Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

Catholic Priest To Contest For Governor Of Cross River State (photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Catholic Priest To Contest For Governor Of Cross River State (photos) (4572 Views)

Victor Umeh Receiving Prayers From Catholic Priest Before Arrest - Photos / I Will Not Be Running For Governor Again – Jimi Agbaje Declares / Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Catholic Priest To Contest For Governor Of Cross River State (photos) by Nobody: 6:19pm On Nov 07, 2014
Roman Catholic Priest, Rev Fr Francis Agantem Eworo of the Ogoja Diocese in Cross Rivers state, has signified interest in running for governor of the state in the 2015 general election.
At a media parley held recently, Rev. Fr Eworo told newsmen that he intends to contest on the platform of PDP and if elected as Governor, would focus on youth development among others

Father Eworo who says he has been involved in the politics of the PDP since 1999, was ordained a priest in 1977 and has served in various parishes of the Catholic Church in Ogoja, Ikom, Uruan, Calabar, and Akwa Ibom State.

http://www.edesononlinenews.com/2014/11/catholic-priest-rev-father-fa-eworo-to.html

Is it OK for a Catholic priest to want to run for election?

Re: Catholic Priest To Contest For Governor Of Cross River State (photos) by pazienza(m): 6:41pm On Nov 07, 2014
Why not? He is a law abiding indigene of the state, he is eligible to vote and be voted for.

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Priest To Contest For Governor Of Cross River State (photos) by sheunfemix: 6:47pm On Nov 07, 2014
What's wrong with a pastor wanting to contest. Or aspiring to be a governor?.. All the better cos he sud know the mind of GoD since he is a priest.
Re: Catholic Priest To Contest For Governor Of Cross River State (photos) by ahmed486: 7:02pm On Nov 07, 2014
2015 Election: Catholic Rev Fr. Joins Politics, to Contest Cross River Governorship
Source: http://www..com.ng/index.php/political-news/item/1082-2015-election-catholic-rev-fr-joins-politics-to-contest-cross-river-governorship
Re: Catholic Priest To Contest For Governor Of Cross River State (photos) by Adwexky(m): 7:04pm On Nov 07, 2014
if he contest what of his post as a Priest?, would he conjoin Being a Gov. And Priest?
Re: Catholic Priest To Contest For Governor Of Cross River State (photos) by kokoA(m): 7:22pm On Nov 07, 2014
Benue state once had a Rev. Father as governor so I won't ne the first time. Late Rev. Fr. Moses Adasu was governor of Benue state for a long time.
Re: Catholic Priest To Contest For Governor Of Cross River State (photos) by onyengbu: 7:36pm On Nov 07, 2014
kokoA:
Benue state once had a Rev. Father as governor so I won't ne the first time. Late Rev. Fr. Moses Adasu was governor of Benue state for a long time.
Not a Rev. Father!
Its against the canon law. I think.
Re: Catholic Priest To Contest For Governor Of Cross River State (photos) by okoromike(m): 7:48pm On Nov 07, 2014
onyengbu:
Not a Rev. Father!
YES Adasu Mosesl was a reverend father.
Re: Catholic Priest To Contest For Governor Of Cross River State (photos) by Aikon: 7:58pm On Nov 07, 2014
The Pope approved it?
Re: Catholic Priest To Contest For Governor Of Cross River State (photos) by Mrval20(m): 7:59pm On Nov 07, 2014
Is he ready to dance to the tune of Nigerian politics?
You can't serve two masters at a time.
Unless of course he just wants to 'show face'.
Re: Catholic Priest To Contest For Governor Of Cross River State (photos) by alexis007(m): 8:13pm On Nov 07, 2014
a clergyman and politics??........someone wake him up and tell him that Nigeria is no Vatican city!
Re: Catholic Priest To Contest For Governor Of Cross River State (photos) by emmalexabl(m): 8:32pm On Nov 07, 2014
He was ordained 1977( 37yrs ago) and he is looking this young...

Btw..is pope aware that he is contesting ??
Re: Catholic Priest To Contest For Governor Of Cross River State (photos) by debo07(m): 8:51pm On Nov 07, 2014
He looks cool but that's not enough.hope he performs well if elected.but come to think of it,pple we av high hopes on to do well are always disappointing us.
Re: Catholic Priest To Contest For Governor Of Cross River State (photos) by pendy79: 8:55pm On Nov 07, 2014
Reverend Jolly Nyame and Reverend Moses Adasu were former Governors in Nigeria. Don't think there is anything wrong with it.
Re: Catholic Priest To Contest For Governor Of Cross River State (photos) by Ikengawo: 9:02pm On Nov 07, 2014
There's nothing wrong with it and he seems reasonable. CR people have excellent at picking leaders so whatever options they're given I'm confident the best man with arise.
Re: Catholic Priest To Contest For Governor Of Cross River State (photos) by courage54(m): 9:03pm On Nov 07, 2014
This man wants to waste the little money he has saved over the years. Nigeria Politics is not a child's play o. You must not be a governor before u can contribute meaning fully to the growth and development of the state, he can still impart positively on people's life even as a Reverend Father.

The members should keep kin eyes on the tithe and offering from this moment upward.
Re: Catholic Priest To Contest For Governor Of Cross River State (photos) by darlingtonNYIG(m): 9:09pm On Nov 07, 2014
onyengbu:
Not a Rev. Father!
not against canon law but the person in quote would be given a voluntary leave until he is done as a political office holder.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priest To Contest For Governor Of Cross River State (photos) by lanxlot(m): 9:09pm On Nov 07, 2014
alexis007:
a clergyman and politics??........someone wake him up and tell him that Nigeria is no Vatican city!
he is not the first, some body sometime who is a pastor contested for the position of the president
Re: Catholic Priest To Contest For Governor Of Cross River State (photos) by Nobody: 9:13pm On Nov 07, 2014
My worry is that there will be no First Lady if he's elected. Will he have a reverend sister to take the position?

Good luck to him anyway.

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Priest To Contest For Governor Of Cross River State (photos) by kokoA(m): 9:16pm On Nov 07, 2014
onyengbu:
Not a Rev. Father!
late Adasu was a full fledge catholic priest. You can google him up.
Re: Catholic Priest To Contest For Governor Of Cross River State (photos) by alexis007(m): 10:39pm On Nov 07, 2014
lanxlot:
he is not the first, some body sometime who is a pastor contested for the position of the president
they both are id!ots.......now the offering money they get after each sunday service isn't enough.....they now want to loot what's left in our nation's treasury...and funny enough,you'd never hear about an Imam who nurse silly political ambitions...If i hear bigots say that Heaven is for Christains alone eh...
Re: Catholic Priest To Contest For Governor Of Cross River State (photos) by missdebs(f): 12:42am On Nov 08, 2014
THATS IT! M goin into poltics

(1) (Reply)

Fully Pimped 2010 Honda Accord Coupe For Sale @n1.1m / Power Supply: What Ibadan Looks Like At Night. / Gov. Ugwuanyi Charges Stakeholders On Voters’ Registration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.