Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

Kelly Rowland Is Set To Duet With Nigerian Singer And Songwriter D'banj. - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Kelly Rowland Is Set To Duet With Nigerian Singer And Songwriter D'banj. (2457 Views)

Kelly Rowland Was Jealous Of Beyoncé , 'Dirty Laundry ' Reveals / Photos: Nigerian Singer Damino Damoche Shot Dead In Lasu This Afternoon / Tuface Releases Duet With R.kelly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kelly Rowland Is Set To Duet With Nigerian Singer And Songwriter D'banj. by smile4kenn(m): 7:01am On Nov 22, 2008
The first ever MTV Africa Music Awards is set to stamp an Afrocentric flavour on the ceremony.

Organisers of the MTV Africa Music Awards with Zain have revealed that the show will feature a tribute to the late, legendary Afrobeat artist Fela Anikulapo Kuti by his youngest son, Seun, and his daughter, Yeni.

Kuti will turn in a performance of his father's seminal track "Army Arrangement,” supported by Fela's own legendary backing band, Egypt 80.

The MAMAs - as these awards have been dubbed - take place at the Velodrome in the Nigerian city of Abuja on Nov. 22. The list of nominees in ten categories is dominated by South Africa with 18 individual nominations and host country, Nigeria, with 16.

Other performances on the night will come from South African R&B and hip-hop act Jozi, who will collaborate with Nigerian R&B duo P Square. Kelly Rowland is set to duet with Nigerian singer and songwriter D'Banj.

Miami hip hop star Flo Rida will perform a medley of his biggest hits including “Low” and “In the Ayer” (Atlantic). A four-way collaboration between South African rockers Cassette, Kenyan hip-hop king Jua Cali and Nigerian stars Naeto C and Ikechukwu is also planned.

U.S, rapper The Game, who has been performing at several Road To Mamas shows around the continent, is another live performer.

The guest presenters include many nominees including South African dance acts DJ Cleo and Goldfish, Mozambican hip-hop star Dama do Bling, and the East Africa act Bashment Crew.

DJ Kofi will be on the spot as the resident DJ for the show, which is presented by U.K. BBC Radio 1 DJ Trevor Nelson.

The show broadcasts on MTV base on South African based, pan-Africa satellite platform DSTV as well partner networks and terrestrial channels STV (Nigeria), AIT (Nigeria), NTV (Kenya), WBS (Uganda), TV3 (Ghana), TBC (Tanzania) and RTGA (Democratic Republic of the Congo) from Nov. 29.
Re: Kelly Rowland Is Set To Duet With Nigerian Singer And Songwriter D'banj. by TOYOSI20(f): 7:34am On Nov 22, 2008
I'm sure its going to be tight, can't wait to hear the song, cool
Re: Kelly Rowland Is Set To Duet With Nigerian Singer And Songwriter D'banj. by princesa(f): 2:51pm On Nov 22, 2008
why was kelly rowland the topic of it undecided
Re: Kelly Rowland Is Set To Duet With Nigerian Singer And Songwriter D'banj. by tosinadeda: 3:06pm On Nov 22, 2008
poster wanted a catchy topic i guess grin
Re: Kelly Rowland Is Set To Duet With Nigerian Singer And Songwriter D'banj. by princesa(f): 3:20pm On Nov 22, 2008
and it worked on me
just because of that i rushed in and read the epistle of my life angry
something i already know about sad
Re: Kelly Rowland Is Set To Duet With Nigerian Singer And Songwriter D'banj. by walttt(m): 3:46pm On Nov 22, 2008
@ poster
u just had to use the topic to lure us in, berra watch it!
Re: Kelly Rowland Is Set To Duet With Nigerian Singer And Songwriter D'banj. by princesa(f): 4:27pm On Nov 22, 2008
another misled grin
Re: Kelly Rowland Is Set To Duet With Nigerian Singer And Songwriter D'banj. by smile4kenn(m): 5:15am On Nov 23, 2008
it doesnt matter
Re: Kelly Rowland Is Set To Duet With Nigerian Singer And Songwriter D'banj. by demo47: 7:29am On Nov 23, 2008

Re: Kelly Rowland Is Set To Duet With Nigerian Singer And Songwriter D'banj. by demo47: 7:29am On Nov 23, 2008

Re: Kelly Rowland Is Set To Duet With Nigerian Singer And Songwriter D'banj. by smile4kenn(m): 1:22pm On Nov 23, 2008
yeah, thats the MTV artist of the year
Re: Kelly Rowland Is Set To Duet With Nigerian Singer And Songwriter D'banj. by princesa(f): 3:31pm On Nov 24, 2008
now thats d topic
mehn i wish i was there oh cheesy
Re: Kelly Rowland Is Set To Duet With Nigerian Singer And Songwriter D'banj. by demo47: 11:06pm On Nov 25, 2008

(1) (Reply)

FOCUS RECORDS Is Seeking For Dancer, Singers, Hip-hop Artists,rapper And Writers / Video : 2face - Ihe Neme / November Hottest Mix: "Top 20 Mix" By Dj Baddo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.