Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,853 members, 7,855,527 topics. Date: Monday, 10 June 2024 at 01:00 AM

Only 64 Gunmen Seized Mubi! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Only 64 Gunmen Seized Mubi! (3406 Views)

APC Wins 64 Seats In The Senate, Now Has Majority Status / Jonathan Visits Mubi, Heads To Baga / Pictures Of Murdered Students Of Mubi Polytechnic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Only 64 Gunmen Seized Mubi! by lekkie073(m): 9:52am On Nov 06, 2014
politricks:
My friend if we dont blame the president then who do we blame?. This president has not taken care of his backyard but he is running to burkina faso to make peace.
so if someone should kill his own brother inside their father's house, we should blame the president for not securing the house
Re: Only 64 Gunmen Seized Mubi! by focus7: 9:55am On Nov 06, 2014
Is the chief in command of Nigeria arm forces really competent or he's just clueless?
Re: Only 64 Gunmen Seized Mubi! by ak47mann(m): 10:04am On Nov 06, 2014
Sijo01:
64 men with sophisticated weapons is more than a barrack with rickety weapons.
cool
Re: Only 64 Gunmen Seized Mubi! by politricks: 10:18am On Nov 06, 2014
lekkie073:
so if someone should kill his own brother inside their father's house, we should blame the president for not securing the house
Last time i checked, this thread is not about someone that killed his own brother but of a whole town seized by 64 gunmen because of the incompetence of the president.
Re: Only 64 Gunmen Seized Mubi! by Collynzo29: 10:20am On Nov 06, 2014
Nobleval:
Lies! Were you there to count them? Who counted them. Mtcheew...,..
The story says Boko haram members were boasting about it in the town, claiming that it was a sign that ''Allah'' is behind them.
Re: Only 64 Gunmen Seized Mubi! by Nobody: 10:27am On Nov 06, 2014
MusaIbrahim1:
"The recent capture of Mubi town in
Adamawa State was carried out by
only 64 Boko Haram members, a
resident who fled the town said.

The man also told the BBC Hausa on
Tuesday that the insurgents told the
residents that only seven fighters
attacked the military barracks."

A fleeing resident counted the BH and knew that their number was 64... Interesting..... Even if they invited you for a dinner, I seriously doubt if you can correctly count them all.... I do not believe this.
calebo101:
Nothing some people won't do to discredit the government.
So someone actually went round and took a head count of the terrorists and concluded it was 64...
Enemies of Nigeria, well done.
Nor be una I blame cha, na d fools wen full Nigeria wen dey bath with salt and water na dey believe everything hook, line and sinker.
Come February 2015 after Jonathan is sworn in again some serious soul searching would be done and you would ask yourself all the wasted lives just to oust one man, was it worth it?
Till then, keep killing yourselves and kidnapping your own people smiley

If you can only read further, you would have read this
“Some of them went to a cleric and
lectured him extensively. They told the
cleric that they were able to capture
the town so easily because what they
stand for was the right path.
“They told him that only 64 of them
launched attack on Mubi and
captured the town eventually. The
boys (Boko Haram) told the cleric that
only seven people were left to handle
the town’s military barrack,” he said.
The local, who spoke after he left
Mubi,
explained that there was not a
single uniformed security officer in
Mubi presently, “unless if they
changed their uniforms to civilian
ones.”

Note the bodled with what you quoted. What is (are) your conclusion(s)?
Re: Only 64 Gunmen Seized Mubi! by Nobody: 10:31am On Nov 06, 2014
Collynzo29:

The story says Boko haram members were boasting about it in the town, claiming that it was a sign that ''Allah'' is behind them.
ah...I see.I thought as much.
Re: Only 64 Gunmen Seized Mubi! by Lordlexyy: 10:35am On Nov 06, 2014
Quite disheartening to think mubi could easily fall into the hands of a handful tenage riff raffs in the presence of 2 or 3 battallions without report of much resistence in just one day or 2. Haba, i smell foul play here. Our military reknown for bravery can't easily surrendered mubi just like that, except there was a calculated effort and schemes already mapped out from the top to frustrate the gallantry of our army and to give the boko boys more edge or advantage over our military. Somebody at the top is benefitting immensely both politically and financially from the whole crises. It also came to me a surprise that the Mr. President unconcerned could leave for BF a day or there about after mubi was recaptured. The whole scenerior gives reason to concern over who is behind the failure of the military and how motivated the military force is. May God help Nigeria.
Re: Only 64 Gunmen Seized Mubi! by franksunny(m): 10:36am On Nov 06, 2014
wazoboy:
But why must a town with 3000 soldiers fall so easily to whatever number of enemy attacking? At least it should have taken many days of intense fighting with heavy casualties on both sides before the town of such a number of "loyal" soldiers should fall!
Cos BH and PDP are the same. You will see the magic on how Nigerian army will take over the town.
Re: Only 64 Gunmen Seized Mubi! by Pangea: 11:00am On Nov 06, 2014
Somebody is studying The Art of war!

If your enemy is secure at all points, be prepared for him. If he is in superior strength, evade him. If your opponent is temperamental, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant. If he is taking his ease, give him no rest. If his forces are united, separate them. If sovereign and subject are in accord, put division between them. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected.
Re: Only 64 Gunmen Seized Mubi! by lekkie073(m): 11:07am On Nov 06, 2014
politricks:
Last time i checked, this thread is not about someone that killed his own brother but of a whole town seized by 64 gunmen because of the incompetence of the president.
BH and their victims are more or less kith and kin......hence my analogy...cool
Re: Only 64 Gunmen Seized Mubi! by lekkie073(m): 11:09am On Nov 06, 2014
Lordlexyy:
Quite disheartening to think mubi could easily fall into the hands of a handful tenage riff raffs in the presence of 2 or 3 battallions without report of much resistence in just one day or 2. Haba, i smell foul play here. Our military reknown for bravery can't easily surrendered mubi just like that, except there was a calculated effort and schemes already mapped out from the top to frustrate the gallantry of our army and to give the boko boys more edge or advantage over our military. Somebody at the top is benefitting immensely both politically and financially from the whole crises. It also came to me a surprise that the Mr. President unconcerned could leave for BF a day or there about after mubi was recaptured. The whole scenerior gives reason to concern over who is behind the failure of the military and how motivated the military force is. May God help Nigeria.
u smell foul play. that's exactly what we r saying. but no one can conclude where actually the rat is hidden
Re: Only 64 Gunmen Seized Mubi! by Lordlexyy: 11:20am On Nov 06, 2014
lekkie073:
u smell foul play. that's exactly what we r saying. but no one can conclude where actually the rat is hidden
lekkie, i will appreciate if you keep your insensitivity to yourself. I don't deal with folks with no human feelings. You can't afford to become too political to undermine the suffering of a fellow man no matter how tribally entrench you are.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Threat To Igbos - Beyond What They They Say & Fear For The VP / Monikers That Disappeared After 2019 Elections / Caption This Photo Of VP Yemi Osinbajo And Crown Prince Of United Arab Emirates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.