Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,478 members, 7,819,740 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

Converting A Toyota Corolla UK Model From RHD To LHD - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Converting A Toyota Corolla UK Model From RHD To LHD (4672 Views)

Car Convertion From Rhd To Lhd / How To Know If A Car Has Been Converted From Rhd To Lhd? / Converting A Toyota Corolla 2006 UK Model From RHD To LHD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Converting A Toyota Corolla UK Model From RHD To LHD by lekbel09(m): 6:38pm On May 12, 2019
An uncle of mine is thinking of purchasing a Toyota corolla 2006 from the uk and wants to know the cost of converting it from a RHD to LHD, and also the risks involved in conversion so as not to bring problems

Cc:Gazzuz
Nurey
Heavenly bang and any other contributions are welcome as well
Re: Converting A Toyota Corolla UK Model From RHD To LHD by RZArecta2(m): 6:41pm On May 12, 2019
Tell him to use the money set aside for conversion and buy normal left hand drive. It doesn’t make any economic or logical sense cool

3 Likes

Re: Converting A Toyota Corolla UK Model From RHD To LHD by lekbel09(m): 7:11pm On May 12, 2019
RZArecta2:
Tell him to use the money set aside for conversion and buy normal left hand drive. It doesn’t make any economic or logical sense cool
the problem is that the man is in the UK and there only drive rhd cars there
Re: Converting A Toyota Corolla UK Model From RHD To LHD by woodrow(m): 7:22pm On May 12, 2019
lekbel09:
So he can only buy from UK? He can't buy from Germany or US abi? Just say ur "uncle" got cheaper offers in the UK.shikena

2 Likes

Re: Converting A Toyota Corolla UK Model From RHD To LHD by lekbel09(m): 7:31pm On May 12, 2019
woodrow:

So he can only buy from UK? He can't buy from Germany or US abi? Just say ur "uncle" got cheaper offers in the UK.shikena
I think so too, but are risks involved in converting Toyota corolla? Make pesin no go buy problem
Re: Converting A Toyota Corolla UK Model From RHD To LHD by RZArecta2(m): 7:41pm On May 12, 2019
lekbel09:
its not a problem at all, if he buys it there he should make sure he does the conversion there. It’s not just about changing dashboard, there are lots of intricacies involved and at the end of the day it would be penny wise, pound foolîsh. He can easily go into mainland Europe and get the car, ship it down if he really wants to buy it himself

1 Like

Re: Converting A Toyota Corolla UK Model From RHD To LHD by lekbel09(m): 7:47pm On May 12, 2019
RZArecta2:
its not a problem at all, if he buys it there he should make sure he does the conversion there. It’s not just about changing dashboard, there are lots of intricacies involved and at the end of the day it would be penny wise, pound foolîsh. He can easily go into mainland Europe and get the car, ship it down if he really wants to buy it himself
OK thanks appreciate it, so u mean naija technicians can't do a thorough job for the conversion.
Re: Converting A Toyota Corolla UK Model From RHD To LHD by lekbel09(m): 7:48pm On May 12, 2019
Just spoke with the stubborn man now, he has already bought it

2 Likes

Re: Converting A Toyota Corolla UK Model From RHD To LHD by RZArecta2(m): 7:54pm On May 12, 2019
lekbel09:
OK thanks appreciate it, so u mean naija technicians can't do a thorough job for the conversion.
there are those who can do a great job but financially at the end of the day is it worth it ? Especially when you consider how much you’ll spend buying a LHD at once.
Re: Converting A Toyota Corolla UK Model From RHD To LHD by RZArecta2(m): 7:55pm On May 12, 2019
lekbel09:
Just spoke with the stubborn man now, he has already bought it
wash your hands like Pontius Pilate

7 Likes

Re: Converting A Toyota Corolla UK Model From RHD To LHD by lekbel09(m): 7:57pm On May 12, 2019
RZArecta2:
wash your hands like Pontius Pilate
I tell you bro wink wink wink.Just curious wats the estimate cost of conversion here in naija
Re: Converting A Toyota Corolla UK Model From RHD To LHD by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:02pm On May 12, 2019
Why do I get the feeling this uncle is actually you? cheesy

13 Likes

Re: Converting A Toyota Corolla UK Model From RHD To LHD by Mayor555(m): 8:39pm On May 12, 2019
I'm really curious here, what's bad in converting a vehicle? I really want to know.... I've seen converted cars being used for long... I've used one before... What's the fuss there please.... I want to learn.

There are people that convert RHD to LHD properly.... P

1 Like

Re: Converting A Toyota Corolla UK Model From RHD To LHD by lekbel09(m): 8:42pm On May 12, 2019
4llerbuntu:
Why do I get the feeling this uncle is actually you? cheesy
Bros u go fit oga police o grin grin grin
Re: Converting A Toyota Corolla UK Model From RHD To LHD by lekbel09(m): 8:43pm On May 12, 2019
Mayor555:
I'm really curious here, what's bad in converting a vehicle? I really want to know.... I've seen converted cars being used for long... I've used one before... What's the fuss there please.... I want to learn.

There are people that convert RHD to LHD properly.... P
what car were u able to convert and where was the conversion done
Re: Converting A Toyota Corolla UK Model From RHD To LHD by snipesdam(m): 9:14pm On May 12, 2019
lekbel09:
what car were u able to convert and where was the conversion done

There is nothing wrong in converting a car. Get the right parts not cut and join. Ericko2k2 open a thread here and converted his Range Rover discovery RHD to LHD.

Toyotas are the simplest to convert.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Converting A Toyota Corolla UK Model From RHD To LHD by RZArecta2(m): 9:32pm On May 12, 2019
lekbel09:
I tell you bro wink wink wink.Just curious wats the estimate cost of conversion here in naija
i don’t know but OEM Toyota parts are not cheap, don’t let anybody deceive you. He can contact Gazzuzz or Radautoworks for an estimate though

1 Like

Re: Converting A Toyota Corolla UK Model From RHD To LHD by CityNGR: 9:50pm On May 12, 2019
Car conversion is is best avoided if you can

1 Like

Re: Converting A Toyota Corolla UK Model From RHD To LHD by lekbel09(m): 10:38pm On May 12, 2019
snipesdam:

There is nothing wrong in converting a car. Get the right parts not cut and join. Ericko2k2 open a thread here and converted his Range Rover discovery RHD to LHD.

Toyotas are the simplest to convert.
Thanks boss,i will do that
Re: Converting A Toyota Corolla UK Model From RHD To LHD by lekbel09(m): 10:39pm On May 12, 2019
CityNGR:
Car conversion is is best avoided if you can
Y did u say so sir
Re: Converting A Toyota Corolla UK Model From RHD To LHD by CityNGR: 7:20am On May 13, 2019
lekbel09:
Y did u say so sir

You'll find out if you go the route
Re: Converting A Toyota Corolla UK Model From RHD To LHD by lekbel09(m): 7:31am On May 13, 2019
CityNGR:

You'll find out if you go the route
make God help me , if the car eventually arrives the best thing is to sell it then , God why cry cry cry cry
Re: Converting A Toyota Corolla UK Model From RHD To LHD by CityNGR: 7:34am On May 13, 2019
lekbel09:
make God help me , if the car eventually arrives the best thing is to sell it then , God why cry cry cry cry
Better for the car NOT TO ARRIVE

2 Likes

Re: Converting A Toyota Corolla UK Model From RHD To LHD by lekbel09(m): 7:40am On May 13, 2019
CityNGR:

Better for the car NOT TO ARRIVE
wetin happen again sir? At least I go sha fit sell am if it comes, this one wey u say better for it not to arrive undecided undecided undecided
Re: Converting A Toyota Corolla UK Model From RHD To LHD by CityNGR: 7:54am On May 13, 2019
lekbel09:
wetin happen again sir? At least I go sha fit sell am if it comes, this one wey u say better for it not to arrive undecided undecided undecided
You'll sell at shipping cost
Re: Converting A Toyota Corolla UK Model From RHD To LHD by lekbel09(m): 8:20am On May 13, 2019
CityNGR:

You'll sell at shipping cost
y not? Lemme just see my money back and small gain
Re: Converting A Toyota Corolla UK Model From RHD To LHD by Mayor555(m): 8:42am On May 13, 2019
lekbel09:
y not? Lemme just see my money back and small gain

Busted!
Thought you said it belongs to one uncle?
Not an uncle, but yourself.

3 Likes

Re: Converting A Toyota Corolla UK Model From RHD To LHD by ruby360: 8:55am On May 13, 2019
Toyota cars are very easy to convert. Just come to Ladipo in Lagos alot of skilled guys do that.

You have to buy complete new parts for the car. No managing to get it perfect.

1 Like

Re: Converting A Toyota Corolla UK Model From RHD To LHD by RZArecta2(m): 9:44am On May 13, 2019
ruby360:
Toyota cars are very easy to convert. Just come to Ladipo in Lagos alot of skilled guys do that.

You have to buy complete new parts for the car. No managing to get it perfect.
at the end of the day, wouldn’t it have been better to buy LHD straight away ? I dare say there’s no model of Corolla car that’s not available in Nigeria for sale or can’t be shipped from abroad. Someone mentioned ericko2k2 but the person and his Range Rover but the person didn’t mention that the guy has a sentimental attachment to that particular Autobiography, he didn’t also mention the painstaking stress he went through to get all the parts needed nor the wahala in Nigeria. Ericko has that money to spend, it’s a luxury car for his personal enjoyment and he didn’t care about the financial consequences but our brother here is jumping into a pit when there are better options for him. It can be done but it’s not worth it at the end of the day

1 Like

Re: Converting A Toyota Corolla UK Model From RHD To LHD by asamwababy: 4:16pm On May 13, 2019
RZArecta2:
at the end of the day, wouldn’t it have been better to buy LHD straight away ? I dare say there’s no model of Corolla car that’s not available in Nigeria for sale or can’t be shipped from abroad. Someone mentioned ericko2k2 but the person and his Range Rover but the person didn’t mention that the guy has a sentimental attachment to that particular Autobiography, he didn’t also mention the painstaking stress he went through to get all the parts needed nor the wahala in Nigeria. Ericko has that money to spend, it’s a luxury car for his personal enjoyment and he didn’t care about the financial consequences but our brother here is jumping into a pit when there are better options for him. It can be done but it’s not worth it at the end of the day

Well said.

Am sure Ericko has his fair share of the conversion dose.Though he has money and had some attachment to said vehicle with technical knowledge on the range rover functionality

1 Like

Re: Converting A Toyota Corolla UK Model From RHD To LHD by lekbel09(m): 5:45am On May 14, 2019
Mayor555:

Busted!
Thought you said it belongs to one uncle?
Not an uncle, but yourself.
grin grin grin
Re: Converting A Toyota Corolla UK Model From RHD To LHD by lekbel09(m): 5:50am On May 14, 2019
asamwababy:

Well said.

Am sure Ericko has his fair share of the conversion dose.Though he has money and had some attachment to said vehicle with technical knowledge on the range rover functionality

thanks guys I appreciate your unbiased advice,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Alloy Rim Vs Normal Rim / Lamborghini, Ferrari: A Rare Peek Inside The Factories Where They Are Born. / Car Culture - Black Bike/Beach Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.