Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,165 members, 7,811,376 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:34 AM

External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations (101196 Views)

Women Representation Under Buhari Poorer Than Past Administrations – UN / Obasanjo, Yaradua, Jonathan's Govts To Account For Recovered Loot- Court / See The Names Of Those Who Will Probe Yaradua And Jonathan's Administration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by doffman: 1:09pm On Nov 07, 2014
barcanista:
I hope that Jonathanians and PDP apologists will grant me the honor of a fact-4-fact debate without insult. However, no amount of insult can deter me.

Seun Obinoscopy and Mukina2 This thread is informative, Nigerians #NeedToKnow
Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by IYANGBALI: 1:10pm On Nov 07, 2014
Now I know why things are the way they are,1 step foward,10 steps backward,God dey.
Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by Nobody: 1:10pm On Nov 07, 2014
barcanista:
3. PRESIDENT GOODLUCK JONATHAN:
EXTERNAL DEBT
Inherited: $3.94 billion Dollars

As At Now: $9.3 billion Dollars

[url]http://www.dmo.gov.ng/oci/edebtstock/docs/External%20Debt%20Stock%20as%20at%2030th%20June_%202014.pdf[/url]

FOREIGN RESERVE:
Inherited: $47. 7 billion (As At December 31st, 2009)

As At Now: $38.2BILLION http://www.cenbank.org/intops/Reserve.asp
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1842363_2014foreignreserve_jpegb778234d0e84907de925a2b063c2355a

N/B:
Of the $9.3 billion EXTERNAL DEBT, Federal Government’s owes $6.36b, while ALL 36 States plus FCT owes $3.0 billion
As at 2010, Oil Price was at $89 per barrel
As at 2011, It was $103 per barrel
As at Now it is $100 per barrel http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_oil_market_chronology_from_2003
Meaning, Jonathan have access to more more money than Yar Adua, but he depleted the Foreign Reserve and Still Purge Us into Further Debt With NOTHING to show

It isn't GEJ'S fault per se....it is what you get when you rule over an oil dependent economy.....your economic advisers tell you that the oil money won't run out (Of course they lie).

Plus, oil economies over-import....which has the dual effect of raising the debt profile and stifling jobs.

Yes, OBJ grew our reserves. Nice...but a healthy bank account means nowt....when you could grow it more with investments.

My problem with Nigeria's leaders., past and present....they run Dutch diseased economies.

Whoever takes over in 2015....GEJ or Buhari....should appoint me as their Ministar of Finance and Economic planning( My salary is only N20million per week grin).....and in turn....I will earn my keep by telling them to run this country as if there is no oil or any other natural resources.

In ten years time....our GDP will be 20 times bigger than what it is now (OK I exaggerate...but still!)....and Boko Haram , Kidnapping etc will be the acts of a minority of jokers. Guaranteed!

Oil is a curse.

1 Like

Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by Nobody: 1:12pm On Nov 07, 2014
datolee:

How much did Soludo used to defend the naira and how much did SLS use.. that will answer your question
What is Nigeria's earning between the period? Meanwhile,
Between 1958 and 2007 Nigeria Earned N29.8 trillion- From Azikiwe to Tay Adua

BTW 2008 and 2011 Nigeria earned N20.895 trillion in Oil Revenue Yar adua's era plus TWO years Jonathan (3 years)
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/03/oily-death-how-nigeria-short-changed-oil-producing-areas/

In 2012 Nigeria earned N4.36 trillion

In 2013 Nigeria earned $84 billion/ N13 trillion.

in 2014 (Jan-June) we earned $40 billion / (N6.4 trillion)

ANOTHER THREE YEARS: we earned N23.76 trillion- ALL JONATHAN

http://ngrguardiannews.com/business/180185-nigeria-earns-40b-from-oil-exports-in-six-months

In other words, Jonathan HAD MORE MONEY. Others saved and managed the Debt, Jonathan though with more money depleted the reserve and messed up the debt.
You keep mumblin the same rubbish

4 Likes

Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by kenex4ever(m): 1:13pm On Nov 07, 2014
barcanista:
3. PRESIDENT GOODLUCK JONATHAN:
EXTERNAL DEBT
Inherited: $3.94 billion Dollars

As At Now: $9.3 billion Dollars

[url]http://www.dmo.gov.ng/oci/edebtstock/docs/External%20Debt%20Stock%20as%20at%2030th%20June_%202014.pdf[/url]

FOREIGN RESERVE:
Inherited: $47. 7 billion (As At December 31st, 2009)

As At Now: $38.2BILLION http://www.cenbank.org/intops/Reserve.asp
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1842363_2014foreignreserve_jpegb778234d0e84907de925a2b063c2355a

N/B:
Of the $9.3 billion EXTERNAL DEBT, Federal Government’s owes $6.36b, while ALL 36 States plus FCT owes $3.0 billion
As at 2010, Oil Price was at $89 per barrel
As at 2011, It was $103 per barrel
As at Now it is $100 per barrel http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_oil_market_chronology_from_2003
Meaning, Jonathan have access to more more money than Yar Adua, but he depleted the Foreign Reserve and Still Purge Us into Further Debt With NOTHING to show
guy just save ur energy till his 8years is over, that is when u can now compare him to OBJ. All these numbers u r stating usually vary/change from time to time in an administration, what matters is the value he will leave behind when his tenure expires. U 4got to include dat most of d money is spent on bokoharam.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by Firefire(m): 1:13pm On Nov 07, 2014
bushdoc9919:

It isn't GEJ'S fault per se....it is what you get when you rule over an oil dependent economy.....your economic advisers tell you that the oil money won't run out (Of course they lie).

Plus, oil economies over-import....which has the dual effect of raising the debt profile and stifling jobs.

Yes, OBJ grew our reserves. Nice...but a healthy bank account means nowt....when you could grow it more with investments.

My problem with Nigeria's leaders., past and present....they run Dutch diseased economies.

Whoever takes over in 2015....GEJ or Buhari....should appoint me as their Ministar of Finance and Economic planning( My salary is only N20million per week grin).....and in turn....I will earn my keep by telling them to run this country as if there is no oil or any other natural resources.

In ten years time....our GDP will be 20 times bigger than what it is now (OK I exaggerate...but still!)....and Boko Haram , Kidnapping etc will be the acts of a minority of jokers. Guaranteed!

Oil is a curse.

Dutch diseased disorder and they will never change...

OIL is a CURSE!

4 Likes

Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by Chommieblaq(f): 1:14pm On Nov 07, 2014
with all the debt u mentioned, How comes Nigeria become African highest economy, overtaking South Africa, 27 in the whole world. If u no get work carry chair come make I teach u economics, and stop fooling urself , we know better.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by Nobody: 1:14pm On Nov 07, 2014
Opiosko:
U are really working hard spending sleepless nights to earn ur next pay. I wish u could channel such effort to something that's worth it.

the fact is, it is worth. THE TRUTH is glaring for all to see, and yet we still find Nigerians like you acting as if all is well, fact is, all is not well, infact, the state of the nation spiraled from 'All is Not Well" under the Goodluck administration to its present "We seriuosly need Intervention" stage.
Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by iluvweed(m): 1:15pm On Nov 07, 2014
gratiaeo:
GEJ is corrupt but we don't want to change him with Buhari, Atiku, Tinubu etc

WHY IS THIS HARD FOR PEOPLE TO UNDERSTAND?

FIND US A MORE REASONABLE PERSON ABEEEEG........ lipsrsealed
Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by debo07(m): 1:16pm On Nov 07, 2014
Only fools see facts and are still blind to seeing reality.Is it dat they are willingly blind or they are unknowingly blind?.No one can deceive me with the name goodluck.even when everyone was shouting his name back in 2011,I never liked him.I voted Buhari and I'm happy I did.we don't need goodluck to make our country great.he has even failed. all we need is a good,charismatic,disciplined and trust worthy man.when u add all these together ur answer will be GMB not GEJ.

2 Likes

Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by Nobody: 1:17pm On Nov 07, 2014
barcanista:
Why not research on Nigeria's budget and find the Military Expenditure? Must I spoon-feed you? Beside
Militants blow up oil installation= Nigeria loses Money
Militants Kidnap Oil Workers= Nigeria Loses Oil Money
Oil Coys Pay Ransome= It tells on our tax
Oil Coys cut production= Nigeria loses money
President Obasanjo Spent Money on Military= Just Like Jonathan.
Yet, we had enough in our revenue and almost zero external debt
boko haram like u
Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by Nobody: 1:17pm On Nov 07, 2014
Chommieblaq:
with all the debt u mentioned, How comes Nigeria become African highest economy, overtaking South Africa, 27 in the whole world. If u no get work carry chair come make I teach u economics, and stop fooling urself , we know better.
Nigeria did not become Africa biggest economy by economic brilliance of Jonathan and his team, but by RABASEMENT. In other words, They recalculated Everything since year 1990
http://www.economist.com/news/finance-and-economics/21600734-revised-figures-show-nigeria-africas-largest-economy-step-change

2 Likes

Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by IYANGBALI: 1:17pm On Nov 07, 2014
See as people full this thread as if CBN and NNPC are recruiting grin

1 Like

Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by Firefire(m): 1:17pm On Nov 07, 2014
atlwireles:
This moderator is wicked, another beat down of the APC lying machine is now on FP. grin grin grin grin grin grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by iluvweed(m): 1:19pm On Nov 07, 2014
SCREW ALL THIS YEYE E-POLITICIANS.... tongue

IF YOU HAVE ANY HELP TO RENDER, ABEG TRY COLLECT FORM AND STOP BOASTING ON THE INTERNET!

WE NEED A YOUNG AND STRICT CANDIDATE TO FACE GEJ....IF ONE OF YOU CAN VOLUNTEER, THEN WE CAN CONTRIBUTE MONEY TO GET THE FORM FOR YOU AND START E-CAMPAIGNING!........
grin
Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by dguyindcorner(m): 1:19pm On Nov 07, 2014
It's a pity how stupid some pro Jonathan have become. Shouting Nigeria has become the greatest or largest economy in Africa is an understatement, why don't you say Nigeria has become the largest economy in the world?

You and your master like deceiving Nigerians o. Abi when was the last time Jonathan was being interviewed in overseas that he was asked what is the state of power supply in Nigeria? He replied and said that Nigerians enjoy constant power supply.

Jona has been feeding us lies so I won't be surprised if we are now the largest economy in Africa even when in reality Cameroon economy let alone Ghana, Southafrica etc. is now better than our own. Someone who now uses Nations Cup Trophy to campaign.

Look at our Naira, see the value.
Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by kazmanbanjoko(m): 1:20pm On Nov 07, 2014
If i had known, i wouldnt have click on this thread bcoz na money wey person no fit see but can hear dey here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by thunder74(m): 1:20pm On Nov 07, 2014
barcanista:
I am a fool because I am taking my time to educate Nigerians? We all know who the fool is here
Good job sir, please since you are educating Nigerians, take time also to research few good things Jonathan has done like Lagos Ibadan road under construction, Benin Ore road, Railway,Agriculture etc. Please help us, you know you are good at research. Thank you.

saw this but think it might help your research.
http://goodlucksupportgroup.org/blog/25-achievements-of-president-jonathan-batch-a/

2 Likes

Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by Firefire(m): 1:20pm On Nov 07, 2014
all4naija:
I think Obasanjo performed very well on the foreign reserve thing and clearing the debt but the development of the nation was in shamble as in Yaradua's time. After Obasanjo I would give Jonathan the praise as Yaradua didn't spend is time to develop the nation infrastructure for us to understand the impact of his administration. In all ramification while looking at the three of them I would put their performances in descending order.

1) President Jonathan - for trying to put effort in developing the nation rather than increasing the foreign reserve only.

2) Presiden Obasajo - for clearing the debt to the lowest point ever at 3 billion dollars and growing the foreign reserve.

3) President Yaradua - for getting sick and died untimely (as an excuse for his performance).

Off-topic: I think it is time to think the Northerner's leadership has been the worst and Nigerian youths shouldn't make the mistake of basing their vote on regions but on people.

grin
Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by generalissimo(m): 1:20pm On Nov 07, 2014
barcanista:
It is very clear that Goodluck Jonathan government is ruining Nigeria's economy, destroying what Presidents Obasanjo and Umaru Musa Yar Adua managed to build.

MODIFIED:
Thank you seun and team for the FP.
Wait a minute, I thought u guys criticize OBJ when he was there too.......There's no extent u wouldnt go to just to pull another down

4 Likes

Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by Nobody: 1:21pm On Nov 07, 2014
dguyindcorner:
It's a pity how stupid some pro Jonathan have become. Shouting Nigeria has become the greatest or largest economy in Africa is an understatement, why don't you say Nigeria has become the largest economy in the world?

You and your master like deceiving Nigerians o. Abi when was the last time Jonathan was being interviewed in overseas that he was asked what is the state of power supply in Nigeria? He replied and said that Nigerians enjoy constant power supply.

Jona has been feeding us lies so I won't be surprised if we are now the largest economy in Africa even when in reality Cameroon economy let alone Ghana, Southafrica etc. is now better than our own. Someone who now uses Nations Cup Trophy to campaign.

Look at our Naira, see the value.
The GDP calculation is not as a result of economic brilliance by anybody but they recalculated our GDP since 1990. Sadly the PDP Government are shouting like we are all fools
http://www.economist.com/news/finance-and-economics/21600734-revised-figures-show-nigeria-africas-largest-economy-step-change

1 Like

Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by dguyindcorner(m): 1:22pm On Nov 07, 2014
Firefire:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Waterwater, you still have not deactivated your Nl account?
Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by soloiky: 1:22pm On Nov 07, 2014
We check what is eating the money, Boko Haram and Infastructure. The rail is working, 15hrs light, food stuff is coming down. God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by Nobody: 1:22pm On Nov 07, 2014
thunder74:

Good job sir, please since you are educating Nigerians, take time also to research few good things Jonathan has done like Lagos Ibadan road under construction, Benin Ore road, Railway,Agriculture etc. Please help us, you know you are good at research. Thank you.
What we are saying that our economy is going down with no infrastructure, dwindling reserve and increased external debt
Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by Firefire(m): 1:22pm On Nov 07, 2014
iluvweed:
SCREW ALL THIS YEYE E-POLITICIANS.... tongue

IF YOU HAVE ANY HELP TO RENDER, ABEG TRY COLLECT FORM AND STOP BOASTING ON THE INTERNET!

WE NEED A YOUNG AND STRICT CANDIDATE TO FACE GEJ....IF ONE OF YOU CAN VOLUNTEER, THEN WE CAN CONTRIBUTE MONEY TO GET THE FORM FOR YOU AND START E-CAMPAIGNING!........
grin

Simple as A B C and not trying to sell over- spent, semi- Final Individual
Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by Firefire(m): 1:23pm On Nov 07, 2014
dguyindcorner:

Waterwater, you still have not deactivated your Nl account?

For what now?

na so you hate me reach embarassed

There is god oooo
Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by jbaby265(f): 1:24pm On Nov 07, 2014
automaticcars:
^
^^
^^^

The three posters after op are very stup.id. Why attacking the op instead of saying any disagreement they have with the data the op has given us?

You guys are very fooli.sh. Dumb and fooli.sh indeed.

and u are not being fair with ur choice of words...improve pls
Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by Nobody: 1:24pm On Nov 07, 2014
generalissimo:
Wait a minute, I thought u guys criticize OBJ when he was there too.......There's no extent u wouldnt go to just to pull another down
Yes, we criticize obasanjo because he failed relatively, though he got it right in some areas like the Foreign Reserve, he failed in terms of infrastructure

1 Like

Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by Firefire(m): 1:25pm On Nov 07, 2014
Firefire:

[size=25pt]I will defend the Naira with reserves - Sanusi
[/size]

The Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, Mal Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, has vowed to defend the Naira and was prepared to used the nation’s foreign reserve to ensure the currency’s stability.

Briefing the journalists at the end of the Monetary Policy Committee meeting in Abuja, Tuesday, he said that the argument of those pushing for the devaluation of the Naira did make any valid economic sense in an import-dependent country like Nigeria.

Mal. Sanusi insisted that the CBN would stick to its position unless forced to do otherwise.

His words, “as far as the Naira is concerned, the CBN has always said that we are committed to its stability. I know there are some people who don’t share that view. But I have not personally heard any economically valid argument as to the benefits of devaluating the Naira up to this point in time.

“It will not improve our export nor reduce our imports into the country. It will not improve our fortunes as long as our structural reforms have not been implemented.

“My view and the view of the CBN is that if we will have to use some of the our serves to support the currency, we will. No central bank governor will say that he will support the currency at all and every cost but we want to be very clear in our minds and to the public that there is no country in the world that will allow its currency to be just determined by the market.

Please give the credit of Nigeria Foreign Reserve depletion at the expense of our Naira stability to your SLS

http://www.nigeria-news-world.com/2013/09/i-will-defend-naira-with-reserves-sanusi.html#.VFyHTvmUf-F

Link provided by Detolee

You cannot eat your cake and still have it. I beg.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by Nobody: 1:29pm On Nov 07, 2014
Firefire:

grin
Go ahead and laugh on my post! I think that is my view and I am entitled to it. Hyena!
Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by abacus(m): 1:30pm On Nov 07, 2014
mekd:

i concor if u say GEJ have more access to more money. but let me remind u ibcasr u forgot that the gravity of challanges GEJ is facing is more more more than what any past president"yaradua" faced.thanks

You belong to these people : https://www.nairaland.com/1984252/annoying-things-gej-pej-apologists
Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by Firefire(m): 1:33pm On Nov 07, 2014
all4naija:
Go ahead and laugh on my post! I think that is my view and I am entitled to it. Hyena!

Accurate post, I am aligned... tongue

all4naija:
I think Obasanjo performed very well on the foreign reserve thing and clearing the debt but the development of the nation was in shamble as in Yaradua's time. After Obasanjo I would give Jonathan the praise as Yaradua didn't spend is time to develop the nation infrastructure for us to understand the impact of his administration. In all ramification while looking at the three of them I would put their performances in descending order.

1) President Jonathan - for trying to put effort in developing the nation rather than increasing the foreign reserve only.

2) Presiden Obasajo - for clearing the debt to the lowest point ever at 3 billion dollars and growing the foreign reserve.

3) President Yaradua - for getting sick and died untimely (as an excuse for his performance).

Off-topic: I think it is time to think the Northerner's leadership has been the worst and Nigerian youths shouldn't make the mistake of basing their vote on regions but on people.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (26) (Reply)

Yoruba And Hausa Fight In Mile 12 Lagos (Graphic Photos) / Polaris, GTB And Access Bank Branches Set Ablaze In Lekki / Video Of Peter Obi’s Son, Gregory Oseloka As An Actor In US Sparks Reactions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.