Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,359 members, 7,864,678 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 12:07 AM

I’ll Not Step Down For Anybody, Nda-isaiah Vows - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll Not Step Down For Anybody, Nda-isaiah Vows (603 Views)

Gov Okorocha's Chatham House Saga Shows Igbos Got No Respect For Anybody / I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan / I Can't Step Down For Anybody-Atiku Abubakar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’ll Not Step Down For Anybody, Nda-isaiah Vows by Back2seder: 6:18am On Nov 04, 2014
Ahead of his declaration to seek the presidential ticket on the platform of the All Progressives Congress, APC, the publisher of Leadership Newspapers, Sam Nda-Isaiah, vowed on Sunday that he would not step down for any of the other contenders for the ticket.
He stated this in a statement by the Director of Publicity of Sam Nda-Isaiah Campaign Organisation, Igboeli Arinze.
Other presidential aspirant on the platform of the opposition party are former Head of State, Muhammadu Buhari, former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar, Kano State Governor, Rabi’u Kwankwaso and his Imo State counterpart, Rochas Okorocha.
The statement quoted Mr. Nda-Isaiah as urging Nigerians and members of the APC to disregard the claims in some quarters that he was planning to step down for any other aspirant.
He said he had no working arrangement with any of the aspirants and that he was in the race to win.
“Contrary to speculations in certain quarters, I wish to state that I have never held meetings with any individual or group where it was agreed that I would team up or step down for a particular candidate,” he said.
“I decided to throw my hat into this ring well ahead of others, in 2012 and I have come this far. I have reached a far and wide audience, met with stakeholders, travelled around the country understanding our problems and have put down a policy document that will actualize my vision for Nigeria.
“If you look at my candidature, you will see that I am the most acceptable of the aspirants on the platform of the APC, why then and for what reasons will it be justified to step down?”
Mr. Nda-Isaiah, who will formally declare his intention to run on Tuesday in Minna, said no amount of intimidation and falsehood spun now or in the future would make him succumb to the wishes of those who he claimed saw him as a threat.
He said those spreading the information that he was no longer in the race were only jittery over what he claimed was his acceptable choice by the APC delegates and Nigerians.
He called on his supporters in the APC to disregard such speculations, saying they were false and diversionary.
“What is most important for now is my declaration and then I will embark on a nationwide tour to wrap up the votes and finish off strong at the primaries,” the aspirant
said.https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/170510-ill-not-step-down-for-anybody-nda-isaiah-vows.html
Re: I’ll Not Step Down For Anybody, Nda-isaiah Vows by Unionised(m): 6:31am On Nov 04, 2014
before nko?

Are you not a Nigerian?
Re: I’ll Not Step Down For Anybody, Nda-isaiah Vows by tit(f): 6:53am On Nov 04, 2014
nobody will settle you.
Re: I’ll Not Step Down For Anybody, Nda-isaiah Vows by akumada1: 7:35am On Nov 04, 2014
If APC settled with christian north den my vote is for them.
Re: I’ll Not Step Down For Anybody, Nda-isaiah Vows by Blackfire(m): 9:36am On Nov 04, 2014
akumada1:
If APC settled with christian north den my vote is for them.
oga nda at end u will step out/down

(1) (Reply)

Question For Every Igbo Man. Will An Ijaw Ever Support The Course / Slump In Oil Prices: A Progressive Way Out (1) / Emergency Rule: Nigeria's House Of Representatives To Reconvene On Thursday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.