Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,324 members, 7,815,631 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:40 PM

Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler (35253 Views)

The Differences Between The IMF And The World Bank / She’s 21, An Entrepreneur And Trains Others To Start Businesses / Nigerian Entrepreneur And Indonesian Conglomerate Sign $ 1 Billion Mou With Gove (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by Dannyset(m): 9:37pm On Nov 02, 2014
Change of names. Same ni gbogbo e. Hustling spirit is needed for an Entrepreneur to thrive in dis land.

2 Likes

Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by stonemind(f): 9:37pm On Nov 02, 2014
Adyrin:
Cow
yeah its called malu in my language. yours?
Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by uphena: 9:37pm On Nov 02, 2014
TRUE!
Permission to share... cool
Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by Nobody: 9:39pm On Nov 02, 2014
l think l respect more, someone who can sell ice in winter, sell fire in hell. Someone that will make you buy the product, whether you need it or not.From an ounce to a kilo. A hustler can be an enterpreneur quite easily but not the reverse.

3 Likes

Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by ibnquasale(m): 9:40pm On Nov 02, 2014
danaiks:

stonemind:
d

irunobo2:
N

kurajordan:

Space bookers association of Nairaland (Nairaland). I greet una oooo cheesy wink cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by BruzMoney(m): 9:41pm On Nov 02, 2014
Book space

Modified

Afta all my effort I couldn't still get the FP!!! There is God º°˚˚°ºoo! All of u using glo to cheat ehn!! Contunu

Btw

Hustler and entrepreneur is the same! Just that one is for the tushs and other for ajepako's!!!

1 Like

Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by greatiyk4u(m): 9:41pm On Nov 02, 2014
Every successful entrepreneur is a huzzler bt most huzzlers re not entrepreneurs cos dey huzzle 2 satisfy dia immediate needs
Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by cole265(m): 9:43pm On Nov 02, 2014
Weldon OP. I thought am an hustler all this while as a owner of a dry cleaning and Laundry coy. Your post has put things right for me. I am an entrepreneur. grin cool
Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by slimmingcare(f): 9:44pm On Nov 02, 2014
They are two lines that cannot meet even if they are heading the same direction
Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by Owodiong(m): 9:44pm On Nov 02, 2014
I am a mechanical engineer n also a hustler
Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by danaiks(m): 9:45pm On Nov 02, 2014
ibnquasale:

Space bookers association of Nairaland (Nairaland). I greet una oooo cheesy wink cheesy grin

Oboi that is the way ooo cheesy

1 Like

Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by stonemind(f): 9:46pm On Nov 02, 2014
ibnquasale:

ur wlcm my brother, if u wish to join pls kindly get your form at the nearest thread thanks!!!

1 Like

Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by Jabioro: 10:02pm On Nov 02, 2014
Well, you hv defined both words meaningfully,l startf as a hustler,yes a street hustler before l established my own empired..so hustler beget enterprenur,both are inter wolvin it dpend who is handling it..am a street hustler without any finacial suport frm nowhere..pple begin c trust in me,and graduated a decent bizness enterprenur,
Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by leverage12(m): 10:04pm On Nov 02, 2014
dlex21:
Hustlers work for money but entrepreneurs... money work for them
You spoke my mind.

Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by PRINCEHPXP(m): 10:09pm On Nov 02, 2014
straight on point
Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by Elan83(m): 10:14pm On Nov 02, 2014
D former has an organized plan 2 achiev an objective,whil d later's objectivity if any,iz loosely organized!
Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by adonbilivit: 10:18pm On Nov 02, 2014
dlex21:
Hustlers work for money but entrepreneurs... money work for them
Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by Nobody: 10:19pm On Nov 02, 2014
Simple as it is ... you are regarded as a hustler when you are yet to arrive , when the profits dont match up .you are regarded as an entrepreneur when your turnover is something else and profit after tax can take you to bahamas at the snap of your fingers..... even the ab0ki that shine shoes is an entrepreneur to be.

1 Like

Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by executioner(m): 10:19pm On Nov 02, 2014
Posts like this should make it to front page. Enough of junks.
Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by ocheu(f): 10:20pm On Nov 02, 2014
VocalWalls:
Every hustler has the potential to become an entrepreneur.
nice. And op mind you, most entrepreneur you see today was once a hustler yesterday and most hustler you see today aim at becoming an entrepreneur tomorrow. Most people hustle just to make money and then establish a business.
Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by sylve11: 10:21pm On Nov 02, 2014
Interesting one @ op. cool
Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by initialize(m): 10:23pm On Nov 02, 2014
If you don't Hustle, you can't Enter anything....

Hustle-preneur seems more appropriate.

******For all you Technology needs, come to the HQ.

Click on any of the links in my signature below. My contacts are there.

Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by Reference(m): 10:24pm On Nov 02, 2014
The commitment and unrelenting pursuit of excellence is the gorge between the two. I don't care who you are or what you do. Whether you build rockets for space tourism, raise rattlesnakes to milk venom or donate semen to protect the gene pool, same rule applies.
Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by adonis89(m): 10:25pm On Nov 02, 2014
An entrepreneur starts wit capital E while hustler starts wit capital H dats d difference. U no kno were dictionary dey?
Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by sulmeza(m): 10:25pm On Nov 02, 2014
It's quite simple here in naija...if u strive rili hard 2 be successful bt u nt...u're a hustler.....an enterpreneur is seen as a 'successful hustler'...
Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by ocheu(f): 10:34pm On Nov 02, 2014
leverage12:
You spoke my mind.

not all hustler, some hustle to make money and start up their own business cus they don't have a helping hands while some hustle just food for and chop chop sake.
Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by akpumping7720(m): 10:34pm On Nov 02, 2014
Every successful Entrepreneur today was once an Hustler, except for those born with A Silver Spoon.....
Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by Nobody: 10:35pm On Nov 02, 2014
no
yes
Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by Reference(m): 10:39pm On Nov 02, 2014
cole265:
Weldon OP. I thought am an hustler all this while as a owner of a dry cleaning and Laundry coy. Your post has put things right for me. I am an entrepreneur. grin cool

'Owner' of a this and that...proves you're a hustler. Passion, people, products is the hallmark of entrepreneurship not titles, calling cards and kite flying. When people meet you on the streets and they say I am this and that or I have this or that....what immediately comes to your mind....be honest.
Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by MacluvPH(m): 10:54pm On Nov 02, 2014
In my dialect or tribe a hustler is "onye oso ahia" while an entrepreneur is "ide chizuru echizu,zuru ka emee" but the difference between the two is level of money or cash each is holding.I mean entrepreneur is a doro money while a hustler is a doro suffer.Finish
Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by freshdude99(m): 10:58pm On Nov 02, 2014
erad:
Note: Everything below is my personal opinion and I don't see myself as an authority on this write-up. Other opinions will be duely appreciated.

I don’t know how general this is or how every other person sees it but I feel it needs to be addressed. I see people referring to entrepreneurs as hustlers and the other way round. I’m an entrepreneur and will surely feel disrespected being called a hustler.

According to Oxford online dictionary, an entrepreneur is defined as a person who sets up a business or businesses, taking on financial risks in the hope of making profit. A hustler on the other hand is defined as a person adept at aggressive selling or illicit dealings.
For years now, the two words (entrepreneur and hustler) have been used interchangeably, most times wrongly. Their definitions clearly does justice to the differences between both words but this article aims at expatiating on their differences.

[size=14pt]1. Mission statement:[/size] This is a statement of the purpose of a company, organization or person, its reason for its existence. For an entrepreneur, the purpose of his actions and activities is to give solutions to economics problems. Legitimately providing goods and services efficiently with the aim of making and maximizing profit. A hustler on the other hand is not consciously trying to provide solutions to economic problems. He’s just after making money, not necessarily through the provision of goods and services and not always legitimately.

[size=14pt]2. Source of Motivation:[/size] What is the major driving force behind and entrepreneur and a hustler? What’s their major source of motivation? The major source of motivation for most entrepreneurs is passion and for some others, freedom. The need to be self sufficient and control the odds. The major driving force for a hustler is money and for others, more money. How they get it isn’t so important.

[size=14pt]3. Legitimacy:[/size] One major feature of entrepreneurs is their legitimacy. Their activities are always within the confines of the law. An entrepreneur understands the implications of whatever illegal actions he might be considering and the negative impact such actions will have on his business, its goodwill and his reputation. A hustler on the other hand has little or no regards for the law. This was clearly stated in its definition- illicit dealings. He’ll do whatever it takes to get money, legally or illegally. This doesn’t mean all hustlers are not law abiding but none of them will turn down an illegal offer to make some quick cash, that’s the essence of hustling.

[size=14pt]4. Ultimate Goal:[/size] The ultimate goal of an entrepreneur is fulfillment and success, which are most times accompanied by wealth. The ultimate goal of a hustler on the other hand is to live the good life, live big and amass wealth even if it’s at the expense of others.
Yes there are entrepreneurs who are extravagant spenders, but it’s most times a means to an end, an indirect form of investment.

In conclusion, not all entrepreneurs are a 100% decent and not all hustlers are criminals. It’s just a thing of concern when internet fraudsters are referred to as entrepreneurs and a honest highway gala seller is called a hustler.

I’m a graphic designer and I’m an entrepreneur, what are you?

[size=14pt]Check the portfolio(s) of Nairaland logo designers here; https://www.nairaland.com/1823110/nairaland-portfolio-logo-designers[/size]
Well my bro am not so good in posting on nairaland, but lemme say this, I hold a B.tech in Entrepreneurship and also an entrepreneur in Abuja. U are totally wrong about ur idea of who an entrepreneur is, if u must know, hers my private email: aerkitect@gmail.com contact me if u Av any questions.tnx
Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by MacluvPH(m): 11:01pm On Nov 02, 2014
This man that is advertising his products here have simply defined wat a hustler means. So gents no need to look for anyother definition because he is a doro hustler.No offence biko,Mbok.
initialize:
If you don't Hustle, you can't Enter anything....

Hustle-preneur seems more appropriate.

******For all you Technology needs, come to the HQ.

Click on any of the links in my signature below. My contacts are there.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Makes N150,000 Daily From Selling 'Fura Da Nono' In Kaduna / CHECKOUT & SHIP ON EBAY 950/$ / How To Make A Poultry Incubator At Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.