Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,584 members, 7,958,807 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 02:08 AM

Kano State Govt And Hypocrisy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano State Govt And Hypocrisy (1737 Views)

Pres. Jonathan Pleads With Govt. And People Of Yobe On Killing Of Students / Boko Haram Threatens To Unsettle Govt And Judiciary If They Hang Al Mustapha? / Govt And Private Oil Companies Should Relocate From Lagos To Nigerdelta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kano State Govt And Hypocrisy by Jairzinho(m): 5:01pm On Nov 20, 2008
I visited Kano recently for the second time ever,I couldn't help but notice the place had been transformed from my last visit in 1998;not by good roads,pipe borne water or a booming economy;no ! But by green 'Sharia' signs like street signs all over this ancient city.

Things like 'Allah is The Greatest','Worhip Allah,the most Beneficient' etc.

I certainly do not intend to disparage or join issues with the great religion of Islam, or dictate what the state does with its money I however need to comment on this hypocrisy.

I currently live in A MUSLIM,ARABIC country. Where Islam is the official religion such that you can't even eat in public during Ramadan ! shocked

I have never come across such 'street signs',the government's focus is constantly on improving welfare of its citizens and residents. Daily ,weekly ,monthly you're innudated with reports,upon reports in this area. . .  . .statistics,building projects (as I once commented to a friend,although everything works here the place is like a perpertual home-improvement project;things are everly being built or rebuilt or expanded etc.

Of couse I needn't say there's been no power outage since I arrived(almost a year now).

So my question is this; Why do governments in Nigeria like deceiving themselves (or is it their people) with all these hypocrisy? Is it not a shame that a state that has such resources to spare will still continue to have millions of 'Almajaris'? The Executive governor was recently reported as saying there was nothing wrong with these little boys going around with plates begging !!! shocked shocked shocked

Nobody is perfect,but shouldn't you rather spend hard-earned allocation from FG and internally generated revenue on things like;education,health,social security,agriculture and other innovative ideas?

Why must you be more religious than the Arabic people themselves?

Please give me your comments.

This is not about tribalism,I just wonder when we will begin to live up to our potentials in this country !!!

I tire !
Re: Kano State Govt And Hypocrisy by DisGuy: 6:23pm On Nov 20, 2008
Nobody is perfect,but shouldn't you rather spend [size=14pt]hard-earned allocation from FG[/size] and internally generated revenue on things like;education,health,social security,agriculture and other innovative ideas?

hard-earned?? don't be shilly  tongue

some state spend more on arabic education/schools than on mainstream education
the problem is no one is challenging their spendings or policies, the FG is not really bothered
about what they do with their money. if the FG challenge states to prop up the internally generated revenue
or allocate a certain percent according to what they contribute to the coffers.
Re: Kano State Govt And Hypocrisy by Kobojunkie: 6:40pm On Nov 20, 2008
Jairzinho:

Of couse I needn't say there's been no power outage since I arrived(almost a year now).

So my question is this; Why do governments in Nigeria like deceiving themselves (or is it their people) with all these hypocrisy?

What hypocrisy?

Jairzinho:

Is it not a shame that a state that has such resources to spare will still continue to have millions of 'Almajaris'? The Executive governor was recently reported as saying there was nothing wrong with these little boys going around with plates begging !!! shocked shocked shocked

According to their belief, apparently there is nothing wrong with it and so it is not really a shame to them.

Jairzinho:

Nobody is perfect,but shouldn't you rather spend hard-earned allocation from FG and internally generated revenue on things like;education,health,social security,agriculture and other innovative ideas?

You would if you believed it was in your best interest and that of your people to spend the money on such things, true.

Jairzinho:

Because you can.

Jairzinho:

This is not about tribalism,I just wonder when we will begin to live up to our potentials in this country !!!

I tire !

What makes you think they are not now living up to their own potential up there? I mean you mention how they want sharia, but does their version of sharia subscribe to the same ideas you do?
Re: Kano State Govt And Hypocrisy by osisi6(f): 6:46pm On Nov 20, 2008
And the non Muslims in the place are expected to feel safe with allah all over the street signs
Northern Nigeria still remains the poorest,the most backward and the most disease ridden area of the nation while they spend money on useless things.
Re: Kano State Govt And Hypocrisy by mazaje(m): 7:47pm On Nov 20, 2008
*osisi:

And the non Muslims in the place are expected to feel safe with allah all over the street signs
Northern Nigeria still remains the poorest,the most backward and the most disease ridden area of the nation while they spend money on useless things.

There are also signs of jesus is lord and various church adverts in the christain states too, so what are you saying. . . . .they government of river state spent money in organising a prayer session to god for help on the niger delta crisis is that not spending money on useless things too?
Re: Kano State Govt And Hypocrisy by bawomolo(m): 11:09pm On Nov 20, 2008
religious fundamentalism is a probably in the whole of nigeria and not just the north. as they say, God would provide.
Re: Kano State Govt And Hypocrisy by lucabrasi(m): 5:29am On Nov 21, 2008
@post
religion has always been a smokescreen for politicians to hoodwink and brainwash the electorate,its not new, during the sharia craze in zamfara,while the man was promulgating sharia laws,he was using the other hand to siphon his state'a allocation abroad,gambling e.t.c same reason you ll see most south western governors coming to holy ghost service to identify with pastor adeboye out of hypocrisy
Re: Kano State Govt And Hypocrisy by Nobody: 6:13am On Nov 21, 2008
Of course, nigerians are the most religious and at the same time the most hypocritical set of beings in the face of the earth, the percentage is even higher in the north.
Talking of being holier than the pope or being more islam than the arabs; one is cant be surprised that a cartoon sketched in far away Denmark by a Dane could cost the lives of several nigerians while it cost the whole world 3 lives as a result of stampede during protest. shocked shocked shocked
Re: Kano State Govt And Hypocrisy by Jairzinho(m): 6:53am On Nov 21, 2008
lucabrasi:

@post
religion has always been a smokescreen for politicians to hoodwink and brainwash the electorate,its not new, during the sharia craze in zamfara,while the man was promulgating sharia laws,he was using the other hand to siphon his state'a allocation abroad,gambling e.t.c same reason you ll see most south western governors coming to holy ghost service to identify with pastor adeboye out of hypocrisy

I agree,it cuts across both religions,my concern however is that endemic poverty is more visible (by comparison) in the north esp Kano which is the main focus here.

Kobojunkie:

What hypocrisy?

Hypocrisy that a corrupt government tries to be 'holier than thou' !

Kobojunkie:

According to their belief, apparently there is nothing wrong with it and so it is not really a shame to them.

Their belief runs contrary to other Islamic countries,which is my point. No Almajaris here !

Kobojunkie:

What makes you think they are not now living up to their own potential up there? I mean you mention how they want sharia, but does their version of sharia subscribe to the same ideas you do?

Since they are called Nigerians & nothing else,the standard of measure should be Nigerian standards which is essentially an aggregation of all our potentials
Re: Kano State Govt And Hypocrisy by MaiSuya(m): 10:02am On Nov 21, 2008
Jairzinho:

So my question is this; Why do governments in Nigeria like deceiving themselves (or is it their people) with all these hypocrisy? [b]Is it not a shame that a state that has such resources to spare will still continue to have millions of 'Almajaris'? [/b]The Executive governor was recently reported as saying there was nothing wrong with these little boys going around with plates begging !!! shocked shocked shocked

I tire !

the most pathetic site you'll ever see in the north is when these boys line up early in the morning in front of a big house, clutching their plates, shivering against the biting cold, waiting for the owner to dole out some food.

However, in all fairness to the present guv'nor (kano) I think he has performed far better than his predecessor. Just consider the new roads esp at Sabon gari and for the first time in may years, the taps at Kundlia Qtrs( where I stay) started flowing.
Re: Kano State Govt And Hypocrisy by MCUsman(m): 10:17am On Nov 21, 2008
Mai Suya:

the most pathetic site you'll ever see in the north is when these boys line up early in the morning in front of a big house, clutching their plates, shivering against the biting cold, waiting for the owner to dole out some food.

That is one thing i hate about been a northerner

Mai Suya:

However, in all fairness to the present guv'nor (kano) I think he has performed far better than his predecessor. Just consider the new roads esp at Sabon gari and for the first time in may years, the taps at Kundlia Qtrs( where I stay) started flowing.

Hypocrates will not see these road only tiny billboards with arabic inscription.
Re: Kano State Govt And Hypocrisy by Jairzinho(m): 12:07pm On Nov 21, 2008
MC Usman:

Hypocrates will not see these road only tiny billboards with arabic inscription.
'Hypocrates'sic are not too interested in a road aleady littered with portholes as much as little boys have their potentials wiped out by visionless 'religious' govertment officials tongue
Re: Kano State Govt And Hypocrisy by MCUsman(m): 12:52pm On Nov 21, 2008
Jairzinho:

'Hypocrates'sic are not too interested in a road aleady littered with portholes as much as little boys have their potentials wiped out by visionless 'religious' govertment officials tongue

Your post was not specifically about the almajiris but on Arabic inscription by the road side, why the abrupt U- turn.

As some rightly said, bigger and more menacing sign boards with popular Christians slogans like “JESUS IS LORD” “JESUS IS MY SAVIOUR” “JESUS this JESUS that “ litters almost all Federal highways in the south, yet no body raised any eyeball. I see no reason why you should be intimidated.

Re: Kano State Govt And Hypocrisy by Jairzinho(m): 4:12pm On Nov 21, 2008
Mc,
I have little concern with religious signs of any sort,as a matter of fact i encourage people to genuinely practice their faith,however my concern lies with government funds being used in this regard,when there are so many life dependent needs of the populace !!!
Re: Kano State Govt And Hypocrisy by bawomolo(m): 4:16pm On Nov 21, 2008
he who controls religion, controls the people.
Re: Kano State Govt And Hypocrisy by Jairzinho(m): 4:23pm On Nov 21, 2008
bawomolo:

he who controls religion, controls the people.
Unfortunately sad but true. . . , definitely the bane of primitive societies !
Re: Kano State Govt And Hypocrisy by Kobojunkie: 4:26pm On Nov 21, 2008
Jairzinho:

I agree,it cuts across both religions,my concern however is that endemic poverty is more visible (by comparison) in the north esp Kano which is the main focus here.

Hypocrisy that a corrupt government tries to be 'holier than thou' !

Their belief runs contrary to other Islamic countries,which is my point. No Almajaris here !

Since they are called Nigerians & nothing else,the standard of measure should be Nigerian standards which is essentially an aggregation of all our potentials

ROFLMAO!!! The standard of measure should be same as with all parts of Nigeria ?? Can I just laugh and not say anything else about that line?
Re: Kano State Govt And Hypocrisy by MCUsman(m): 5:42pm On Nov 21, 2008
Jairzinho:

Mc,
I have little concern with religious signs of any sort,as a matter of fact i encourage people to genuinely practice their faith,however my concern lies with government funds being used in this regard,when there are so many life dependent needs of the populace !!!

O.K. apart from almajiris & billboards what else did you notice ?
Re: Kano State Govt And Hypocrisy by Jairzinho(m): 8:36pm On Nov 21, 2008
MC Usman:

O.K. apart from almajiris & billboards what else did you notice ?

Nothing much . . . . . . . apart from the proliferation of the flag of Niger republic in traffic ! cry cry
Re: Kano State Govt And Hypocrisy by Jairzinho(m): 9:42am On Nov 22, 2008
cry
Re: Kano State Govt And Hypocrisy by MCUsman(m): 9:56am On Nov 22, 2008
Jairzinho:

Nothing much . . . . . . . apart from the proliferation of the flag of Niger republic in traffic ! cry cry

You are joking right
Re: Kano State Govt And Hypocrisy by ikeyman00(m): 11:13am On Nov 22, 2008
hahhahah haha na wooo

like i always say, yes honourable usman, hahha yea yes they shouldnt be intimidated, yes emm ofcourse u right, but im still waitin when those northern political gangters will face the shaira, me waitin and also for destroyin the new generation of northern nigeria
Re: Kano State Govt And Hypocrisy by MaiSuya(m): 11:36am On Nov 22, 2008
MC Usman:

You are joking right

He must certainly be joking. . .  except its not the same Kano that I live in.
Re: Kano State Govt And Hypocrisy by tharma(f): 1:28pm On Nov 22, 2008
", be just, that is closest to piety, " This statement applies to any religion. However Nigerian political leaders just romance religion just to remain politically relevant. Isnt it in Nigeria that u will c our Governors doing the first reading of bible in the Church? However, the Kano issue, and Bauchi too, is honestly uncalled for. It is even not religion, it is just deception. I am sure the contract for those bill boards can build a primary school (not contract price).
Re: Kano State Govt And Hypocrisy by Jairzinho(m): 1:38pm On Nov 22, 2008
MC Usman:

You are joking right
Mai Suya:

He must certainly be joking. . . except its not the same Kano that I live in.
No Im not joing . Don't tell me u have not been offered Niger flag in traffic in Kano?
Re: Kano State Govt And Hypocrisy by MCUsman(m): 3:40pm On Nov 22, 2008
Jairzinho:

No I'm not joing . Don't tell me u have not been offered Niger flag in traffic in Kano?

Umm - no. Could you be more specific about what you''re blathering on about?

Like what the flags are distributed for, what motives and who is sponsoring the distribution? And don’t come telling that a impoverished nation like Niger whose annual budget is not more than of Kano State govt. is sponsoring Shariah in Kano.

And in event you failed to respond or you gave me one of your fairly tales sight seeing bullshit I will take you as liar.

(1) (Reply)

Kill N' Go Nigeria: Amnesty International Says Police “kill At Will” / Baby kidnapping/trafficking mess in Chanchangi flight of 31.12.09True Life Story / Without Chris Uba, Pdp Can Never Win Any Election In Anambra, Quote Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.