Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,208 members, 7,818,706 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:21 PM

Aftermaths Of Disturbing Irregularities In Menstrual Cycles - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Aftermaths Of Disturbing Irregularities In Menstrual Cycles (776 Views)

Irregularities In Hospital Pharmacy: PCN Moves To Curb Their Excesses / Why Do Women's (who Stay Together) Menstrual Cycles Get In Sync? / Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aftermaths Of Disturbing Irregularities In Menstrual Cycles by PUMBA2(f): 11:50am On Nov 08, 2014
I am in dire need of advice for my sister who is and had been having problems with her menstrual cycles. Thanks in anticipation. Here's her story:

"I am a lady of 32, just few months to my next birthday. I am not married and never had been.

I had my menarche between ages 9 and 10. The first three months were steady, afterwards my menstruation became irregular.
It started with 28 days rest with 3 days of flow. Then 25 days rest and 4-5 days flow. During my 13th year, it became 21 days rest and 5 days of flow.
Between the ages of 14-15, I experienced 14 days rest and 3 days flow. Between 19 and 23 years of my life, it turned to 19-21 days rest and 5-7 days of flow.

The last 5 years had been terrible with 16-19 days rest and 7-8 days of flow. The last 2-3 years had been of continuous bleeding.

For 4 months, I've been using Primolut N as prescribed by a pharmacist. The drug did have an effect on the blood flow but hasn't been able to put a stop to it. The bleeding isn't heavy after the first 3-5 days of blood flow.

2 months ago, I used Ampiclox (pardon my spelling). The first month, I used it for 5 days with one capsule in a day. The second month, I used the same dosage for 7 days.

The last 4 months, I also noticed I have stomach ulcer. Due to this, I noticed hunger, hot food, citrus and pepper trigger my bleeding even when I'm not on my period

Lastly, there's this pain I just started experiencing in my right pelvic area."

Please, I need medical advices
Re: Aftermaths Of Disturbing Irregularities In Menstrual Cycles by Nobody: 6:58pm On Nov 08, 2014
Hi there, I'm sorry about her predicament. Does she self medicate? Has she seen a gynecologist? Is she overweight? Does she maintain a healthy lifestyle? Menstruation/ovulation can be affected lifestyle (exercise, stress, etc) and diet (fatty, sweet, fruits/vegetables etc) both positively and negatively.

I can go on and on but it all starts and ends with her, she needs professional help. Have her visit a gynecologist and possibly a nutritionist asap, best of luck smiley
Re: Aftermaths Of Disturbing Irregularities In Menstrual Cycles by PUMBA2(f): 7:08pm On Nov 08, 2014
Yes, she self medicates by online diagnosis thru other people's experiences and symptoms. She hasn't seen a gynecologist or any professional. She's not overweight but slim.
Re: Aftermaths Of Disturbing Irregularities In Menstrual Cycles by Nobody: 7:14pm On Nov 08, 2014
PUMBA2:
Yes, she self medicates by online diagnosis thru other people's experiences and symptoms. She hasn't seen a gynecologist or any professional. She's not overweight but slim.
Ok so please have her do that asap, good thing she's slim but I still want her to see a nutritionist. Sorry for the late reply, quote me in reply next time while I'm online so I can get your mention and give you a quicker reply smiley
Re: Aftermaths Of Disturbing Irregularities In Menstrual Cycles by PUMBA2(f): 7:45pm On Nov 08, 2014
Alright. sure, will do. Thanks
Re: Aftermaths Of Disturbing Irregularities In Menstrual Cycles by Nobody: 7:49pm On Nov 08, 2014
PUMBA2:
Alright. sure, will do. Thanks
Any time smiley
Re: Aftermaths Of Disturbing Irregularities In Menstrual Cycles by PUMBA2(f): 8:37am On May 09, 2015
Good morning to you, Nobody. I finally have a response for you. She got diagnosed of fibroids. She's also currently undergoing treatments.

(1) (Reply)

Akha,thailand Tetanus Vaccinations And Miscarriages / Why You Must Shun Soft Drink This Year / "Invisible Man" Created In Swedish Lab

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.