Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

Presidency Insists Tambuwal Should Be Removed - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Insists Tambuwal Should Be Removed (4165 Views)

IG Of Police Says ‘thugs’ Tried To Enter NASS, Insists Tambuwal Is Not Speaker / For Peace To Reign In NASS, Tambuwal Should Resign - SAN / Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidency Insists Tambuwal Should Be Removed by orimsamsam(m): 8:19pm On Nov 03, 2014
Our president has gone mad again
Re: Presidency Insists Tambuwal Should Be Removed by size38: 8:21pm On Nov 03, 2014
The PDP should use their remaining time in power to steal all they can as usual. because may 29 2015 will be their end in power. Both GEJ, the PDP will end up crying more because they cannot remove Tambuwal. Where will the PDP get 240 members to impeach Tambuwal? Tambuwal must have calculated all these things and equally looked at what the constitution says b4 his defection to APC. So PDP will end up not achieving anything in this matter.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Insists Tambuwal Should Be Removed by fyneguy: 8:23pm On Nov 03, 2014
mikeansy:
I really do not think there is any cause for alarm

I expected Tambuwal to have his police re-instated today as the courts will naturally ask everyone to stay action.

But Presidency should now do their home work against the Friday hearing and ensure all loose ends are tied up.

there can only be one interpretation to section 68 (1)g

How should Presidency tidy up loose ends? - by compromising the Judge?
Re: Presidency Insists Tambuwal Should Be Removed by brainpower(m): 8:56pm On Nov 03, 2014
I doubt if this Boko haram campaign strategy is still potent now for APC. Though its a very good campaign point but people are beginning to ask the right questions. I really pity the dead and most especially the displaced indegenes of these states but these boko haram men are human beings like us and someone somewhere is sponsoring them and except we start asking the right questions they will continue killing.I don't see how this will greatly affect GEJ negatively during the election rather he will bring in self pity and sweep votes. We should be wise and stop these childish insults here.
Re: Presidency Insists Tambuwal Should Be Removed by drnoel: 9:53pm On Nov 03, 2014
philips70:

Out of where? Are you sure you are in this country at all? Thank God we still have some God fearing members of the bench who still believe stealing and collection of bribes are corruption and will not collect money to subvert the law. In any case find time to be watching your TV where you can get reliable information and not rely only on Nairaland which is filled with liars and political conmen.

I may not be in that country but that doesn't mean I am not aware. Be adviced, efforts have been placed in motion and it's only a matter of time b4 the shit hits the roof. But mark my word, Tumbuwal is a goner. U can say u heard it first on NL.
Re: Presidency Insists Tambuwal Should Be Removed by Eziachi: 10:13pm On Nov 03, 2014
lekkie073:
potikum, kogi gombe, mubi..... someone promised to make the country ungovernable for Jonathan.....Jonathan should go get him....
If that was the case, the so called someone deserved to be the president instead of Jonathan. Because if he/she can make the land ungovernable for the person that command all the armed forces, spend billions annually for defense with ragtags in the bush, then that someone must be really powerful to be called a leader.
Every time most of you used the spent excuse of ungovernable to defend Jonathan's ineptness on security, you people has no idea how weaskiling it makes him look before the world.

3 Likes

Re: Presidency Insists Tambuwal Should Be Removed by Eziachi: 10:25pm On Nov 03, 2014
atlwireles:

So the country being at war is Jonathan's only problem. Some people can chew gum and walk at the same time. There are pirates in the Nigerdelta, robberies somewhere in the west today, car theft/accidents in east, you name it, its happening somewhere in Nigeria as we speak.. Yet, your APC has decided to make Nigeria's politics a hell hole. Actions and reactions are equal and opposite. Tambawal fired the first shot, he forgot Nigeria was at war with boko haram in the Northeast undecided, abi you want one side to sit and allow a bunch of political bastarddds calling themselves APC run this country into the bush? No, let's set this place on fire, is that not what you people want. Thereafter, the losers will count their losses.
First shot at who? When did changing ones political associates becomes firing a shot? Some of you who thinks that they are practicing democracy but still thinks like Mobutu when it comes to opposition needs a total rethink. Its not meant to be a war but fight of ideas

3 Likes

Re: Presidency Insists Tambuwal Should Be Removed by Desola(f): 10:26pm On Nov 03, 2014
Eziachi:

First shot at who? When did changing ones political associated becomes firing a shot? Some of you who thinks that they are practicing democracy but still thinks like Mobutu when it comes to opposition needs a total rethink. Its not meant to be a war but fight of ideas

OLD soldier you never die?
Re: Presidency Insists Tambuwal Should Be Removed by Desola(f): 10:28pm On Nov 03, 2014
Eziachi:

If that was the case, the so called someone deserved to be the president instead of Jonathan. Because if he/she can make the land ungovernable for the person that command all the armed forces, spend billions annually for defense with ragtags in the bush, then that someone must be really powerful to be called a leader.
Every time most of you used the spent excuse of ungovernable to defend Jonathan's ineptness on security, you people has no idea how weaskiling it makes look.

Old soldier na you dey tok like this so? You don get life transplant abi wetin? You don forget say Jonathan na Biafran him be?
Re: Presidency Insists Tambuwal Should Be Removed by atlwireles: 10:37pm On Nov 03, 2014
Eziachi:

First shot at who? When did changing ones political associated becomes firing a shot? Some of you who thinks that they are practicing democracy but still thinks like Mobutu when it comes to opposition needs a total rethink. Its not meant to be a war but fight of ideas

Please i never inferred a war. I meant a the political shot. Also, I was replying a commentator, asking, if the president knew the country was at war.
Re: Presidency Insists Tambuwal Should Be Removed by Lordlexyy: 11:16pm On Nov 03, 2014
Ngwakwe:

The Country has a professional military whose expertise GEJ depends on, having not come from a military background.

Stop blaming GEJ for the deficiencies of a disarmed Military that is now being resuscitated by the present administration.

From every indication, it seems the opposition loves the present security challenges and intends to profit from it.

So sad if the campaign against GEJ is centred on the present insecurity in the North East.
Listen to yourself making excuses as if that is all the defence you can muster. So we should all wail and surrender to hopelessness because the C in C inherited a 'malfunctional' military. Complains like this are the reasons people like you are termed clueless. Try and make this baseless statement where sane people are, and i can assure you, you will be greeted with resounding slaps to revive you from your mental statues. Whose job is it to motivate, monitor, equip the military? What notable changes has the gov't added to the 'decayed' military force it inherited? What roles are heads of states expected to play regarding its armed forces? You made it sound like the president had no job to do with the military other than taken reports from them and he is not expected to make contributions. If Obama assume state docility concerning his military as you suggest, it is only a matter time b4 terrorist claim parts of United State.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Insists Tambuwal Should Be Removed by Eziachi: 11:20pm On Nov 03, 2014
atlwireles:

Please i never inferred a war. I meant a the political shot. Also, I was replying a commentator, asking, if the president knew the country was at war.
My apologies, if I misunderstood you.
Re: Presidency Insists Tambuwal Should Be Removed by Nobody: 11:23pm On Nov 03, 2014
“He became speaker because we believed in him and he rode on our back to achieve his dreams”.
BIG LIE!! The defunct ACN and CPC Caucus together with then Progressives in PDP made Tambawal Speaker. PDP wanted Mukinat whatever.

The Record Is There For All

1 Like

Re: Presidency Insists Tambuwal Should Be Removed by Nobody: 11:26pm On Nov 03, 2014
size38:
The PDP should use their remaining time in power to steal all they can as usual. because may 29 2015 will be their end in power. Both GEJ, the PDP will end up crying more because they cannot remove Tambuwal. Where will the PDP get 240 members to impeach Tambuwal? Tambuwal must have calculated all these things and equally looked at what the constitution says b4 his defection to APC. So PDP will end up not achieving anything in this matter.
They should also start applying for Visas abroad and dusting their other Passports that they earned as citizens of other countries, because this country called NIGERIA will be too hot for them under the Government of General Muhammadu Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Insists Tambuwal Should Be Removed by Nobody: 11:43pm On Nov 03, 2014
GEJ is drowning with no help in sight.
Re: Presidency Insists Tambuwal Should Be Removed by LordMecuzy(m): 11:52pm On Nov 03, 2014
Ngwakwe:

I am not in support of Mr President's decision (if by commission he said so) as it relates to the subject being discussed.

However, I am equally against Democratic coup in the lower chamber being speheaded by the speaker, Hon. Aminu Tambuwal.

I am of the opinion that Hon Tambuwal should do the honourable thing by resigning from his position as the Speaker knowing fully well that it's undemocratic to lead legislative chamber from the minority party as we await court's pronouncement on the legality of his defection.

Lead from Minority? yeaaaa bro read our History

An Ibo Man did dat
Re: Presidency Insists Tambuwal Should Be Removed by Yeske2(m): 3:43am On Nov 04, 2014
Ngwakwe:

The Country has a professional military whose expertise GEJ depends on, having not come from a military background.

Stop blaming GEJ for the deficiencies of a disarmed Military that is now being resuscitated by the present administration.

From every indication, it seems the opposition loves the present security challenges and intends to profit from it.

So sad if the campaign against GEJ is centred on the present insecurity in the North East.
Let him continue fighting Tambuwal till (God forbid) Boko Haram's flag is hoisted above Aso Rock.
Re: Presidency Insists Tambuwal Should Be Removed by ALTRUTH(m): 5:29pm On Nov 04, 2014
Desola:

OLD soldier you never die?

Hello dear, it's been a long time. How are you? Do you wish for him to die? It is not good to wish death for your fellow human. Take care.
Re: Presidency Insists Tambuwal Should Be Removed by Desola(f): 6:22pm On Nov 04, 2014
ALTRUTH:

Hello dear, it's been a long time. How are you? Do you wish for him to die? It is not good to wish death for your fellow human. Take care.

I don't wish him death o. I wish him long life and continued blessings but as he be old soldier na im make me wonder.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Insists Tambuwal Should Be Removed by ALTRUTH(m): 10:31am On Nov 05, 2014
Desola:

I don't wish him death o. I wish him long life and continued blessings but as he be old soldier na im make me wonder.

Nice to hear that. The craziness on the political section is driving me away from Nairaland. Please can you "follow" me back?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Former Lagos Governor Tinubu Involved In Drug Peddling Case In United States / Full Text Of Okonjo Iweala’s Letter Approving Sharing Of Abacha Loot By Dasuki / Restructuring: Old Midwest Professionals To Meet On Wednesday - August 9 2017.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.