Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,982 members, 7,866,683 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 11:13 PM

According To Prof. Wole Soyinka: "Only Four Sets Of People Can Vote For The PDP" - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / According To Prof. Wole Soyinka: "Only Four Sets Of People Can Vote For The PDP" (8438 Views)

Photos : Namadi Sambo Hands Over Aguda House To Prof. Yemi Osinbajo / A Nairalander Open Letter To Prof Yemi Osinbajo / Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: According To Prof. Wole Soyinka: "Only Four Sets Of People Can Vote For The PDP" by MichaelSokoto(m): 9:22pm On Nov 06, 2014
mikeansy:
The PDP is not a great party and to that extent the OP is right, but what is the alternative?
JAMB kwestion!

2 Likes

Re: According To Prof. Wole Soyinka: "Only Four Sets Of People Can Vote For The PDP" by SeverusSnape(m): 9:23pm On Nov 06, 2014
Did the professor really say this... which means he's insulting some of the Nigerian electorate. Everyone has a right to vote for who he or she feels will salvage the situation of the country, Even though one chooses to vote Shekau... hitler or Idi Amin, It's their choice. I still doubt this though, Cos a learned man of his calibre can't stoop so low.

1 Like

Re: According To Prof. Wole Soyinka: "Only Four Sets Of People Can Vote For The PDP" by slimfit1(m): 9:25pm On Nov 06, 2014
dplordx:

Your father, and your entire generation all together no reach this man slippers. Useless buffon!

Haahahahhhahahhhhhhhhhhhhh
hahahahah

haha I go laugh oh

1 Like

Re: According To Prof. Wole Soyinka: "Only Four Sets Of People Can Vote For The PDP" by samento: 9:37pm On Nov 06, 2014
mikeansy:
PDP has not always lived up to expectation. They are not a great political party by world class standard.

Jonathan Goodluck is not a charismatic leader nor a great leader!

But it is too easy to criticise PDP in isolation without suggesting who the alternative is.

Compared to Democrats or Republicans in USA, PDP is rubbish! But I will vote PDP 10 times before APC and I will also vote Jonathan 100 times before Buhari.

So the Professor has to provide what in his wisdom is a relative assessment of PDP in a Nigerian context. You can't just benchmark PDP against nothing and say " do not vote PDP".

Please who do we vote instead?
If PDP continue to rule this country for four years more, I bet you, you will not be able to train your children because of the level of poverty we must have found ourselves.

1 Like

Re: According To Prof. Wole Soyinka: "Only Four Sets Of People Can Vote For The PDP" by Nobody: 9:40pm On Nov 06, 2014
samento:
If PDP continue to rule this country for four years more, I bet you, you will not be able to train your children because of the level of poverty we must have found ourselves.

The country is making progress under GEJ

Whenever GEJ leaves he will leave a country better than he met! That's what counts

It's about what u build not who you tear down

2 Likes

Re: According To Prof. Wole Soyinka: "Only Four Sets Of People Can Vote For The PDP" by atinukedam(f): 9:54pm On Nov 06, 2014
dplordx:

Your father, and your entire generation all together no reach this man slippers. Useless buffon!
bro I beg tak am easy ooo
Re: According To Prof. Wole Soyinka: "Only Four Sets Of People Can Vote For The PDP" by focus7: 9:57pm On Nov 06, 2014
Seconded

1 Like

Re: According To Prof. Wole Soyinka: "Only Four Sets Of People Can Vote For The PDP" by Lanrefreshkid: 9:59pm On Nov 06, 2014
Aderostock:

Wole Soyinka-- A noble Winner, A human Activist, A hero, A Scholar, A Professor, An Achiever and many more. Who can beat these in Nigeria?

lol..i guess Oga Jona and his flying jet pastors..PDP is the reason i hate politics
Re: According To Prof. Wole Soyinka: "Only Four Sets Of People Can Vote For The PDP" by Nobody: 10:10pm On Nov 06, 2014
tobechi20:
yoruba bigot ..y was he speechless when obasanjo ruled

I guess you were not born then or you were living in Somalia.

FYI, Soyinka was a prominent critic of the Obasanjo regime including his selection of Yar'Adua.

3 Likes

Re: According To Prof. Wole Soyinka: "Only Four Sets Of People Can Vote For The PDP" by felifeli: 10:13pm On Nov 06, 2014
atinukedam:
bro I beg tak am easy ooo

I know him, don't worry. He has a giant portrait of kongi in a corner of his bedroom , with seven candle in front of it.He prostrates for the portrait every night before he sleeps and every morning when he wakes up. grin grin grin
Re: According To Prof. Wole Soyinka: "Only Four Sets Of People Can Vote For The PDP" by Nobody: 10:16pm On Nov 06, 2014
dazangel11:

Then he can take his opinion and shove it

Gullibility is your problem. A random fellow said something and you quickly formed an opinion about the prof.

Anywhere belle face. SMH...

2 Likes

Re: According To Prof. Wole Soyinka: "Only Four Sets Of People Can Vote For The PDP" by emmasege: 10:17pm On Nov 06, 2014
omerta:
You are such a big _retard! Google up some of Soyinka's anti-Buhari topics, buffoon.
You are d biggest dullard I've ever seen. Did I mention buhari in my post?, is buhari d alpha & omega of APC?. U must learn to analyse issues objectively. I'm not absolving PDP of their failures, but I want a situation where the nobel laureate also criticizes d APC & dr respective state govts constructively. Or is he telling us that their governors and governments are flawless?. His body language, utterances, presence & romance wt APC givernors leave no objective mind in doubt that he's for d self acclaimed "progressives". And like someone rightly said the conscience of the nation (gani fawehinmi) is since dead. He criticized obj & tinubu alike when it was necessary. I remember he once even said tinubus AD was Alliance for Destruction. Even Femi Falana who pretends to be Ganis successor finds it difficult to be non partisan. Have u ever heard Femi or Soyinka criticize any APC govt? As for me, I've since started seeing soyinka as a partisan politician. And for ur info, am neither a supporter of Jonathan & would've loved a situation whereby d opposition gives us a better candidate which they don't have among d five contenders. So, I'd rather pitch my tent with a known devil.

1 Like

Re: According To Prof. Wole Soyinka: "Only Four Sets Of People Can Vote For The PDP" by Tranquill: 10:38pm On Nov 06, 2014
See how people are fighting over something posted and attributed to Wole Soyinka without any source to verify if its true or just the figment of the OPs imagination.

1 Like

Re: According To Prof. Wole Soyinka: "Only Four Sets Of People Can Vote For The PDP" by eunisam: 11:21pm On Nov 06, 2014
Full meaning of APC:Arewa People's Congress, the militia wing of the Arewa Consultative Forum who actually form the BOKO HARAM.
Re: According To Prof. Wole Soyinka: "Only Four Sets Of People Can Vote For The PDP" by pring: 11:42pm On Nov 06, 2014
emmasege:
Before nko?, isn't his son a serving commissioner in Amosuns APC government. Wole Soyinka has for long ceased to be a national conscience. He's never seen anything wrong in APC, & he's always against PDP. This is not how a Yoruba elder behaves. Agbo ejo enikan da, agba osika ni. Let him enrol in OBJs school of wisdom. OBJ criticizes both d PDP & d APC, & that's y he still earns the respect of both sides.
Simply because he said the truth.
are people blind? Do u enjoy sufferings.
PDP n GEJ will is clueless.
Re: According To Prof. Wole Soyinka: "Only Four Sets Of People Can Vote For The PDP" by acenazt: 3:29am On Nov 07, 2014
Aderostock:

Wole Soyinka-- A noble Winner, A human Activist, A hero, A Scholar, A Professor, An Achiever and many more. Who can beat these in Nigeria?
Nobel price winner.
Re: According To Prof. Wole Soyinka: "Only Four Sets Of People Can Vote For The PDP" by Myself2(m): 3:40am On Nov 07, 2014
[size=14pt]The ignorant,self-serving,political opinions of an evil,senile cultist like Soyinka means nothing to honest,God-fearing,politically-intelligent,non-cultists in Nigeria that far outnumber Wole Soyinka and his dubious evil troop[/size]

3 Likes

Re: According To Prof. Wole Soyinka: "Only Four Sets Of People Can Vote For The PDP" by Myself2(m): 3:45am On Nov 07, 2014
dazangel11:

Then he can take his opinion and shove it

[size=16pt]GBAM[/size],he should shove it way up his,,,,,,,,,,,

Anuofia

Wole Soyinka...........Misleading Nigerian youth into cultism since 1900

2 Likes

Re: According To Prof. Wole Soyinka: "Only Four Sets Of People Can Vote For The PDP" by Nobody: 4:14am On Nov 07, 2014
freezone4real:
According to Professor Wole Soyinka, "Only four sets of people can vote for the PDP:

(1) Those who are intellectually blind,

(2) those who are blinded by ethnicity,

(3) those who are blinded by corruption and therefore afraid of the unknown, should power change hands, &

(4) those who are suffering from a combination of the above terminal sicknesses"

It's a pity that this man is tumbling downwards before our eyes ,meddling into dirty political games and allowing himself to be used in this shameful manner.
A man who once stood for truth
Who suffered for the truth and was tortured for the truth
Now a shadow of everything he stood for
What a sad thing to behold

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: According To Prof. Wole Soyinka: "Only Four Sets Of People Can Vote For The PDP" by Nobody: 4:20am On Nov 07, 2014
emmasege:
Before nko?, isn't his son a serving commissioner in Amosuns APC government. Wole Soyinka has for long ceased to be a national conscience. He's never seen anything wrong in APC, & he's always against PDP. This is not how a Yoruba elder behaves. Agbo ejo enikan da, agba osika ni. Let him enrol in OBJs school of wisdom. OBJ criticizes both d PDP & d APC, & that's y he still earns the respect of both sides.

And it hurts
When he said ( in the height of condemnations from all and sundry) that patience Jonathan had every right to be Perm sec in bayelsa in inabsentia I knew something was amiss,I suspected he was know being bankrolled by aso rock
After his meddling in the Amaechi saga I knew the man had changed employment and lost it completely
Amaechi sacked elected LGA chairmen,Soyinka said nothing but came swinging at patience Jonathan
A man who has been married thrice taking a swing at someone's wife
So APC is his better alternative ?
The same APC where a man bought a bed for 50 million naira amidst months of owed salary and pension
I believe Nigeria's conscience died with the death of Gani Fawehinmi RIP
Soyinka is turning out to be a big disgrace in his old age
He is now like that cellophane we see on the expressway
Without a will
Trailer will pass,it will rise and follow it a while and then come down,tipper will pass same thing
Okada sef will pass,it will fly up in the air and say here I am send me

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: According To Prof. Wole Soyinka: "Only Four Sets Of People Can Vote For The PDP" by Myself2(m): 4:32am On Nov 07, 2014
babyosisi:

And it hurts
When he said patience a Jonathan had every right yo be Perm sec inabsentia I knew something was amiss,I suspected he was know being bankrolled by aso rock
After his meddling in the Amaechi saga I knew the man had changed employment and lost it completely
Amaechi sacked elected LGA chairmen,Soyinka said nothing but came swinging at patience Jonathan
A man who has been married thrice taking a swing at someone's wife
So APC is his better alternative ?
The same APC where a man bought a bed for 50 million naira amidst months of owed salary and pension
I believe Nigeria's conscience died with the death of Gani Fawehinmi RIP
Soyinka is turning out to be a big disgrace in his old age

He is now like that cellophane we see on the expressway
Without a will
Trailer will pass,it rise and follow it,tipper will pass same thing
Okada sef will pass,it will fly up in the air

He has lost the respect of so many discerning Nigerians,save for the gullible few that are either members of his secret cult or APC goons.It's a shame how he has descended so low into being an errand boy for mischievous politicians

5 Likes

Re: According To Prof. Wole Soyinka: "Only Four Sets Of People Can Vote For The PDP" by saintneo(m): 4:32am On Nov 07, 2014
GboyegaD:
The challenge is our idea of democracy which is "where do I get ny bread buttered" and not who can govern better.

What is the difference? I am not being sarcastic here, from a leader's perspective; both are the same.

NB: [i]Buttering[i/] my bread: Making me have a better life ..... food, shelter, basic amenities, etc

Better governance is still the same thing.

Unless, you mean something else. So, from your perspective, what is the difference?
Re: According To Prof. Wole Soyinka: "Only Four Sets Of People Can Vote For The PDP" by Nobody: 4:34am On Nov 07, 2014
Myself2:

He has lost the respect of so many discerning Nigerians,save for the gullible few that are either members of his secret cult or APC goons.It's a shame how he has descended so low into being an errand boy for mischievous politicians

I admired that man a great deal
Not anymore
Anyone who is sincere and in his position ought to blast both APC and PDP
They are all crooks
But it looks like some crooks are now sustaining him financially
Tambuwal was evil yesterday and today he picks up a broom,he is now a saint

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: According To Prof. Wole Soyinka: "Only Four Sets Of People Can Vote For The PDP" by joseph1832(m): 4:39am On Nov 07, 2014
Of course the Professor made a valid point! Seeing that time has proved beyond doubt that majority of Nigeria's population consists of what professor Wole Soyinka just mentioned.
Re: According To Prof. Wole Soyinka: "Only Four Sets Of People Can Vote For The PDP" by Myself2(m): 4:53am On Nov 07, 2014
babyosisi:

I admired that man a great deal
Not anymore
Anyone who is sincere and in his position ought to blast both APC and PDP
They are all crooks
But it looks like some crooks are now sustaining him financially
Tambuwal was evil yesterday and today he picks up a broom,he is now a saint

What a shame
Re: According To Prof. Wole Soyinka: "Only Four Sets Of People Can Vote For The PDP" by yashau(m): 5:35am On Nov 07, 2014
dplordx:

Re: According To Prof. Wole Soyinka: "Only Four Sets Of People Can Vote For The PDP" by Akinsz: 5:53am On Nov 07, 2014
tobechi20:
yoruba bigot ..y was he speechless when obasanjo ruled
you need brain transplant
Re: According To Prof. Wole Soyinka: "Only Four Sets Of People Can Vote For The PDP" by GboyegaD(m): 6:10am On Nov 07, 2014
saintneo:

What is the difference? I am not being sarcastic here, from a leader's perspective; both are the same.

NB: [i]Buttering[i/] my bread: Making me have a better life ..... food, shelter, basic amenities, etc

Better governance is still the same thing.

In essence, most people will vote for you because of what they get from you and not how you can eventually improve the economy of the state/nation.

Unless, you mean something else. So, from your perspective, what is the difference?
Re: According To Prof. Wole Soyinka: "Only Four Sets Of People Can Vote For The PDP" by chamboy(m): 6:15am On Nov 07, 2014
PDP Has a Very bad record in Southwest... dey are like plague to us
Re: According To Prof. Wole Soyinka: "Only Four Sets Of People Can Vote For The PDP" by CharliParker: 8:14am On Nov 07, 2014
Vote OWELLE ROCHAS OKOROCHA FOR. PRESIDENT
Re: According To Prof. Wole Soyinka: "Only Four Sets Of People Can Vote For The PDP" by hazyfm: 8:21am On Nov 07, 2014
dazangel11:

I wonder. Hope soyinka is not asking us to vote apc

We have to keep trying.. Till we get the right person
We can't settle for less
I love change, not the APC Change.. But change in general
Every new govt comes with new ideas and at one point will praise the past administration
I think having GEJ for another four years will be so boring, because it can't be better than his previous 4 years
Or maybe this time, he will completely remove the remaining subsidy, and Nigerians even his supporters will start crying again

God help NIGERIA

1 Like

Re: According To Prof. Wole Soyinka: "Only Four Sets Of People Can Vote For The PDP" by larryUG(m): 8:45am On Nov 07, 2014
Aderostock:

U forgot to add a murderer. have u fgtn he started cultism in Nigerai and his action has led to d death of thousands of youths?

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See The Military Officer Likely To Become Biafra's Chief Of Army Staff (photo) / All Yoruba Obas Are Useless Including Oba Of Lagos / Osinbajo Calls For Improvement In CPI Ranking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.