Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,115 members, 7,828,973 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

Fashola Condemns Deployment Of Unknown Men In Black Uniform On Roads In Lagos, D - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Condemns Deployment Of Unknown Men In Black Uniform On Roads In Lagos, D (3628 Views)

BRT Taskforce Rock Blue & Black Uniform Like Nigeria Police (photos) / Fashola Condemns Attacks On Jonathan / Governor Fashola Condemns Military Attack On BRT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola Condemns Deployment Of Unknown Men In Black Uniform On Roads In Lagos, D by newsnow: 4:22pm On Nov 06, 2014
Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola (SAN), Tuesday denounce the deployment of men in black uniforms purportedly to manage traffic on roads in the State saying both the agency and the deployment constitute an illegality by the Federal Government.

Governor Fashola, who spoke in an interview with journalists at the Nigeria Police College Parade Ground, Ikeja venue of the 5th Year Anniversary of Uniformed Voluntary Clubs in Lagos State Public Schools, said the whole act amounted to a misuse of the Subsidy Re-investment and Empowerment (SURE-P) programme funds.

The Governor noted that since the agencies authorized by law to manage traffic on the State’s and Federal roads - the Lagos State Traffic Management Agency (LASTMA) and the Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC) - are fully on ground in the State, the deployment of some men and women in black uniforms on the same roads must be for purposes other than traffic management.

He expressed regrets that instead of re-investing the fund, which, according to him, was the savings on the subsidy following the expenditure of over N2 trillion, to empower Nigerians and improve their lives, it is now being dissipated on political organizations in wanton desperation to win elections adding that such misuse of the funds was a total departure from its purpose of improving the lives of Nigerians.

Governor Fashola told newsmen, “It is for Nigerians and Lagosians to now ask themselves honestly whether the Federal Government and the President have been honest with us, because they said this SURE- P money would be used to improve the life of Nigerians”.

On the activities of the men in black uniforms on Lagos and Federal roads, the Governor said, “I know that in the season of elections, you will see all sorts of misbehaviour. The reports were brought to me that they were men of FERMA, I think that is what they have done with SURE-P money”.

“They told us that the savings were going to be used to improve our lives, so you see how it is improving our lives, setting up an organization that has no law two or three months before elections; an organization that does nothing”, he said pointing out that SURE-P money should be going into the repair of Federal Highways in the State such as the Tin-Can Island - Apapa- Oshodi Expressway where, according to him, a container fell and crushed a car on Monday as a result of the dilapidated nature of the road.

Governor Fashola stated that SURE-P Funds are being dissipated to win elections instead of improving the lives of Nigerians

Alerting Lagosians that the black uniformed men may be on the roads to precipitate confusion, Governor Fashola declared, “This is a method that has been tried before in 2006 and the results it produced were roundly defeated; so if they go back to a method that does not work, we will not be provoked, we expect that at some point in time commonsense will prevail”.

“They have no right to manage traffic ; the only agencies empowered by law to manage traffic in Lagos is LASTMA and Federal Road Safety on Federal roads, and citizens should just resist them and refuse to cooperate with them”, the Governor said..com

BY: Ifedayo Akinwalere

2 Shares

Re: Fashola Condemns Deployment Of Unknown Men In Black Uniform On Roads In Lagos, D by Anyi3(m): 4:35pm On Nov 06, 2014
Is it those federal task force peeps?
Haba oga Fash, don't you want NOI to say FG created thousands of jobs? grin

Nigeria is so so funny.

TAN please explain to us the job description.

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Condemns Deployment Of Unknown Men In Black Uniform On Roads In Lagos, D by Nobody: 4:36pm On Nov 06, 2014
that strange cos the other agencies i know who wear black apart from the police are elite units such as SBS of the Navy ,DSS and Army special forces. WHY will they control traffic .
Re: Fashola Condemns Deployment Of Unknown Men In Black Uniform On Roads In Lagos, D by Nobody: 4:42pm On Nov 06, 2014
It is immature for someone that calls himself Governor, not to send a secure message to the Federal arm, asking who the men in blacks are, and what they are doing on the roads in Lagos.

Again, Are these men in black, as you describe FERMA officials, not on Federal Roads ?

Why do you chose to call them 'men in black' instead of just FERMA ?

Again, why is Fashola acting as if he is not a lawyer... Oh, I remember, he is just a Property Lawyer, whose specialty has been taking over beaches and taking lands from communities, cos even a charge and bail lawyer knows where to channel his questions instead of lamentation according to St. Jan.jaweed.

I am disappointed in you, my dear Governor.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Condemns Deployment Of Unknown Men In Black Uniform On Roads In Lagos, D by Nobody: 4:44pm On Nov 06, 2014
in france we dont put uniform people at the middle of road

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Condemns Deployment Of Unknown Men In Black Uniform On Roads In Lagos, D by ogaofficer(m): 4:53pm On Nov 06, 2014
Vicyus space booker. But i schooled in france.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Condemns Deployment Of Unknown Men In Black Uniform On Roads In Lagos, D by Anyi3(m): 4:59pm On Nov 06, 2014
Billyonaire:
It is immature for someone that calls himself Governor, not to send a secure message to the Federal arm, asking who the men in blacks are, and what they are doing on the roads in Lagos.

Again, Are these men in black, as you describe FERMA officials, not on Federal Roads ?

Again, why is Fashola acting as if he is not a lawyer... Oh, I remember, he is just a Property Lawyer, whose specialty has been taking over beaches and taking lands from communities, cos even a charge and bail lawyer knows where to channel his questions instead of lamentation according to St. Jan.jaweed.

He is technically the Chief Security Officer, he has every right to question people in his state. Just as the FG didn't run it through him before taking such a decision, he doesn't have to run it through FG to voice his complaint.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Condemns Deployment Of Unknown Men In Black Uniform On Roads In Lagos, D by Nobody: 5:07pm On Nov 06, 2014
Anyi3:

He is technically the Chief Security Officer, he has every right to question people in his state. Just as the FG didn't run it through him before taking such a decision, he doesn't have to run it through FG to voice his complaint.

I am not against a Governor, complaining to the Federal Government, about presence of Federal Government workers on Federal Roads, but I am against a Governor, knowing where and how to channel his grievances but choosing to ventilate his frustrations to the masses each time he goes out to commission street lights.

Fashola, I know you always read my messages. Please do the right thing, place a call to the Federal Ministry of Works, dude. Dont be silly my dear Governor, you are a SAN.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Condemns Deployment Of Unknown Men In Black Uniform On Roads In Lagos, D by Walphem(m): 5:13pm On Nov 06, 2014
Where are the SURE-P buses? At least they reportedly sent 7 buses to Lagos...I can't find one on the expressway from Ota-CMS, Berger-Mile2, Okomiko- Ikorodu etc. Why can't they buy more buses and ensure they are well maintained to ease traffic in the state, instead of the Men in Black that were just 'waving' hands on the Express calling that traffic control.
My 1kobo

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Condemns Deployment Of Unknown Men In Black Uniform On Roads In Lagos, D by desgiezd(m): 5:30pm On Nov 06, 2014
Billyonaire:

If you were Fashola, it then means you would have placed a call to FERMA asking them who were the men in black uniform and what their mission was. As a governor, the FG should have consulted him before embarking on this exercise and not the other way round.

I do not wish to bring party politics to this discussion but the reason is compelling: Do you think FERMA would do this in a state controlled by PDP say, Akwa Ibom, Kaduna or Ekiti without first consulting the governor?

6 Likes

Re: Fashola Condemns Deployment Of Unknown Men In Black Uniform On Roads In Lagos, D by Nobody: 5:34pm On Nov 06, 2014
desgiezd:

If you were Fashola, it then means you would have placed a call to FERMA asking them who were the men in black uniform and what their mission was. As a governor, the FG should have consulted him before embarking on this exercise and not the other way round.

I do not wish to bring party politics to this discussion but the reason is compelling: Do you think FERMA would do this in a state controlled by PDP say, Akwa Ibom, Kaduna or Ekiti?
Yes, to your last question. The Federal Government by law, has rights to deploy Federal Agents to any State within the Federation. The Governors are sub-heads representing the President. If any Governor, who was elected under the Federal laws by the way, has issues with Federal Administration, he should contact Minister of State, the Federal Agency and as last resort, the Presidency to ask questions.

Let me ask Fashola this question:
My dear Governor, why are you uncomfortable with Federal agents, being on Federal Roads ? Do you have something to hide ? If they are conducting traffic, is it not a good thing ?

10 Likes

Re: Fashola Condemns Deployment Of Unknown Men In Black Uniform On Roads In Lagos, D by dplordx(m): 5:37pm On Nov 06, 2014
Billyonaire:

I thought you are dead and rotting in a stinking grave you low-life scum!

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Condemns Deployment Of Unknown Men In Black Uniform On Roads In Lagos, D by Nobody: 5:39pm On Nov 06, 2014
dplordx:

I thought you are dead and rotting in a stinking grave you low-life scum!
Stop insulting. I like you.

5 Likes

Re: Fashola Condemns Deployment Of Unknown Men In Black Uniform On Roads In Lagos, D by tit(f): 5:40pm On Nov 06, 2014
Fashola is crying because he has to find a way to pay Tinubu's Lastma thugs.
He can nomore let them lose on hapless lagosians.

5 Likes

Re: Fashola Condemns Deployment Of Unknown Men In Black Uniform On Roads In Lagos, D by Ngwakwe: 5:48pm On Nov 06, 2014
Billyonaire:

Please give him the respect as Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN) if you think he doesn't merit it as a Governor .

He deserve your respect though you may disagree with his submissions.
Re: Fashola Condemns Deployment Of Unknown Men In Black Uniform On Roads In Lagos, D by Nobody: 5:49pm On Nov 06, 2014
Ngwakwe:

Please give him the respect as Senior Advocate of Nigeria.

He deserve your respect though you may disagree with his submissions.
The same way he respects the President ? Why is he the only APC Governor infected by Amaechi syndrome ? We have Oshiomole and Rochas being constructive in their criticisms, but my Governor Fashola is alway so bitter and emotional.

8 Likes

Re: Fashola Condemns Deployment Of Unknown Men In Black Uniform On Roads In Lagos, D by MrTeymee(m): 5:50pm On Nov 06, 2014
tit:
Tinubu is crying because he has to find a way to pay Tinubu's Lastma thugs.
He can nomore let them lose on hapless lagosians.

Are you really this d.umb or its just an act?

1 Like

Re: Fashola Condemns Deployment Of Unknown Men In Black Uniform On Roads In Lagos, D by ibedun: 6:02pm On Nov 06, 2014
Federal Power show.

Has a lot to do with the coming election and the PDP / APC dogma.

The enemy within (the Igbos) have a hand in this.

HOWEVER my best governor by a long shot, you have spoken and your word is power! but asking people not to cooperate with authority in a large city like Lagos is ........somewhat low and regrettable.

So who are these people in black?

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Condemns Deployment Of Unknown Men In Black Uniform On Roads In Lagos, D by Olufemiolaolu(m): 6:02pm On Nov 06, 2014
Billyonaire:

Thoughtless post. Do u think @ all?

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Condemns Deployment Of Unknown Men In Black Uniform On Roads In Lagos, D by vicadex07(m): 6:13pm On Nov 06, 2014
PDP Ole. They want to steal our votes in Lagos. They will never succeed.

Few months to the general elections they are now employing touts under the guise of traffic controllers.

PDP and saTANists, your plan to steal Lagos will fail and you will at the same time loose the presidential polls.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Condemns Deployment Of Unknown Men In Black Uniform On Roads In Lagos, D by Nobody: 6:19pm On Nov 06, 2014
Olufemiolaolu:
Thoughtless post. Do u think @ all?
Let me guess, you APC nematode. Those are the only set of sub-humans that insult without a directed attack at them.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Condemns Deployment Of Unknown Men In Black Uniform On Roads In Lagos, D by Nobody: 6:51pm On Nov 06, 2014
ogaofficer:
Vicyus space booker. But i schooled in france.
lol. na invesment i dey do
Re: Fashola Condemns Deployment Of Unknown Men In Black Uniform On Roads In Lagos, D by erunz(m): 6:52pm On Nov 06, 2014
When you complain about some road in Lagos, Fashola will is FG road now FG is deploying is own task force on the said FG roads, he is now claim it to be LAGOS road. My on summition is that Lagos control your road, while FG do same. If he Fashola says its because of election, why did he relax the ban on Okada in some area few months to election after making some families suffer with no alternative after their bike where seized. I cannot be deceived by any All Propaganda Congress (APC).

1 Like

Re: Fashola Condemns Deployment Of Unknown Men In Black Uniform On Roads In Lagos, D by tit(f): 7:08pm On Nov 06, 2014
vicadex07:
PDP Ole. They want to steal our votes in Lagos. They will never succeed.

Few months to the general elections they are now employing touts under the guise of traffic controllers.

PDP and saTANists, your plan to steal Lagos will fail and you will at the same time loose the presidential polls.

you ApigC think you are the oonly ones that have sense.
if APigC steal the votes,
then somebody can steal the stolen votes from you.
1-1 goalless draw.
Re: Fashola Condemns Deployment Of Unknown Men In Black Uniform On Roads In Lagos, D by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:27pm On Nov 06, 2014
Billyonaire:

Learn how to use punctuation marks so that you won't be misconstrued.
Re: Fashola Condemns Deployment Of Unknown Men In Black Uniform On Roads In Lagos, D by fr3do(m): 7:30pm On Nov 06, 2014
Body dey shack this man, there are 36 states in Nigeria, Lagos is one.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Condemns Deployment Of Unknown Men In Black Uniform On Roads In Lagos, D by timawoku(m): 8:14pm On Nov 06, 2014
Fash needs to slowdown on this one, majority of the so called 'men in black' are lagosians recruited, he does not want to be infamous now does he? Your excellency, thread softly o.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Condemns Deployment Of Unknown Men In Black Uniform On Roads In Lagos, D by Acidosis(m): 9:06pm On Nov 06, 2014
This disgruntled arrogant element again?

Why is this man so f00lish and arrogant? I really want to know

1 Like

Re: Fashola Condemns Deployment Of Unknown Men In Black Uniform On Roads In Lagos, D by ogaofficer(m): 9:07pm On Nov 06, 2014
Viciyus:

lol. na invesment i dey do
aiit if you make ftc dedicate am nd make sure ma name dae there
Re: Fashola Condemns Deployment Of Unknown Men In Black Uniform On Roads In Lagos, D by diportivo: 9:20pm On Nov 06, 2014
If only the said monies was used to fix bad portions that causes traffic on these roads embarassed...
Re: Fashola Condemns Deployment Of Unknown Men In Black Uniform On Roads In Lagos, D by diportivo: 9:21pm On Nov 06, 2014
If only the said money was used to fix bad portions that causes traffic on these roads embarassed...
Re: Fashola Condemns Deployment Of Unknown Men In Black Uniform On Roads In Lagos, D by 100Cents: 9:46pm On Nov 06, 2014
Viciyus:
in france we dont put uniform people at the middle of road

Even her in China. grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

AIT Tags PDP National Convention "Desperation". / Even if Buhari presents Nepa bill, I will vote for him- Victor Ikpeba / Festus Keyamo Shreds Gej, Endorses Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.