Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

Where Stolen Vehicles End Up - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Where Stolen Vehicles End Up (1917 Views)

I’ve Sold 30 Stolen Vehicles – Engineer / How Do You Guard Against Buying Stolen Vehicles? / Check For Stolen Vehicles On This Site By Nigerian Police Force (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Stolen Vehicles End Up by Christino(m): 2:25pm On Aug 06, 2006
There's a rumour in town that any stolen car that makes its way to Nnewi returns to Ladipo as "spare parts". Is this true? I know it's possible.
Re: Where Stolen Vehicles End Up by needeeg(m): 5:15pm On Aug 06, 2006
it end up in ota, cos my car was found there!! cool
Re: Where Stolen Vehicles End Up by Oracle(m): 4:14am On Aug 24, 2006
Stolen cars could end up anywhere as far as naija is concerned
Re: Where Stolen Vehicles End Up by ZuluNation(m): 4:17am On Aug 24, 2006
Christino:

There's a rumour in town that any stolen car that makes its way to Nnewi returns to Ladipo as "spare parts". Is this true? I know it's possible.

Why Nnewi, I guess stolen cars don't end up in your village huh. angry
Re: Where Stolen Vehicles End Up by Christino(m): 12:42pm On Aug 24, 2006
Sounds like you are from Nnewi, or do you sell "illegal spare parts?"
Re: Where Stolen Vehicles End Up by ZuluNation(m): 8:02pm On Aug 24, 2006
What if I'm from Nnewi, do you have a freaking problem with that ? Yeah I sell "illegal spare parts" the ones I bought from your Dumbass!!
Re: Where Stolen Vehicles End Up by Christino(m): 5:59pm On Aug 25, 2006
Zulu man, you are actually confused, don't know your origin, sorry I can't help you. Please get a MAP!
Re: Where Stolen Vehicles End Up by ZuluNation(m): 9:04pm On Aug 25, 2006
@christino.

Dude you the one that's confused. You are now officially ignored so have a nice day
Re: Where Stolen Vehicles End Up by Christino(m): 9:40pm On Aug 25, 2006
Thanks for your timely understanding.

Anyone knows where stolen Vehicles end up?
Re: Where Stolen Vehicles End Up by kaypinchi(m): 9:10pm On Feb 04, 2009
Across the border to be resold as tokunbo back to Naija shocked
Re: Where Stolen Vehicles End Up by igwe11(m): 9:26pm On Feb 04, 2009
kaypinchi:

Across the border to be resold as tokunbo back to Naija shocked
you 're right, It happens atimes.
That's why we encourage everybody to ask for the VIN/chassis no. to know when last the car history was recorded in usa or alike.
If it has wide margin, that could be one of the stolen naija used metamorphosed tokunbo cars. smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Where Stolen Vehicles End Up by Busybody2(f): 9:57pm On Feb 04, 2009
igwe 1:

you 're right, It happens atimes.
That's why we encourage everybody to ask for the VIN/chassis no. to know when last the car history was recorded in usa or alike.
If it has wide margin, that could be one of the stolen naija used metamorphosed tokunbo cars. smiley smiley smiley smiley

Okay so you are not bothered about stolen cars being resold as naija used cars on NL, since you did not table the motion for them to display their own VIN numbers too cheesy

Now I am starting to get you small small, sorry we started off on the wrong footing wink

I am gonna be watching this space closely in case the Igwe decides to launch his own car dealership too and start marketing "naija used cars" grin grin grin tongue

FYI, a car could have the latest VIN report and still have beenn stolen, it takes an average of 3 weeks for a ship to sail from US to Nigeria cool Go figure wink
Re: Where Stolen Vehicles End Up by igwe11(m): 10:29pm On Feb 04, 2009
Busy_body:

Okay so you are not bothered about stolen cars being resold as naija used cars on NL, since you did not table the motion for them to display their own VIN numbers too cheesy

Now I am starting to get you small small, sorry we started off on the wrong footing wink

I am gonna be watching this space closely in case the Igwe decides to launch his own car dealership too and start marketing "naija used cars" grin grin grin tongue

FYI, a car could have the latest VIN report and still have beenn stolen, it takes an average of 3 weeks for a ship to sail from US to Nigeria cool Go figure wink

Lolo, you ought to have asked me this at home nawn,  wink wink  I was only reacting at kaypinch's post.

But when I said wide margin, I meant over 1 year. I 'v seen a car advertised with it's last recorded history to be 2005 while the dealer hyped it as fresh tokunbo as at December 2008, grin grin though I'm just guessing sha. undecided undecided
Re: Where Stolen Vehicles End Up by Busybody2(f): 10:40pm On Feb 04, 2009
igwe 1:

Lolo, you ought to have asked me this at home nawn, wink wink I was only reacting at kaypinch's post.

But when I said wide margin, I meant over 1 year. I 'v seen a car advertised with it's last recorded history to be 2005 while the dealer hyped it as fresh tokunbo, grin grin though I'm just guessing sha. undecided undecided

Do you know how Carfax and Autocheck get their reports? It is not automatic, my dear, they go by what they are being fed with, a car could have its last record 5 years ago . . .

If I get involved in an accident as an upright citizen with morals tongue do you think I will pay the $200 repair bill out of my own pocket, or tell my insurance company and watch my premium go up and lose my no-claim bonus cool

My darling lolo, no vex, you know say I just sign up for the Tupperware class na grin Don't worry, you would start seeing the result of your investment in me soon, they promise to turn me into a doormat in no time grin grin grin
Re: Where Stolen Vehicles End Up by kuntash: 11:58am On Feb 05, 2009
bizy ba di grin
Re: Where Stolen Vehicles End Up by kuntash: 12:00pm On Feb 05, 2009
Bizy body,  sorry no vex,  pls how long have u been on the net?,  I mean as in ever in ur life using the www?,  I ask cos ur bizy body is evident in nearly on all threads,  waow!!!,  and u just registered last yr,  I wish I could,
Re: Where Stolen Vehicles End Up by igwe11(m): 12:52pm On Feb 05, 2009
Please tell me that people don't go for emission inspections, servicing and paper renewal after the first time.
Is not only accident carfax documents but anything that has to do with the vehicle as contained in every carfax report, even auctioning date and exported country atimes.
How can you explain why nothing is recorded for a car for over 3 year and the car suddenly appear in naija as a fresh tokunbo. grin grin grin
I hope to get a sincere answer from you.
cool cool
Re: Where Stolen Vehicles End Up by Busybody2(f): 1:14pm On Feb 05, 2009
igwe 1:

Please tell me that people don't go for emission inspections, servicing and paper renewal after the first time.
Is not only accident carfax documents but anything that has to do with the vehicle as contained in every carfax report, even auctioning date and exported country atimes.
How can you explain why nothing is recorded for a car for over 3 year and the car suddenly appear in naija as a fresh tokunbo. grin grin grin
I hope to get a sincere answer from you.
cool cool

It took you people over 12 hours to relay just 7 lines of rejoinder shocked shocked shocked tongue Why don't you people download skype too, its the latest technology in town cool I don't even think its been launched yet grin grin grin
Re: Where Stolen Vehicles End Up by igwe11(m): 1:20pm On Feb 05, 2009
Busy_body:

It took you people over 12 hours to relay just 7 lines of rejoinder shocked shocked shocked tongue Why don't you people download skype too, its the latest technology in town cool I don't even think its been launched yet grin grin grin
Busy body see you later,I gotta attend to issues now.
Re: Where Stolen Vehicles End Up by Busybody2(f): 1:37pm On Feb 05, 2009
^^^You will meet me at home tonight, Igwe angry angry angry grin And don't forget to come home early because it is your turn to cook and clean this week grin grin grin
Re: Where Stolen Vehicles End Up by Busybody2(f): 1:39pm On Feb 05, 2009
kuntash:

Bizy body, sorry no vex, pls how long have u been on the net?, I mean as in ever in ur life using the www?

QUESTION 1

Friend or foe

QUESTION 2

How old is the internet
Re: Where Stolen Vehicles End Up by Busybody2(f): 1:47pm On Feb 05, 2009
kuntash:

Bizy body,  sorry no vex,  pls how long have u been on the net?,  I mean as in ever in ur life using the www?,  I ask cos ur bizy body is evident in nearly on all threads,  waow!!!,  and u just registered last yr,  I wish I could,

Ha, you have modified your message, so I can see you have come in peace cheesy

Right to answer your quesshunz, I registered February 2006, and have 1972 posts on NL, and according to my calculator, counting every year as a leap year of course cool, I post an average of just 1.4146341 posts only in a day grin grin grin My husband Debosky is gonna be so chuffed with me that I am such a fast learner and can now use a calculator, after 5 years of teaching me how to use one cheesy cheesy cheesy

In addition to this, I only frequent the Auto section and the Travel section, but you would occasionally find me in the romance section, as well as Politics, Family, Culture, and Travel section. If you find me anywhere else, I have definitely gotten lost and wandered in by mistake, so kindly raise the "missing persons" alarm grin grin grin tongue
Re: Where Stolen Vehicles End Up by amebono14: 1:52pm On Feb 05, 2009
busybody/ so its now debosky?

its either u r on d forum claiming husbands or stealing other pples husbands,debosky has a wife already so keep off angry grin
Re: Where Stolen Vehicles End Up by Busybody2(f): 1:57pm On Feb 05, 2009
amebo no.1:

busybody/ so its now debosky?

its either u r on d forum claiming husbands or stealing other pples husbands,debosky has a wife already so keep off angry grin

Sister Amebo, so you mean I forgot to invite you to our wedding shocked shocked shocked I am baffled, because I am sure Debosky eventually agreed with me that we could invite you and your tittle-tattling mouth grin Gosh I had to beg him for over a year, before he could relent grin grin grin Sowwy embarassed [size=5pt]Not that you were missed though cool [/size]

(1) (Reply)

How Often Do You Look In Your Rear View Mirror? / How To Verify The Authenticity Of Your Number Plate / How Do I Renew My Car Papers From 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.