Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,863 members, 7,821,012 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants - Education (468) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants (1089714 Views)

University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants Call 07037300634 / Federal University Of Petroleum Resources {fupre} 2015/16 Applicants / University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) ... (617) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by thankyouJesus(m): 5:21am On Nov 07, 2015
Read for today.
African dance has transformed over the years with African music. The traditional African dance is gradually making way for more modern dance moves. Dance in
general is the art of expression with coordinated body movement which aim to serve the purpose of communication. In various parts of the globe, such transformation seems to be the order of the
day with some simple and funny dance moves sweeping across the globe like wild- fire as seen in the Gangnam Style dance steps. In Africa, the African dance
transformation seem to be spearheaded by the West African countries.
10. Galala Dance; The Galala dance was highly associated with ghetto to the point that it became the
official dance in every Nigerian ghetto community. This African dance style was highly promoted by prominent Nigerian acts
who happen to be an offspring of the ghetto community. Some of the most popular musicians that are associated with Galala dance include notable acts like Daddy
Showkey, African China and Baba Fryo.
9. Suo Dance; The suo dance was another African dance that made waves across Africa especially the
west. The Suo gradually substituted the makossa dance which paved way for its
entrance into the Nigerian entertainment scenario. The suo dance was largely ignited by African musicians like Danfo Drivers (mad melon and mountain black), Marvelous Benjy among others. The moves involved in a
typical Suo dance involves the lowering of the waist and the pulling and stretching hand movement as may be likened to
someone about to start a generator set.
8. Bobaraba Dance; Bobaraba Dance originated from Ivory Coast.
It is otherwise regarded as “big bottom” dance that was popularized by DJ Mix and DJ
Eloh’s hit song Bobaraba
7. Hlokoloza Dance; Hlokoloza dance originated from South
Africa. Kwaito artist Arthur Mafokate, introduced ‘Hlokoloza’ to Africa and the world. Put in his words, “Hlokoloza is a variation on several township dances put
together with a bit of the ‘Hlokoloza’ swag.”
Hlokoloza in its current form debuted in 2011 but has taken South Africa by storm with its patrons characteristically South
African chant of ‘Ayo-yo!!’.
6. Yahoozee; Yahooze dance moves hit the stage and made its waves however, Yahoozee dance
style had some negative attachments since it was alleged to be a dance style founded by
the yahoo boys (internet scammers and fraudsters). The African dance style was quite popular after the release of the song that introduced it. Nigerian singer, Olu Maintain adopted this dance style as a trade mark for his hit song and re-packaged yahoozee into a brand name. The dance virtually contains a lot of hand movements (pointing up with style) while the feet
remain rather stationary or is just merely tapping on the floor.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by thankyouJesus(m): 5:27am On Nov 07, 2015
5. Mapouka; Mapouka dance originated from Cote d’Ivoire, another French-speaking West
African country. In the late 1990s, a dance called mapouka was banned by governments of several west- African countries for its excessive sexual contents.
4. Alanta; Just about when you think the world is out of dance craze, Atalanta breezed in. Alanta
dance was popular that it managed to find its way into most west African social functions. Churches, amusement spots, work
places, and dance shows were all victims of the Atalanta fever. The hand and leg movements and the grotesque facie produce a crazy spectacle. The Alanta dance
craze was helped popularized by Nigerian musicians like Artquake, Terry G, Timaya, TuFace Idibia.
3. Makossa Dance/Rhumba/ Soukous Dance; African Rumba, more popularly known as
Makossa or Soukous, is another dance that almost literally took over the entire African continent. The makossa dance step conquered virtually every African nation. The dance originated from the French-speaking West African country of Congo, Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania in late 1990s. The
makossa dance became so trendy that it eliminated other trendy African dance steps at that time. Names like Koffi Olomide and
Awilo Longomba are almost synonymous with the dance. Makossa involves a lot of wining and thrusting hip movement.
2. Azonto; Azonto is one of the most recent dance craze that has taken the world by storm since the latter end of 2011. From night
clubs and the streets of Ghana where it originated to churches and schools, the Azonto dance got a strong grip on the average African who loves to dance.
Azonto dance has its origin from some of the less affluent parts of Accra and achieved a global reach. It is an expressive and communicative dance that lets you communicate what you may have in mind while the music is going on. Azonto can be seen in songs like “Kukere” – Iyanya,
“Dance”–R2bees feat. Wizkid; “You Go Kill Me” – Sarkodie feat. E.L. and “Shashe Wowo”– Stay Jay feat.
1. Alingo; The Alingo dance is one of the most recent dance moves in Africa popularized by the twin duo: P- Square in their song titled
“Alingo” it is a bit more fast paced and requires a bit more energy than the Azonto dance. With the way things are going, it won’t be long before we witness another
wave of African dance moves.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Masudoyindamola: 9:11am On Nov 07, 2015
Follow badoorichest of your school on instagram and stand a chance of winning uksize 8 james lebron nike offered by cavings photo inc all you need do is search BADOORICHEST on instagram select your school and follow up then head to your school badoorichest profile there you go....its REAL
Want to feature on our exclusive top ten list whatsapp 08072147243

Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by treasuregr8(f): 9:13am On Nov 07, 2015
THANKUJESUS please drop ur facebook id, we need ur help
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Whaylecs: 11:31am On Nov 07, 2015
chibuezewilliam:
same here bro.....house don tire me sef........hope say u don c d courses wey social science students go do?
yes ooo baba I don see dem
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by horpeyemmi66(m): 2:07pm On Nov 07, 2015
cassyrooy:
Use this link. www.ui.edu.ng/New-Regulations-and-JAMB-Revised-requirement

My first comment to open a new page in a long while but WTF! No medal.

Lemme say this, ThankyouJesus, abeg no post ya long epitaph on this new page, grin biko, your last was too long to scrol over. grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin

Na play o. grin grin grin

Pr0ton whats up?

Horpeyemmi66 na so we go take roll?

Olatunji21, baba wetin dey happen and how preparations dey go nau?

Misspresident whats up love?

Bhuumhite i greet ya. grin grin grin

I'm really bored. Take no offence from all these ^^^. grin
Nah, not really, I've been busy on the contrary...UI palava, why the Schedule of fees never comot?, You suppose get Idea. And how come I saw you on Whatsapp{not necessarily you; it's a lady's pic} and you vanished without a trace, not good.

And did Tunji tell you something, something 'bout having butterflies fluttering in one's belly?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by thankyouJesus(m): 3:56pm On Nov 07, 2015
treasuregr8:
THANKUJESUS please drop ur facebook id, we need ur help
Fayowole David, I hope nothing serious.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by thankyouJesus(m): 6:31am On Nov 08, 2015
Read for today.
What goes through your mind when you hear the word Africa? I’m sure that for most people, including fellow Africans, they think of it as a place where nothing good can come from. Foreigners have often referred
to Africa as a black continent, not because the inhabitants are black but because of the persistent problems emanating from the
continent. However, the problems facing Africa do not arise from nature. The problems are man-made but not by Africans
themselves. Furthermore, the so-called African problems are more of perceptions than the reality on the ground. Until and unless the Africans themselves understand
that their problems are created by those they trust to offer help, not much will change for this great continent. In this article, I’ll be looking at some of these difficult problems facing Africa today.
1. Endless Poverty; It is widely believed that Africa is a poor
continent even by the Africans themselves. If that were true, why then did the colonists come? African countries have some of the
most valuable natural resources that form raw materials for the industries responsible for the growth of the developed world yet the people living in Africa are poor.
Humanitarian organization such as UNICEF, WHO and Doctors without Boarders among others survive on portraying Africa as a dark poor continent to get funding for their quire operations in the continent.
2. Over-dependence on International Aid; It is hard to find an African country that is debt free and the creditors are the so-called
‘Elite Continents’. The introduction of the International Aid was originally welcomed to get Africa on her feet. Soon the lenders
started controlling African leadership through these Aids. The leaders on the other hand relinquish responsibility to their
subjects and country. They peg the running and growth of their states to International Aid instead of ensuring they use the Aid to
spark their own development that would bring about self-sustainability and independence.
3. Lack Of True Leadership; The wisest man ever to walk this earth, King Solomon, said that where knowledge lacks,
people perish. It is obvious that Africans are perishing not for anything but because they
lack knowledge. Africa is unique with unique problems and so the knowledge of the west is incompatible with the needs of
the continent. In as much as Africa has brilliant people, they are unable to identify an indigenous system, coach, educate their
future leaders to offer the leadership that the continent needs for prosperity.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by thankyouJesus(m): 6:35am On Nov 08, 2015
4. The Rich Subaltern Mindset; If you take a good look at the African society, you will realize there are two sets of people: Those known to work their hearts
out and still not make a living and those that do very little or nothing and live lavishly. The
difference between the two is that the former set does not have contact with the elites while the other does. Those in contact
with the elites work either for or with the whites. Their service is to foreign masters through their companies, NGOs or other
organizations. One major problem of Africa is that this latter group is admired by the young Africans growing, making them believe that you have to serve a ‘white man’ to achieve anything meaningful in life.
5. Endless Conflicts; Africa is known to be a place where a
brother kills a brother and a son a father.
You would wonder why people who have lived alongside each other for generations suddenly decide to attack their neighbours.
While the elites tell the world that these conflicts are fueled by ethnic intolerance, they create the ethnic groups themselves.
Look at the unstable African countries where rebels attack the government. Who funds them? Where do they get those sophisticated weapons? Your guess is a good as mine.
6. Ignorance Of The Intellectual Principles; As already been mentioned, lack of knowledge is a recipe for failure and one
of the major problem of Africa . African leaders seem not to understand the principles or rules that govern the destination of a people. The elites have understood these principles namely, the Darwin, Machiavelli and Hegel. These people
understood the mindset of the elites and put it in books for everyone, including African leaders to read, understand and
apply. The elites understood principles and they are applying them to achieve imperialism.
7. Inadequate Science And Engineering Education; When colonialists invaded Africa, they
claimed to bring the good news of
education, religion and trade. Well, they delivered on their promise but not in a manner that could help the indigenous Africans be self-sufficient. Instead of educating the African child on science and technology, they favored literature and
subaltern mindset that would equip graduates with knowledge only good enough to enable them assist these people in running their colonial governments.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by thankyouJesus(m): 6:39am On Nov 08, 2015
8. Poor Understanding Of the World; For Africans to achieve anything meaningful, they need to understand what is going on
elsewhere in the world as these serve to shape their lives. The problem is that most African communities only know too much to enable them live in their immediate environment. This occurs because of lack of an international intelligence network
capable of promoting their understanding of distant lands.
9. The So-Called Crab Mentality; Have you put several live crabs in one bowl?
If so, you know you do not have to worry about one of the crabs getting out because the rest will make sure it does not happen.
Some African leaders have the tendency of leading others into a ditch while they get a reprieve. If Africa has to succeed, she has to
develop the crab mentality ensuring unity of power and purpose.
10. Media Injustice; If you have been watching international
media, you will realise that they can never depict Africa positively. Should an African do a great thing, they may run the story but will
give credit to another “white man” they claim to have made it possible for the African to achieve his goal. The negative portrayal international media gives to Africa
makes the foreigners think of this great continent as the darkest part of the world.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Nobody: 7:39am On Nov 08, 2015
Jossy4luv1:
Let me use this medium to intimate you that University of Ibadan ONLY REQUIRES YOU TO HAVE CREDIT PASSES IN YOUR O'LEVEL AS YOUR JAMB SCORE AND POST UME SCORE WILL DETERNMINE YOUR FATE..You all need to have credits in your o'level but you really need to work hard so as to have a high jamb score..Thanks
what's the chance of someone with 205 in jamb?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by kelechiug: 10:09am On Nov 08, 2015
adebayor1490:
what's the chance of someone with 205 in jamb?
as at this years p-utme, everybody who had above 200 in jamb had equal chance, it was the p-utme that determined once Chance of getting admitted , the cutoff for admission was based solely on the p-utme only...
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Nobody: 12:54pm On Nov 08, 2015
Dullest UI thread ever. grin
2013/2014 thread was the best.
Oneness and fight for FTC. grin cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by thankyouJesus(m): 4:17pm On Nov 08, 2015
FrancisTony:
Dullest UI thread ever. grin
2013/2014 thread was the best.
Oneness and fight for FTC. grin cool
My brotha, na so we see am, na book full head o. People dey wait second list, payment details etc

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Khan1993: 6:18pm On Nov 08, 2015
Nice one THANKYOUJESUS. Am gradually becoming an Aficionado of those updates. Really loved the one about Africans. By the way, the muslims here should signify, i could follow thankyoujesus footstep by preaching.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Nobody: 8:15pm On Nov 08, 2015
rumours has it that a fight broke out yesterday in u.i between zikk, awo and india girls. (i know it's true) rumours also has it that many girls fainted and there were rush to UCH. rumours has it that the guys started the fight.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Damyoung(m): 8:24pm On Nov 08, 2015
misspresident:
rumours has it that a fight broke out yesterday in u.i between zikk, awo and india girls. (i know it's true) rumours also has it that many girls fainted and there were rush to UCH. rumours has it that the guys started the fight.
NA SO I HEAR AM BUT I LEARNT DEY WERE ADMITTED INTO JAJA
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Nobody: 8:27pm On Nov 08, 2015
Damyoung:

NA SO I HEAR AM BUT I LEARNT DEY WERE ADMITTED INTO JAJA

nawaa oh i heard that it was very serious. do you know what actually happened?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Damyoung(m): 8:39pm On Nov 08, 2015
It all started when a certain male hostel (either Indy or Zik ; well to people both halls are ONE) poured water on the females of Idia hall at their rally last week sunday…and so, these girls have been plotting their own revenge. So earlier today, Zik Hall boys (Nnamdi Azikwe Hall) had their rally to kick-start their hall week which prompted the Idia Hall girls to serve them their revenge which they say is best served COLD. HOW DID THEY DO THIS? The girls poured Urine on the Zik Boys to make them suffer, well,…..the Zikites simply finished their rally at AWO HALL..then went back to re-strategize. HOW DID THE GUYS RESPOND? Then the guys fetched soak away water or lets say Sewage water and embarked on a journey to the Great Queen Idia Hall. WELL, Idia Hall Girls were caught unawares while having their dinner. The UNGENTLE men poured the sewage water in their food, vandalized a few stuffs and broke bottles of drinks. In fact, the babes were injured, some even slumped and the decos at the hall were also destroyed. AFTERMATH The battle went on for a while, the babes were left unprotected. when I got there sha, I met the student Union people and the abefele (security personnels) trying to calm the people down. the fainted girl or girls were rushed to JAJA Clinic on campus..

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Damyoung(m): 8:40pm On Nov 08, 2015
sm1 sent dat to me
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Nobody: 8:51pm On Nov 08, 2015
Damyoung:
It all started when a certain male hostel (either Indy
or Zik ; well to people both halls are ONE) poured
water on the females of Idia hall at their rally last
week sunday…and so, these girls have been plotting
their own revenge. So earlier today, Zik Hall boys
(Nnamdi Azikwe Hall) had their rally to kick-start their
hall week which prompted the Idia Hall girls to serve
them their revenge which they say is best served
COLD.
HOW DID THEY DO THIS?
The girls poured Urine on the Zik Boys to make them
suffer, well,…..the Zikites simply finished their rally at
AWO HALL..then went back to re-strategize.
HOW DID THE GUYS RESPOND?
Then the guys fetched soak away water or lets say
Sewage water and embarked on a journey to the Great
Queen Idia Hall.
WELL, Idia Hall Girls were caught unawares while
having their dinner. The UNGENTLE men poured the
sewage water in their food, vandalized a few stuffs
and broke bottles of drinks.
In fact, the babes were injured, some even slumped
and the decos at the hall were also destroyed.
AFTERMATH
The battle went on for a while, the babes were left
unprotected.
when I got there sha, I met the student Union people
and the abefele (security personnels) trying to calm
the people down.
the fainted girl or girls were rushed to JAJA Clinic on
campus..

this is really bad. this is a case of do me i do you, which i don't find funny.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Damyoung(m): 9:02pm On Nov 08, 2015
D CASE IS BAD.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by nessie17(f): 10:40pm On Nov 08, 2015
Hmm,serious matter,y do they want to dent the name of d skul instead of bringing glory
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by LamiHandsome(m): 7:46am On Nov 09, 2015
Outside here I got a whatsapp group; where Concord related issues are being broken down like pea nuts. The group's title is "Let's Discuss Concord"
However, the group is created by me, might be hilarious but I bet I'm one serious head in English. Simply put, I'm a huge fan of English.
The group was created by me in affiliation with "A great professor" in English. He would be available to answer questions too with me; it's actually a tender group though. Everybody has the sole right to share thoughts, ideas or believes. You know it's always awesome when scholars debate

I actually created the group to help with confusing matters in English; you know, we tend to make even hilarious mistakes in our day to day conversations. I tell you, if you join this group, cases of balder dash lines in our grammar would definitely be reduced to a minimal level.
The Fun part:
There's random lavish give away of freebies of airtime all over the week; 3 rounds everyday (all networks). Jokes too when the need arises.

Whatsapp no: 08101034997. You definitely cannot afford to miss out!
Show some interest.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Nobody: 7:54am On Nov 09, 2015
nessie17:
Hmm,serious matter,y do they want to dent the name of d skul instead of bringing glory

abi oh, i tire for dem.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Nobody: 7:58am On Nov 09, 2015
LamiHandsome:
Outside here I got a whatsapp group; where Concord related issues are being broken down like pea nuts. The group's title is "Let's Discuss Concord"
However, the group is created by me, might be hilarious but I bet I'm one serious head in English. Simply put, I'm a huge fan of English.
The group was created by me in affiliation with "A great professor" in English. He would be available to answer questions too with me; it's actually a tender group though. Everybody has the sole right to share thoughts, ideas or believes. You know it's always awesome when scholars debate
Serious head in English, indeed.
Nevertheless, it's beliefs.

I actually created the group to help with confusing matters in English; you know, we tend to make even hilarious mistakes in our day to day conversations. I tell you, if you join this group, cases of balder dash lines in our grammar would definitely be reduced to a minimal level.
The Fun part:
There's random lavish give away of freebies of airtime all over the week; 3 rounds everyday (all networks). Jokes too when the need arises.

Whatsapp no: 08101034997. You definitely cannot afford to miss out!
Show some interest.
Balderdash is a word not two words.
Goodluck in your search.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Nobody: 8:00am On Nov 09, 2015
FUN FACTS.

1.babies eyes do not produce tears until the baby is approximately six to eight week old.

2.you can't kill yourself by holding your breath.

3.the elephant is the only mammals that can't jump.

4.butterflies taste with their feet.

5.it is impossible to sneeze with your eyes open.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by LamiHandsome(m): 8:10am On Nov 09, 2015
FrancisTony:

Serious head in English, indeed.
Nevertheless, it's beliefs.

Balderdash is a word not two words.
Goodluck in your search.

Thanks so much bro, I appreciate. I'm a learner bro, and I believe we are all learners. There are only pompous learners!

I created the group for discussions and corrections too, not for the sake of arrogant teachers.

5 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Nobody: 9:05am On Nov 09, 2015
LamiHandsome:

Thanks so much bro, I appreciate. I'm a learner bro, and I believe we are all learners. There are only pompous learners!

I created the group for discussions and corrections too, not for the sake of arrogant teachers.
Okay, Sir. wink
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Nobody: 9:10am On Nov 09, 2015
kelechiug:
as at this years p-utme, everybody who had above 200 in jamb had equal chance, it was the p-utme that determined once Chance of getting admitted , the cutoff for admission was based solely on the p-utme only...
Hmm... sounds cool. Thanks. Bros, abeg how many marks per question, and how many questions all together
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Nobody: 9:14am On Nov 09, 2015
Man, I'm in 08136897378
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by kelechiug: 9:31am On Nov 09, 2015
adebayor1490:
Hmm... sounds cool. Thanks. Bros, abeg how many marks per question, and how many questions all together
100 questions for 90 minutes, each question carries one mark only

(1) (2) (3) ... (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) ... (617) (Reply)

NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE / The medical students and aspirants thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.