Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,490 members, 7,861,410 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 11:47 AM

According To Prof. Wole Soyinka: "Only Four Sets Of People Can Vote For The PDP" - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / According To Prof. Wole Soyinka: "Only Four Sets Of People Can Vote For The PDP" (8427 Views)

Photos : Namadi Sambo Hands Over Aguda House To Prof. Yemi Osinbajo / A Nairalander Open Letter To Prof Yemi Osinbajo / Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: According To Prof. Wole Soyinka: "Only Four Sets Of People Can Vote For The PDP" by aljharem(m): 8:49am On Nov 07, 2014
chamboy:
PDP Has a Very bad record in Southwest... dey are like plague to us

Which South West ? Did Fayose not win ?

Why did Aregbsola rig to win his election ?

1 Like

Re: According To Prof. Wole Soyinka: "Only Four Sets Of People Can Vote For The PDP" by experimentist: 8:57am On Nov 07, 2014
Yes prof, people bloodyassassin, firefire idumose n the rest of the TANdroid viruses
Re: According To Prof. Wole Soyinka: "Only Four Sets Of People Can Vote For The PDP" by Nobody: 8:58am On Nov 07, 2014
Worst part is that Igbo's carry this Gej ish 4head pass south-south I don't know why ?
Re: According To Prof. Wole Soyinka: "Only Four Sets Of People Can Vote For The PDP" by chamboy(m): 9:02am On Nov 07, 2014
aljharem:

Which South West ? Did Fayose not win ?

Why did Aregbsola rig to win his election ?

because many ppl suffer from senility.. am very sure u r a Southeastern so u wouldn't know what am saying
Re: According To Prof. Wole Soyinka: "Only Four Sets Of People Can Vote For The PDP" by aljharem(m): 9:06am On Nov 07, 2014
chamboy:
because many ppl suffer from senility.. am very sure u r a Southeastern so u wouldn't know what am saying

You must be sick in the head to think I am from the SE.

I am as yoruba as they get !!! Prof Wole has proven himself to be a cheap sellout.
Re: According To Prof. Wole Soyinka: "Only Four Sets Of People Can Vote For The PDP" by aljharem(m): 9:07am On Nov 07, 2014
People condemning GEJ is either hunted by witchcraft or just mischievous. Have u asked what your local govt n state govs have done for you?

These people are closer to the people than d president. It takes a long time to feel the impact of the FG that was one of the reasons GEJ was trying to make LG automonous but most of our govs are kicking against it as they want to keep controlling them.

Let's criticise this gentleman with decorum and constructively because he listens more than past presidents we had lest we regret our actions when he might have gone. Majority of the people never believed in jesus until he's gone.

We nigerians that are not in active politics should be able to know that most of the words that come out of the opposition are negative and aimed @ grabbing power @ all cost. When they eventually gets the power, they will tell undecerning nigerians that it will take 50yrs to repair what PDP has 'done'. You don't get power by bringing down a nation you wish well.

---------Rightman Punch

1 Like

Re: According To Prof. Wole Soyinka: "Only Four Sets Of People Can Vote For The PDP" by Ovamboland(m): 10:53am On Nov 07, 2014
tobechi20:
yoruba bigot ..y was he speechless when obasanjo ruled

Soyinka did not criticize Obasanjo? Maybe you only learnt to read, write and understand English after 2007
Re: According To Prof. Wole Soyinka: "Only Four Sets Of People Can Vote For The PDP" by Ovamboland(m): 10:59am On Nov 07, 2014
mikeansy:
PDP has not always lived up to expectation. They are not a great political party by world class standard.

Jonathan Goodluck is not a charismatic leader nor a great leader!

But it is too easy to criticise PDP in isolation without suggesting who the alternative is.

Compared to Democrats or Republicans in USA, PDP is rubbish! B[b]ut I will vote PDP 10 times before APC and I will also vote Jonathan 100 times before Buhari.
[/b]
So the Professor has to provide what in his wisdom is a relative assessment of PDP in a Nigerian context. You can't just benchmark PDP against nothing and say " do not vote PDP".

Please who do we vote instead?

Stockholm syndrome infested thinking, you must as usual glorify the bandits who stole your present
Re: According To Prof. Wole Soyinka: "Only Four Sets Of People Can Vote For The PDP" by Zico0(m): 11:11am On Nov 07, 2014
Can anyone please give us a break down of all the parties and their candidates? I don't like PDP. I don't like APC. I want somebody who has no connection with all these old guies. My plan is to going in and vote for one random person, ordinary candidate nobody knows.
Re: According To Prof. Wole Soyinka: "Only Four Sets Of People Can Vote For The PDP" by londoner: 11:56am On Nov 07, 2014
OP, is there a reason you did not provide a link to the article or interview given by Soyinka?

Could you please provide it here? Thanks in advance.
Re: According To Prof. Wole Soyinka: "Only Four Sets Of People Can Vote For The PDP" by mikolo80: 12:01pm On Nov 07, 2014
GboyegaD:
The challenge is our idea of democracy which is "where do I get ny bread buttered" and not who can govern better.
are the two mutually exclusive
Re: According To Prof. Wole Soyinka: "Only Four Sets Of People Can Vote For The PDP" by Nobody: 12:40pm On Nov 07, 2014
Aderostock:

Wole Soyinka-- A noble Winner, A human Activist, A hero, A Scholar, A Professor, An Achiever and many more. Who can beat these in Nigeria?
Even Achebe died of jealousy.
Re: According To Prof. Wole Soyinka: "Only Four Sets Of People Can Vote For The PDP" by jumu: 1:09pm On Nov 07, 2014
yoruba critisised obj goverment more than other
Re: According To Prof. Wole Soyinka: "Only Four Sets Of People Can Vote For The PDP" by jumu: 1:11pm On Nov 07, 2014
voters collect pdp bribes and vote against them
Re: According To Prof. Wole Soyinka: "Only Four Sets Of People Can Vote For The PDP" by ayobami84: 1:42pm On Nov 07, 2014
em be doctor?
Re: According To Prof. Wole Soyinka: "Only Four Sets Of People Can Vote For The PDP" by freezone4real(f): 1:51pm On Nov 07, 2014
PDP Must GO!

GEJ Must GO!!

GMB Must WIN!!!

1 Like

Re: According To Prof. Wole Soyinka: "Only Four Sets Of People Can Vote For The PDP" by Myself2(m): 5:00pm On Nov 07, 2014
freezone4real:

GMB Must WIN!!!

Sorry,,,who is GUMBO
Re: According To Prof. Wole Soyinka: "Only Four Sets Of People Can Vote For The PDP" by dazangel11(f): 6:54pm On Nov 07, 2014
hazyfm:

We have to keep trying.. Till we get the right person
We can't settle for less
I love change, not the APC Change.. But change in general
Every new govt comes with new ideas and at one point will praise the past administration
I think having GEJ for another four years will be so boring, because it can't be better than his previous 4 years
Or maybe this time, he will completely remove the remaining subsidy, and Nigerians even his supporters will start crying again

God help NIGERIA

Buhari is not new we've had him b4
Re: According To Prof. Wole Soyinka: "Only Four Sets Of People Can Vote For The PDP" by dazangel11(f): 6:57pm On Nov 07, 2014
hifaif:

Gullibility is your problem. A random fellow said something and you quickly formed an opinion about the prof.

Anywhere belle face. SMH...

I am only saying that wole should not encourage anyone to vote buhari
Re: According To Prof. Wole Soyinka: "Only Four Sets Of People Can Vote For The PDP" by Nobody: 7:14pm On Nov 07, 2014
dazangel11:

I am only saying that wole should not encourage anyone to vote buhari

Nor should he encourage anyone to vote for Goodluck.

2 Likes

Re: According To Prof. Wole Soyinka: "Only Four Sets Of People Can Vote For The PDP" by Jesusloveyou: 7:34pm On Nov 07, 2014
mikeansy:
PDP has not always lived up to expectation. They are not a great political party by world class standard.

Jonathan Goodluck is not a charismatic leader nor a great leader!

But it is too easy to criticise PDP in isolation without suggesting who the alternative is.

Compared to Democrats or Republicans in USA, PDP is rubbish! But I will vote PDP 10 times before APC and I will also vote Jonathan 100 times before Buhari.

So the Professor has to provide what in his wisdom is a relative assessment of PDP in a Nigerian context. You can't just benchmark PDP against nothing and say " do not vote PDP".

Please who do we vote instead?
u are really blinded intellectually and ethnicity,u agree pdp has fail woefully,and u wil stil vote d fail pdp 10times.either u are afraid of change or u are fail entity.
Re: According To Prof. Wole Soyinka: "Only Four Sets Of People Can Vote For The PDP" by Nobody: 8:22pm On Nov 07, 2014
Jesusloveyou:
u are really blinded intellectually and ethnicity,u agree pdp has fail woefully,and u wil stil vote d fail pdp 10times.either u are afraid of change or u are fail entity.

please who would you vote for instead and why!

Thats a good place to start.

not abuses
Re: According To Prof. Wole Soyinka: "Only Four Sets Of People Can Vote For The PDP" by Jesusloveyou: 9:28am On Nov 08, 2014
mikeansy:

please who would you vote for instead and why!

Thats a good place to start.

not abuses
i wil vote 4 change,let us test d other side,and see which one is better,and better is not good enough,until we see d best.
Re: According To Prof. Wole Soyinka: "Only Four Sets Of People Can Vote For The PDP" by Jesusloveyou: 9:55am On Nov 08, 2014
aljharem:
People condemning GEJ is either hunted by witchcraft or just mischievous. Have u asked what your local govt n state govs have done for you?

These people are closer to the people than d president. It takes a long time to feel the impact of the FG that was one of the reasons GEJ was trying to make LG automonous but most of our govs are kicking against it as they want to keep controlling them.

Let's criticise this gentleman with decorum and constructively because he listens more than past presidents we had lest we regret our actions when he might have gone. Majority of the people never believed in jesus until he's gone.

We nigerians that are not in active politics should be able to know that most of the words that come out of the opposition are negative and aimed @ grabbing power @ all cost. When they eventually gets the power, they will tell undecerning nigerians that it will take 50yrs to repair what PDP has 'done'. You don't get power by bringing down a nation you wish well.

---------Rightman Punch
d same why u and every nigerians criticise yar'dua.now we are all regreting that yar'dua is better than gej.we wil keep on criticising in good faith until we get d best.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: According To Prof. Wole Soyinka: "Only Four Sets Of People Can Vote For The PDP" by aljharem(m): 11:25am On Nov 08, 2014
Jesusloveyou:
d same why u and every nigerians criticise yar'dua.now we are all regreting that yar'dua is better than gej.we wil keep on criticising in good faith until we get d best.

gbam
Re: According To Prof. Wole Soyinka: "Only Four Sets Of People Can Vote For The PDP" by freezone4real(f): 2:14pm On Nov 11, 2014
a:

I will rather have a humble 'unmodernised', simple leader than a corrupt, greedy, arrogant, as leader...

UP GMB!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Target Groups: See What A British Scholar Wrote About Igbo, Yoruba And Fulani / PDP To Zone 2023 Presidency To The North / Throwback 1968 Children Were Recruited By Biafrans Commanders -photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.