Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,668 members, 7,816,747 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

Atheist Comedy Videos - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheist Comedy Videos (29369 Views)

Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist / Atheist Quotes. / The Reasons You Must Stop Arguing With Atheist. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheist Comedy Videos by MissTeaseMe(f): 3:11pm On Nov 04, 2014
Just watched the second video.

I think christains and muslims should watch them too. There is no harm in being opened to reason. These are just videos to question the status quo, if you can answer the basic questions raised by the videos, then your faith becomes stronger (tho i doubt it)

Seun you MUST watch the movie "Fault In Our Stars".

I can NEVER delete it from my pc. One of the best movies ever (for me). It is not about religion, it is just plain about life. And if you are like me and you question reasons behind events, then you will naturally ask "God why?" Because the tragedy is so real and many are in such situations.

I have come to realize that God is not coming to help anyone out of any misery.

I will try to summarize the videos but not now (for those who love summary)

Religion thrives on our reluctance to ask "why".

3 Likes

Re: Atheist Comedy Videos by davien(m): 3:15pm On Nov 04, 2014
I love darkmatter2525 videos too....the one I think all theists should watch is the "afterlife is meaningless without after-afterlife" lol cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZplzRg6ZP4

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheist Comedy Videos by MissTeaseMe(f): 3:16pm On Nov 04, 2014
Cc ymodulus

Sure you will find these videos interesting
Re: Atheist Comedy Videos by MissTeaseMe(f): 3:17pm On Nov 04, 2014
davien:
I love darkmatter2525 videos too....the one I think all theists should watch is the "afterlife is meaningless without after-afterlife" lol cheesy
Share links pls.

I will try to google it up
Re: Atheist Comedy Videos by davien(m): 3:28pm On Nov 04, 2014
MissTeaseMe:
Share links pls. I will try to google it up
dunno how to make the video show up here.....but this is the link to "afterlife is meaningless without after-afterlife"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZplzRg6ZP4
Re: Atheist Comedy Videos by MissTeaseMe(f): 3:31pm On Nov 04, 2014
Why we dont ask why
Simple

FEAR!

Church teaches, that without faith no one can please God. Right?

Truth is without fear there wont be religion. YES.

We avoid a lot of reasonable questions we shld be asking God or his reps (pastors, imams and the rest), but we dont because we are afraid of questioning God.

I take a serious look at my life all the fasting and prayers. Then when good things happen i credit it to God. For real has he done anything for me or i am just carried away in the euphoria of religion around me that credits all good things to God?

I recall praying for a friend with kidney failure all night. We were 3. We stayed up all night praying, yet the young lad died. I can go on and on with examples.

In the second video, a derailed train was mentioned, 17 people died and on little baby boy survived. Christains started celebrating the miracle of the baby that survived and pushed back the fact that 17 souls were lost.

*where the 17 dead worthless? (Tot God is love)
*you know of that 17 dead were bread winners whose family will suffer from their deaths.

This happens today in many churches where people come to give testimony and say they survived an accident that claimed many lives. So selfish!

I will be back to say more.

6 Likes

Re: Atheist Comedy Videos by MissTeaseMe(f): 3:33pm On Nov 04, 2014
davien:
dunno how to make the video show up here.....but this is the link to "afterlife is meaningless without after-afterlife"
[url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZplzRg6ZP4 [/url]
Ok thanks

1 Like

Re: Atheist Comedy Videos by davien(m): 3:56pm On Nov 04, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a42RHVmnUAA

"THE VALUE OF A GODLESS WORLD"
Re: Atheist Comedy Videos by MissTeaseMe(f): 4:17pm On Nov 04, 2014
davien:
[url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZplzRg6ZP4 [/url]
Watched. A bit more philosophical than the ones seun posted, many wont understand it.
Re: Atheist Comedy Videos by davien(m): 4:20pm On Nov 04, 2014
MissTeaseMe:

Watched. A bit more philosophical than the ones seun posted, many wont understand it.
True....but for the ones inquisitive enough to doubt their dogmatic beliefs...this would increase their critical thinking...
Re: Atheist Comedy Videos by Nobody: 4:23pm On Nov 04, 2014
Ajibam:
Lol
Is this your way of spicing up the section? grin grin..
Damn it, someone needs tutorial!

smiley

You guys are trying to revamp the section?
Re: Atheist Comedy Videos by MissTeaseMe(f): 4:42pm On Nov 04, 2014
davien:
True....but for the ones inquisitive enough to doubt their dogmatic beliefs...this would increase their critical thinking...
Believe me, i know my naija peeps, they wont understand.
I have friends the argue that even rap, rock, hip hop are creations of the devil, even tho i tried all my best to let them see these are just plain creations of the human mind. Is it these same people that will watch the "afterlife is meaningless without afterlife" and understand?

Very few will understand it.

By the way, do you know many christains/muslims are actually skeptical about the existence of God, but wont reason it out cos they are afraid. They ask "what if"

The last resort is always, "what if you die and find out that what the bible says is all true, so let us just comply even if it is ridiculous" grin

1 Like

Re: Atheist Comedy Videos by Ajibam: 4:43pm On Nov 04, 2014
striktlymi:

smiley

You guys are trying to revamp the section?
We need some prophets to do that..
Re: Atheist Comedy Videos by MissTeaseMe(f): 4:44pm On Nov 04, 2014
Miracles where common place events when there were no cameras to keep them in record" grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheist Comedy Videos by davien(m): 4:52pm On Nov 04, 2014
MissTeaseMe:

I have friends the argue that even rap, rock, hip hop are creations of the devil, even tho i tried all my best to let them see these are just plain creations of the human mind. Is it these same people that will watch the "afterlife is meaningless without afterlife" and understand?

By the way, do you know many christains/muslims are actually skeptical about the existence of God, but wont reason it out cos they are afraid. They ask "what if"

The last resort is always, "what if you die and find out that what the bible says is all true, so let us just comply even if it is ridiculous" grin
acknowledged
Re: Atheist Comedy Videos by Nobody: 5:08pm On Nov 04, 2014
Ajibam:

We need some prophets to do that..

grin
Re: Atheist Comedy Videos by tempem: 5:09pm On Nov 04, 2014
MissTeaseMe:
Why we dont ask why
Simple

FEAR!

Church teaches, that without faith no one can please God. Right?

Truth is without fear there wont be religion. YES.

We avoid a lot of reasonable questions we shld be asking God or his reps (pastors, imams and the rest), but we dont because we are afraid of questioning God.

I take a serious look at my life all the fasting and prayers. Then when good things happen i credit it to God. For real has he done anything for me or i am just carried away in the euphoria of religion around me that credits all good things to God?

I recall praying for a friend with kidney failure all night. We were 3. We stayed up all night praying, yet the young lad died. I can go on and on with examples.

In the second video, a derailed train was mentioned, 17 people died and on little baby boy survived. Christains started celebrating the miracle of the baby that survived and pushed back the fact that 17 souls were lost.

*where the 17 dead worthless? (Tot God is love)
*you know of that 17 dead were bread winners whose family will suffer from their deaths.

This happens today in many churches where people come to give testimony and say they survived an accident that claimed many lives. So selfish!

I will be back to say more.
False Religion has failed humans really... But if these are what the videos portray, believe me, it's something that has been given answer to. In summary what the video asks are
1. Why do bad things happens?
2. Why do bad things happens to good people?
3. And why are we(humans as a whole) here?
There are answers, dear.
Re: Atheist Comedy Videos by Nobody: 5:16pm On Nov 04, 2014
Light shines on darkness. Thank you Lucifer.
Re: Atheist Comedy Videos by MissTeaseMe(f): 5:37pm On Nov 04, 2014
tempem:

False Religion has failed humans really... But if these are what the videos portray, believe me, it's something that has been given answer to. In summary what the video asks are
1. Why do bad things happens?
2. Why do bad things happens to good people?
3. And why are we(humans as a whole) here?
There are answers, dear.

Is that all?
Where are the answers.

I dont care that bad things happen to good people, it is all natural. So answering those questions wont proof anything. Bad things cld happen to me at anytime and that is just the reality of existence.

Religion is just simple a made up thing. It keeps evolving to eliminate controversies. It is a creation of man used to control man. When you want people to follow your orders there must be an authority behind it and God has been a very effective tool to this effect.

Used most especially by moses. I really respect moses. He is a true leader. He perfected the idea of God as we know him today. It was necessary in keeping isreal in line at that time. Just like mohamed.
They come up with instructions from "god" as they encounter challenges in their bid to lead people.

If God is what the bible or koran preaches then it leaves a lot to be desired
Re: Atheist Comedy Videos by akinsadeez(m): 5:39pm On Nov 04, 2014
MissTeaseMe:

But the bolded is actually true. Why not be a christian and do good and when I die if there is a God, all well and good; and if there isn't one I am still covered. It is a win win situation.

By the way, if I have had a ''personal encounter'' with God, why should I be asking or wondering again if God exists?

5 Likes

Re: Atheist Comedy Videos by Oyetboy(m): 5:42pm On Nov 04, 2014
*sighs... I'm learning!

1 Like

Re: Atheist Comedy Videos by akinsadeez(m): 5:52pm On Nov 04, 2014
MissTeaseMe:

Is that all?
Where are the answers.

I dont care that bad things happen to good people, it is all natural. So answering those questions wont proof anything. Bad things cld happen to me at anytime and that is just the reality of existence.

Religion is just simple a made up thing. It keeps evolving to eliminate controversies. It is a creation of man used to control man. When you want people to follow your orders there must be an authority behind it and God has been a very effective tool to this effect.

Used most especially by moses. I really respect moses. He is a true leader. He perfected the idea of God as we know him today. It was necessary in keeping isreal in line at that time. Just like mohamed.
They come up with instructions from "god" as they encounter challenges in their bid to lead people.

If moses only perfected the idea of God to keep the isrealites in line, then how was he able to perform the miracles that he did then (parting the red sea amongst others)? I am writing this under the assumption that you believe the biblical account of moses' life.

That is my own problem with Atheists...they don't believe in anything spritual but dont really have any explanation for things that aren't clearly normal.
For example if you have a Christian with the gift of prophesy, if the said Christian prophesies specifically something that would happen in the future about someone and it happens, the atheist will tell you there is no God yet won't come up with any rational plausible explanation as to how the prophesy came to pass.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atheist Comedy Videos by MissTeaseMe(f): 6:11pm On Nov 04, 2014
akinsadeez:

If moses only perfected the idea of God to keep the isrealites in line, then how was he able to perform the miracles that he did then (parting the red sea amongst others)? I am writing this under the assumption that you believe the biblical account of moses' life.

That is my own problem with Atheists...they don't believe in anything spritual but dont really have any explanation for things that aren't clearly normal.
For example if you have a Christian with the gift of prophesy, if the said Christian prophesies specifically something that would happen in the future about someone and it happens, the atheist will tell you there is no God yet won't come up with any rational plausible explanation as to how the prophesy came to pass.
Moses performed no miracles.
No supporting evidence to show moses did any miracles. These are as good as legends. Even kim jung il of North korea has legends that says he has supernatural powers. Hirohito who was emperor of japan during wwII is generally believed to be a god in japan capable of miraculous feats. Rastafarians worship haile salassie as god and believe he can do all god can do. These are men in our age, how much more moses in a time when people believed in legends and manipulate historic accounts so they can amuse their children and grandchildren.
It is just like the yoruba legends of sango, ogun, osun.

Still waiting for your answers on why good people suFfer and so on.

Thanks

4 Likes

Re: Atheist Comedy Videos by tempem: 6:26pm On Nov 04, 2014
MissTeaseMe:

Is that all?
Where are the answers.

Lol, well... False religion has poison your mind... I could see you never hate the Bible, so what's more?-A genuine study of the Bible.. My case is worse, I've once doubted God's existence...... But with all of my research, I admitted that there is God And he cares... My dear, taking time to intensely study the Bible is never a bad option... There are so many things to learn beyond our own treacherous heart... Though false religion is not a safe haven, you could learn this with your Bible.. And besides, understanding this whole world needs a start-afresh from the root.

3 Likes

Re: Atheist Comedy Videos by MissTeaseMe(f): 6:30pm On Nov 04, 2014
tempem:

Lol, well... False religion has poison your mind... I could see you never hate the Bible, so what's more?-A genuine study of the Bible.. My case is worse, I've once doubted God's existence...... But with all of my research, I admitted that there is God And he cares... My dear, taking time to intensely study the Bible is never a bad option... There are so many things to learn beyond our own treacherous heart... Though false religion is not a safe haven, you could learn this with your Bible.. And besides, understanding this whole world needs a start-afresh from the root.
Well u dont know me (keep talking of false religion).

It is obvious you dont have answers.

Thanks anyway
Re: Atheist Comedy Videos by frank317: 7:26pm On Nov 04, 2014
Nice videos. Thanks seun for sharing, I Learnt a lot

1 Like

Re: Atheist Comedy Videos by Seun(m): 7:40pm On Nov 04, 2014
akinsadeez:
Why not be a christian and do good and when I die if there is a God, all well and good; and if there isn't one I am still covered.
You're not covered. When you die,you may find yourself in the presence of Allah, condemned for worshipping a man (Jesus) as God. You may find yourself in the presence of a God who loves atheists for using their brains and hates religious people. There's no security in fantasy.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atheist Comedy Videos by UrbanMystique: 7:41pm On Nov 04, 2014
mostly the same things that have been discussing in this section..

like the first one... how can a perfect thing create a shitty imperfect things? or how in the world would anyone create something just for the praise? it has got to be the stupidest thing.

i watched them cos i love animations embarassed

1 Like

Re: Atheist Comedy Videos by Nobody: 7:59pm On Nov 04, 2014
Seun:

You're not covered. When you die,you may find yourself in the presence of Allah, condemned for worshipping a man (Jesus) as God. You may find yourself in the presence of a God who loves atheists for using their brains and hates religious people. There's no security in fantasy.

Might also find yourself in the presence of this guy. grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Oyakilome DID NOT Ban Singer , Sinach From Singing In His Church / Pastor E.A Adeboye Celebrates His 78th Birthday (Pictures) / Pastor Adeboye Warns Of Impending Plague In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.