Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,234 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

Republicans Win Control Of The US Congress - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Republicans Win Control Of The US Congress (6008 Views)

Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall / Obama Seeks Congress Approval To Strike Syria / Mandela's Granddaughter Fighting For Control Of His Fortune (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Republicans Win Control Of The US Congress by GuyFawkes: 1:10pm On Nov 05, 2014
CFCfan:

I'd suggest a constitutional amendment setting forth term limits for members of Congress. The max number of terms for Senators should be 3.
Members of the House should be given 4-year terms, instead of the present 2-year terms. This would ensure that Reps don't spend half of their term on fund-raising activities. However, I'd limit the Reps to 4 terms.

18 years in the Senate, and 16 yrs in the House is enough for any lawmaker to make his/her mark on Capitol Hill.

All you needed to see how gullible some american electorates were was when thirty year senate veteran Mitch McConnell gave his acceptance speech and promised to bring "real change to Washington". And then the crowd cheered. grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Ermm the American constitution is written in stone, hell will freeze over before its amended again.
Re: Republicans Win Control Of The US Congress by GuyFawkes: 2:02pm On Nov 05, 2014
Lucasbalo:
The newly elected Governor here is Rauner. The guy is a billionaire and everybody knows he's so far right with the tea party group . He spent over 30 million dollars of his own money and he overwhelmed the governor. You can't watch TV, or Radio or drive without his billboards. And Illinois is just like California, it's a blue state.

ALL the newspapers in Illinois endorsed the billionaire Republican Brice Rauner as a good businessman, when 12 of his companies declared bankruptcy, and several of his executives in Texas have been convicted of wrongful death suits for his nursing homes undecided

1 Like

Re: Republicans Win Control Of The US Congress by annita19(f): 3:06pm On Nov 05, 2014
smiley we rolled in. Taking America back and making it better for the Americans. Sorry Libtards. Isn't it so amazing that Americans and the world have at last figured how much of a worthless loser, liar and fraud Obama is.

2 Likes

Re: Republicans Win Control Of The US Congress by annita19(f): 3:13pm On Nov 05, 2014
Lucasbalo:
You are right. I did vote earlier and was surprised that the lady told me when I came that they are projecting less than 30 percent in my precinct. We have to be hopeful. Have gone through the craziness of Reagan and Budh junior. America will rise up again. It's just disappointing. Am about the only Democrat in my office and I will sure get a lot of ribbing in the office morrow.

What kind of office do you work at that you talk politics in? Farmers Market?
Re: Republicans Win Control Of The US Congress by atlwireles: 3:35pm On Nov 05, 2014
[quote author=annita19 post=27750450] smiley we rolled in. Taking America back and making it better for the Americans. Sorry Libtards. Isn't it so amazing that Americans and the world have at last figured how much of a worthless loser, liar and fraud Obama is. [/quote]

Beautifully said, grin grin grin grin grin grin, The fraudster will spend the next two years learning to be a good American tongue

1 Like

Re: Republicans Win Control Of The US Congress by annita19(f): 3:38pm On Nov 05, 2014
atlwireles:
[b]

Impeachment would be nice
Re: Republicans Win Control Of The US Congress by Nobody: 4:07pm On Nov 05, 2014
annita19:

Nah, that would be an overreach of their mandate. The Tea-publicans would be wise not to take that course of action and risk a backlash in 2016. Despite their big win yesterday, the RNC still has to work harder in convincing racial minorities that the Republican brand would give them a better deal.
Re: Republicans Win Control Of The US Congress by Nobody: 4:09pm On Nov 05, 2014
GuyFawkes:

All you needed to see how gullible some american electorates were was when thirty year senate veteran Mitch McConnell gave his acceptance speech and promised to bring "real change to Washington". And then the crowd cheered. grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Ermm the American constitution is written in stone, hell will freeze over before its amended again.
Lol. Talk about delusion grin Politics, sometimes, requires the suspension of disbelief grin

1 Like

Re: Republicans Win Control Of The US Congress by atlwireles: 4:13pm On Nov 05, 2014
annita19:

I will not go that far. Don't want anything, that will sour the markets and energize Obama's supporters.
Re: Republicans Win Control Of The US Congress by Missy89(f): 4:25pm On Nov 05, 2014
publicenemy:

These were proxy wars or military operations not direct confrontational wars. The republicans are more confrontational and they being in power would put Russia in check.

only East timor was a proxy. the rest had us military involvement.

When Russia invaded Georgia in 2008, how come the Republicans didn't put Russia in check then even thou Georgia was an ally?

You must really think the Republicans have some special powers.

1 Like

Re: Republicans Win Control Of The US Congress by GuyFawkes: 5:03pm On Nov 05, 2014
annita19:
smiley we rolled in. Taking America back and making it better for the Americans. Sorry Libtards. Isn't it so amazing that Americans and the world have at last figured how much of a worthless loser, liar and fraud Obama is.

Tea Party. lipsrsealed
Re: Republicans Win Control Of The US Congress by publicenemy(m): 5:27pm On Nov 05, 2014
Missy89:

only East timor was a proxy. the rest had us military involvement.

When Russia invaded Georgia in 2008, how come the Republicans didn't put Russia in check then even thou Georgia was an ally?

You must really think the Republicans have some special powers.

I dont think they have special powers, I think they are more militarily aggressive and unpredictable and are more likely to engage russia"s continued international aggression compared to the more diplomatic democrats.Obama talks too much.

1 Like

Re: Republicans Win Control Of The US Congress by Missy89(f): 5:38pm On Nov 05, 2014
publicenemy:

I dont think they have special powers, I think they are more militarily aggressive and unpredictable and are more likely to engage russia"s continued international aggression compared to the more diplomatic democrats.Obama talks too much.

A republican president will probably not plan to take Ukraine like the democrats are doing. I just gave you an example But you are still saying the same thing. Bush was more diplomatic on the Russian front during his presidency. at some point, he nearly agreed to a joint missile defense program and he did not push for NATO's incorporation of Ukraine and Georgia in 2008 before Georgia was invaded even thou he could have done that.

so who is more diplomatic? Most US presidents go to war regardless of their party. Proxy or no proxy. Wars being a republican thing is a myth.

1 Like

Re: Republicans Win Control Of The US Congress by annita19(f): 5:42pm On Nov 05, 2014
GuyFawkes:

Tea Party. lipsrsealed

Libtard
Re: Republicans Win Control Of The US Congress by GuyFawkes: 5:58pm On Nov 05, 2014
annita19:

Libtard

SMH
Re: Republicans Win Control Of The US Congress by annita19(f): 6:12pm On Nov 05, 2014
GuyFawkes:

SMH

Umm ok?
Re: Republicans Win Control Of The US Congress by GuyFawkes: 6:22pm On Nov 05, 2014
annita19:

Umm ok?

I'm good, dunno bout you
How's the view from the Koch brothers a55? cheesy
Re: Republicans Win Control Of The US Congress by Nobody: 7:27pm On Nov 05, 2014
CFCfan:

Lol. That's why I like American politics, in spite of its imperfections. Imagine an incumbent governor, whose party also controls Aso Rock, being outspent by the opposition candidate? That's impossible grin

it did happen here. You guys stay abroad and think here remains the jungle you left it.

States have been snatched from the hands of an incumbent governor whose party still controls aso rock.
Re: Republicans Win Control Of The US Congress by Shock(m): 10:05pm On Nov 05, 2014
Obama pretty much hanged himself with his response to Islamic State threat. His idea of playing golf right just after an American was beheaded is nothing short of political suicide
Re: Republicans Win Control Of The US Congress by Nobody: 8:15am On Nov 06, 2014
Woot woot!

America's two-party dichotomy is a monopoly (wise words of Ron Paul), but I can't help it: Obama and his henchmen seriously need to swerveee! Let the 'next' reign begin.

1 Like

Re: Republicans Win Control Of The US Congress by Nobody: 8:20am On Nov 06, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:
Woot woot!

America's two-party dichotomy is a monopoly (wise words of Ron Paul), but I can't help it: Obama and his henchmen seriously need to swerveee! Let the 'next' reign begin.
Yep, a strong 3rd or 4th party is needed urgently.

1 Like

Re: Republicans Win Control Of The US Congress by GuyFawkes: 9:05am On Nov 06, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:
Woot woot!

The Reign of Terror sponsored by the Koch brothers. Its gonna be a roller coaster grin
Re: Republicans Win Control Of The US Congress by Nobody: 9:11am On Nov 06, 2014
CFCfan:

Yep, a strong 3rd or 4th party is needed urgently.

Yh. That's partly why he ran as a Libertarian - and I would have voted for him were I allowed (not that it would've mattered lol) - but that's wishful thinking IMO. No doubt, American politics is in need of a serious re-boot!
Re: Republicans Win Control Of The US Congress by Nobody: 9:17am On Nov 06, 2014
GuyFawkes:

The Reign of Terror sponsored by the Koch brothers. Its gonna be a roller coaster grin

Typical Dem undecided
I wash my hands of ya!
Re: Republicans Win Control Of The US Congress by GuyFawkes: 9:22am On Nov 06, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

Yh. That's partly why he ran as a Libertarian - and I would have voted for him were I allowed (not that it would've mattered lol) - but that's wishful thinking IMO. No doubt, American politics is in need of a serious re-boot!

I would have voted Ron Paul too, the old man was very popular amongst young americans disenchanted with the Washington establishment. The mainstream media (controlled by the corporations no doubt) didn't even give him any meaningful coverage in 2012.

I guess he was too radical for Wall street, he planned to close all foreign military bases, re-introduce the gold standard and kick some butts at the federal reserve. Stood no chance in hell honestly

1 Like

Re: Republicans Win Control Of The US Congress by GuyFawkes: 9:25am On Nov 06, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

Typical Dem undecided
I wash my hands of ya!

Sorry milady I'm not a Dem angry
Re: Republicans Win Control Of The US Congress by Nobody: 9:29am On Nov 06, 2014
GuyFawkes:

Sorry milady I'm not a Dem angry

Then a Dem sympathizer i.e even worse! undecided
Re: Republicans Win Control Of The US Congress by GuyFawkes: 9:32am On Nov 06, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

Then a Dem sympathizer i.e even worse! undecided

If you went through my posts on here you'd see I detest both sides of the divide.
So you support or sympathise with those Tea party nuts Aaarrrggh that's despicable!!!
Re: Republicans Win Control Of The US Congress by Nobody: 9:40am On Nov 06, 2014
GuyFawkes:

If you went through my posts on here you'd see I detest both sides of the divide.
So you support or sympathise with those Tea party nuts Aaarrrggh that's despicable!!!

Nah, you're despicable. Sorry but when I read through your posts, I smell a strong hint of Dem [sympathizer]. No? undecided

Yeah, I be tea partyyyin' grin grin
Re: Republicans Win Control Of The US Congress by GuyFawkes: 9:47am On Nov 06, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

Nah, you're despicable. Sorry, but when I read your posts I smell a Dem [sympathizer]. No? undecided

Yeah, I be tea partyyyin' grin grin

OMG Tea party! Gotta be kidding me.
Seriously GuyFawkes aint no D or R you should figure that out.
Re: Republicans Win Control Of The US Congress by Nobody: 9:50am On Nov 06, 2014
GuyFawkes:

OMG Tea party! Gotta be kidding me.
Seriously GuyFawkes aint no D or R you should figure that out.

Haha, I lied. I'm not a D or R either. And the T-baggers are a fringe element anyway.
Re: Republicans Win Control Of The US Congress by GuyFawkes: 10:03am On Nov 06, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

Haha, I lied. I'm not a D or R either. And the T-baggers are a fringe element anyway.

Lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Imagine Being In Traffic For 13 Days! / Nigerian Nurse Says The Bible Forbids Women From Wearing Trousers / There Are More Dutch People In South Africa Than The USA, Germany etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.