Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,280 members, 7,815,477 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

40m Nigerians Can Afford Cars Under Jonathan – Okonjo-iweala - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 40m Nigerians Can Afford Cars Under Jonathan – Okonjo-iweala (30285 Views)

This Buhari's Tweet On Fuel Scarcity Under Jonathan Has Got Everyone Talking(pic / Jonathan, Okonjo-iweala Ran Nigeria Like A Come-and-chop Restaurant — Shehu Sani / Economic Blueprint: Jonathan, Okonjo-iweala Are Insincere (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 40m Nigerians Can Afford Cars Under Jonathan – Okonjo-iweala by Exponental(m): 6:38pm On Nov 05, 2014
i wish angels can slap liars when they lie.... as in immediately.

1 Like

Re: 40m Nigerians Can Afford Cars Under Jonathan – Okonjo-iweala by IYANGBALI: 7:21pm On Nov 05, 2014
aunty ngozi does the figure include me?

1 Like

Re: 40m Nigerians Can Afford Cars Under Jonathan – Okonjo-iweala by deScifa(m): 7:42pm On Nov 05, 2014
Break down of Nigeria population by Age structure:

0-14 years: 43.2% (male 39,151,304/female 37,353,737)
15-24 years: 19.3% (male 17,486,117/female 16,732,533)
25-54 years: 30.5% (male 27,697,644/female 26,285,816)
55-64 years: 3.9% (male 3,393,631/female 3,571,301)
65 years and over: 3.1% (male 2,621,845/female 2,861,826) (2014 est.)

From the stats above.....lets assume that there is 0% unemployment rate in Nigeria....such that between 25-64 age bracket is gainfully employed ......which gives us 60 948 392......out of which 40 million can now comfortable buy a car shocked. Which also means that Nigeria now has almost 0% poverty rate cos before u can think about buying a car....i believe there should be some level of comfort.

Aunty Ngozi!....chai!.......prosperity will judge all of us.
Re: 40m Nigerians Can Afford Cars Under Jonathan – Okonjo-iweala by Datsme: 8:09pm On Nov 05, 2014
hardywaltz:
Madam abeg which road when this 40million people go drive their motor?
No mind her, na lie she dey lie

1 Like

Re: 40m Nigerians Can Afford Cars Under Jonathan – Okonjo-iweala by Josyrogers(m): 8:10pm On Nov 05, 2014
arsetalks:
Yes, she is right

Plus 40m? Where did she get the useless stats from?

You funny. First you agree with her. Next you come query the same thing you agree with.

Is it your arse talking??
Re: 40m Nigerians Can Afford Cars Under Jonathan – Okonjo-iweala by SoullyBaba(m): 8:56pm On Nov 05, 2014
What she actually said was that, with the ongoing transformation in the automobile sector, with more manufacturers investing in the country, 40m average earners will be able to buy new cars manufactured n assembled in the country.
Re: 40m Nigerians Can Afford Cars Under Jonathan – Okonjo-iweala by piagetskinner(m): 8:59pm On Nov 05, 2014
Josyrogers:

You funny. First you agree with her. Next you come query the same thing you agree with.

Is it your arse talking??
lmaoo grin grin...he's beginning to think like the clueless otuoke man lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: 40m Nigerians Can Afford Cars Under Jonathan – Okonjo-iweala by piagetskinner(m): 9:21pm On Nov 05, 2014
that figure is out-rightly outrageous!! if there are more people who can afford cars and build houses than they were before, it is because they have learnt to stop putting their trust in a failed govt,the kind of govt that says it will provide jobs,the kind of govt that says it will provide basic infrastructure for its populace. people have learnt to provide jobs for themselves and put their brains to work. that is y it is yielding the result that one is seeing.no political affiliation should take credit for that.all our politicians know how to do best is loot, loot, and loot till theres nothing left to loot.that is y they take rash decisions to the detriment of the ordinary nigerian on the street.if all the trade unions representing different sectors should embark on industrial action, it doesnt affect them in the short-run only the masses!.....

1 Like

Re: 40m Nigerians Can Afford Cars Under Jonathan – Okonjo-iweala by PEREP: 9:23pm On Nov 05, 2014
lastmanstandn:
Lies. Lies. Lies.

Okonjo-Iwealie and Yahoo-Yahoo statistics

112.5 million Nigerians live in poverty –NBS
http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/112-5-million-nigerians-live-in-poverty-nbs/

About 60 Million Nigerians in Poverty, U.K. Aid Ministry Says
http://mobile.businessweek.com/news/2014-09-29/about-60-million-nigerians-in-poverty-u-dot-k-dot-aid-ministry-says

Nigerians living in poverty rise to nearly 61%. www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-17015873

Please how many pple are in Nigeria? Over 170 million, if 112.5 million is poor, is the difference up to 40 Million? The answer is Yes and she can be correct.

Nigeria is at war and all we are seeing in terms of infrastructure is still happening. I just wish we just sit down and do a stock of Nigeria in 2011 and now.

In the Negative aspect, we have some crop of guys willing to kill every Nigerian and the security architecture existing today is capable of scaring the citizen to submission but BH are ready to die in the first place. We need a security set up that can identify, target and take out a terrorist/Criminal without harming the law abiding citizens. To make matter worse, the US has decided to decline arms request because they got a report that our Soldiers abuse human rights without inquiry to confirm same.

Secondly is corruption. We had issues where someone sat on Police Pensions and the courts practically pacified him, guys pulling runs to defraud Nigeria through subsidy and our lawyers have been frustrating the processes. A minister bought cars cos NASS approved MTEF and case is still in the courts to get interpretation of the Minister's action. The former CBN governor rushed to point fingers that about 50B USD is missing and later agreed it is 10B UsD (till date the PWC is doing the reconciliation cos Kano Emir thinks some funds are meant for Federation account and not where they were moved to), we have a minister who NNPC foots her bills for all travels but the House of Reps thinks it is bogus and such she must go. Infact they are working at instituting a law that gives power to the NASS to appoint the Auditor General directly (all because they want to be the legislator and executive at the same time)

On the positive note, three banks who should have been closed were saved under the most efficient Nationalization ever happened in the world (Keystone, Enterprise and Mainstreet) Road construction improved to the extent that transport fares crashed, Nigeria built the first Ship, Standard Gauge rail lines surfaced in Nigeria, the Airports get remodelled, Nigeria reduced rice imports drastically and intensified Agric revolution, Auto policy led to car assembly plants in Nigeria, Nigeria now exports Cements, Ajaokuta Steel is back, Nigeria Pharmaceutical companies now have licenses to produce drugs that can be sold in the world market and many more ALL in 3 years (I said 3 yrs cos after Yaradua's exit, it was elections)

I stay in Lagos for example and a review of revenues accruing to Lagos as against government investments and participation, it is a far cry. No road in Lagos can stay 2 yrs straight without patches all over maybe because the coal tar is quite lean (has anyone seen the width of the Ibadan - Ilorin road?), all we keep paying is taxes, fines and fees. Has anyone move close to Alausa to perfect a document? You will be shocked.

My submission, if only every state government can be tasked to ensure the standard we want to see in nigeria, it will affect the Federal government. We are looking too much at the FG while we simply keep mum at the rotteness happening in our states. https://www.nairaland.com/828872/facts-lekki-toll-tinubu-connection

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 40m Nigerians Can Afford Cars Under Jonathan – Okonjo-iweala by Pamcrest(f): 9:29pm On Nov 05, 2014
40 million new cars? Really! I didn't realise all d tokunbo cars are officially considered new oh......is it because they were imported? cheesy
This Ngozi has been a disappointment.....since d fuel subsidy saga. Honestly I like defending sisters but she's not giving me any defense armoury. She shone during obj tenure but this GEJ maladmin is cramping her style or what?
My humble submission
Re: 40m Nigerians Can Afford Cars Under Jonathan – Okonjo-iweala by InvertedHammer: 9:29pm On Nov 05, 2014
/
This is why you should avoid keeping bad companies...

Madam Iweala has learned to lie without blinking.

\
Re: 40m Nigerians Can Afford Cars Under Jonathan – Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 9:30pm On Nov 05, 2014
All this ministers should take it easy while lying offline and online na....shuo... 40million Nigerians will become car owners in Jonathan administration?
Is it from the weak civil service salary or from where? BTW how many Nigerians are working abi even the unemployed will have cars too O! Yahoo yahoo things....Ok o. I sit down here de watch una lies with my 96 inches black n white LED 6D TV

1 Like

Re: 40m Nigerians Can Afford Cars Under Jonathan – Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 9:41pm On Nov 05, 2014
SoullyBaba:
What she actually said was that, with the ongoing transformation in the automobile sector, with more manufacturers investing in the country, 40m average earners will be able to buy new cars manufactured n assembled in the country.
mr man/woman, are u her interpreter? Abi who ask u to explain for us, u think u are the only person that went to college here abi?
Re: 40m Nigerians Can Afford Cars Under Jonathan – Okonjo-iweala by Samabu07(m): 10:02pm On Nov 05, 2014
Iweala should resign soon enough. It would be the wise thing to do.
Re: 40m Nigerians Can Afford Cars Under Jonathan – Okonjo-iweala by prophetfire: 10:08pm On Nov 05, 2014
WHAT DID SHE SMOKE B4 SAYING THIS@
Re: 40m Nigerians Can Afford Cars Under Jonathan – Okonjo-iweala by Johnnyessence(m): 10:24pm On Nov 05, 2014
don't mind d old woman jare she still thinks as old breeds how could she gave us that fake stats this is where d problem is okonjo and madueke are just spreading lies around they are bunch of liars.okonjo and his boss will be disappointed come Feb 14 2015 election.
Re: 40m Nigerians Can Afford Cars Under Jonathan – Okonjo-iweala by eedriyz(m): 10:55pm On Nov 05, 2014
Iya were! No be so you say na you people start online buying things? As if na your papa bring dem Jumia abi na your good for nothing boss told us about Aliexpress
Re: 40m Nigerians Can Afford Cars Under Jonathan – Okonjo-iweala by damola57: 11:13pm On Nov 05, 2014
These people are just bunch of liars. How does it translate to life being easy for nigerians.
Re: 40m Nigerians Can Afford Cars Under Jonathan – Okonjo-iweala by Olutola88(m): 11:19pm On Nov 05, 2014
If she truly said 40 million Nigerians can afford cars, then I will say she's not only LUDICROUS but also a NUMBSKULL & a NITWIT for deriving joy in deceiving Nigerians.

What is our total population for crying out loud? How many primary school pupils do we have? how many secondary school students do we have? How many tertiary institution students do we have? How many petty traders do we have? how many factory labourers do we have?

If 40 million Nigerians can afford to own vehicles, that means our population is about one Billion?. I HATE all of you in the Jonathan team. People Deceiving People. I'm not astonished cos the so-called president himself is an incorrigible LIAR. That's how he has been telling us mammoth lies in his adverts, saying he has done a lot for Nigerians. Lemme just stop here before I start crying.

1 Like

Re: 40m Nigerians Can Afford Cars Under Jonathan – Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 1:20am On Nov 06, 2014
dlox147:
what is your point?..hope you saw this while reading the OP 'The federal government says it has done so well that[b] in the last three years 40 million Nigerians are comfortable enough to own cars[/b]' so please go straight to the point instead all i see here is bla bla bla bla...
you're just sounding dumber and dumber by the minute! can't u just bury your head in shame and stop commenting or replying? hian! You've ridiculed yourself enough na

1 Like

Re: 40m Nigerians Can Afford Cars Under Jonathan – Okonjo-iweala by kayjaybaba(m): 1:37am On Nov 06, 2014
My fellow country pple u are getting anty Okonjo wrong, una for ask her which type cars o. Cos car of 8 thound naira dey dis days. She suppose break d tin well for lay man understanding d different between car and motor cos car like Peugeot 504 reach like 10million wey dey waka for our roads now
Re: 40m Nigerians Can Afford Cars Under Jonathan – Okonjo-iweala by adekojeku(m): 2:23am On Nov 06, 2014
2015 is near. all of u go see. GEJ would be left all alone. Nigerians are not foolish.
Re: 40m Nigerians Can Afford Cars Under Jonathan – Okonjo-iweala by LouisVanGaal(m): 2:51am On Nov 06, 2014
cry..my father was right after all!..'When you walk with a wise man, with time you would become wise like him; but a foolish man would drag you down to his level, cos he has nothing to offer!'...Can you compare the NOI (OBJ era) Vs NOI (GEJ era) in terms articulacy and professionalism?...NOI has finally towed the path of GEJ..'Nigerian's aren't poor - we have people who own jet here'...AS FOR YOU GEJ's 'arse-lickers' on every of whims and caprices, I say continue!! You all gonna have Mouth thrush soon..

1 Like

Re: 40m Nigerians Can Afford Cars Under Jonathan – Okonjo-iweala by matthew4grace(m): 6:38am On Nov 06, 2014
okonjo iweala u dey lie sha.nu one abi tokunbo bcus the nu one nor dey a4dable.sorry self people wa remain for dis country reach 40,000,000
Re: 40m Nigerians Can Afford Cars Under Jonathan – Okonjo-iweala by Smoj(m): 6:42am On Nov 06, 2014
dis woman deserved to be flogged
Re: 40m Nigerians Can Afford Cars Under Jonathan – Okonjo-iweala by olaitan4real: 7:00am On Nov 06, 2014
BUNCH OF LIARS...IT SHALL NT BE WELL WIT U...TEAM GEJ
Re: 40m Nigerians Can Afford Cars Under Jonathan – Okonjo-iweala by dlox147(m): 8:06am On Nov 06, 2014
booqee:
you're just sounding dumber and dumber by the minute! can't u just bury your head in shame and stop commenting or replying? hian! You've ridiculed yourself enough na
KIDS...SMH
Re: 40m Nigerians Can Afford Cars Under Jonathan – Okonjo-iweala by Reptyle(m): 8:32am On Nov 06, 2014
arsetalks:
Yes, she is right unfortunately the problem is that there are no good roads to ride the said cars on. Plus 40m? Where did she get the useless stats from. Same as the "we have reduced provety level by 50%" nonsensencial statement.

Figures are from her powerpoint slides. Okonjo Iweala is the world's only Professor of Voodoo Economics!
Re: 40m Nigerians Can Afford Cars Under Jonathan – Okonjo-iweala by samuyafiiyawa: 9:40am On Nov 06, 2014
no wahala God will show her the real Nigeria situation! so she can learn to tell the truth! God she is telling the opposite I pray that you make her realize the truth so that those in the higher authorities will change their ways cos with this remarks the president will assume all is well and he will continue on the wrong path, God all those around the president ill advising him God change their heart or flush them out! cos Nigerians are tired of this bandage
Re: 40m Nigerians Can Afford Cars Under Jonathan – Okonjo-iweala by Peterscoded: 9:53am On Nov 06, 2014
Dis mama is drunk how many graduates is fix up or many working graduates can afford a car not even mortgage
Re: 40m Nigerians Can Afford Cars Under Jonathan – Okonjo-iweala by Onosy: 10:45am On Nov 06, 2014
dlox147:
its not your fault that you cannot comprehend the content of this article, you went to school when BUHARI was the president of naija..but not to worry you can attend one of the Adult institutions available now..

The caption is misleading....... 40 Million Nigerians CAN buy a car is dff from 40 Million Nigerians BOUGHT CARS ......are the 40 million cars bought already or 40 million Nigerians have d potential of buying cars??

Confused self acclaimed leaders.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi / President Buhari Commissions Locomotives & Coaches For Abuja-Kaduna Rail Service / Nigerians React To Adebayo Shittu's NYSC Skipping Scandal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.