Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,335 members, 7,829,851 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

Hyundai Elantra ! Beauty Defined In Car - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Hyundai Elantra ! Beauty Defined In Car (7532 Views)

Shiny Silver 2013 Hyundai Elantra GLS (slightly Used) Selling For 2.3m / sold sold sold.Ruggedly Defined 2008 Wrangler Tier Jeep / PRE-ORDER RE-DEFINED*****30% UPFRONT*****COMMITMENT IS ALL WE NEED. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hyundai Elantra ! Beauty Defined In Car by pyramid777(m): 12:58pm On Nov 21, 2008
HI PPL,

JUST COLLECTED MY ELANTRA TODAY AFTER ALMOST 3 MONTHS OF WAITING & MEN (I GUESS IT WAS WORTH THE WAITING), ISNT THE CAR SO BEAUTIFUL,

ELANTRA USERS & FANS IN THE HOUSE GIVE ME YOUR OPINION ON THIS CAR,

CHEERS !!!
Re: Hyundai Elantra ! Beauty Defined In Car by MrCrackles(m): 1:05pm On Nov 21, 2008
You gotta be kidding me, Hyundais are fucking useless!
Hyundai Elantra is a bloody worthless piece of metal with an excrutiatingly painful depreciation value
Think twice about calling it a beautiful car
Oh and by the way, congrats! undecided
Re: Hyundai Elantra ! Beauty Defined In Car by pyramid777(m): 1:09pm On Nov 21, 2008
I WONDER WHY ARE PEOPLE SO JEALOUS & KILL JOYS ? angry angry undecided undecided undecided
Re: Hyundai Elantra ! Beauty Defined In Car by abbyode(m): 1:19pm On Nov 21, 2008
MrCrackles:

Hyundai Elantra is a bloody worthless piece of metal with an excrutiatingly painful depreciation value

And whatz d model of your own car? Thatz if you ever have a bicycle!
Shioooo, runaway naija dude.
Re: Hyundai Elantra ! Beauty Defined In Car by texazzpete(m): 1:29pm On Nov 21, 2008
Nigerians love praise singers.

You asked for opinions, he gave one. Just because it wasn't what you wanted to hear doesn't mean you must demonize him. haba!!
Re: Hyundai Elantra ! Beauty Defined In Car by MrCrackles(m): 1:31pm On Nov 21, 2008
wow wow what is all this yabbis?!
poster asked what we think of the car and i gave an honest opinion, so how does that translate to jealousy?
idiots!! grin
Re: Hyundai Elantra ! Beauty Defined In Car by pyramid777(m): 1:35pm On Nov 21, 2008
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]wow wow what is all this yabbis?!
poster asked what we think of the car and i gave an honest opinion and verdict, so how does that translate to jealousy?
idiots!!
[/font] [color=#990000][/color]

slimy brute !!!

You are lucky i havent met you, i wud have Jammed your leg with my car,
Re: Hyundai Elantra ! Beauty Defined In Car by MrCrackles(m): 1:37pm On Nov 21, 2008
texazzpete:

Nigerians love praise singers.

You asked for opinions, he gave one. Just because it wasn't what you wanted to hear doesn't mean you must demonize him. haba!!

Dont mind the epileptic lunatic
I gave an honest opinion and nothing more
He his only mad because he threw his money down the drain!! grin
Re: Hyundai Elantra ! Beauty Defined In Car by Middleman: 1:41pm On Nov 21, 2008
Abeg if its the 2008 elantra the car is adorable and beautiful and has high reviews so dont mind them, for now that is my dream car, so if u want to resell it sometime next year pls hola at me, happy to hear the car as bad depriciation value so i can probably pay N1million for it then,hehe
Re: Hyundai Elantra ! Beauty Defined In Car by Ollajay: 3:22pm On Nov 21, 2008
pyramid777:

HI people,

JUST COLLECTED MY ELANTRA TODAY AFTER ALMOST 3 MONTHS OF WAITING & MEN (I GUESS IT WAS WORTH THE WAITING), ISNT THE CAR SO BEAUTIFUL,

ELANTRA USERS & FANS IN THE HOUSE GIVE ME YOUR OPINION ON THIS CAR,

CHEERS !!!
MrCrackles:

Oh and by the way, congrats! undecided
pyramid777:

I WONDER WHY ARE PEOPLE SO JEALOUS & KILL JOYS ? angry angry undecided undecided undecided

@Pyramid 777

You are unfair to Mr Crackles. If you ddnt want an opinion you need not ask for it. You could go round town and celerate your car the way you wanted. But to call him ''jealous and kill joy'' is unfair and wicked. I guess you only wanted opinion of people who will only agree wit your views. Learn to accomodate views that are contrary to yours.

In any event, no one need be jealous of you. Elantra is definitely not the most expensive nor the best car in town.

That notwithstanding, congrats for the new car!
Re: Hyundai Elantra ! Beauty Defined In Car by Mase3: 4:44pm On Nov 21, 2008
Mr Krackles, what do you have against the Hyundai Elantra?

Internet reviews and users have confirmed it's a good car. No one said its the best!
Can you please tell us 1 (one) thing that's wrong with that car? Just one!

And I didn't see anywhere in his post that he wants to use his car for Formular 1 or Lagos-Abuja,
it's just to get around town and occassionally travel, fiam!

Na so people dey buy v6 Camry to "travel" from Ikeja to Lagos Island daily! What a waste of resources!

The poster sure knows Coscharis motors, he's also heard of Benzos, Audis, Infinitis, VWs et al
He's just buying what's affordable at this point in time!

When the time comes he'll drive luxury cars too!

Learn to congratulate people!
Re: Hyundai Elantra ! Beauty Defined In Car by MrCrackles(m): 4:51pm On Nov 21, 2008
Ma$e:

Mr Krackles, what do you have against the Hyundai Elantra?

Internet reviews and users have confirmed it's a good car. No one said its the best!
Can you please tell us 1 (one) thing that's wrong with that car? Just one!

Learn to congratulate people!

Are you fucking blind or what?!
Cant you see my first post where i talked about depreciation value?!
Cant you see at the end of the post that i said congrats?
Now that you have seen it, what is the point of your personal attack on me?
You bloody dingbat!
Re: Hyundai Elantra ! Beauty Defined In Car by Mase3: 5:02pm On Nov 21, 2008
You don"t have to be rude to express yourself.

Na your motor? Wetin concern you with depreciation value?

The poster did all these surveys before settling for it.

Don't be a spoilsport!

I have not attacked you o, all I asked for was ONE reason why its a useless!
So far you've not given ANY!

You strike me as one who flows with the tide, you don't even have a rationale behind your comments!

They say Hyundais are bad, so you pick it up from there and help escalate the news you know next to nothing about!

@ pyramid777, keep building "pyramids" with your Elantra jare. No mind bad belle people.

1 Like

Re: Hyundai Elantra ! Beauty Defined In Car by MrCrackles(m): 5:26pm On Nov 21, 2008
Ma$e:

You don"t have to be rude to express yourself.
1-Na your motor? Wetin concern you with depreciation value?
The poster did all these surveys before settling for it.
2-Don't be a spoilsport!
I have not attacked you o, all I asked for was ONE reason why its a useless!
3-So far you've not given ANY!
You strike me as one who flows with the tide, you don't even have a rationale behind your comments!
They say Hyundais are bad, so you pick it up from there and help escalate the news you know next to nothing about!

1-Then why did the poster come to nairaland to ask for opinions, answer me?!
2-Get a life you peanut brained fool
3-And what about the depreciation value i talked about? is that not a reason or you are too blind to understand
Do us a favour yeh, read my posts thoroughly
You come here accusing me that i didnt say congrats, but it is there for all to see, you accused me i didnt give a reason why the car wasnt good, but it is there for all to see again!
what do you want apart from that?
I don't bloody dig Hyundai, i would say my mind and i don't care if you go to bed in a fucking Hyundai Elantra because it wont bother me!
I am not joining the bandwagon of people that dont like hyundai here, i was the first that posted about it not been the best
Since u like Hyundai, what if i say you are joining a bandwagon of people who like it or what if i say you are even the poster in disguise?!
Get a life, grow a brain or rot in hell!!
I aint got no more time for people that display large chunks of buffoonery!
Re: Hyundai Elantra ! Beauty Defined In Car by Mase3: 5:41pm On Nov 21, 2008
Thanks for the out bursts  grin grin grin

The stress level in Lagos is way too high, Nairaland is a good stress buster wink wink wink

Just can't stop laughing!!!

What is wrong with Hyundai Elantra?

NB the poster: ELANTRA USERS & FANS IN THE HOUSE GIVE ME YOUR OPINION ON THIS CAR.

If you were not an Hyundai user or a fan, you shouldn't have spoken that way making the poster have buyers' remorse?
I am not the poster.

Take it easy bros, abeg no vex, na play I dey play! grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Hyundai Elantra ! Beauty Defined In Car by Ollajay: 6:38pm On Nov 21, 2008
Ma$e:

Thanks for the out bursts grin grin grin

The stress level in Lagos is way too high, Nairaland is a good stress buster wink wink wink

Just can't stop laughing!!!

What is wrong with Hyundai Elantra?

NB the poster: ELANTRA USERS & FANS IN THE HOUSE GIVE ME YOUR OPINION ON THIS CAR.

If you were not an Hyundai user or a fan, you shouldn't have spoken that way making the poster have buyers' remorse?
I am not the poster.

Take it easy bros, abeg no vex, na play I dey play! grin grin grin

NOTE THAT THE POSTER ASKED FOR PPLE'S OPINION. BY DOING THAT, HE MAY GET OPINIONS DIFFERENT FROM HIS OWN. HE SHOULDNT HAVE ASKED IF HE DDNT WANT VIEWS THAT CONTRARY TO HIS OWN. THERE IS NO SENSIBLE BASIS TO SAY ANYONE HAS ANYTHING AGAINST THE POSTER SINCE NO ONE REALLY KNOWS HIM. WE ALL DONT SEE THINGS THE SAME WAY. I LIKE THE LOOK OF THE LATEST ELANTRA, BUT I AM NOT SURE OF ANYTHING OTHER THAN THAT. HE IS CONGRATULATED THOUGH HE NEVER ASKED TO BE CONGRATULATED.

ONCE AGAIN, CONGRATS!
Re: Hyundai Elantra ! Beauty Defined In Car by tyor: 7:51pm On Nov 21, 2008
Mr Crackles, u're definitely an epitome of a real NIGERIAN that lacks understanding and knowledge.

i am not a Pastor, but i know the book of Proverbs says, IT IS AS 'SPORT' TO A BIG FOOL (like you) TO DO MISCHIEF, A MAN OF UNDASTANDING HAS WISDOM.

what u should have put FIRST is what u put as a signature. MY BRODA, ITS A GOOD THING U HAVE, ENJOY UR SELF AND I HOPE U'LL SEE THIS MESSAGE BEFORE U DRIVE ON THE LONG BRIDGE. PLS DRIVE WITH CARE AND HAVE A GOOD TREAT WITH UR LADY.

MY COLLEAGUE AT WORK GOT DELIVERY OF HIS HYUNDAI TUCSON!

BAD BELLE , PEOPLE, MAKE UNA GO DIE LIKE FOWL
Re: Hyundai Elantra ! Beauty Defined In Car by Mase3: 8:11pm On Nov 21, 2008
@ Ollay, thanx, noted! But I believe one should not make the other sad by posting negative, baseless, comments
especially when it affects some other guy's happiness.
When the poster said hyundai owners and fans, I believe he meant fans of Elantra.
One man's meat is another man's poison. The poster likes what he bought, agreed?
Just my opinion. I think I have over-flogged this issue.
@ tyor, slow your roll, make we no insult each other,ok? We all dey learn. Thanx.
Have a great weekend.
Re: Hyundai Elantra ! Beauty Defined In Car by Nobody: 9:50pm On Nov 21, 2008
crackles was just expressing himself.
the poster should have known that this place is an online forum
and no one can say if Mr Crackles is a fan or user of the car.
u never can tell with anonimity
Re: Hyundai Elantra ! Beauty Defined In Car by MrCrackles(m): 7:04pm On Nov 22, 2008
bennygee:

crackles was just expressing himself.
the poster should have known that this place is an online forum
and no one can say if Mr Crackles is a fan or user of the car.
u never can tell with anonimity

Thank you jare

Very sensible of you

1 Like

Re: Hyundai Elantra ! Beauty Defined In Car by Mase3: 8:27pm On Nov 22, 2008
grin grin Mr Krackles, have a nice weekend.
Re: Hyundai Elantra ! Beauty Defined In Car by MrCrackles(m): 8:41am On Nov 23, 2008
Ma$e:

grin grin Mr Krackles, have a nice weekend.

And you too Mason Betha cheesy
Re: Hyundai Elantra ! Beauty Defined In Car by LightSon(m): 11:42am On Jan 13, 2009
pyramid777 enjoy ur ride. nothing do you. Hyundai Elantra actually beats Toyota Corolla in the latest ranking within its class. [ Ref: http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/cars-trucks/rankings/Affordable-Small-Cars/ ]
Elantra ranks 5th while Corolla ranked 13th. These rankings considered car performance, safety, exterior design, interior design, and reliabilty. In my opinion Toyota cars are actually overpriced, and moreso in Nigeria. It's a shame Nigerians are being ripped off for just brand name.

1 Like

Re: Hyundai Elantra ! Beauty Defined In Car by yvy1(f): 12:04pm On Jan 13, 2009
If I may ask where did yiu buy this car? How come it took 3 months? I hope you are planning to rock it till ur warrranty expires so that the depreciation value won't upset you when it's time to sell it. Congratulations all the same. We s'pose wash am with star or stout
Re: Hyundai Elantra ! Beauty Defined In Car by adeyemik: 1:00pm On Jan 13, 2009
@Pyramid77

Congrates on your new acquisition.

I once used an Elantra, it is a good car and enjoy it more when it rains and have to go through floody area. The floody water my toyota camry cannot go through, the Elantra goes through it and come out smiling. As regards engine performance it was very was very good.

However, Elantra has the following issues
1. The body frame is not solid. Pray that no one ram into any of your bumper, once it has a slight cut, stopping it from expanding will not be possible, so you have to start planning to get a new bumper if you want to keep the car's beauty. Though, the car's outer body frame my look frail but the inner frame and engine are strong. I once used the Elantra to pull/tow my Camry from Ekiti down to Lagos.

2. Never allow anyone to touch the car's brain box or to be removed to test on another car, if you do, you will be asking for problem. A friend of mine had the same Elantra, it was giving him problems and Naija mechanic said it was probably the Brain box that had a problem, so he advice that he needs to get a new brain box. My Elantra box was removed to test my friend's car and that was the beginning of the beginning of problem with my Elantra. The first problem I discovered was that the car's fuel consumption increased drastically, I had to buy another brain box, airflow meter etc, yet the problem was not solved. I had to resolve it by selling it off.

3. When on the highway and your speedo meter is clocking 150, the car becomes very very light. At the same speed with my Camry, I still feel the strong stability.

Nevertheless, Elantra if well maintain, like another car is a good car. What you have to ensure is that, the car is serviced by a good mechanic not a "kalokalo", "trial & error" mechanic.
Re: Hyundai Elantra ! Beauty Defined In Car by GoldCircle: 7:04pm On Jan 13, 2009

3 Likes

Re: Hyundai Elantra ! Beauty Defined In Car by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jan 13, 2009
Congratulations on your new car, Pyramid.

Not my kind of car to be honest.
I'm speaking from a purely technical and financial viewpoint.

I wouldn't touch one, but as long as you're happy, that's all that counts.
Re: Hyundai Elantra ! Beauty Defined In Car by KarmaMod(f): 7:22pm On Jan 13, 2009
Siena:

I'm speaking from a purely technical

Care to go in depth about this?

1 Like

Re: Hyundai Elantra ! Beauty Defined In Car by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jan 13, 2009
KarmaMod:

Care to go in depth about this?

Without delving too deep here;

The car's have been plagued with mechanical and electrical gremlins.
For a new car, they've had a lot of recalls on cars sold in the last year.
Body wise, they're ok, but mechanically, they're not worth the hassle, even if you're an engineer, and can do all your own repairs.

It depreciates like hell, after 2 years, it's lost so much in terms of value, you'll struggle to give it away.
A 2 year old Elantra 1,6 is worth less than a 5 year old Peugeot 206 1,1.

Bearing in mind, average period a company car's kept before replacement is 3 years, the Hyundai's not a brand to get one rushing to sign that cheque.
Hyundai's in the UK are very well spec'd, to make them attractive to buyers, but sales are still poor.

1 Like

Re: Hyundai Elantra ! Beauty Defined In Car by sultaan(m): 7:59pm On Jan 13, 2009
You should have gotten the Sonata grin
Re: Hyundai Elantra ! Beauty Defined In Car by Okijajuju1(m): 8:03pm On Jan 13, 2009
Hyundais!!  shocked   shocked

HELLZ NO. I dont care about the model, the depreciation value alone puts me of. At top speed, you actually feel like if the car had wings, it would fly.
I almost totaled my dad Santa fe 2008 last year. I was doing 130 on a very smooth road not knowing that somewhere ahead, the road was undulating (not a pot-hole o), and the car almost flipped. I know that jeeps generally have a that problem but I have only experienced such with korean cars namely KIA Sephia II and HYUNDAI Santa fe.

Anyways, congratulations on your whip, as I am sure you'll have a blast in it atleast now that its new.
Re: Hyundai Elantra ! Beauty Defined In Car by KarmaMod(f): 8:05pm On Jan 13, 2009
130, 150, why do you people speed so much?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

⚫brand New⚫ 2019 Mercedes-benz G63 AMG! Foreign Used! Up For Sale! / Toyota Camry 1998 Model For Sale / Sparkling Tokunbo 2006 Mercedes Benz CLS500 In Abuja ...price: N4.5m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.