Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,433 members, 7,815,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:43 PM

Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler (35255 Views)

The Differences Between The IMF And The World Bank / She’s 21, An Entrepreneur And Trains Others To Start Businesses / Nigerian Entrepreneur And Indonesian Conglomerate Sign $ 1 Billion Mou With Gove (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by Appswheel(m): 9:29am On Nov 03, 2014
OK
Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by Nobody: 9:45am On Nov 03, 2014
joe17:
So what's the difference b/w this definition and Op's?? Sir.

He painted hustler in negative light, the urban dictionary painted it in both positive and negative..
Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by ihedinobi2: 9:50am On Nov 03, 2014
This is endorsed by ME. cheesy

There is an informal comprehension of hustling that simply means unrelenting hard work. But the root of that comprehension is in the idea that the end justifies the means which is the foundational idea of hustling.

That thought allows a lot of immoral and illegal dealings because the general thought is that once you succeed you can fix what damage you may have done. But the thing is that you don't just win something after a fight, you will still have to defend it. And if the only style of fighting you know is the dirty style, you will not immediately change upon winning.

I agree that entrepreneurship and hustling are different things. But hustling is not necessarily evil. Improvisation can be the good meaning of hustling. A hustler thinks on his feet and makes a solid field agent but an entrepreneur is HQ, he's the brains, the planner, the custodian of the dreams and hopes of everyone in the enterprise.
Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by nigerianvenom(m): 10:32am On Nov 03, 2014
anonimi:

Perhaps the distinction between a hustler and an entrepreneur is the manifest capacity to constantly reinvent himself and stay AHEAD of the game over the LONG run. The hustler essentially lives from day to day.
Therefore one may conclude that while every entrepreneur is a hustler, NOT every hustler is an entrepreneur.
So are you a hustler or an entrepreneur

morning boss
i'm both.all nigerian real billionaires were once hustlers.
Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by Nobody: 11:11am On Nov 03, 2014
At some point in life, entrepreneurs finds themselves hustling.

You dare not rule it out.
Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by Orikinla(m): 11:13am On Nov 03, 2014
That means majority of Nigerian youths are hustlers, including the bloggers who plagiarize and post lies and rumours and scam ignorant people and the hip hop artistes who copy the sounds from foreign artistes without credit and add their own voices. And also those who steal project ideas and pass them off as their own.
Dem plenty even for Nairaland. grin

1 Like

Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by emmatok(m): 11:19am On Nov 03, 2014
nigerianvenom:

morning boss
i'm both.all nigerian real billionaires were once hustlers.

Most billionaires are still hustlers. Just that hustlers got levels.
Some hustle with their private Jets doings meetings, whilst some do it with their legs.

When you see Dangote, Jim Ovia going to Ask rock everytime . What do you think they are doing.
Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by yungcyrus(m): 11:26am On Nov 03, 2014
I'm a Hustler plus entreprenuer
Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by ddjay: 12:36pm On Nov 03, 2014
One makes money in a gentlemans way, while the oda make money mixing agbero and gentleman
Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by Spydamannn(m): 1:08pm On Nov 03, 2014
I'm a hustler baby
Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by Glock9(m): 1:27pm On Nov 03, 2014
post=27672389:
Nice one. It depends on the country you are from. The word hustler in Naija (forget your dictionary and stick with Olamide) means, "Someone who strives to become successful"

Well said. The Nigerian definition if a hustler is someone who struggles until he becomes a success.

1 Like

Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by Originalsly: 3:02pm On Nov 03, 2014
A hustler is an entrepreneur who does not follow official business rules and regulations. A plantain chip seller.....selling on the street..hawking....is a hustler. Same plantain seller...tired walking....saved enough money....builds a shop..have it registered etc...sells plantain chips in the shop...but now he is an entrepreneur!...but struggling and suffering the same! My opinion!
Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by 9jatatafo(m): 4:04pm On Nov 03, 2014
Most enterpreneurs made their start-up capital through hustling (illegal way) and went clean by investing. Entrepreneurs exploit the end users by exergerating the value of their products or services so the end users end up paying more which is hustling. take y2k bug by Bill Gate. He made fool of all the world and billions of dollars rolled into his account. That is street smart which hustlers are. Money is in the streets and hustlers know this.

1 Like

Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by fxafrique: 4:07pm On Nov 03, 2014
Revealing.
Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by nanzozo(m): 4:17pm On Nov 03, 2014
joedejana:
I'm a Billionaire in a Chinese Company undecided
I'll be award youngest billionaire by Forbes 5th of January 2015 undecided
Guy,have u taken ur medication today?

1 Like

Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by AzontoGhost(m): 5:25pm On Nov 03, 2014
hustler ooo,entrepreneur ooo,ONE DAY e go bi!!!
wink
Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by Kagawa: 5:51pm On Nov 03, 2014
Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by bobbymishark(m): 7:25pm On Nov 03, 2014
so only when yhu rich like dangote or adenuga yhu can be called an entrepreneur?...nawa for yhu ooh
nigerianvenom:

fact!
depending on op's definition of a hustler.
in our context,a hustler is one who strives hard to make ends meet but with sole purpose of achieving a future set goals.
with the above been stated,its made to be understood that today's entrepreneur was yesterday's hustler.

Dangote hustle through d sales of sweet n biscuit in secondary school, then loan some cash from his uncle to start a cement business,but today he is a great entrepreneur (that's d spirit of a hustler).

most billionaires today,e.g innoson,mike adenuga,gabriel chukwuma,owner of peace mass transist among others were once hustlers but they are today's entrepreneur.

an entrepreneur must struggle at the beginning and that "beginning" is what we tag "hustle"

peace out
Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by nigerianvenom(m): 9:06pm On Nov 03, 2014
bobbymishark:
so only when yhu rich like dangote or adenuga yhu can be called an entrepreneur?...nawa for yhu ooh

always learn to read and apply wisdom,dont read as if u are reading a fairy tale novel
Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by Nobody: 11:15pm On Nov 03, 2014
nigerianvenom:

fact!
depending on op's definition of a hustler.
in our context,a hustler is one who strives hard to make ends meet but with sole purpose of achieving a future set goals.
with the above been stated,its made to be understood that today's entrepreneur was yesterday's hustler.

Dangote hustle through d sales of sweet n biscuit in secondary school, then loan some cash from his uncle to start a cement business,but today he is a great entrepreneur (that's d spirit of a hustler).

most billionaires today,e.g innoson,mike adenuga,gabriel chukwuma,owner of peace mass transist among others were once hustlers but they are today's entrepreneur.

an entrepreneur must struggle at the beginning and that "beginning" is what we tag "hustle"

peace out

KONFAM!!
Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by lampardizik(m): 10:02am On Nov 04, 2014
I am a business builder, bringing and helping people achieve their extravagant dreams . so be you an entrepreneur or a hustler, I can help take you from where you are to where you want to be. there is an empowerment seminar coming up on Friday 7 of November 2014 . if interested call 07081208427.
Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by bedfordng(m): 12:55pm On Nov 04, 2014
nice one
Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by Imoobot(m): 1:00pm On Nov 04, 2014
A hustler is anybody who can not disclosed his true source of income to others. Somebody who can not really explain what he or she does for living.
Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by bobbymishark(m): 7:18pm On Nov 18, 2014
nigerianvenom:

always learn to read and apply wisdom,dont read as if u are reading a fairy tale novel
still dont agree with ur views, entrepreneur is someone who controls other factors of production....does not mean its only people lik dangote who do dat. Do ur research well, yhu can b an entrepreneur on a small or large scale, dat is wher people lik dangote come in (on d large scale).
So all dis ur 'yesterdays hustlers are todays entrepreneurs' dont really make sense....meanwhile people dat kno nothing are hailing you. Lol for ur mind.
Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by Nobody: 8:32am On Feb 02, 2015
dlex21:
Hustlers work for money but entrepreneurs... money work for them
ON-POINT
Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by 9janinja(m): 7:55am On Jun 20, 2015
dlex21:
Hustlers work for money but entrepreneurs... money work for them

God bless u 4 dat statement
Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by 9janinja(m): 8:03am On Jun 20, 2015
BruzMoney:
Book space

Modified

Afta all my effort I couldn't still get the FP!!! There is God º°˚˚°ºoo! All of u using glo to cheat ehn!! Contunu

Btw

Hustler and entrepreneur is the same! Just that one is for the tushs and other for ajepako's!!!

,,,,,,,,,,,,,dey actually work hand in hand to get what dey want (money) mind u if casala bost police go arrest dem 2
Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by 400billionman: 9:41am On Jun 20, 2015
joedejana:
I'm a Billionaire in a Chinese Company undecided
I'll be awarded youngest billionaire by Forbes 5th of January 2015 undecided

Are you drunk ?
Re: Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler by joedejana(m): 8:35am On Jun 21, 2015
400billionman:

Are you drunk ?
[size=13pt]YOU MUST BE CRAZY angry angry[/size] angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Makes N150,000 Daily From Selling 'Fura Da Nono' In Kaduna / CHECKOUT & SHIP ON EBAY 950/$ / How To Make A Poultry Incubator At Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.