Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,324 members, 7,819,107 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba (31151 Views)

UPDATE: Tambuwal Should Apply For Protection–police / For Peace To Reign In NASS, Tambuwal Should Resign - SAN / Tambuwal Should Apologise For Visiting Aregbesola - Osun PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by Goddex: 12:45am On Nov 10, 2014
A former President of the Nigerian Bar Association, Mr. Olisa Agbakoba, in this interview with Success Nwogu insists the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Aminu Tambuwal, must vacate his seat, having defected from the Peoples Democratic Party to the All Progressives Congress

You were recently quoted as saying that the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Aminu Tambuwal, should quit the House. Why did you say so?

I said so because he has switched party. I am not talking about law. I am not interested in law. Sometimes we push the law too far and that is why this country is not growing. The simple fact is that the man has left the PDP. He said it, I did not say it. He said, ‘I am leaving PDP to APC,’ so I would expect that since he has left PDP for APC he should resign his seat which he got from the PDP.

Resign as the speaker?

He should resign as a member of the House of Representatives. That is the effect of crossing parties. If he resigns as a member of the House of Representatives, certainly he is no longer the Speaker. This is simple. That is why we are not moving forward in Nigeria. We tell lies to ourselves. Truth is overturned and I cannot stand it.

Another issue is if he does not go, how is he to be removed? If he does not go and he can show that he left the PDP because there is a division, then he is entitled to remain. But when he made that announcement on his Speaker’s throne, he only referred to the development in his state. He said, ‘Due to the development in my state.’ The constitution only allows division within a party. It is for Tambuwal to show that he is remaining in office as the Speaker because there is a division in PDP. He never showed it. As far as I am concerned, it is history; he should leave office. We are making a mountain out of a mole hill.

But he has been stripped of his security details…

I do not know how the Inspector-General of Police came into all this. I do not understand. As he has now gone to court, everybody has to wait for the court to determine whether his changing party deprives him of his privileges or not. It is not only Tambuwal, others have been jumping from one party to the other. There are many people sitting in the National Assembly and many governors who have defected. When Olusegun Mimiko, the Governor of Ondo State left the Labour Party for the PDP, heavens did not fall.

That is absolute double standard. There is no question about that. But that does not also mean that the speaker has not done the wrong thing. The Constitution is above everybody. The fact that the speaker has done something wrong does not mean that the IGP should also commit a wrong. He should follow the constitution and we would not have any problem.

The constitution says clearly that if you leave your party, you resign. Has he resigned? Has he said he is not resigning because there is a division in PDP? Let Tambuwal tell us that he resigned because there is a division. If he had said, ‘I leave PDP because there is a division,’ that is a different thing. He did not say so. He used the word, ‘development.’ I watched it very carefully. It is for him to prove that he left the PDP because of division. It is not too late. He can say, ‘Sorry, I can see that my statement was not fully clarified. I now clarify that I have left the PDP as a result of a division,’ and we can say, ‘Oh maybe that is true after all.’ But he has not said so. If the truth is that there is a division, then let him say so.

But if he does not resign what should be the next step?

There is a case in court. The court should determine the constitutionality of his action. The key questions the court should determine should be whether his resignation is as a result of a division.

The points are first, we should all obey the constitution. That is the only way Nigeria will grow. Second, I am very happy that Tambuwal defected because we need two strong political parties. Personally, I will encourage further defections because the PDP in current form, if there is an election, will win. But do not think that our politicians in all the parties in Nigeria have given Nigerians a fair deal. The only way we can get a fair deal is for the politicians to realise that they can be booted out if they do not work for Nigerians.

http://www.punchng.com/politics/crossfire/tambuwal-should-quit-the-house-agbakoba/

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by gregg2: 10:48am On Nov 10, 2014
"The simple fact is that the man has left the PDP. He said it, I did not say it. He said, ‘I am leaving PDP to APC,’ so I would expect that since he has left PDP for APC he should resign his seat which he got from the PDP"

So on point . . .

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by Trut(m): 10:52am On Nov 10, 2014
Seconded and sealed.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by donpope1(m): 11:17am On Nov 10, 2014
You know words of wisdoms when you hear 'em...

The wise has spoken.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by Splashme: 11:21am On Nov 10, 2014
Tambuwal is a disgrace to Nigeria's democracy.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by QMark: 4:09pm On Nov 11, 2014
I need to be educated. Is the position of Speaker of the House of Representatives supposed to be a PDP position?

82 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by eleko1: 4:10pm On Nov 11, 2014

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by satowind(m): 4:11pm On Nov 11, 2014
If he should go he will take so many people wit him including governors.

17 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by omanifrank(m): 4:11pm On Nov 11, 2014
y
Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by omanifrank(m): 4:11pm On Nov 11, 2014
satowind:
If he should go he will take so many people wit him including governors.
abi

6 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by Nobody: 4:11pm On Nov 11, 2014
Ride on Tambuwal... That seat is yours, defect or no defect grin grin grin

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by ginajet(f): 4:11pm On Nov 11, 2014
its okay
Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by bigass(f): 4:11pm On Nov 11, 2014
This man has disappointed me. So what about all others who decamped before now? did they resign? Jonathan has bribed your brain Mr AgbaOle

71 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by eleko1: 4:12pm On Nov 11, 2014
undecidedHE Nor go beta for dis lawyer ooooo

12 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by lilprinze: 4:12pm On Nov 11, 2014
"That is why we are not moving forward in
Nigeria. We tell lies to ourselves"

12 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by GentleMimi: 4:13pm On Nov 11, 2014
Lol. Only in Naija would a former president of the Bar Association, state boldly that he is not interested in the law. Wtf. So what shld he be interested in? My cute azz?
I said so because he has switched party. I am not
talking about law. I am not interested in law.

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by Nobody: 4:13pm On Nov 11, 2014
I said so because he has switched party. I am not talking about law. I am not interested in law. Sometimes we push the law too far and that is why this country is not growing. The simple fact is that the man has left the PDP. He said it, I did not say it. He said, ‘I am leaving PDP to APC,’ so I would expect that since he has left PDP for APC he should resign his seat which he got from the PDP
Clearly, this man is making an emotional statement not backed by the law.

48 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by Nobody: 4:14pm On Nov 11, 2014
Ok, so he should go so you'll put your god son abi son kwo? cool shocked all these old yimu politicians won't go and rest.... The youth are the leaders of tomorrow, when we wan take lead? Abi tomorrow no dey come? cry

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by seyema(m): 4:14pm On Nov 11, 2014
I no know weitin that man still dey do for that place

2 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by aryzgreat: 4:14pm On Nov 11, 2014
Wait for d apc vultures to invade d thread and insult d he'll out of agbakoba.

Tambuwal is now baptized " progressive " after crossing over.

9 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by Nobody: 4:15pm On Nov 11, 2014
Seun and Obinoscopy please move this thread to FP

https://www.nairaland.com/1991531/fuel-subsidy-appropriation-obasanjo-yar

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by Nobody: 4:15pm On Nov 11, 2014
What is stopping Seun and Obinoscopy to move this to FP?

https://www.nairaland.com/1991531/fuel-subsidy-appropriation-obasanjo-yar

omenka egift obiagelli berem ngeneukwenu please someone help us

4 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by arsetalks(m): 4:15pm On Nov 11, 2014
Was Agbakoba alive when APC law makers cross carpeted to PDP and Vice versa? Tambuwal should resign provided Mimiko also resigns. Both committed the same offense.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by ziky2010(m): 4:15pm On Nov 11, 2014
He was chosen as speaker tru electoral process so he can only vacate d seat tru dat.Anybody agitating dat he shld vacate his seat is only being sentimental.Aside dat,Mulikat Akande Adeola was d original and preferred candidate of PDP,so y are they are now crying foul!metcheeeeeew

9 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by AbdulAdam56(m): 4:15pm On Nov 11, 2014
Ok
Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by bigass(f): 4:15pm On Nov 11, 2014
Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by Babyboy1986(m): 4:15pm On Nov 11, 2014
Hmmmmm.
Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by TrishaP(f): 4:15pm On Nov 11, 2014
Not interested in the law!!poo!! Where are these people taking these fights to?

3 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by poundlander: 4:16pm On Nov 11, 2014
"I said so because he has switched party. I am not talking about law. I am not interested in law. Sometimes we push the law too far and that is why this country is not growing. The simple fact is that the man has left the PDP. He said it, I did not say it. He said, ‘I am leaving PDP to APC,’ so I would expect that since he has left PDP for APC he should resign his seat which he got from the PDP."

"That is absolute double standard. There is no question about that. But that does not also mean that the speaker has not done the wrong thing. The Constitution is above everybody. The fact that the speaker has done something wrong does not mean that the IGP should also commit a wrong. He should follow the constitution and we would not have any problem."

"The points are first, we should all obey the constitution."

MR OLISA IS A CONFUSIONIST, YOU DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT LAW, WHAT A PATHETIC STATEMENT COMING FROM A LAWYER. BUT WANT US ALL TO OBEY THE CONSTITUTION. IF I MAY ASK, WHAT IS LAW? WHAT IS CONSTITUTION?
PDP AND APC ARE THE SAME THING, BUT PERSONALLY, I LIKE BUHARI. ANYBODY HAVE PROBLEM WITH THAT?

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by adehsenior(m): 4:16pm On Nov 11, 2014
Trut:
Seconded and sealed.
Thirted and enveloped APC Apologist pls don't bomb this lawyer ooooo he just spoke the truth tongue tongue :Pjavascript:void(0);

4 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by Toktee(m): 4:16pm On Nov 11, 2014
Noise makers and jonah praise singers,#HANGING UNA SELF.

4 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by Nobody: 4:16pm On Nov 11, 2014
Where did this Agbakoba come from?

He sounds more like "Alakoba".

undecided

29 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Probe Jonathan, Be Fair, PDP Tells Buhari / Presidency's Statement On The Release Of 21 Chibok Girls / Buhari Approves Establishment Of A New Battalion Of The Nigerian Army & Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.