Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,153 members, 7,815,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants - Education (595) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants (1087740 Views)

University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants Call 07037300634 / Federal University Of Petroleum Resources {fupre} 2015/16 Applicants / University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (592) (593) (594) (595) (596) (597) (598) ... (617) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by thasquirrie(m): 7:01pm On Feb 12, 2016
Have not been able to login to any thing since morning.portal and the rest anyone here having the same issue?
New page wink
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by gaylussac: 7:04pm On Feb 12, 2016
Someone should pls help oo....I paid for hall accommodation and i received a mail I.e the receipt bt tiz showing ui undergraduate school fees....and av already paid the school fees....pls who has received his/her mail confirming the payment of accommodation
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Nobody: 7:10pm On Feb 12, 2016
Praissey:
Hall dues? How much?

Budget nothing less than 5k
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Nobody: 7:16pm On Feb 12, 2016
Hostel due, faculty due, departmental due and Ges textbooks.......you guys should budget like 18-20k for this.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by PrinceCEE(m): 7:27pm On Feb 12, 2016
UI's site is crashed!

Couldn't log in
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by ikebengho(m): 7:56pm On Feb 12, 2016
gaylussac:
Someone should pls help oo....I paid for hall accommodation and i received a mail I.e the receipt bt tiz showing ui undergraduate school fees....and av already paid the school fees....pls who has received his/her mail confirming the payment of accommodation

I got the same thing. I think it is their error and they will fix it.
Block C Room 32 Kuti what is your hostel and room?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Pemale(m): 8:30pm On Feb 12, 2016
College is one of the most exciting and memorable place with activities in a person’s life. There are lots of reasons to attend college, which are
*. it allows one to acquire an education, discover new interest/passions, and meet friends for life.
*.College also heavily help your financial future, as acquiring a degree help's open doors for you to follow the career of your choice and dreams and make a rewarding salary.
There are many mistakes people frequently make in colleges http://www.tellcollege.com/2016/02/top-3-money-mistakes-you-should-avoid.html
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by gaylussac: 8:41pm On Feb 12, 2016
ikebengho:

bro we be like north nd south oo....zik blockC room 19
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by nessie17(f): 8:59pm On Feb 12, 2016
Any queen elizabeth fresher here
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by mathefaro(m): 9:18pm On Feb 12, 2016
This is getting really frustrating..
Why did the management decide to put bank payments as one of the payment methods when they know they can't manage it efficiently like paying through internet banking (atm)?
For how long are we going to wait for our portals to be updated?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Whaylecs: 9:33pm On Feb 12, 2016
mathefaro:
This is getting really frustrating..
Why did the management decide to put bank payments as one of the payment methods when they know they can't manage it efficiently like paying through internet banking (atm)?
For how long are we going to wait for our portals to be updated?
we no get choice than to chilax
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Abatemtem(m): 9:34pm On Feb 12, 2016
Any nursing student here should contact me. Need clarifications on course reg and dues to be paid.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by mathefaro(m): 9:39pm On Feb 12, 2016
Whaylecs:
we no get choice than to chilax
Issokay
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by kemmdy: 10:44pm On Feb 12, 2016
nessie17:
Any queen elizabeth fresher here
one here
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Nobody: 10:52pm On Feb 12, 2016
IDIA HALL DUE

Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by sundyhlo: 11:02pm On Feb 12, 2016
Pls o, any body dat paid for akomodatn true webpay and was sent a payment receipt tru z or ar mail shud signify o.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by shakara121(f): 11:34pm On Feb 12, 2016
Dey av approved my hall but d letter is nt my name on it and nt my hall
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Nobody: 11:46pm On Feb 12, 2016
vytorrea:
but resumption starts 2maow ryt?
yes
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by sundyhlo: 12:27am On Feb 13, 2016
happy resumption to u all in jesus name!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oya packing tinz na hin sure pass o
#teamresumption.........

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by zezeny: 1:44am On Feb 13, 2016
#‎SayKcent‬ #‎SayKorrect‬

THINGS TO BRING ALONG FOR HALL CLEARANCE

Like I posted earlier, the issue has been resolved and the strike has been called off. All registration processes begin immediately. Below are the things you will need for your hall clearance:

REQUIREMENTS FOR HALL REGISTRATION.
Hall Application form
Authority to pay
Accommodation & School fees receipt
Admission letter
Hall dues receipt
3 reference letters
passports photograph (5-above)
Hall file.

KORRECT TEAM
K.CENT KARES

Wooooos!Wooooos! K.CENT

Signed:
K.CENT
BB Pin: 2944604E
Twitter: @UI_Gossipz

Pls re-broadcast to every group you belong

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by chibuezewilliam: 1:46am On Feb 13, 2016
sundyhlo:
Pls o, any body dat paid for akomodatn true webpay and was sent a payment receipt tru z or ar mail shud signify o.
me
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by cassyrooy(m): 7:08am On Feb 13, 2016
mhizfranca:
bros my email is inacessible,pls wat can i do?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Abatemtem(m): 7:18am On Feb 13, 2016
zezeny:
#‎SayKcent‬ #‎SayKorrect‬

THINGS TO BRING ALONG FOR HALL CLEARANCE

Like I posted earlier, the issue has been resolved and the strike has been called off. All registration processes begin immediately. Below are the things you will need for your hall clearance:

REQUIREMENTS FOR HALL REGISTRATION.
Hall Application form
Authority to pay
Accommodation & School fees receipt
Admission letter
Hall dues receipt
3 reference letters
passports photograph (5-above)
Hall file.

KORRECT TEAM
K.CENT KARES

Wooooos!Wooooos! K.CENT

Signed:
K.CENT
BB Pin: 2944604E
Twitter: @UI_Gossipz

Pls re-broadcast to every group you belong
3 reference letters ke? I no sabi where I go see the 3rd one o nd na my parent I use for the third referee
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by ogunsinamayowa(m): 7:19am On Feb 13, 2016
ikebengho:

my roommate! grin
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Whuraola(f): 7:41am On Feb 13, 2016
pls I've not gotten anything from Idia hall yet n applied since Monday what can I do?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by IamLucy(f): 8:43am On Feb 13, 2016
Whuraola:
pls I've not gotten anything from Idia hall yet n applied since Monday
what can I do?
same here oh
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by horlanchilae(m): 9:18am On Feb 13, 2016
Each Hall of Residence With Its Peculiarities.
By Ojo Aderemi.
In no particular order, let's examine each of them.

1) Kenneth Mellanby Hall... (Est. 1952) Mellanby hall is a hall that is neither black nor white. You probably have heard of that saying that an average Mellanbite is a journalist. Lol. That hall has dominated the journalistic scene of UI in recent years producing the presidents of the Union of Campus Journalists 4 times in 5 years. (we'll come back to that). Mellanby Hall was the home of Nigeria's First Student Martyr -'Kunle Adepeju.

2) Lord Tedder Hall:- (Est. 1952) If you are a fresh student and your hall is Tedder you will be fine. Tedder has produced more intellectuals with global recognition than any other Hall of Residence in Unibadan. Tedder also has a history of radical students unionism. In 1952 Tedderites pulled down the wire fence that had been built around the hall. They claimed they can't live like "Zooites" and that the fence was an infringement on their freedom. As a result all Tedderites were EXPELLED from Unibadan. The "revolution" spread to other halls of residence. Funny all students were expelled. Those who wanted to come back the following session had to reapply. The ring leaders were expelled. Some later attended the University of London but still claim Lord Tedder Hall. It was the headquarters of students unionism for many years. The Hall is famous for public speaking and has, hitherto, vowed to debate Harvard University in the coming period. The tradition of radicalism in Tedder Hall will always be there. Some have posited that the hall was built on revolt. Periodic revolt against "oppression" still happens in the hall.

3) Reverend Kuti Hall:- (Est. 1954) If you have been allocated Kuti, it is either you know somebody somewhere or you know somebody that knows somebody somewhere. Or rather you are one of the luckiest freshmen. Kuti is the Hall of butter boys (based on speculation). It looks like a hotel and had been regarded the neatest Hall in previous times. Despite the dyspeptic character of the hall, it has produced more Students Union presidents than any other Hall since 1999. That is mystery.

4) Sultan Bello Hall. (Est. 1962) Sultan Bello Hall could be the most beautiful hall in Unibadan as regards its architectural design. The architect who designed the hall must have been a genius. Bello Hall is also known for public speaking and British Style of politics..

5) Queen Elizabeth II Hall. (Est. 1956) Queens Hall is a hall I don't understand. The uniqueness never dies but sometimes enters 15% or "battery low". Once in a while queens spark at you when you cross the red line. The thing I do not understand is that queens don't warn you about the Red Line. If you talk to them harshly they will reply you with equal measures. More female fresh student wants Queens Hall.

6) Great Independence Hall:- (Est. 1961) Katanga Republic is, to tell the truth, a hall of stubborn boys. The hall was built on revolt as well. Funny Katangites protested days into the commissioning of the hall. The stubbornness has continued till this day. It used to have the capacity to mobilize quickly. However, there was a period when the hall housed several extraordinary students who could engage professors in arguments (with references to adequate sources of information and facts). Those were the glory days of Great Independence Hall. When you know too much, you become too stubborn.

7) Queen Idia Hall:- (Est. 1975). If you are not an Idite, please cry. The most unique female hall of residence on the entire continent is Idia Hall. Let me tell a brief story to back my assertion. Queen Idia was mother of Oba Esigie of Benin Empire (in the 1400s). Way before the advent of Oyinbo people, Queen Idia had been advancing her feminist ideas. She was a soldier who lead field operations. She lead the Benin Empire to victory in the battle of Idah. Google search Idia or consult the Student Information Handbook (page 67-68). So you know what the character of the inhabitants of the hall will be like. A hall of lovable but stern girls -since the beginning. The hall has been involved in student struggles at every stage of it. FACT!!! Idia Hall has stampeded male halls more than 10 times in 10 years. Please don't name your kids after tough people -Idia as a case study.

cool Obafemi Awolowo Hall:- (Est. 1986) Awo hall is the largest hall of residence in West Africa. It was housed male, female and post graduate students.

9) Nnamdi Azikiwe Hall, University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria:- (Est. 1962). FACT! Nnamdi Azikiwe Hall had the highest number of First Class students during the 2012/13 session with over Seventy-One Zikites on First Class. Nnamdi Azikiwe Hall is the most radical hall of residence in Nigeria. "Zik Hall" as it is famously called has a famous saying that "we will not and by shall not tolerate anything that comes in form of oppression". Zik Hall has maintained a tradition of discipline right from the beginning. Human Rights Activism and social democracy has been a long time culture of all Zikite since the beginning. They (Zikites) regard themselves as intellectual and active defenders of Human Rights. In 1971/72 sessions Zikites went on hunger strike to protest against the corruption of the hall management and the inattentiveness of the University management. The hunger strike lasted for 48 hours. Eventually a protest broke out and several students were shot. Kunle Adepeju was killed during the protest. Zikites never vandalize properties during riots. They take it as "unnecessary". Zik Hall only allows members of the hall to contest in the Students' Union elections periodically. So the hall has not produced too many presidents of the Students' Union yet is the capital of students unionism in the University of Ibadan. Zik Hall has a tradition of ejecting student leaders who "under-perform" from the hall. When Zik Hall sneezes, it is said that the entire University of Ibadan community catches cold. Zikites, although intellectuals, are not to be insulted. A Vice Chancellor of the University once committed a blunder he wished he never did. He said Zikites are ungrateful for the kind of "toilets and bathrooms" they have... It took a plethora of pleas from the entire University community before Zikites released him from the toilet in which he was locked. The Hall Chairman was asked to face the SDC alongside other "rascals" (who are now successful people). The entire Hall went to attend the SDC sitting to solidarise with the Hall Chairman... The Zik Hall story goes on and on. If you are a Zikite please go get and read the 200 page book "Scoro 108" written by a Zikite. Zikites go any length to protect their dignity.

IN CONCLUSION, every Hall of Residence is great but some Halls of Residence are in their golden age.
NB. In the University of Ibadan there is no such thing as past glory, glory lasts forever.

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Whuraola(f): 9:19am On Feb 13, 2016
IamLucy:
same here oh
It's tall for this hall warden oh
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by sundyhlo: 9:21am On Feb 13, 2016
chibuezewilliam:
me
pls, Can U Describe D Receipt For. Cos, Am Doubting Me Aving A Receipt On Ma Mail
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by IamLucy(f): 9:35am On Feb 13, 2016
Whuraola:

It's tall for this hall warden oh
baffles me too
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by sundyhlo: 9:35am On Feb 13, 2016
Pls, Av Paid For Both School And Accommodation Fees. I Only Saw School Fee Receipt, Bt Didnt See Dat Of Accommodation On Ma Mai. Again, Accommodation Fee Payment Av Been Effected On Ma Portal, Bt Dat Of School Fee Has Not. Pls, Help. Tell Me What To Do. Or , What Happened?l
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Nobody: 9:38am On Feb 13, 2016
Guys I'm on my way to school...

Cassyrooy safe journey bruh

Safe journey to everyone traveling today too

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (592) (593) (594) (595) (596) (597) (598) ... (617) (Reply)

NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE / The medical students and aspirants thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.