://www.nairaland.com/1370441/renewal-registration-vehicles-cheapest-rate
Re: Where Can I Get Nigeria-style Licence Plates? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Nov 02, 2014
Thanks for your contribution, Cne010. I'm not sure if I could go that route, as I don't reside in Nigeria, and my vehicle details may not generate a licence plate.

In the UK, licence plates are not solely produced by the DVLA, they can be made up pretty much anywhere. Only the number allocation are solely the responsibility of the DVLA.
Re: Where Can I Get Nigeria-style Licence Plates? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Nov 02, 2014
Can anyone post a close-up of a Nigerian-style licence plate? Thanks ladies and gents!

1 Like

Re: Where Can I Get Nigeria-style Licence Plates? by aieromon(m): 1:50pm On Nov 02, 2014
Siena:
Can anyone post a close-up of a Nigerian-style licence plate? Thanks ladies and gents!

Are you referring to the normal license plates or customised license plates?

http://www.worldlicenseplates.com/world/AF_NGRA.html
Re: Where Can I Get Nigeria-style Licence Plates? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Nov 02, 2014
Siena:
Thanks for your contribution, Cne010. I'm not sure if I could go that route, as I don't reside in Nigeria, and my vehicle details may not generate a licence plate.

In the UK, licence plates are not solely produced by the DVLA, they can be made up pretty much anywhere. Only the number allocation are solely the responsibility of the DVLA.

Then we are left with the plastic option, The aftermarket type lol I see them mostly in Cabs when the current one wears they would rather get that than apply for a new one.
Re: Where Can I Get Nigeria-style Licence Plates? by aieromon(m): 2:02pm On Nov 02, 2014
cne010:

Then we are left with the plastic option, The aftermarket type lol I see them mostly in Cabs when the current one wears they would rather get that than apply for a new one.

The plastic option is also used when ones license plates get stolen or missing

You need a police report to back up your claim because you will get pulled over all the time.
Re: Where Can I Get Nigeria-style Licence Plates? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Nov 02, 2014
aieromon:

Are you referring to the normal license plates or customised license plates?

http://www.worldlicenseplates.com/world/AF_NGRA.html

Thanks for responding, Aieromon.

Normal, current-style licence plates, but for use outside Nigeria.
Re: Where Can I Get Nigeria-style Licence Plates? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Nov 02, 2014
cne010:

The plastic ones will do just fine.
Re: Where Can I Get Nigeria-style Licence Plates? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Nov 02, 2014
Siena:

Once I see cabbie rocking one I would get more info for you as regards the cost would also ask around in a Mechanic village.
Re: Where Can I Get Nigeria-style Licence Plates? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Nov 02, 2014
aieromon:

The plastic option is also used when ones license plates get stolen or missing

You need a police report to back up your claim because you will get pulled over all the time.

Since it would be in the UK, our men in Black won't be pulling him over lol..
Re: Where Can I Get Nigeria-style Licence Plates? by aieromon(m): 4:44pm On Nov 02, 2014
Siena:

The plastic ones are designed by sign artists. I don't know how much they charge though.
Re: Where Can I Get Nigeria-style Licence Plates? by dokilolo: 9:05pm On Nov 02, 2014
good to know we still av nigerians in diaspora who will fly d country colors at any opportunity. kudos Siena.

1 Like

Re: Where Can I Get Nigeria-style Licence Plates? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Nov 02, 2014
dokilolo:
good to know we still av nigerians in diaspora who will fly d country colors at any opportunity. kudos Siena.

That's the spirit, bro.

In the UK, folk rock Euro and US-style licence plates on their British-registered vehicles. Why not Nigerian ones? I intend to run Nigerian-style plates on all my vehicles.

2 Likes

Re: Where Can I Get Nigeria-style Licence Plates? by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:13pm On Nov 02, 2014
Siena:

That's the spirit, bro.

In the UK, folk rock Euro and US-style licence plates on their British-registered vehicles. Why not Nigerian ones? I intend to run Nigerian-style plates on all my vehicles.

Pardon my ignorance but I still don't understand what you really want. Do you want original nigerian plate numbers or do you want fake plastic plate numbers(which you can do your self)?

On a lighter side I can get you BOKO1 (borno state plates) for a small fee grin

1 Like

Re: Where Can I Get Nigeria-style Licence Plates? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Nov 02, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

Pardon my ignorance but I still don't understand what you really want. Do you want original nigerian plate numbers or do you want fake plastic plate numbers(which you can do your self)?

On a lighter side I can get you BOKO1 (borno state plates) for a small fee grin

Let me clarify things here.

I want my own registration number, but using the Nigerian-style plate, background and font. So still displaying the registration that my car currently has.
Re: Where Can I Get Nigeria-style Licence Plates? by diportivo: 11:01pm On Nov 02, 2014
You can only get a genuine one via customization.cos i believe wat u want is ur registration number 'written on a nigerian plate.the best,way to go about it is to av a plate customised,which then bear the number you want...you could get the plastic one too..very cheap,but ugly and dependib on the printer,very very ugly..customised plates is the way to go...i cld make enquiries for u tho
Re: Where Can I Get Nigeria-style Licence Plates? by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:16am On Nov 03, 2014
Siena:

Let me clarify things here.

I want my own registration number, but using the Nigerian-style plate, background and font. So still displaying the registration that my car currently has.
cne010:
Getting a customised plates the last time I checked was going for 150k. All you need is the:
1. Name, Address and Phone number
2. Engine number
3. Vin number
4. Vehicle make type and color
Johnson the guy in the link below did mine for me the same day and I got the plates and papers. Customized plates might take weeks.
https://www.nairaland.com/1370441/renewal-registration-vehicles-cheapest-rate

Unless you want you want fake this looks like it.

The plastic option is very ugly and I know siena would do a better job making 1.

Sample. [img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSKVsx-A3JsYeRljiTmNhU3ribZUbONh73454sHZaCZvnO01n7lDRJbH7l0gA[/img]
Re: Where Can I Get Nigeria-style Licence Plates? by Nobody: 9:23am On Nov 03, 2014
GAZZUZZ:
Unless you want you want fake this looks like it.

The plastic option is very ugly and I know siena would do a better job making 1.

Sample. [img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSKVsx-A3JsYeRljiTmNhU3ribZUbONh73454sHZaCZvnO01n7lDRJbH7l0gA[/img]

Thanks bro! I'll go with the pressed steel option. Saying that though, plastic plates made in the UK are very well printed. I'll look into both.
Re: Where Can I Get Nigeria-style Licence Plates? by Shagati(m): 2:39pm On Nov 03, 2014
Siena:

You have sms

Re: Where Can I Get Nigeria-style Licence Plates? by Shagati(m): 2:48pm On Nov 03, 2014
Also don't know if this China Supplier is legal.
Must be if you dont intend to use it in Nigeria

http://licenseplate.en.made-in-china.com/product/BSWEvtsAHuVx/China-Nigeria-Car-Number-Plate.html
Re: Where Can I Get Nigeria-style Licence Plates? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Nov 03, 2014
Thanks for the link, Shagati. I did look into that supplier, unfortunately they only accept Western Union as a means of payment.

I would feel more comfortable paying via PayPal.
Re: Where Can I Get Nigeria-style Licence Plates? by icemann(m): 8:02pm On Nov 03, 2014
Siena:
Thanks for the link, Shagati. I did look into that supplier, unfortunately they only accept Western Union as a means of payment.

I would feel more comfortable paying via PayPal.

I can do Texas plates for you.

Check the link and see if you like any.
http://www.myplates.com/
Re: Where Can I Get Nigeria-style Licence Plates? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Nov 03, 2014
^^^Nice licence plates, Icemann. I have considered North American licence plates in the past. But I specifically want Nigerian-style ones. smiley
Re: Where Can I Get Nigeria-style Licence Plates? by DonGotti(m): 11:35am On Nov 12, 2014
Siena:
^^^Nice licence plates, Icemann. I have considered North American licence plates in the past. But I specifically want Nigerian-style ones. smiley

Dear Siena:

I need your help and i know you can help a lot.

I have used 2 honda’s (i hate them all), I have used a grand cherokee (i loved it)

My current car is Mercedes Benz C320 (2003) I love it, its V6, supercharged (12plugs)

I want to buy another car, my simple idea is just to upgrade to a C230 or 240 v6 and super charged too but then someone introduced me to Audi..

I love the A7/A8 but its too big and long, can you recommend an Audi/year that you feel can feel like the c240/230..i need to make a decision fast…

The person buying for me is currently in germany…waiting for my decision or do you think, i should stick with benz…i might be willing to go up to 2007 for ant one you recommend.

Ps, my benz electrician said parts are the issue…i use my benz everyday and its an everyday car i want.

Thanks, hope to hear from you.

DG!
Re: Where Can I Get Nigeria-style Licence Plates? by ivoryhouse(m): 7:55pm On Nov 12, 2014
Will you want plates that were taken off a car? There is a remote possibility of getting a set from someone.
Re: Where Can I Get Nigeria-style Licence Plates? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Nov 12, 2014
ivoryhouse:
Will you want plates that were taken off a car? There is a remote possibility of getting a set from someone.

They would only be good for show use if they were off another car. But...they would be useful in terms of getting them replicated with my own registration, size and font dimensions would be exactly how they should be in Nigeria.

I would be interested!
Re: Where Can I Get Nigeria-style Licence Plates? by ivoryhouse(m): 8:06pm On Nov 12, 2014
Siena:

They would only be good for show use if they were off another car. But...they would be useful in terms of getting them replicated with my own registration, size and font dimensions would be exactly how they should be in Nigeria.

I would be interested!
Ok. I will check with someone that may have a set and get back to you ASAP
Re: Where Can I Get Nigeria-style Licence Plates? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Nov 12, 2014
ivoryhouse:

Ok. I will check with someone that may have a set and get back to you ASAP

Thanks bruh, I really appreciate your efforts.
Re: Where Can I Get Nigeria-style Licence Plates? by JUO(m): 11:37pm On Nov 12, 2014
oga I think I will help you with this. I will call my contact tomorrow if he will accept to do it
Re: Where Can I Get Nigeria-style Licence Plates? by JUO(m): 3:04pm On Nov 13, 2014
someone has agreed to do it but he is insisting on seeing the letters. you can send me a mail
Re: Where Can I Get Nigeria-style Licence Plates? by XerXesNG(m): 9:40am On Mar 26, 2015
DonGotti:

Dear Siena:

I need your help and i know you can help a lot.

I have used 2 honda’s (i hate them all), I have used a grand cherokee (i loved it)

My current car is Mercedes Benz C320 (2003) I love it, its V6, supercharged (12plugs)

I want to buy another car, my simple idea is just to upgrade to a C230 or 240 v6 and super charged too but then someone introduced me to Audi..

I love the A7/A8 but its too big and long, can you recommend an Audi/year that you feel can feel like the c240/230..i need to make a decision fast…

The person buying for me is currently in germany…waiting for my decision or do you think, i should stick with benz…i might be willing to go up to 2007 for ant one you recommend.

Ps, my benz electrician said parts are the issue…i use my benz everyday and its an everyday car i want.

Thanks, hope to hear from you.

DG!

Why not Audi C6 or C7 A6

(1) (2) (Reply)

Alloy Rim Vs Normal Rim / Converting A Toyota Corolla UK Model From RHD To LHD / Shortage Of Engine Oil In EOD.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.