Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,055 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler (35256 Views)

The Differences Between The IMF And The World Bank / She’s 21, An Entrepreneur And Trains Others To Start Businesses / Nigerian Entrepreneur And Indonesian Conglomerate Sign $ 1 Billion Mou With Gove (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by nwaobitex: 11:01pm On Nov 02, 2014
grin
Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by scofield33(m): 11:06pm On Nov 02, 2014
To some extend the Op is right. But from my own perspective a hustler is simply a Go-getter- an aggressively enterprising person.
Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by initialize(m): 11:06pm On Nov 02, 2014
MacluvPH:
This man that is advertising his products here have simply defined wat a hustler means. So gents no need to look for anyother definition because he is a doro hustler.No offence biko,Mbok.

Your Opinion.... Doesn't define me!

I could help your situation, you know?
Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by legalwealth(m): 11:09pm On Nov 02, 2014
erad:
Note: Everything below is my personal opinion and I don't see myself as an authority on this write-up. Other opinions will be duely appreciated.

I don’t know how general this is or how every other person sees it but I feel it needs to be addressed. I see people referring to entrepreneurs as hustlers and the other way round. I’m an entrepreneur and will surely feel disrespected being called a hustler.

According to Oxford online dictionary, an entrepreneur is defined as a person who sets up a business or businesses, taking on financial risks in the hope of making profit. A hustler on the other hand is defined as a person adept at aggressive selling or illicit dealings.
For years now, the two words (entrepreneur and hustler) have been used interchangeably, most times wrongly. Their definitions clearly does justice to the differences between both words but this article aims at expatiating on their differences.

[size=14pt]1. Mission statement:[/size] This is a statement of the purpose of a company, organization or person, its reason for its existence. For an entrepreneur, the purpose of his actions and activities is to give solutions to economics problems. Legitimately providing goods and services efficiently with the aim of making and maximizing profit. A hustler on the other hand is not consciously trying to provide solutions to economic problems. He’s just after making money, not necessarily through the provision of goods and services and not always legitimately.

[size=14pt]2. Source of Motivation:[/size] What is the major driving force behind and entrepreneur and a hustler? What’s their major source of motivation? The major source of motivation for most entrepreneurs is passion and for some others, freedom. The need to be self sufficient and control the odds. The major driving force for a hustler is money and for others, more money. How they get it isn’t so important.

[size=14pt]3. Legitimacy:[/size] One major feature of entrepreneurs is their legitimacy. Their activities are always within the confines of the law. An entrepreneur understands the implications of whatever illegal actions he might be considering and the negative impact such actions will have on his business, its goodwill and his reputation. A hustler on the other hand has little or no regards for the law. This was clearly stated in its definition- illicit dealings. He’ll do whatever it takes to get money, legally or illegally. This doesn’t mean all hustlers are not law abiding but none of them will turn down an illegal offer to make some quick cash, that’s the essence of hustling.

[size=14pt]4. Ultimate Goal:[/size] The ultimate goal of an entrepreneur is fulfillment and success, which are most times accompanied by wealth. The ultimate goal of a hustler on the other hand is to live the good life, live big and amass wealth even if it’s at the expense of others.
Yes there are entrepreneurs who are extravagant spenders, but it’s most times a means to an end, an indirect form of investment.

In conclusion, not all entrepreneurs are a 100% decent and not all hustlers are criminals. It’s just a thing of concern when internet fraudsters are referred to as entrepreneurs and a honest highway gala seller is called a hustler.

I’m a graphic designer and I’m an entrepreneur, what are you?

[size=14pt]Check the portfolio(s) of Nairaland logo designers here; https://www.nairaland.com/1823110/nairaland-portfolio-logo-designers[/size]

You've said nothing but the absolute truth!
I beg your pardon!Kindly let me use this article on my website with reference to you provided you didn't
copy this from somewhere else kindly give me its link.
Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by MrDoGood(m): 11:25pm On Nov 02, 2014
joedejana:
I'm a Billionaire in a Chinese Company undecided
I'll be award youngest billionaire by Forbes 5th of January 2015 undecided

OYO
Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by joagboola: 11:27pm On Nov 02, 2014
seriosly looking @ the situation in niaja its from being a hustler you become an entrepreneur there is no two ways about that only if your from the family of the first class citizen other than that every young man for naija na hustler grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by lawrenceunaa: 11:36pm On Nov 02, 2014
post=27672389:
Nice one. It depends on the country you are from. The word hustler in Naija (forget your dictionary and stick with Olamide) means, "Someone who strives to become successful"
u re right
Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by NobleG1(m): 11:51pm On Nov 02, 2014
An Entrepreneur has legit business(es), while a Hustler engages in illicit dealings and never sits around waiting for lucky break.
Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by Nobody: 12:16am On Nov 03, 2014
An entrepreneur is the adjective of a hustler.
Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by headlights: 12:19am On Nov 03, 2014
In the ligth of recent discoveries of multi

Billiom corporations evading tax, i think ALL

Enterpreneurs are hustlers. grin
Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by Nobody: 12:28am On Nov 03, 2014
grin grin grin grin
Jabioro:
Well, you hv defined both words meaningfully,l startf as a hustler,yes a street hustler before l established my own empired..so hustler beget enterprenur,both are inter wolvin it dpend who is handling it..am a street hustler without any finacial suport frm nowhere..pple begin c trust in me,and graduated a decent bizness enterprenur,
. Choi! I see.
Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by erad(m): 3:26am On Nov 03, 2014
legalwealth:

You've said nothing but the absolute truth!
I beg your pardon!Kindly let me use this article on my website with reference to you provided you didn't
copy this from somewhere else kindly give me its link.

It wasn't copied from anywhere, I came up with it myself.
Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by erad(m): 3:48am On Nov 03, 2014
uphena:
TRUE!
Permission to share... cool

Granted with due credit given.
Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by ochallo: 5:45am On Nov 03, 2014
So on point, most people are just hustlers
Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by digitite: 6:02am On Nov 03, 2014
Well Noted. An potential Entrepreneur in the making here cool.
Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by felony101(m): 6:05am On Nov 03, 2014
Winners bet n co hustlers nko? Are dey not legal? And under d confines of the law??
Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by eunisam: 6:19am On Nov 03, 2014
This thing dont make any sense to me. All the labours of a man is to satisfy his basic need. Cuting across politicians,lawyers,doctors,beggers,haukers infact whatever you do for a living is for the basic and insactiable needs jör.
Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by NaLaugh: 6:35am On Nov 03, 2014
it depends on how you look at it.

Here is my simplification of it:

A "hustler" isn't necessarily an entrepreneur, HOWEVER, an entrepreneur is inherently a hustler.

2 Likes

Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by InvertedHammer: 6:36am On Nov 03, 2014
\
They are same.

Just different packaging.

Both are pursuing the same thing

/

2 Likes

Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by j4sure(m): 7:06am On Nov 03, 2014
Ok.
Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by legalwealth(m): 7:18am On Nov 03, 2014
erad:

Granted with due credit given.

Thanks!
Check it out here at http://ijamsolution.com/are-you-an-hustler-or-an-entrepreneurdiscover-who-you-are-here/ although I modified it
and still gave you credit.
Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by mayorall(m): 7:43am On Nov 03, 2014
Charging with mayor source power bank .Charges iPhone 5times. BB 6 times

Android depend on battery capacity.

Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by jaydee87(m): 8:13am On Nov 03, 2014
entrepreneurs for me is bout been able to see beyond what others see while hustling is about striving hard to make it, but I see them on the same level cos an entrepreneur must first hustle legitimately before he finds his ground and be established but a core hustler has no time for establishment he crave about the fast life....
Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by tayokem(m): 8:17am On Nov 03, 2014
Im a professional job consultant so i have experience in the subject matter. The fact is that every enterpreneur is also a hustler because if as an enterpreneur u dont hustle well i bet u ur biz wont last. Hustlers generally are of two kinds. the one from a wealthy background and the other from a poor background. If u find urself in d second class then hustling become desperate and at times illegal. Most enterprenuers do illegimate deals mind u.
Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by anonimi: 8:34am On Nov 03, 2014
nigerianvenom:

fact!
depending on op's definition of a hustler.
in our context,a hustler is one who strives hard to make ends meet but with sole purpose of achieving a future set goals.
with the above been stated,its made to be understood that today's entrepreneur was yesterday's hustler.

Dangote hustle through d sales of sweet n biscuit in secondary school, then loan some cash from his uncle to start a cement business,but today he is a great entrepreneur (that's d spirit of a hustler).

most billionaires today,e.g innoson,mike adenuga,gabriel chukwuma,owner of peace mass transist among others were once hustlers but they are today's entrepreneur.

an entrepreneur must struggle at the beginning and that "beginning" is what we tag "hustle"

peace out

Perhaps the distinction between a hustler and an entrepreneur is the manifest capacity to constantly reinvent himself and stay AHEAD of the game over the LONG run. The hustler essentially lives from day to day.

Therefore one may conclude that while every entrepreneur is a hustler, NOT every hustler is an entrepreneur.

So are you a hustler or an entrepreneur

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by joe17: 8:44am On Nov 03, 2014
Mrkuvuki:
Well it depends on the dictionary you're using, some online urban dictionaries will tell you that:

hustler  [hus′lər] a hustler is a person who is aggressively hard-working who knows how to get around problems, or a person who makes money by doing something dishonest.
So what's the difference b/w this definition and Op's?? Sir.
Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by SIRJENTLE: 8:45am On Nov 03, 2014
you ate correct in your discussion/ write up.
but do not be offended if people mistake you for what you are not.
only believe in your self and work on your dream.
Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by joe17: 8:47am On Nov 03, 2014
enkay4love:
grin grin grin grin. Choi! I see.
lols. U wicked ooO
Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by smartlunny: 9:15am On Nov 03, 2014
brb
Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by millhouse: 9:29am On Nov 03, 2014
ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Makes N150,000 Daily From Selling 'Fura Da Nono' In Kaduna / CHECKOUT & SHIP ON EBAY 950/$ / How To Make A Poultry Incubator At Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.