Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,220 members, 7,825,834 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

Boko Haram-nigerian Government Truce: An Offspring Of A Failed Government - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram-nigerian Government Truce: An Offspring Of A Failed Government (374 Views)

APC Senators' Truce Talks Upset Saraki’s Alliance With PDP. / Saraki Denies Snubbing Truce Meeting Called By Vice President Osinbajo / Adamawa Now Free Of Boko Haram — Nigerian Army (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram-nigerian Government Truce: An Offspring Of A Failed Government by fatai4change(m): 7:28am On Nov 08, 2014
BOKO HARAM-NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT TRUCE AGREEMENT: AN OFFSPRING OF A FAILED GOVERNMENT

I had always been antagonizing any resolving approach of negotiation with the insurgents, hoping it is a lasting solution to the uprising of this deadly sect rather believing in the "All out-war approach against these miscreants. The Nigerian government and the military leaders have demonstrated the laxity in their incompetent administrative intellect in their fight against the jihadists, with the fast welcoming of a failed truce deal. I know some will always be frown with my incessant condemnation for the ability of this government and our military Generals to avert the continuity of the Boko Haram mayhems, but we need to ask ourselves; Does it not worth condemning?

Few weeks back when i updated an article on all my social media accounts, I received series of criticisms and praises from men of divergent tribes, all sycophanting for the leader representing their tribe. This has exposed the bigot minds of our prople causing reccessive in our unity and development, ignoring the truth and always sectionalizing Nigeria irrespective of its implications. The Borno state government has always been outcrying the fact of a superior weapon of the sect over our valiant military men, but we never acknowledge until now. Is it not shame for a Rebellion sect to have superior weapon than our legitimate fighters? And yet the government keeps emphasizing on funding the military adequately in the fight against these "baggas", then how?

Poor salary, owed allowances, sabotaging, political manipulations, antiquated weapons and inadequate military kits; are these the funding products of the Nigerian government on the Nigerian military? Moreover, the military chiefs have demonstrated a cowardise behaviour by fast announcing Cease fire when " There is still fire on the mountain", yet ordering the arrest of five commanders who fled the battle front of Mubi with their soldiers when the insurgents invaded. The truth is how do
you expect these men to fight extremists carrying more sophisticated weapons amid their poor motivating factors, when what belongs to hundred of thousands is enpursed by few Generals? Then all should be charged and tried for cowardise behaviour of fast welcoming cease fire on a baseless ground and for fleeing the battle front of Mubi, Adamawa. Three things win a battle: The superior weapon, Tactics and High Morale of the troops. Two of these the Insurgents have over the Nigerian military, we are only contending them with our military tactics. Low morale: When the men pushed to the battled field don't even have food to put on the table for their family.They are shortpaid, they buy kits with their poor salary. So how do we fight them? And yet the government is claiming to have spent billions of dollars on the military in the last few years. Who's fault and who is to hold the military Generals accountable if truly government did what it claimed?

The present government and his cabinet lack the ability, skills and wisdom to end the uprising of Boko Haram and more so, including political tricks at the detriment of Nigerians loosing the lives to the fight everyday.

Once again, " REVOLUTION IS INEVITABLE", and until when Nigerians take up the challenge, then we can hope for a better Nigeria.

Edited by: Comrade Fatai4change

(1) (Reply)

25th Anniversary Of Berlin Wall Demolition / NYANYAN BLAST: Victims Lament Alleged Government’s Neglect / GEJ Vs GMB Ish

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.