Stats: 3,152,244 members, 7,815,339 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants - Education (416) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants (1087791 Views)

University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants Call 07037300634 / Federal University Of Petroleum Resources {fupre} 2015/16 Applicants / University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) ... (617) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by ogunsinamayowa(m): 4:58pm On Sep 28, 2015
zezeny boss, any news about increment of school fee and accommodation?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Vivijeoma(f): 5:41pm On Sep 28, 2015
mstarid10:
. still waiting noni....
God help us,AMEN
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by MrsJemiee(f): 6:29pm On Sep 28, 2015
bayino:

admission into unilorin is by power and not by intelligence it depends on the people who are pushing admission for you.
wao! Dats not fair. angry sad undecided
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by kenaz: 7:45pm On Sep 28, 2015
nollywood2016:
This is to inform you that any person who want to run 2015/2016 admission into any University in Nigeria and for WACE / NECO Upgrading should call for more Information Admin +2348114070211

Thanks..........
Baba,take time oo

Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by cassyrooy(m): 7:51pm On Sep 28, 2015
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by keVeeeN: 7:53pm On Sep 28, 2015
ayxmania:

Only if you know, that the person you attached is an eloquent uite, the immediate past pro of ui students union, a first class law student, and the twin brother of an aspirant in the last SU election. Think before you type. Not yabbing you, just advising you ni. Jah bless.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by 11michael(m): 7:57pm On Sep 28, 2015
The merit list is errmmmmmmm nt out. undecided
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Barryquin(f): 8:16pm On Sep 28, 2015
Education / Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission
Process.... by Barryquin ( f ): 1:10pm On Aug 28 , 2014
Fembleez1:
Mehn,..........life don tire me o,........Russian and german are
there but it z funny history,philosophy and classics aren't there!!

Just to be sure tz the same monicker, i had to dig this evidence out for back up, uno, like the exact way you be doing in ur field wen u start getting cases to look into as a certified Barrister. Lol

No one neednt preach to u on how faithful God is man.. I tell u, it is not always by strength but by his GRACE alone.. look deep into how faithful God has been by shuttin his ears to your cries wen u were busy praying and wishin for the wrong thing just bcause u needed to get in badly last year, in oda to push u to that place u have to b dz yr.. he knew u were still gonna get qualified for this, but that last year wasnt just the right time for it. Most of us give up on what we want, then we blame God for things we didn't get.. We rush into stuffs that later fetches us dissatisfaction, but then, we still blame God for our faults.. The truth of the matter is, we will always have somethin to contend for in life, but the fact that we didn't get some earlier doesnt mean we aint gonna get it at all.. If ur initial dept's cut off is high and it didn't work out with the COC (which i pray will favour all those anticipating for it on this thread), my dear, you are not cursed.. God just wont give you anything out of his purpose for your life simply bcause your neighbour already Got it. (Sounds like m preaching right? You also know its the plain truth) Fembleez1 didn't give up, and God said YES to his patience, bcause he was gonna make a story of him and also set him as an example for encouragement to those who think he already has forgotten them.. You just are not a failure, you were never born to fail.. There is always sunshine after the storm.. Just get urself brazen up, if u got below the 50 itself, pick the form again and pick that school of ur dream! You cnt just take that crappy discouragement from this just concluded post utme result! I havent met you but i know the world is anticipating your rise, yes, you! So plz, Let's get this dream turn a reality.. Whatever may be, come rain, come shine, even if u are writting the exam again next year, u r not alone, UI nlanders are in it together with u.. Therefore, dearies, lets do this!! I await ur sucess story!!

Now to the main man, Congrats dearie!! U gotta get me a coke that has my name bodly written on it o.. Hehehehe

And to them nlanders that took dia time to inspire him and some other aspirants on the thread, y'all gonna make a better nigeria.. Let's do more of this till massive sucess is bin recorded

#WeAreUites #WeRemainTheFirstAndTheBest #WeDontTrainWeaklings #OurRecordSpeaksStill #OnToTheNextThing #MeritListAlreadyGettinLoadedInTheTruckForDelivery #GodStillAnswersPrayers #GoodEveningMortals!!

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Fembleez1(m): 8:45pm On Sep 28, 2015
Barryquin:
Education / Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission
Process.... by Barryquin ( f ): 1:10pm On Aug 28 , 2014
Fembleez1:
Mehn,..........life don tire me o,........Russian and german are
there but it z funny history,philosophy and classics aren't there!!

Just to be sure tz the same monicker, i had to dig this evidence out for back up, uno, like the exact way you be doing in ur field wen u start getting cases to look into as a certified Barrister. Lol

No one neednt preach to u on how faithful God is man.. I tell u, it is not always by strength but by his GRACE alone.. look deep into how faithful God has been by shuttin his ears to your cries wen u were busy praying and wishin for the wrong thing just bcause u needed to get in badly last year, in oda to push u to that place u have to b dz yr.. he knew u were still gonna get qualified for this, but that last year wasnt just the right time for it. Most of us give up on what we want, then we blame God for things we didn't get.. We rush into stuffs that later fetches us dissatisfaction, but then, we still blame God for our faults.. The truth of the matter is, we will always have somethin to contend for in life, but the fact that we didn't get some earlier doesnt mean we aint gonna get it at all.. If ur initial dept's cut off is high and it didn't work out with the COC (which i pray will favour all those anticipating for it on this thread), my dear, you are not cursed.. God just wont give you anything out of his purpose for your life simply bcause your neighbour already Got it. (Sounds like m preaching right? You also know its the plain truth) Fembleez1 didn't give up, and God said YES to his patience, bcause he was gonna make a story of him and also set him as an example for encouragement to those who think he already has forgotten them.. You just are not a failure, you were never born to fail.. There is always sunshine after the storm.. Just get urself brazen up, if u got below the 50 itself, pick the form again and pick that school of ur dream! You cnt just take that crappy discouragement from this just concluded post utme result! I havent met you but i know the world is anticipating your rise, yes, you! So plz, Let's get this dream turn a reality.. Whatever may be, come rain, come shine, even if u are writting the exam again next year, u r not alone, UI nlanders are in it together with u.. Therefore, dearies, lets do this!! I await ur sucess story!!

Now to the main man, Congrats dearie!! U gotta get me a coke that has my name bodly written on it o.. Hehehehe

And to them nlanders that took dia time to inspire him and some other aspirants on the thread, y'all gonna make a better nigeria.. Let's do more of this till massive sucess is bin recorded

#WeAreUites #WeRemainTheFirstAndTheBest #WeDontTrainWeaklings #OurRecordSpeaksStill #OnToTheNextThing #MeritListAlreadyGettinLoadedInTheTruckForDelivery #GodStillAnswersPrayers #GoodEveningMortals!!

Arh, barryquin, mehn - I know if you had decided to journey into last two years' thread, you would have found more. LOL grin

Mine should really be a case study to others, truly. smiley

Thanks much dear. I'm grateful wink

And for the coke; I will buy you the whole factory and name it after you kiss

Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by significance: 9:20pm On Sep 28, 2015
THE TRUTH ABOUT COC JUST GAT BE TOLD ANYWAYS

JAMB. POST-JAMB. Result. Cut off is now out. Merit list is next. Then coc.

At this point many aspirants start making a life long mistake. The painful thing is for many they will never know at what point they left their paths. That is the worst thing about mistakes- not realizing you made a mistake.

First, the coc form is not for everybody. Or I should say shouldn't be for everybody. But the school restricts no one from going for their coc. Why should they? This is one free big world you know.

Who should take the coc form? Who shouldn't? And what conditions should guide a purpose-driven coc choice?

WHO SHOULD TAKE A COC FORM

Go for the coc form if..

* You have actually discovered yourself, your life purpose and the course you put in for in the first place (the one which cutoff you didn't make) was in tune with your life passion.

(It is sad to realize that most young people -black or white- don't know or don't believe that they actually have something in them that seeks expression through their life. A job or career is that avenue you choose to pursue that which you know will give you the opportunity to express that 'song' that is playing in you. The expression of that passion is where your fulfillment lies. And only that! To abandon that and chase after money or any other thing is the beginning of folly. The primary folly.)

If you know your passion then...

* go for the coc if

1. You have a plan of switching over to your most preferred course while in school.
2. You have made up your mind that if you didn't succeed in switching that you are going to withdraw or finish with the course, graduate and come again to seek that course you know that is in tune with your life passion. Why not? Your purpose should be your primary guide.

See, life f**ks almost everybody. The strong and clear headed take it by wisdom.

* go for the coc if you find a shortlisted course that still give you the avenue to express your passion. Let me try to explain that with one, two instances. If you put in originally for medicine, one of the inherent value that must have necessitated this choice will be caring- that drive to see people at their best health-wise and otherwise. There are other courses that can give you same opportunity. Courses like guidance and counseling, psychology, physiology, etc. But it's different strokes for different folks. If you think it's medicine and none else then stick on still to your passion. The issue of jamb combination might limit your choices of courses on the coc list of courses if you choose to follow the idea I just shared above. In auch a case, if you can't find a suitable course then you can follow the ideas shared at asterisk number 2. Or settle for the next Jamb.

WHO SHOULDN't GO FOR COC

Leave the coc if...
* you haven't discovered yourself. Sit back and find your passion.
*you know you won't switch back to your preferred course during or after school.
*you can't find any course in tune with your passion in the coc.

In summary,

* do coc if you find a short listed course in tune with your passion
* do coc into any course, in tune or not in tune with your passion, if you have plans of switching back to your preferred course while in school or after graduating in a case your switching over plans didn't work out.

The other option is to put in for a purpose-driven course in the next jamb.

P.s. I will find the time to put up what sort of mindset you should come up with and stuffs you can do differently or improve on to better position you for a smooth admission ride come the next trial.

#stay calm and pray. Our lives rest in His hands.

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by dannycruz04(m): 11:28pm On Sep 28, 2015
aaamos:
ADD ME TO GROUP 07054908809
Add me to the group Pls... 08168622307
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Layi9: 12:23am On Sep 29, 2015
significance:

At this point many aspirants start making a life long mistake. The painful thing is for many they will never know at what point they left their paths. That is the worst thing about mistakes- not realizing you made a mistake.

First, the coc form is not for everybody. Or I should say shouldn't be for everybody. But the school restricts no one from going for their coc. Why should they? This is one free big world you know.

Who should take the coc form? Who shouldn't? And what conditions should guide a purpose-driven coc choice?

Go for the coc form if..

* You have actually discovered yourself, your life purpose and the course you put in for in the first place (the one which cutoff you didn't make) was in tune with your life passion.

(It is sad to realize that most young people -black or white- don't know or don't believe that they actually have something in them that seeks expression through their life. A job or career is that avenue you choose to pursue that which you know will give you the opportunity to express that 'song' that is playing in you. The expression of that passion is where your fulfillment lies. And only that! To abandon that and chase after money or any other thing is the beginning of folly. The primary folly.)

* go for the coc if

1. You have a plan of switching over to your most preferred course while in school.
2. You have made up your mind that if you didn't succeed in switching that you are going to withdraw or finish with the course, graduate and come again to seek that course you know that is in tune with your life passion. Why not? Your purpose should be your primary guide.

See, life f**ks almost everybody. The strong and clear headed take it by wisdom.

* go for the coc if you find a shortlisted course that still give you the avenue to express your passion. Let me try to explain that with one, two instances. If you put in originally for medicine, one of the inherent value that must have necessitated this choice will be caring- that drive to see people at their best health-wise and otherwise. There are other courses that can give you same opportunity. Courses like guidance and counseling, psychology, physiology, etc. But it's different strokes for different folks. If you think it's medicine and none else then stick on still to your passion. The issue of jamb combination might limit your choices of courses on the coc list of courses if you choose to follow the idea I just shared above. In auch a case, if you can't find a suitable course then you can follow the ideas shared at asterisk number 2. Or settle for the next Jamb.

WHO SHOULDN't GO FOR COC

Leave the coc if...
*you know you won't switch back to your preferred course during or after school.

In summary,

* do coc into any course, in tune or not in tune with your passion, if you have plans of switching back to your preferred course while in school or after graduating in a case your switching over plans didn't work out.

P.s. I will find the time to put up what sort of mindset you should come up with and stuffs you can do differently or improve on to better position you for a smooth admission ride come the next trial.

solonzo...na u b dis?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by significance: 2:42am On Sep 29, 2015
Layi9:
solonzo...na u b dis?
Yes bro. Me no know say you dey here o. I greet you!
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by cassyrooy(m): 7:35am On Sep 29, 2015
significance:

Go for the coc form if..

* go for the coc if

WHO SHOULDN't GO FOR COC

Leave the coc if...

In summary,

Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by kelechiug: 7:40am On Sep 29, 2015
UI UI UI angry angry angry undecided undecided undecided embarassed
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Nobody: 10:12am On Sep 29, 2015
MrsJemiee:
wao! Dats not fair. angry sad undecided
dats not rear.. Almost all institutions in nigeria is like daht.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by dearpiriye: 1:15pm On Sep 29, 2015
For biological children of staff

Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Whaylecs: 1:24pm On Sep 29, 2015
explain better please...for biological students doing change of course or what
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Nobody: 1:35pm On Sep 29, 2015
pls who can list d courses offered by medical students in part one.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by dearpiriye: 1:43pm On Sep 29, 2015
Whaylecs:
explain better please...for biological students doing change of course or what

Med cutoff is 74 for someone applying thru the biological platform cutoff will be from 72.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Whaylecs: 1:51pm On Sep 29, 2015
dearpiriye:

Med cutoff is 74 for someone applying thru the biological platform cutoff will be from 72.
please sorry for my questions..and if I stress you in anyway..explain the whole message in a summary please
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by keVeeeN: 1:53pm On Sep 29, 2015
Whaylecs:
please sorry for my questions..and if I stress you in anyway..explain the whole message in a summary please
it's basically saying if your father/mother is a staff of university of ibadan...cut offs for you will be slightly reduced
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Whaylecs: 2:16pm On Sep 29, 2015
keVeeeN:
it's basically saying if your father/mother is a staff of university of ibadan...cut offs for you will be slightly reduced
okkkkk I don understand..so what of those that surpassed the cut off..dem go komot dia names?at the expense of them
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by kelechiug: 2:45pm On Sep 29, 2015
Whaylecs:
okkkkk I don understand..so what of those that surpassed the cut off..dem go komot dia names?at the expense of them
they would have left space from the beginning.....if you have above the cut-off no one is removing you.....if them no try nonsense
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Whaylecs: 2:50pm On Sep 29, 2015
kelechiug:
they would have left space from the beginning.....if you have above the cut-off no one is removing you.....if them no try nonsense
okay thanks I lot..coz I think out of 150...20 should be for them and 100 for those above the cut off then D E 30
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by MrsJemiee(f): 3:11pm On Sep 29, 2015
bayino:

dats not rear.. Almost all institutions in nigeria is like daht.
na wao
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by significance: 3:25pm On Sep 29, 2015
dearpiriye:
For biological children of staff

If this staff request form was not in use last year, then it is a 'bad belle' for those expecting their names in the supplementary list. This will seem an unpleasant twist of events.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by significance: 3:35pm On Sep 29, 2015
Whaylecs:
okay thanks I lot..coz I think out of 150...20 should be for them and 100 for those above the cut off then D E 30

You can't leave out slots for aspirants with, say, 73% nah. Last year some students with 79% were admitted when the cut off was 80%.

The best thing for those expecting their names in the supplementary lists is to look out for the merit list and count the number of admitted aspirants for medicine. If it is up to 100 and above, then this will not be funny. The next option will be to rely on probability- the probability whether staff kids who put in for mbbs and score 72% will be up to 20 or so. It is one you can't bet on. The percentage certainty will range from 0 - 100%.

Pray and watch!
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by kelechiug: 3:38pm On Sep 29, 2015
Whaylecs:
yeah::::the 20 might also include those with marks very close to cutoff, like one mark to cutoff through ELDS
: significance explained it
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by dearpiriye: 3:40pm On Sep 29, 2015
Whaylecs:
okay thanks I lot..coz I think out of 150...20 should be for them and 100 for those above the cupt off then D E 30

DE for medicine is never up to that. It is abt 10-15 at most. They wont remove anyones name on merit. They just have a higher probability on supplementary and it is only 2 marks below the cutoff.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Whaylecs: 4:12pm On Sep 29, 2015
dearpiriye:

DE for medicine is never up to that. It is abt 10-15 at most. They wont remove anyones name on merit. They just have a higher probability on supplementary and it is only 2 marks below the cutoff.
okk thanks...was Afraid before ni thought they wanna Start playing politics on those who made cut off...so we that made it above the cut-off have no problem right??

(1) (2) (3) ... (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) ... (617) (Reply)

NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE / The medical students and aspirants thread

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110