Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Servants Vs Sons/daughters Of God. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Servants Vs Sons/daughters Of God. (1474 Views)

Pastor Impregnates Married Woman & Her 2 Daughters During All-night Prayers / Charlene & Sharon Oyakhilome: Daughters Of Pastor Chris & Anita (Picture) / Sons & Daughters of Lucifer show yourself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Servants Vs Sons/daughters Of God. by alolatee(m): 7:59pm On Nov 03, 2014
In status, we are sons of God but in service we are servants...He sends us to where he wills but never recognize us or deals or gives us things as servants but as sons/ daughters...no wonder he said he will no longer address us as servants because
a servant knows not what a master does but as sons and friends he will know us.
Jesus recognized the position of his disciples and named them Disciples/Apostles not servants (Acts1vs2)..He recognized their status but he sent them as servants.Paul referred to himself in all the epistles as he wrote only twice in Romans and Philippians as servants of God, other places of his epistle he said Apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ talking of his status.
Peter called himself and Apostle but in 2Peter, he called himself a servant.All these servanthood is to draw home the point their labour for the land.But sonship makes us have certain rights as believers.The position we are in Christ as being disciples no wonder he said 'I am an apostle' as if to say i speak in authority of who am in Christ.There is reward for faithful service (Matthew25vs23), but we are admitted to heaven as a disciple- who we are in Christ not service; works.Who we are in Christ not on service- works which can suffer loss or stay as purer and purer as Gold is tried in fire.As many that receive him to them he gave the power to become the sons of God to them that believe in his name(John1vs12).

2 Likes

Re: Servants Vs Sons/daughters Of God. by gatiano(m): 8:05pm On Nov 03, 2014
what is the meaning of servant? is servant a bad word? if GOD should call me his servant, then i am more than all the world's presidents put together. However, i am a direct descendant of GOD the originator and HIS grandson and son.

alolatee:
In status, we are sons of God but in service we are servantd...He sends us to where he wills but never recognize us or deals or gives us things as servants but as sons/ daughters...no wonder he said he will no longer address us as servants because
a servant knows not whata master does but as sons and friends he will know us.
Jesuss recognized the position of his disciples and named them Disciples/Apostles not servants (Acts1vs2)..He recognized their status but he sent them as servants.Paul referred to himself in all the epistles as he wrote only twice in Romans and Philippians as servants of God, other places of his epistle he said Apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ talking of his status.
Peter called himself and Apostle but in 2Peter, he called himself a servant.All these servanthood is to draw home the point their labour for the land.But sonship makes us have certain rights as believers.The position we are in Christ as being disciples mo wonder he said 'I am an apost
le' as if to say i speak in authority of who am in Christ.There is reward for faithful service (Matthew25vs23), but we are admitted to heaven as a disciple- who we are in Christ not service; works.Who we are in Christ not on service works which can suffer loss or stay as purer and purer as Gold is tried in fire.As many that receive him to them he gave the power to become the sons of God to them that believe in his name(John1vs12).
Re: Servants Vs Sons/daughters Of God. by alolatee(m): 8:40pm On Nov 03, 2014
what is the meaning of servant? is servant a bad word? if GOD should call me his servant, then i am more than all the world's presidents put together. However, i am a direct descendant of GOD the originator and HIS grandson and son.

My friend what am saying is in response to what some misunderstand between servants of God and sons of God.John 15vs15 rightly as i also quoted rightly answered your question.A servant does not know what a master does.God said we are to be known as friends no more as servants.A logic is a son is a friend not a foe. And the closest for that matter.The position we are in Christ makes us enjoy the relationship with God as son.That is our status and that is how God sees us.We can refer to ourselves as servants of God; that is in reference to our service to God.That is why i said we are accepted into heaven based on our position in Christ as sons and daughters-our Christian character in christ as disciples.Hope am able to answer your question.
Re: Servants Vs Sons/daughters Of God. by gatiano(m): 8:58pm On Nov 03, 2014
i understand, i was not at all against what you said. so christians would say Jesus is the son of GOD, true so he was GOD's servant too, and they categorically say Muhammad is a servant of GOD, and not a son thereby suggesting that Islam is a slave making religion. Muhammad too is a son of GOD. Me oooo, i am a direct descendant of GOD.
alolatee:

My friend what am saying is in response to what some misunderstand between servants of God and sons of God.John 15vs15 rightly as i also quoted rightly answered your question.A servant does not know what a master does.God said we are to be known as friends no more as servants.A logic is a son is a friend not a foe. And the closest for that matter.The position we are in Christ makes us enjoy the relationship with God as son.That is our status and that is how God sees us.We can refer to ourselves as servants of God; that is in reference to our service to God.That is why i said we are accepted into heaven based on our position in Christ as sons and daughters-our Christian character in christ as disciples.Hope am able to answer your question.
Re: Servants Vs Sons/daughters Of God. by alolatee(m): 9:44pm On Nov 03, 2014
i understand, i was not at all against what you said. so christians would say Jesus is the son of GOD, true so he was GOD's servant too, and they categorically say Muhammad is a servant of GOD, and not a son thereby suggesting that Islam is a slave making religion. Muhammad too is a son of GOD. Me oooo, i am a direct descendant of GOD.
[/quote]
well you area muslim so what i say may not be clear to you.i am persuaded though that you love Christianity and wanted to believe in Jesus.I qute you ACTS 4vs12.There is no other name given amongst men whereby we can be saved but Jesus alone i add.Try christanity and the Hollow in Your heart will be filled.I hope you now understand me?
Re: Servants Vs Sons/daughters Of God. by gatiano(m): 9:52pm On Nov 03, 2014
Only GOD knows the heart of men. yes, i got you.
alolatee:

well you area muslim so what i say may not be clear to you.i am persuaded though that you love Christianity and wanted to believe in Jesus.I qute you ACTS 4vs12.There is no other name given amongst men whereby we can be saved but Jesus alone i add.Try christanity and the Hollow in Your heart will be filled.I hope you now understand me?
Re: Servants Vs Sons/daughters Of God. by alolatee(m): 4:51pm On Dec 23, 2014
gatiano:

read also Galatians4vs7 and Luke17vs7-10 and you will be blessed

(1) (Reply)

Money Is My God. Fvck Other Gods / What Was The Forbidden Fruit Adam & Eve Ate? / Enter The Kingdom Of God Now!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.