Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,745 members, 7,824,146 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? (15545 Views)

How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? / Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? / Would God Send A Young Kid To Hell Fire? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by tempem: 7:42pm On Nov 06, 2014
Dewze:
are you saying that before satan was hurled down by Jesus, he(satan) was ruling the earth from heaven? Satan was ruling the earth while he was still with God in heaven?
Not at all.
Right from the spot where Adam and Eve listened to Satan other than God. They accepted Satan's as their controller other than God.
Remember that Satan showed all the kingdom of this world to Jesus Christ that if he just can show an act of worship to him, he'll give the kingdom of the world to him. (Gen 4:8,9.) And what you don't have will you give it out? definitely, No! So he offered Jesus Christ what he knew he had, and you'll see that Jesus Christ didn't deny that fact that he's(satan) in control.
But he became ruler when he was sent down permanently here... But humans were under his influence before he was hurled.
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by honourhim: 7:49pm On Nov 06, 2014
johnydon22:
i have been wondering, why did God send satan and other fallen angels down to earth.. why didnt he just kill him off or send him to one remote galaxy too far away from the milky way galaxy. so he threw satan down at us and started playing bet with the devil over souls is earth the only planet their is

Bro dont you see purpose in all these things? Since God is omnipotent, omnipresent and omniscient, it then means that none of this happenings(starting from the fall of Lucifer to the creation story and to the birth of Jesus etc) took him by surprise. He was aware before creation because he sees the end from the beginning. Going by what i ve said it means that all these were structured to fulfill purpose. My humble view.
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by Dewze(m): 8:09pm On Nov 06, 2014
tempem:

Not at all.
Right from the spot where Adam and Eve listened to Satan other than God. They accepted Satan's as their controller other than God.
Remember that Satan showed all the kingdom of this world to Jesus Christ that if he just can show an act of worship to him, he'll give the kingdom of the world to him. (Gen 4:8,9.) And what you don't have will you give it out? definitely, No! So he offered Jesus Christ what he knew he had, and you'll see that Jesus Christ didn't deny that fact that he's(satan) in control.
But he became ruler when he was sent down permanently here... But humans were under his influence before he was hurled.
in other words, until the death of Jesus on the cross, satan was not ruling the world but he owned it? He owned the world while he was still in heaven with God.
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by tempem: 8:13pm On Nov 06, 2014
Dewze:
in other words, until the death of Jesus on the cross, satan was not ruling the world but he owned it? He owned the world while he was still in heaven with God.
Yeah... Any issue with that?
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by Dewze(m): 8:18pm On Nov 06, 2014
tempem:

Not at all.
and after Jesus had conquered satan on earth, satan became a ruler on earth?
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by johnydon22(m): 8:18pm On Nov 06, 2014
honourhim:

Bro dont you see purpose in all these things? Since God is omnipotent, omnipresent and omniscient, it then means that none of this happenings(starting from the fall of Lucifer to the creation story and to the birth of Jesus etc) took him by surprise. He was aware before creation because he sees the end from the beginning. Going by what i ve said it means that all these were structured to fulfill purpose. My humble view.

thanks bro i appreciate... whose purpose and which purpose exactly...
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by Dewze(m): 8:19pm On Nov 06, 2014
tempem:

i will leave the issues to posterity.
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by johnydon22(m): 8:43pm On Nov 06, 2014
tempem:

he owned what he did not create.. are you kidding me so you are implying satan snatched the world God created from God and started ruling it.. and God must kill his son before he can take it back wow mehn i gat many issues with dat nawa ooogrin
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by honourhim: 9:30pm On Nov 06, 2014
johnydon22:

thanks bro i appreciate... whose purpose and which purpose exactly...

God's purpose. To manifest Wrath and mercy which are part of his attributes according to the scripture.

Without satan's rebelling God's wrath couldnt have been made manifest. Without sin by man God's mercy couldnt have been made manifest.

Also being a just God, there has to be positive and negative side that will manifest his just nature.

My humble views
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Nov 06, 2014
johnydon22:

you couldnt even answer my question... i didnt ask whether man sinned or not my question was simple WHY DID GOD SEND SATAN TO EARTH why did you take to insults instead of replying the op. and for the record if you still believe in genesis creation story then i dont see how i can argue with someone like you who is so dumb to believe a myth that even a little kid knows is myth... am not here to argue i asked just a simple question.

Nice reply to the primitive mind smiley
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by Nobody: 10:07pm On Nov 06, 2014
honourhim:

humble but silly view! angry

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Nov 06, 2014
God sending pest and parasites to the creation he loves with all his heart.....what a loving God. what a story!
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by wirelessssss(m): 10:12pm On Nov 06, 2014
Pr0ton:

Back up the bolded with a Bible verse or...

I give you the same uppercut *** duldged cheesy

I would have laughed, but I couldn't bring myself to because the name of the Lord is one Word That is enshrined in the alter of my being.

I take God seriously that I had to go beyond the compilation called Bible to seek Him. smiley
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by johnydon22(m): 10:15pm On Nov 06, 2014
honourhim:

God's purpose. To manifest Wrath and mercy which are part of his attributes according to the scripture.

Without satan's rebelling God's wrath couldnt have been made manifest. Without sin by man God's mercy couldnt have been made manifest.

Also being a just God, there has to be positive and negative side that will manifest his just nature.

My humble views

isnt prevention better than cure why would God do that just to prove his mercy and wrath whereas he could have just snapped his finger there would be no satan.
why create us if it was just to fulfill a purpose where he proves his wrath and mercy, so we are just lab rats right? . . . the idea of being a just God there must be positive and negative side that will manifest in his nature: are you by any means saying God is not all good
he created us, created the fruit of knowledge forbade man from eating it instead of not creating it at all, then allows the devil to rule us, his son dies before we could be forgiven of a sin that was committed by adam and eve not us. then later later he will come and vanquish the devil, retake the earth and punish the devil and humans that sin!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by Nobody: 10:34pm On Nov 06, 2014
Glory be to God Almighty, the father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
There should not be any compromise at all, as we are trying to edify our soul.
WHY GOD THREW Satan on EARTH
We all need to be very vigilant in the things that has to do with spiritual things. Boble is our standard. The Answer is in the word.
Satan was in heaven then, he was the seal of perfection, very beautiful, a choir, the wisest among the Angels, ability to ignite/illuminate light by himself and most especially, he was the closest to God among the Angels. He was given opportunity to walk through the mountain/fire of God.
His character couldnt sustain the position he held. He manifested pride and sold his beauty because of splendor. He was once a perfect angel, just like others. But one day God began to observe some strange character in this angels(demons). God observe sin in their life and in them first was darkness namifested. God gave unto them time/chances enough for them to repent but they always pursuit their destruction.
Satan desire the throne of God, he wanted to be like the most high, he wanted to be above the stars/angels of God. He was the first to be ignorance, disobey, lie, murder, steal, kill, commit errors, turn his light into darkness and SIN.
He persuaded other angels too which were like unto him to all work together as a team in rebelling against the GOD of the creation and the Uncreated Creator. God permited all this and give all the angels choice to belong to one side, God or satan.
Some angels/demons chose to follow satan while the rest chose to be on the Lord side. After the final screening the war began in Heaven while the devil and his angels lost the battle and was THROWN DOWN TO EARTH. He was behelded by Micheal/Jesus and his angels like a lightning splash from Heaven. The two edged sword casted him to Earth. He was too powerless to fight the Lord of glory. All he had was given by God/creator.
After he lost the battle, he knew who God is the more and he knew his fate.
God permited the division in Heaven to really know those who really loved him. Anything that is of force is out of love.
Satan became so furios because of his position, abode and beauty he lost and because of his uncahangeable and regretful fate he chose, he implemented the same into man and capture man. Where he was casted down his where we were going, so he made a vow that no man should ever make it there.
Have you not heard where demon said we can not burn alone, we have to burn together.
He concluded in his heart that since his fate his unchangeable that he should do the greatest evil to man. The devil focus on us as much as God does.
God permited him to tempt us because he wanted us to be screened as the Angels were, that is why those who are holy will someday be equal to an Angel.
WHY DID GOD THREW HIM ON EARTH
There is no doubt about it at all that God has more than enough power to destroy him instantly, but note this.
Judgement is different from power.
Judgement must be patiently done. They were reserved for the day of judgement. Judgement must not be done any how.
Power without control can become powerless.
I meet you in grace and i leave you with the same.
Amen.
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by allen6758: 10:38pm On Nov 06, 2014
Asking why did God send the devil to earth is really asking asking why does evil exist? People have been asking that question for a very long time and the truth is no one knows. We are taught in scripture how to deal with evil but not its purpose. Not to be too presumptuous but it is in overcoming adversity that strengthens us and builds our character. Good can come from some of the worst tragedies. Personally I see the story of the fall as a metaphor. It is in Revelations that it tells of the devil being cast down to earth. I wouldn't take that too literally. It is about the friction between our carnal desires and our spiritual inclinations. We have to keep our carnality in check not giving in to every desire we may have. We all have struggles but we do have a choice in the matter, we don't have to be evil we can do good if that is what we want. We have to find the balance between the carnal side of our existence and the spiritual. We do that by living as the bible teaches. Sin is when we use our natural inclinations in a distorted way.
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by johnydon22(m): 11:00pm On Nov 06, 2014
bambeolumide:
Glory be to God Almighty, the father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
There should not be any compromise at all, as we are trying to edify our soul.
WHY GOD THREW Satan on EARTH
We all need to be very vigilant in the things that has to do with spiritual things. Boble is our standard. The Answer is in the word.
Satan was in heaven then, he was the seal of perfection, very beautiful, a choir, the wisest among the Angels, ability to ignite/illuminate light by himself and most especially, he was the closest to God among the Angels. He was given opportunity to walk through the mountain/fire of God.
His character couldnt sustain the position he held. He manifested pride and sold his beauty because of splendor. He was once a perfect angel, just like others. But one day God began to observe some strange character in this angels(demons). God observe sin in their life and in them first was darkness namifested. God gave unto them time/chances enough for them to repent but they always pursuit their destruction.
Satan desire the throne of God, he wanted to be like the most high, he wanted to be above the stars/angels of God. He was the first to be ignorance, disobey, lie, murder, steal, kill, commit errors, turn his light into darkness and SIN.
He persuaded other angels too which were like unto him to all work together as a team in rebelling against the GOD of the creation and the Uncreated Creator. God permited all this and give all the angels choice to belong to one side, God or satan.
Some angels/demons chose to follow satan while the rest chose to be on the Lord side. After the final screening the war began in Heaven while the devil and his angels lost the battle and was THROWN DOWN TO EARTH. He was behelded by Micheal/Jesus and his angels like a lightning splash from Heaven. The two edged sword casted him to Earth. He was too powerless to fight the Lord of glory. All he had was given by God/creator.
After he lost the battle, he knew who God is the more and he knew his fate.
God permited the division in Heaven to really know those who really loved him. Anything that is of force is out of love.
Satan became so furios because of his position, abode and beauty he lost and because of his uncahangeable and regretful fate he chose, he implemented the same into man and capture man. Where he was casted down his where we were going, so he made a vow that no man should ever make it there.
Have you not heard where demon said we can not burn alone, we have to burn together.
He concluded in his heart that since his fate his unchangeable that he should do the greatest evil to man. The devil focus on us as much as God does.
God permited him to tempt us because he wanted us to be screened as the Angels were, that is why those who are holy will someday be equal to an Angel.
WHY DID GOD THREW HIM ON EARTH
There is no doubt about it at all that God has more than enough power to destroy him instantly, but note this.
Judgement is different from power.
Judgement must be patiently done. They were reserved for the day of judgement. Judgement must not be done any how.
Power without control can become powerless.
I meet you in grace and i leave you with the same.
Amen.

even tho the begining sounded just like fairy tale (perfect beings turning bad ) am still lost at the ending part. what has satan's judgement got to do with us.. you still did not answer my humble question WHY EARTH OF ALL PLACES.? why must satan be thrown down to earth instead of other unihabited planet
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by johnydon22(m): 11:05pm On Nov 06, 2014
allen6758:
Asking why did God send the devil to earth is really asking asking why does evil exist? People have been asking that question for a very long time and the truth is no one knows. We are taught in scripture how to deal with evil but not its purpose. Not to be too presumptuous but it is in overcoming adversity that strengthens us and builds our character. Good can come from some of the worst tragedies. Personally I see the story of the fall as a metaphor. It is in Revelations that it tells of the devil being cast down to earth. I wouldn't take that too literally. It is about the friction between our carnal desires and our spiritual inclinations. We have to keep our carnality in check not giving in to every desire we may have. We all have struggles but we do have a choice in the matter, we don't have to be evil we can do good if that is what we want. We have to find the balance between the carnal side of our existence and the spiritual. We do that by living as the bible teaches. Sin is when we use our natural inclinations in a distorted way.

after all said and done i think the conclusion we can all draw one explaination. Man created the concept of devil to explain why evil was on earth. . . even the creation story never blamed satan for the fall of adam and eve. it was the talking snake, which is why God punished snakes to crawl on its belly, it was later interpretation that said it was the devil. so the question of how evil existed on earth that led man to create the concept of devil/satan/lucifer. . . man was born neither good or bad. no man is evil and no man is good it is the choices we make in our actions that read good or bad

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by honourhim: 11:13pm On Nov 06, 2014
johnydon22:

isnt prevention better than cure why would God do that just to prove his mercy and wrath whereas he could have just snapped his finger there would be no satan.
why create us if it was just to fulfill a purpose where he proves his wrath and mercy, so we are just lab rats right? . . . the idea of being a just God there must be positive and negative side that will manifest in his nature: are you by any means saying God is not all good
he created us, created the fruit of knowledge forbade man from eating it instead of not creating it at all, then allows the devil to rule us, his son dies before we could be forgiven of a sin that was committed by adam and eve not us. then later later he will come and vanquish the devil, retake the earth and punish the devil and humans that sin!!!

You see this is why i said that all these are for a purpose. God is a creator, for him to allow what he could ve prevented to happen indicates that there is a purpose.

Dont you think that being a creator who knows the end from the beginning all these things that have happened and are happening could actually be his concept about the world- a place of evil and good, while heaven is a place of total good and hell a place of total evil?

Again in line with this, dont you think that creations are structured to manifest the person of God, both his attributes and concept?

All that I'm saying are my own views.though. We are just reasoning out things.
Thanks.
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by johnydon22(m): 11:29pm On Nov 06, 2014
honourhim:

You see this is why i said that all these are for a purpose. God is a creator, for him to allow what he could ve prevented to happen indicates that there is a purpose.

Dont you think that being a creator who knows the end from the beginning all these things that have happened and are happening could actually be his concept about the world- a place of evil and good, while heaven is a place of total good and hell a place of total evil?

Again in line with this, dont you think that creations are structured to manifest the person of God, both his attributes and concept?

All that I'm saying are my own views.though. We are just reasoning out things.
Thanks.

then assuming i agree with what you say, earth is a place of good and bad and heaven only good while hell total evil... then the purpose becomes keep man in a place of both evil and bad, no its not bad enough add the devil to it. then later judge man who is in a place of good and bad for being bad and throw him inside hell fire.
as long as we are on this earth we can never be totally good or totally bad, we can never be like God. like you said he is in a place of total goodness so he can never be bad.... and this issue of good and bad on earth being his concept for earth what about other planets. . . my question still rings WHAT WAS THE PURPOSE FOR ALLOWING SOMETHING THAT NEED NOT HAPPEN THAT YOU HAVE EASILY PREVENTED... WHY WAS THE DEVIL HURLED DOWN TO EARTH to deal with man and later on man will be hurled down to hell to continue being dealt with by satan... in all this struggle for power, man is now the victim caught in the cross fire. what could just have taken a snap of a finger to prevent
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by larryozomah(m): 11:32pm On Nov 06, 2014
johnydon22:
i have been wondering, why did God send satan and other fallen angels down to earth.. why didnt he just kill him off or send him to one remote galaxy too far away from the milky way galaxy. so he threw satan down at us and started playing bet with the devil over souls is earth the only planet their is

The kind of question people ask eh......So who do you expect to answer this question now... God PA abi
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by Image123(m): 11:33pm On Nov 06, 2014
johnydon22:

Are you born again? If no, do you intend to become born again once the question is answered or what exactly is the plan?
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by johnydon22(m): 11:43pm On Nov 06, 2014
Image123:

Are you born again? If no, do you intend to become born again once the question is answered or what exactly is the plan?

please sir tell me exactly what you mean by BORN AGAIN
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by johnydon22(m): 11:45pm On Nov 06, 2014
larryozomah:

The kind of question people ask eh......So who do you expect to answer this question now... God PA abi

lmao...so you dont know the amswer na grin
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by tempem: 3:28am On Nov 07, 2014
johnydon22:

he owned what he did not create.. are you kidding me so you are implying satan snatched the world God created from God and started ruling it.. and God must kill his son before he can take it back wow mehn i gat many issues with dat nawa ooogrin
The Bible said it, point blank that Satan is the ruler of this world... .. John 12:31... And 1john 5:19.. Check Bible verses sir.
It's difficult to believe, but your Bible will make you believe.
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by Pr0ton: 6:32am On Nov 07, 2014
wirelessssss:

I would have laughed, but I couldn't bring myself to because the name of the Lord is one Word That is enshrined in the alter of my being.

I take God seriously that I had to go beyond the compilation called Bible to seek Him. smiley

Through hallucination, right?
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by honourhim: 7:35am On Nov 07, 2014
johnydon22:

then assuming i agree with what you say, earth is a place of good and bad and heaven only good while hell total evil... then the purpose becomes keep man in a place of both evil and bad, no its not bad enough add the devil to it.

Satan was the one who led man into evil. That's why I said that these happenings are for purposes. Satan fulfilled that purpose of leading man to evil and he is still doing that today thereby making the world a place of both evil and good. Rev 13:8 shows that the redemption plan was made from the foundation of the world. This shows that God knew that man will sin even before he created him. For him to have gone ahead to create shows its part of his plan. Except if we are saying that some of these things took God unawares. Its just my view which may be wrong. God knows the best.

johnydon22:

. then later judge man who is in a place of good and bad for being bad and throw him inside hell fire.

But its not everybody that is going to hell. Those who choose heaven are also making heaven. His concept in this case is choice.

johnydon22:

as long as we are on this earth we can never be totally good or totally bad, we can never be like God. like you said he is in a place of total goodness so he can never be bad....

We are not going to heaven because of our being good but by accepting Jesus into our lives and leaning on his grace daily. Tho some preachers say it as if its by our goodness. No its not. Our righteousness is as filthy rag before God. Heaven is very easy to make by God's grace. People think its hard to make. Its not.
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by Image123(m): 10:52am On Nov 07, 2014
johnydon22:

please sir tell me exactly what you mean by BORN AGAIN

To be born of God, to have repented and to be or claim to be a child of God.
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by johnydon22(m): 11:19am On Nov 07, 2014
tempem:

The Bible said it, point blank that Satan is the ruler of this world... .. John 12:31... And 1john 5:19.. Check Bible verses sir.
It's difficult to believe, but your Bible will make you believe.

so the devil was hurled down here to rule the earth
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by johnydon22(m): 11:23am On Nov 07, 2014
honourhim:

Satan was the one who led man into evil. That's why I said that these happenings are for purposes. Satan fulfilled that purpose of leading man to evil and he is still doing that today thereby making the world a place of both evil and good. Rev 13:8 shows that the redemption plan was made from the foundation of the world. This shows that God knew that man will sin even before he created him. For him to have gone ahead to create shows its part of his plan. Except if we are saying that some of these things took God unawares. Its just my view which may be wrong. God knows the best.

But its not everybody that is going to hell. Those who choose heaven are also making heaven. His concept in this case is choice.

We are not going to heaven because of our being good but by accepting Jesus into our lives and leaning on his grace daily. Tho some preachers say it as if its by our goodness. No its not. Our righteousness is as filthy rag before God. Heaven is very easy to make by God's grace. People think its hard to make. Its not.

so satan led man to sin, would he have done that if he was not hurled down here in the first place. . . you said God planned it all so the redemption plan can take place... but why not just dont let it happen and man wouldnt sin and no need for the redemption scene to take place... how can you know your child will be hit by a car instead of preventing it, you let the child get hit in hope to take him to hospital....hmmmmmm LOVE!!!
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by johnydon22(m): 11:24am On Nov 07, 2014
Image123:

To be born of God, to have repented and to be or claim to be a child of God.

if thats what you mean then yes am a born again and am looking for answers or am i just to believe what is conflicting my reason i believe i have the right to ask questions!!!
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by wirelessssss(m): 11:41am On Nov 07, 2014
Pr0ton:

Through hallucination, right?
Through reading more books. I have ever since realized that God is God and His Will which manifests in the Laws are Perfect!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Six Kinds Of People You Will Find In A Church In Naija / Why Do People Name Their Children 'jacob'. Is The Name Even Good? / Why Do People Get Scared Of Ember Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.