Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,741 members, 7,851,551 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:28 PM

Hyundai Elantra ! Beauty Defined In Car - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Hyundai Elantra ! Beauty Defined In Car (7544 Views)

Shiny Silver 2013 Hyundai Elantra GLS (slightly Used) Selling For 2.3m / sold sold sold.Ruggedly Defined 2008 Wrangler Tier Jeep / PRE-ORDER RE-DEFINED*****30% UPFRONT*****COMMITMENT IS ALL WE NEED. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hyundai Elantra ! Beauty Defined In Car by Okijajuju1(m): 8:18pm On Jan 13, 2009
KarmaMod:

130, 150, why do you people speed so much?

I love fast cars/speed. And moreover, I was on an interstate.
Re: Hyundai Elantra ! Beauty Defined In Car by KarmaMod(f): 8:24pm On Jan 13, 2009
speed limit n ko?

I mean I speed too. People don't like riding when I drive because to them I'm a supposedly "maniac" embarassed but 130/150, hmm
Re: Hyundai Elantra ! Beauty Defined In Car by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jan 13, 2009
Okija_juju:

I love fast cars/speed. And moreover, I was on an interstate.

wing commander okija perparing for take off. . .
Re: Hyundai Elantra ! Beauty Defined In Car by Gifo(m): 8:49pm On Jan 13, 2009
Comparison of Elantra should be made wrt the class;compact car. It is cheaper by up to or more than N1.0m to Corolla,Civic, so depreciation may have been compensated for by the cheaper price.

If you want a stable car at traffic breaking speed, then save the money to buy cars in the large car class. Stability of Camry cannot be compared to that of Elantra simply becos they are not in the same class.

Meanwhile, all car makers have really come along way,Hyundai inclusive. Pls checkout 'recommended' Elantra review: http://consumerguideauto.howstuffworks.com/2009-hyundai-elantra-5.htm

2 Likes

Re: Hyundai Elantra ! Beauty Defined In Car by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jan 13, 2009
^^^ I'm not actually comparing the Elantra with a large family car.

On it's own, it's still not something I'd put my money into.
I've worked on enough of them to know their shortcomings, and they're legion!
Re: Hyundai Elantra ! Beauty Defined In Car by Mase3: 1:21pm On Jan 14, 2009
Please what electrical/ mechanical gremlins are we talking about here?

It's an economy car not a luxury/ fast car! If you want to make 140-260, why not opt for a BMW, MB, Jaguar etc

Depreciation-wise, all new cars depreciate fast!
Though the make/brand plays a very vital role, usage matters a lot too!

Toyota went through this "criticism" phase when the started in the Nigerian auto emporium too.
They had the likes of Peugeot, Benz, Volvo etc to contend with then.
A few decades down the line, look what they have achieved here!

Let's give the green horns a chance to soar (reviews even rate the higher than some of these "established"/ complacent brands!

Just my opinion.

1 Like

Re: Hyundai Elantra ! Beauty Defined In Car by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jan 14, 2009
^^^ Mase, relax.

Pyramid posted, and rightly wanted opinion, and that's what he got.
Some positive, some negative.

Let's keep the thread on track, and not derail it with technical detail.
Re: Hyundai Elantra ! Beauty Defined In Car by poshdre1(m): 9:05pm On Jan 14, 2009
@ Siena,

I really would appreciate if someone could go into a little bit of details.
It's not like we are derailing the thread, we just want to know why.

X is not good because , , not X is not good, period! Feel me?

Lets know why the have done some recalls, what snags this car has etc.
It's all a learning process, we want to keep learning, bro.

Regards.
Re: Hyundai Elantra ! Beauty Defined In Car by Gifo(m): 11:24pm On Jan 14, 2009
Infact, if you are in Nigeria you will find that there is a craze running for new compact cars; Kia,Hyundai and Chevrolet are also among the tops.

Specifically, where I work there is a drive to purchasing these mentioned cars simply because some other colleagues who had the courage to buy and use these cars earlier have not reported negative feedbacks as implied here. I used to be a sceptic as well, but I now know better.

Elantra and new Kia optima are a current drive among a number of my colleagues. I don't think they will go for these cars to waste their bucks. Not the Nigerians I know.

Anyway, we are currently waiting for the January batch of 2009 Hyundais in P.H. lol grin
Re: Hyundai Elantra ! Beauty Defined In Car by Mase3: 11:28am On Jan 15, 2009
Well spoken, Gifo!
Re: Hyundai Elantra ! Beauty Defined In Car by lee007(m): 1:54pm On Jan 15, 2009
Na wao for this una Nairaland sef, chairman no mind dem o, am very sure they drive a 1990 model right handed manual Jalopee grin.

But come to think of it, will i used my hard earned cash to buy Elantra, my guy the answer is NO! undecided

Sorry to disapoint you but in my Opinion cars like that are like comparing a rubber boot used in rearing cow is the north with Skechers USA grin

Congrats all the same wink
Re: Hyundai Elantra ! Beauty Defined In Car by poshdre1(m): 11:45pm On Jan 15, 2009
Different strokes for different folks!

One man's meat is another man's poison!

That's why we have an inexhaustible variety of everything (cars, men, women, food, drinks, houses, jobs, PCs, banks, clothes, kids, bike helmets, even religion etc) to choose from.

I guess we are all right in our own ways, our tastes and choices just differ.

If everyone liked the same set of things, the world would have been a boring place to live.

Cheerio.
Re: Hyundai Elantra ! Beauty Defined In Car by Jarus(m): 9:18am On Jan 16, 2009
Just bumped on this topic now.
A good friend of mine just hinted me few days ago that he wanted to purchase his first car, and eyeing a Hyundai Elantra. He sought my opinion on whether to go for it or any other brand, setting his budget at not more than N2.5m. I instantly advised him that I personally prefer popular brands like Honda and Toyota, but with 2.5m he may not be able to buy brand new of those ones. But in order not to sound as if I was commanding him, I told him Hyundai was not bad either, but he should not go for Kia(I just hate that brand).

However, since Hyundai office is just opposite my office, I helped him made enquiries last week and I was surprised Hyundai cars were that cheap.
I was given this list:
Elantra 1.6 MT 1.88m
Elantra 1.6 AT 2.29m
Elantra 2.0 MT 2.59m
Elantra 2.0 AT 2.69m
Elantra 2.0 AT 2.74m

I inspected the cars and liked them. Unfortunately I cannot say anything about the techical side, but these cars are beautiful and cheap to me.
Re: Hyundai Elantra ! Beauty Defined In Car by Nobody: 11:41am On Jan 16, 2009
i drive a brand new corolla - courtesy of my employers. i was bashed by a hit and run danfo driver in december. nasty dent. .
i don't want to think of what would have happened with a hyundai. . .

look in the traffic - there are so many dented toyotas, hondas, benzes still going. where are the hyundais?

why do i think a hyundai takes alicking and then stops ticking?
Re: Hyundai Elantra ! Beauty Defined In Car by poshdre1(m): 12:08pm On Jan 16, 2009
@ oyb,

Does it mean that when a car has dents, it stops moving?

Do you have any proof that the bodies of these new Japanese cars are stronger than the Asian cars?
Have you compared the crash test scores?

The safety rating of the 2009 Hyundai Elantra is 9.3 (ranked no. 5, overall) while that of the 2009 Toyota Corolla is 9.0 (it's ranked no. 13 overall); what does this say?
Proof? Here you go: http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/cars-trucks/rankings/Affordable-Small-Cars/

2009 award for "best compact car for the money" (Hyundai Elantra won again!):  http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/cars-trucks/Best-Cars-for-the-Money/

"The case of the Hyundai Elantra, the Best Compact Car for the Money, proves what many have been saying for years: Honda and Toyota should watch their backs because Hyundai is making not just economical cars, but very good ones."

The Awards

The Best Car for the Money awards use data from U.S. News' online automotive rankings (at www.rankingsandreviews.com) to find cars that are among the best in their class.  The rankings are based on the collective opinion of the automotive press, which helps to eliminate subjectivity and elevate expert opinion about each car.  The awards also take initial price into account, but more importantly, they incorporate the five-year total cost of owning the car.  Using data from IntelliChoice, an industry leader in determining new car values and ownership costs, the awards include how much buyers can expect to spend on maintenance and fuel, as well as how much of a hit they'll take from the car's depreciation. As a result, the awards tell you which cars are the best for your money over the long haul.

That's proof!

At work, one of our Corollas was hit by an Okada ( i used "okada"  so we don't think its a power bike) grin, we had to change the fender!

New cars have lighter bodies than the older cars. You can't compare a 1996 Camry's body with the 2007 Camry's.

The only car bodies that I can guarantee are the BMWs, Mercedes, Audi, Volvo, VW etc. 

GERMAN cars and very rugged!

2 Likes

Re: Hyundai Elantra ! Beauty Defined In Car by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jan 16, 2009
posh_dre:

The only car bodies that I can guarantee are the BMWs, Mercedes, Audi, Vovlo, VW etc ,  these are all GERMAN cars and very rugged too!

German cars are rugged - since we agree on that, we can be buddies! cheesy

Volvo's not German though, it's Swedish, same as Saab / Scania. wink
Re: Hyundai Elantra ! Beauty Defined In Car by poshdre1(m): 8:19pm On Jan 16, 2009
WE CAN BE BUDDIES, BRO! grin

My first car was an Audi 80, very rugged and reliable! I still see it around. Had a Golf 3 as well.
Done Nissan Altima, Sunny, Sentra, Rover 200 etc. All great cars especially the Altima (what a ride!).

I am about trying out the Hyundai Elantra, should get it before this month runs out!

It's an established fact that German cars are more rugged!

The price difference says it all: the cheapest BMW (1 series) costs over N5million, the Camry costs same!

The Golf 5 costs more than the Corolla!

Thanx, always thought Volvo was German! Just learnt something new today cheesy
Re: Hyundai Elantra ! Beauty Defined In Car by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jan 16, 2009
^^^ No worries, Dr Dre. It's all good. cool
Re: Hyundai Elantra ! Beauty Defined In Car by akinalabi(m): 3:01pm On Feb 01, 2009
I love the car and I'll like to get one in the next 30 days or
less. But this having to wait for months na di wahala.

How can I drop over N2m cash and then have to wait for
months. NO WAY!

If I can't pick it up same day, then no show.
Re: Hyundai Elantra ! Beauty Defined In Car by poshdre1(m): 11:18pm On Feb 01, 2009
ok
Re: Hyundai Elantra ! Beauty Defined In Car by Mase3: 11:36pm On Feb 01, 2009
@ akinalabi,

you can get it same week!

I paid on monday (last week) and got it on wednesday same week!

They have enough in stock.

You won't regret owning one at all!
Re: Hyundai Elantra ! Beauty Defined In Car by oky1: 6:01am On Aug 06, 2009
Believe it or not! Hyundai Elantra 2009 is the best car in town right now. In fact it's a gift at the current price of 2.295. Am enjoying it, if you have the money, please queue up.
Re: Hyundai Elantra ! Beauty Defined In Car by Emperoh(m): 1:23pm On Aug 06, 2009
Posh-Dre

Congrats on ya new acqusition
But i have to point out one thing! The reviews posted above are basically for the Hyundai meant for the American market.
Believe it or not, they have superior quality to what stallion give us in Nigeria. I am a living witness with this comparaison.
I have helped someone who couldn't queue for the Elantra a Hyubdai Motors to get same model from USA at a cheaper price and higher quality.
I was able to ascertain this after comparaison with the Nigeria version. Doubt me? I will give you details when i have the time!!

1 Like

Re: Hyundai Elantra ! Beauty Defined In Car by Sequoia(m): 6:55pm On Aug 06, 2009
Emperoh:

Posh-Dre

Congrats on ya new acqusition
But i have to point out one thing! The reviews posted above are basically for the Hyundai meant for the American market.
Believe it or not, they have superior quality to what stallion give us in Nigeria. I am a living witness with this comparaison.
I have helped someone who couldn't queue for the Elantra a Hyubdai Motors to get same model from USA at a cheaper price and higher quality.
I was able to ascertain this after comparaison with the Nigeria version. Doubt me? I will give you details when i have the time!!

please help us post the details
Re: Hyundai Elantra ! Beauty Defined In Car by Deichi(m): 10:26pm On Sep 07, 2009
mice ride, but mehn i hope you dont intend trusting ur life on those wheels
saw what it did to some of ma friends, they aint here to tell the story.
word of advice?, BE VICIOUSLY COSCIOUS. wink
Re: Hyundai Elantra ! Beauty Defined In Car by San2ski(m): 9:15am On Oct 08, 2014
I use an '98 AVANTE (Elantra) imported from Korea. Not the best of sounds and power when climbing or "taking off" but is not shy on the highway. Takes me comfortably and fearlessly around the East and South-south without fear.
Planning to get an 07 Tokunbo Elantra as a sign of gratitude soon but the guy put all his problems in the one I saw in Ph.
Any Toks suggestions please shocked shocked shocked kiss undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

»»» Sold!! Neat Golf4 Automatic 04 @ N590K Negotiable ««« / ✔️SOLD +2348097048807 Clean Foreign Used 2010 Toyota Corolla / 2012 Ford Edge Limited. 2005 Toyota Avalon. 2010 Bmw X6 All Fully Loaded......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.