Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,906 members, 7,956,412 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:27 AM

Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? (15942 Views)

How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? / Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? / Would God Send A Young Kid To Hell Fire? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by johnydon22(m): 11:52am On Nov 08, 2014
Shirley07:

Earth is certainly the only planet where living creatures can survive. Moreover, the only thing God did was to throw down Satan from heaven and nothing else.
We all know that Satan is powerful enough to roam around all the planets, we're talking of a being who has constant access to meet God to give his records- Job 1:6-7.
What I'm saying is satan has the means to go anywhere, save for heaven. And since earth is the only conducive place for the living creatures out there, he's bound to be here.
Personally, I think the question you should have asked is why didn't God strip him of his power but we all know the answer which is, God's gifts is without repentance. That's why you can still see some ministers of God speak in tongues, perform miracles and do other wonderful things, even while in sin and without the holy spirit. Of course, the holy spirit has surely left them but the gifts that came with the Spirit are retained in them.
I already told you that despite satan's power, man was more powerful until he disobeyed God. The same way Jesus is more powerful than satan but the difference is Jesus didn't fall into satan's temptation.
If at all you want to blame anyone as a typical nigerian do, blame Adam and Eve who disobeyed God and chose satan over him because if Jesus could overcome satan's temptation despite the sinful world he lived, why couldn't Adam and Eve who were in a perfect world? You should know that the moment man bowed to satan, he became his slave.
However, God has given us another chance to partake in that perfect world and also, lifted us once again above satan, through the shedding of the blood of his son. So, rejoice!

lol so you think out of trillions of planets only 1 holds life... hahahahaha ignorance!!!
dont worry you only have to wait a little time before you hear extra terrestial life has been discovered...i wonder what your opinion will be then.
and for the record satan can still go to heaven even stand before God like we saw in the fairy tale book of job, he was still even termed among the sons of God...lol
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by sukkot: 12:44pm On Nov 08, 2014
johnydon22:

are you saying lucifer was still in heaven when christ was here on earth?
yes lucifer was still in heaven when christ was on earth. this is why christ had to pay taxes to julius caesar. julius caesar ( luciferian head ) was in heaven ( rulership )
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by Image123(m): 12:59pm On Nov 08, 2014
johnydon22:

i want to know not believe... believing something means having complete faith in it whether its true or not but i for one dont just want to believe i want to know...

Not all knowledge is profitable or necessary though, like Eve had knowledge and got many people into trouble. You don't need the technical knowledge and details to use a phone or computer for instance. So i say again, you are not required to believe who or why satan is on earth. Again, what will your knowledge and understanding of this matter help you to achieve?
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by honourhim: 1:04pm On Nov 08, 2014
Emusan:

And you still want me to be specific, specific on what?

OK let me put it this way, God created Lucifer WITH ABILITY OF REASONING because Lucifer has A MIND likewise other Angels & Man and God knows that Lucifer can misuse this POWER OF REASONING but every created BEINGS that have MIND also have COMMANDMENTS TO FOLLOW IN OTHER NOT TO MISUSE IT.

Hope it's cleared now?

Your explanations are not wrong bro. What i mean by specific is to give a yes or no answer as he has indicated below.

johnydon22:

No i need a specific answer...DID GOD KNOW LUCIFER WILL TURN BAD BEFORE CREATING HIM ?? just answer YES or NO...no more long talks... just answer me yes or no shikena
johnydon22:

No i need a specific answer...DID GOD KNOW LUCIFER WILL TURN BAD BEFORE CREATING HIM ?? just answer YES or NO...no more long talks... just answer me yes or no shikena
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by johnydon22(m): 1:26pm On Nov 08, 2014
Image123:

Not all knowledge is profitable or necessary though, like Eve had knowledge and got many people into trouble. You don't need the technical knowledge and details to use a phone or computer for instance. So i say again, you are not required to believe who or why satan is on earth. Again, what will your knowledge and understanding of this matter help you to achieve?

how am i to blindly believe what i dont know, example if i tell you now that i am using an iphone6 do you blindly believe i am using a phone because i know a phone, i can type with it, i know how to answer a call with it.
the problem with all this is that religion doesnt give room to questions, they will say believe by faith even when am wrong. i for one cannot do that anymore i am entitled to ask questions.
even this question here i still among the least questions i have and am sure you yourself have questions but you are just to afraid to ask.
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by Emusan(m): 2:26pm On Nov 08, 2014
honourhim:

Your explanations are not wrong bro. What i mean by specific is to give a yes or no answer as he has indicated below.

Is like the same thing is affecting two of you.

So you just want me to say Yes/No; when my post has already answered that.

No wonder people who profess themselves to be wise became the opposite.
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by Emusan(m): 2:28pm On Nov 08, 2014
johnydon22:

See my respond above
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Nov 08, 2014
Lordabas:

Because God gave satan one time to rule b4 he comes and destroy satan and all of the bad things with him...
This world is ruled by the wicked one... I guess He sent satan here to test how strong your faith is in him.
Don't allow satan to influence you
sonoflucifer chai must he test our faith fvcking god.wel itz jzt fantasi
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by honourhim: 2:42pm On Nov 08, 2014
Emusan:

Is like the same thing is affecting two of you.

So you just want me to say Yes/No; when my post has already answered that.

No wonder people who profess themselves to be wise became the opposite.

Its like you are not confident in your teaching. Why is a simple yes or no very difficult for you to say? Or you can still say you don't know.

Attacking people when they question your teaching is wrong bro. Go and learn how to teach first. You can't force people to swallow your teaching, you can only reason with them. Thanks.
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by Shirley07: 5:22pm On Nov 08, 2014
johnydon22:

lol so you think out of trillions of planets only 1 holds life... hahahahaha ignorance!!!
dont worry you only have to wait a little time before you hear extra terrestial life has been discovered...i wonder what your opinion will be then.
and for the record [b]satan can still go to heaven even stand before God like we saw in the fairy tale book of job, he was still even termed among the sons of God...lol
You got it all wrong, Satan doesn't have access to heaven. However, there is a certain place between heaven and earth where he do meet with God to give his account.
And no, he isn't among the sons of God. You need to study that scriptural verse again, it says '...when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, satan came also among them. And the lord said unto satan whence comest thou?...'. This tell us that satan wasn't supposed to come along with the sons of God at that moment but he came. That was why God asked him that question.
And let me tell you this, no life have been discovered in any other planet. Until then, earth remains the only planent with living creatures.
Even if there were other planets that support life, satan still his means of moving around the whole planet.
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by johnydon22(m): 9:23pm On Nov 08, 2014
Shirley07:

You got it all wrong, Satan doesn't have access to heaven. However, there is a certain place between heaven and earth where he do meet with God to give his account.
And no, he isn't among the sons of God. You need to study that scriptural verse again, it says '...when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, satan came also among them. And the lord said unto satan whence comest thou?...'. This tell us that satan wasn't supposed to come along with the sons of God at that moment but he came. That was why God asked him that question.
And let me tell you this, no life have been discovered in any other planet. Until then, earth remains the only planent with living creatures.
Even if there were other planets that support life, satan still his means of moving around the whole planet.

hahahahaha so theirs a place between heaven and earth where God go so he can meet with satan, and at the same time when the he saw satan among the sons of God he was suprised... lol do u even listen to yourself...how can he be suprised lucifer was there when they do meet at that exact place i love the way ur imagination works in concorting this fallacy of ambiguity grin... and practically lucifer is among the sons of God cus he was an angelic being created by God, and all the angelic beings are regarded as sons of God... unless you mean to tell me he wasnt created by God...and even in that book of job it still shows that lucifer reports to God which means he is still subordinate, why dont God just call the prodigal son to order or better still make him non-existent since he created lucifer. but No he prefers playing betting with lucifer (his creation) over human souls which he created too... wow grin
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by johnydon22(m): 9:32pm On Nov 08, 2014
Emusan:

See my respond above

lol bros forget the response above just yes or no and i will be ok... why is it hard for you to say yes or no grin I WONDER hehehehehe
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by Image123(m): 10:07pm On Nov 08, 2014
johnydon22:

how am i to blindly believe what i dont know, example if i tell you now that i am using an iphone6 do you blindly believe i am using a phone because i know a phone, i can type with it, i know how to answer a call with it.
the problem with all this is that religion doesnt give room to questions, they will say believe by faith even when am wrong. i for one cannot do that anymore i am entitled to ask questions.
even this question here i still among the least questions i have and am sure you yourself have questions but you are just to afraid to ask.

i say this AGAIN for the umpteenth time. You are not required to believe or understand anything about who sent devil or why the devil is sent. You have so far being unable to show me how your understanding of this particular matter of the thread will help you.
Like i stated earlier, not everyone is required or needs to know the technical details of a phone or computer to use it. By technical details, i refer to all the specifications and internal workings that the manufacturers, engineers and technicians would know. Even little issues as the RAM size, processor speed, chip ratings are not necessary for the average phone and computer user. To insist that you would not use a phone or computer unless you open it up and know how to pieces the screen, the flex, ICs and other things borders on the ludicrous. One may have a iPhone6 and never know how to repair or open it, it doesn't stop you from enjoying all its functions. Same thing with earth and life. You do not need to understand the whole of life before you live your life or enjoy it. Some undergraduate students know more about crude oil and its formation processes etc than some oil barons do. Which one would you rather be?
If you told me you were using an iPhone6, i would not doubt you. Why should i? i do not know you, and i do not exactly care what phone you use, so why should i doubt you. Your choice of phone(use) hardly affects me. Same with your OP, you have not shown how it affects you. If you could show that, maybe we could talk on it. But you yourself already know and say that it is a very little question and issue.
Now, christianity gives room for questions, why not? Jesus was often asked questions, and He answered many as much as He could. He is the Example i suppose. The Bible itself is an answer to many of man's questions. However, there are silly questions, meaningless questions, useless questions, unnecessary questions, unreasonable questions etc. No normal person would spend time on such type of questions, it is not just religion or whatever. If silly questions, meaningless questions, useless questions, unnecessary questions, unreasonable questions are asked in the academic world, or at hospitals, or towards government and politics, or sportsmen, or even celebrities, you would not always be encouraged on such. So, please feel free to ask reasonable questions and be PREPARED to also discuss intelligently and assimilate.
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by Shirley07: 10:09pm On Nov 08, 2014
johnydon22:

hahahahaha so theirs a place between heaven and earth where God go so he can meet with satan, and at the same time when the he saw satan among the sons of God he was suprised... lol do u even listen to yourself...how can he be suprised lucifer was there when they do meet at that exact place i love the way ur imagination works in concorting this fallacy of ambiguity grin... and practically lucifer is among the sons of God cus he was an angelic being created by God, and all the angelic beings are regarded as sons of God... unless you mean to tell me he wasnt created by God...and even in that book of job it still shows that lucifer reports to God which means he is still subordinate, why dont God just call the prodigal son to order or better still make him non-existent since he created lucifer. but No he prefers playing betting with lucifer (his creation) over human souls which he created too... wow grin
Who told you God was suprised?
The scriptures made it clear it the sons of God were to meet with God at that very moment but Satan came along with them. Of course satan has his time of meeting with God but rather than wait, he chose to come with the sons. And fyi, satan lost that right to be called son of God the moment he stood up against God. It's quite simple to understand. If you can't, it's aint my fault nor God's fault.
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by johnydon22(m): 10:13pm On Nov 08, 2014
Shirley07:

Who told you God was suprised?
The scriptures made it clear it was the sons of God that were to meet with God at that very moment but came along with them. Of course satan has his time of meeting with God but rather than wait, he came along with the sons. And satan lost that right to be called son of God the moment he stood up against God. It's quite simple to understand. If you can't, it's aint my fault nor God's fault.

grin all this ones you are saying no deh for job ooo, i advice you go write your own version of job...lol...so you are saying satan lost his right as one of God's creation when he rebelled tell me more hehehehe grin
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by johnydon22(m): 10:15pm On Nov 08, 2014
Image123:

i say this AGAIN for the umpteenth time. You are not required to believe or understand anything about who sent devil or why the devil is sent. You have so far being unable to show me how your understanding of this particular matter of the thread will help you.
Like i stated earlier, not everyone is required or needs to know the technical details of a phone or computer to use it. By technical details, i refer to all the specifications and internal workings that the manufacturers, engineers and technicians would know. Even little issues as the RAM size, processor speed, chip ratings are not necessary for the average phone and computer user. To insist that you would not use a phone or computer unless you open it up and know how to pieces the screen, the flex, ICs and other things borders on the ludicrous. One may have a iPhone6 and never know how to repair or open it, it doesn't stop you from enjoying all its functions. Same thing with earth and life. You do not need to understand the whole of life before you live your life or enjoy it. Some undergraduate students know more about crude oil and its formation processes etc than some oil barons do. Which one would you rather be?
If you told me you were using an iPhone6, i would not doubt you. Why should i? i do not know you, and i do not exactly care what phone you use, so why should i doubt you. Your choice of phone(use) hardly affects me. Same with your OP, you have not shown how it affects you. If you could show that, maybe we could talk on it. But you yourself already know and say that it is a very little question and issue.
Now, christianity gives room for questions, why not? Jesus was often asked questions, and He answered many as much as He could. He is the Example i suppose. The Bible itself is an answer to many of man's questions. However, there are silly questions, meaningless questions, useless questions, unnecessary questions, unreasonable questions etc. No normal person would spend time on such type of questions, it is not just religion or whatever. If silly questions, meaningless questions, useless questions, unnecessary questions, unreasonable questions are asked in the academic world, or at hospitals, or towards government and politics, or sportsmen, or even celebrities, you would not always be encouraged on such. So, please feel free to ask reasonable questions and be PREPARED to also discuss intelligently and assimilate.

i wonder if your teacher asked you what you would do with pythagoras theorem before teaching you that... i need knowledge i want to know, it doesnt concern you what i do with the knowledge... i still havent gotten an answer to my question yet... the option still remains YES OR NO
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by Image123(m): 10:38pm On Nov 08, 2014
johnydon22:

i wonder if your teacher asked you what you would do with pythagoras theorem before teaching you that... i need knowledge i want to know, it doesnt concern you what i do with the knowledge... i still havent gotten an answer to my question yet... the option still remains YES OR NO

My teacher knew that i would need the pythagoras' theorem. i also knew that i would need it. i saw it in the syllabus even.
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by johnydon22(m): 10:57pm On Nov 08, 2014
Image123:

My teacher knew that i would need the pythagoras' theorem. i also knew that i would need it. i saw it in the syllabus even.

then same here i would need this knowledge... what i need it for is sorely my business grin......still gat my question on YES or NO...am still waiting for an answer
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by Nobody: 12:04am On Nov 09, 2014
johnydon22:

God isnt playing betting... He has given His son Jesus Christ to us. to bring us into all understandings.... Believe in Jesus Christ and be saved...
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by johnydon22(m): 8:43am On Nov 09, 2014
crixtex:

God isnt playing betting... He has given His son Jesus Christ to us. to bring us into all understandings.... Believe in Jesus Christ and be saved...

are they not dragging souls even tho jesus has died. wont most people still go to hell
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by Image123(m): 11:29am On Nov 09, 2014
johnydon22:

then same here i would need this knowledge... what i need it for is sorely my business grin......still gat my question on YES or NO...am still waiting for an answer

Unfortunately, as the teacher giving you this knowledge, i don't see how you need this knowledge and you're yet to clearly or simply tell me why you'd need the knowledge. Your answer will wait till you need it.
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by johnydon22(m): 11:40am On Nov 09, 2014
Image123:

Unfortunately, as the teacher giving you this knowledge, i don't see how you need this knowledge and you're yet to clearly or simply tell me why you'd need the knowledge. Your answer will wait till you need it.

lol just tell me you dont know which one to say because its obvious you know if you say either yes or no.. u implicate urself
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by Image123(m): 12:05pm On Nov 09, 2014
johnydon22:

lol just tell me you dont know which one to say because its obvious you know if you say either yes or no.. u implicate urself
Yes or No to what? I'm not under any sort of pressure to reply you or answer you, you know?
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Nov 09, 2014
johnydon22:

are they not dragging souls even tho jesus has died. wont most people still go to hell
For God so loved the world that He gave up his son, whosoever believes on Him wouldnt perish buh have eternal life. If Jesus is ur lord, u ve no business with hell. Jesus will giv u d powee and grace to live the way God wants us to live...
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by Emusan(m): 12:51pm On Nov 09, 2014
johnydon22:

lol bros forget the response above just yes or no and i will be ok... why is it hard for you to say yes or no grin I WONDER hehehehehe

You and honourhim still have the same problem "poor comprehension" sorry to say this because a person with high comprehension CAN READ THROUGH MY POSTS THAT I HAVE ANSWERED YOUR QUESTION as YES with additional fact to buttress it.

For you to come back and asked me to say YES/NO is pathetic.

I know what you want after I answer Yes is to ask "then why did God create Lucifer again since God knows Lucifer will rebel?"

But I've encoded everything in my previous post even the question you haven't ask.

Or if I say NO then you will say God is not omniscient.

This is the summary of my previous post:

God wants to create and God did create everything including BEINGS that will possess A MIND and EVERY BEING THAT POSSESSED MIND must also have the POWER OF REASON if not the MIND WILL BE USELESS and God knows that this power of reason can be misused THOUGH GOD STILL WENT AHEAD TO CREATE but God also placed commandment/rule/law to follow in other not to overuse this ability.

Here my explanation didn't stop on Lucifer alone but ALL CREATED BEING WITH MIND because some Angels even Adam are Vitim of it.

I guess you want to know whether God single handedly know Lucifer will rebel and still goes ahead to create him; that one is sure! because EVERYTHING CREATED BY God HAVE THEIR own PURPOSE of been created the rebellion of Lucifer to become an OPPOSITION shouldn't rule out the purpose God created him for before the fall.

God knows that the WHOLE world won't accept the sacrifice of Jesus YET He goes further to send Jesus TO DIE FOR THE SIN OF THE WORLD, does it mean the purpose of sending Jesus won't be achieved?

Yes it will be achieved even NOT THE WHOLE world that Jesus died for will accept Him.

Shalom!
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by gatiano(m): 2:13pm On Nov 09, 2014
Read some books or listen on youtube the teachings of the Nation of Islam, with open mind, everything will come to light. now, i'm not saying join, read and the rest is your choice.

http://www.finalcall.com/artman/publish/Columns_4/article_101637.shtml
johnydon22:
i have been wondering, why did God send satan and other fallen angels down to earth.. why didnt he just kill him off or send him to one remote galaxy too far away from the milky way galaxy. so he threw satan down at us and started playing bet with the devil over souls is earth the only planet their is
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by johnydon22(m): 3:47pm On Nov 09, 2014
Image123:

Yes or No to what? I'm not under any sort of pressure to reply you or answer you, you know?

hahahahaha grin grin
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by johnydon22(m): 3:48pm On Nov 09, 2014
Image123:

hahahahahahahahahahahaha dodging typical please we are done grin grin
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by johnydon22(m): 3:49pm On Nov 09, 2014
crixtex:

For God so loved the world that He gave up his son, whosoever believes on Him wouldnt perish buh have eternal life. If Jesus is ur lord, u ve no business with hell. Jesus will giv u d powee and grace to live the way God wants us to live...

why arent christians living like that
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by johnydon22(m): 3:52pm On Nov 09, 2014
Emusan:

You and honourhim still have the same problem "poor comprehension" sorry to say this because a person with high comprehension CAN READ THROUGH MY POSTS THAT I HAVE ANSWERED YOUR QUESTION as YES with additional fact to buttress it.

For you to come back and asked me to say YES/NO is pathetic.

I know what you want after I answer Yes is to ask "then why did God create Lucifer again since God knows Lucifer will rebel?"

But I've encoded everything in my previous post even the question you haven't ask.

Or if I say NO then you will say God is not omniscient.

This is the summary of my previous post:

God wants to create and God did create everything including BEINGS that will possess A MIND and EVERY BEING THAT POSSESSED MIND must also have the POWER OF REASON if not the MIND WILL BE USELESS and God knows that this power of reason can be misused THOUGH GOD STILL WENT AHEAD TO CREATE but God also placed commandment/rule/law to follow in other not to overuse this ability.

Here my explanation didn't stop on Lucifer alone but ALL CREATED BEING WITH MIND because some Angels even Adam are Vitim of it.

I guess you want to know whether God single handedly know Lucifer will rebel and still goes ahead to create him; that one is sure! because EVERYTHING CREATED BY God HAVE THEIR own PURPOSE of been created the rebellion of Lucifer to become an OPPOSITION shouldn't rule out the purpose God created him for before the fall.

God knows that the WHOLE world won't accept the sacrifice of Jesus YET He goes further to send Jesus TO DIE FOR THE SIN OF THE WORLD, does it mean the purpose of sending Jesus won't be achieved?

Yes it will be achieved even NOT THE WHOLE world that Jesus died for will accept Him.

Shalom!

ok sir thank you since you cant even answer the question simply... we are done with the agreement.... thank you very much for your time...like
albert einstern said "if you cannot explain it simply then you dont understand it well enough"
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by johnydon22(m): 3:53pm On Nov 09, 2014
gatiano:
Read some books or listen on youtube the teachings of the Nation of Islam, with open mind, everything will come to light. now, i'm not saying join, read and the rest is your choice.

http://www.finalcall.com/artman/publish/Columns_4/article_101637.shtml

lol this one convert me to islam... lol nice try but no, thanks.... that one even worse pass
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by olovsbol(m): 4:02pm On Nov 09, 2014
johnydon22:
i have been wondering, why did God send satan and other fallen angels down to earth.. why didnt he just kill him off or send him to one remote galaxy too far away from the milky way galaxy. so he threw satan down at us and started playing bet with the devil over souls is earth the only planet their is
God descend him frm paradise because he dis obey His word.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Cardinal Sodano Summons Cardinals To Rome / Which Pastor Inspires You? / Biblical Ways Of Developing Self-control

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.