Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,295 members, 7,954,177 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:40 PM

Attention Seun. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Attention Seun. (4330 Views)

Attention Seun, Obinoscopy: What Is Happening Here? / Attention Seun: Delete Every Stolen Id / Account, Don't Tarnish Nl! / ATTENTION Seun Osewa: Afam4ever Has Lost Moral Authority To Be A Moderator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Attention Seun. by omenka(m): 3:05pm On Nov 05, 2014
Have been thinking about this for some time. I'm not a tech guru but I think what I'm suggesting is quite feasible.

I was wondering if Seun could be so kind as to create a "favourite" button at the top of each thread and the bottom of each post. There are certain threads containing posts to which members might want to make reference in their subsequent posts but can't do so because of the stress of sifting through one's posts (some of which run into 50pages+). Making it possible to mark some posts/threads as favourite would make it easy for such posts/threads to be accessed when the need arises.

Just a suggestion.

Cc: Obinoscopy, mynd44, OAM4J, Mukina2.

10 Likes

Re: Attention Seun. by Descartes: 3:11pm On Nov 05, 2014
Noted. Will set up a 5-man Committee to look into it and submit report undecided

4 Likes

Re: Attention Seun. by NgeneUkwenu(f): 3:13pm On Nov 05, 2014
Nice one!

1 Like

Re: Attention Seun. by politricks: 3:18pm On Nov 05, 2014
I salute your progressive mind.

2 Likes

Re: Attention Seun. by Nobody: 3:19pm On Nov 05, 2014
Nice! Also, there should be something called picture of the week i.e the picture with the highest likes from the previous week. It should appear in picture, right below the list of threads on front page.

4 Likes

Re: Attention Seun. by hazyfm: 3:20pm On Nov 05, 2014
Wait till the House of Assembly return from recess

We will pass the bill

1 Like

Re: Attention Seun. by Nobody: 3:21pm On Nov 05, 2014
Descartes:
Noted. Will set up a 5-man Committee to look into it and submit report undecided
setting up committees is what PDP do, but APC springs up ideas that are truly progressive.

5 Likes

Re: Attention Seun. by hazyfm: 3:22pm On Nov 05, 2014
grin grin grin grin grin grin
politricks:
I salute your progressive mind.

Progressive mind?? How about Democratic mind??
Re: Attention Seun. by omenka(m): 3:23pm On Nov 05, 2014
Glad we can all see the propriety of this despite our sharp differences in political affiliation. smiley

1 Like

Re: Attention Seun. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:23pm On Nov 05, 2014
"Yio shini, yio kanai" (good thinking, good product).
Re: Attention Seun. by Firefire(m): 3:23pm On Nov 05, 2014
hazyfm:

cheesy
Re: Attention Seun. by Descartes: 3:24pm On Nov 05, 2014
TribalEAST:
setting up committees is what PDP do, but APC springs up ideas that are truly progressive.
And so

1 Like

Re: Attention Seun. by loopman: 3:24pm On Nov 05, 2014
It will be nice. wink
Re: Attention Seun. by abes(m): 3:25pm On Nov 05, 2014
You can manage the 'share' feature for now.
Re: Attention Seun. by Descartes: 3:26pm On Nov 05, 2014
Next!!!

1 Like

Re: Attention Seun. by politricks: 3:26pm On Nov 05, 2014
hazyfm:

Yeah and Republican mind.
Re: Attention Seun. by Kenai: 3:28pm On Nov 05, 2014
omenka:
Have been thinking about this for some time. I'm not a tech guru but I think what I'm suggesting is quite feasible.

I was wondering if Seun could be so kind as to create a "favourite" button at the top of each thread created. There are certain threads containing posts to which members might want to reference in their subsequent posts but can't do so because of the stress of sifting through one's posts (some of which run into 50pages+). Making it possible to mark some posts/threads as favourite would make it easy for such posts/threads to be accessed when the need arises.

Just a suggestion.

That's what the 'Like' button really does.
When you like a post, visit https://www.nairaland.com/omenka, and click on "Posts I've Liked".
Also, you can just "Follow" (this sucks sometimes) a thread, and open your "Followed Topics" to see the list.
Re: Attention Seun. by Nobody: 3:30pm On Nov 05, 2014
Descartes:
Next!!!
are you male or female?

3 Likes

Re: Attention Seun. by nduchucks: 3:33pm On Nov 05, 2014
Kenai:

When you like a post, visit https://www.nairaland.com/omenka, and click on "Posts I've Liked".

Methinks OP wants "Threads I've liked"/"My Favorite Threads" or something of that sort.
Re: Attention Seun. by Nobody: 3:33pm On Nov 05, 2014
berem:
are you male or female?

Shεmale

2 Likes

Re: Attention Seun. by chibwike(m): 3:33pm On Nov 05, 2014
Just the way twitter does...nice suggestion Mr Omenka

1 Like

Re: Attention Seun. by aljharem(m): 3:34pm On Nov 05, 2014
Good initiative
Re: Attention Seun. by Descartes: 3:34pm On Nov 05, 2014
berem:
are you male or female?
Good question but sorry I schooled in Zurich.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Attention Seun. by Kenai: 3:34pm On Nov 05, 2014
nduchucks:

Methinks OP wants "Threads I've liked"/"My Favorite Threads" or something of that sort.

I guess clicking "Follow" on the thread(s) of his choice is the only option right now.
Re: Attention Seun. by Nobody: 3:35pm On Nov 05, 2014
Descartes:
Good question but sorry I schooled in Zurich.
its obvious you're female. Lemme take it that way.
Re: Attention Seun. by omenka(m): 3:36pm On Nov 05, 2014
Kenai:

I don't think so. Post you "like" are actually posts you like. You can't like a post you find annoying or disapprove of, and sometimes, situations arise when you want to make reference to those "annoying" posts/threads. But you can mark as "favourite" a post you don't necessarily agree with. That is the difference.

Catch my drift??

Cc: nduchucks
Re: Attention Seun. by idu1(m): 3:37pm On Nov 05, 2014
Nice one.........
Re: Attention Seun. by Kenai: 3:37pm On Nov 05, 2014
omenka:
I don't think so. Post you "like" are actually posts you like. You can't like a post you find annoying or disapprove of, and sometimes, situations arise when you want to make reference to those "annoying" posts/threads. But you can mark as "favourite" a post you don't necessarily agree with. That is the difference.

Catch my drift??

Yeah, I suppose. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Attention Seun. by omenka(m): 3:48pm On Nov 05, 2014
Kenai:

I guess clicking "Follow" on the thread(s) of his choice is the only option right now.
This also doesn't quite cut it because one automatically "follows" any thread they comment on, making it as difficult to locate a particular thread or post as trying to locate a particular post in ALL your posts!! Understand??

It has to be favourite.
Re: Attention Seun. by PhockPhockMan: 3:56pm On Nov 05, 2014
omenka:

I was wondering if Seun could be so kind as to create a "favourite" button at the top of each thread created. There are certain threads containing posts to which members might want to reference in their subsequent posts but can't do so because of the stress of sifting through one's posts (some of which run into 50pages+). Making it possible to mark some posts/threads as favourite would make it easy for such posts/threads to be accessed when the need arises.

Just a suggestion.
Op, I'm with you on this.
For now, I make do with "LIKE" option.
Re: Attention Seun. by emmyclassic(m): 3:58pm On Nov 05, 2014
OP just save the page and send it to ur mail.. lol
Re: Attention Seun. by omenka(m): 4:09pm On Nov 05, 2014
PhockPhockMan:
Op, I'm with you on this.
For now, I make do with "LIKE" option.
The problem with the "like" option is, you can't "like" a post you don't like.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Awesome Wood Carving To Create An Illusion Of A Box Of Money. Pls Read / Man Carries 7 Bags Of Rice On His Head (photo) / Documents Required for the Legal Transfer of Title to land or Property in Abuja,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.