Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,993 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

Why Is Christianity Diminishing In Europe And America? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is Christianity Diminishing In Europe And America? (5493 Views)

Is Christianity True? The Greatest Conspiracy Ever / Is Christianity Losing The Battle On Nairaland? / Why Is Christianity So Hated And Persecuted Is It Because It's "conversion Theory" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Christianity Diminishing In Europe And America? by ZUBY77(m): 10:39pm On Nov 09, 2014
kaybiel2u:
I Wonder what Is going on In Europe And America as regards the Christians in the two continents. They seems not to belief Bible let alone Jesus Christ. They twist Bible teachings to suit their Lifestyles, like the case of homosexuality. And they are on daily basis getting converted to other religions. So, the question is, why is it that the number of Christians has drastically reduced in percentage terms?

It is not diminishing over there, rather it is increasing down here in Nigeria.
The reason is simple, the thieves has found out that stealing in the name of God won't put them in EFCC 's list. Guess what they are doing? Telling you that God requires your 10 percent or He will throw you to fire when you die. Remember it's when you die.

5 Likes

Re: Why Is Christianity Diminishing In Europe And America? by UyiIredia(m): 11:14pm On Nov 09, 2014
kaybiel2u:
baseless Point

Particularly point 3. After all the works of Christian. scholars in the medieval era till date he still has the gaol to write that nonsense.
Re: Why Is Christianity Diminishing In Europe And America? by UyiIredia(m): 11:21pm On Nov 09, 2014
musKeeto:

This is a preface to the Ghosts by Robert G. Ingersoll. This text was written in 1878.

All that genius from a person who adopted a purposeless worldview. Purposeless because atheism inevitably denies the basis of purpose in humans: the spirit (or mind). In any case, I can begin to understand Ingersoll's gripe with the church. I had grievances of my own too. But his atheism, I can't because between the universe and life (esp humans) in it the question of God's existence shouldn't even be debated.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Christianity Diminishing In Europe And America? by UyiIredia(m): 11:28pm On Nov 09, 2014
plaetton:

Thank you Muskeeto.

I find it funny that the op is pretending to ask a question, while he already knows what kind of answers to accept and the types to reject.

How can anyone ever learn something new when he has already chosen and restricted what he wants to know and what he doesn't want to know?

Dellusional stone-age goons.

No wonder there is a dearth of intelligence in the land.

And I suppose the preface of half truths, misplaced sentiments and seething dislike is intelligent.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Christianity Diminishing In Europe And America? by plaetton: 1:26am On Nov 10, 2014
UyiIredia:

All that genius from a person who adopted a purposeless worldview. Purposeless because atheism inevitably denies the basis of purpose in humans: the spirit (or mind).

So you inadvertently agree that the belief in god serves to give humans a purposeful worldview, much like psychotropic drugs that alter moods, alter perception, and sometimes to maintain sanity.

So the belief in god serves only to maintain a worldview, a comfortable and not threatening worldview, irrespective of whether it's true or not.
You believe in god because it makes you feel good.
Perfect.
I could not agree with you more .

UyiIredia:

But his atheism, I can't because between the universe and life (esp humans) in it the question of God's existence shouldn't even be debated.
Yeah. grin
Just like Santa Clause, especially with the snow, gifts and merriment that comes with it, the question of Santa's existence should not even be debated.
Right sir? undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Is Christianity Diminishing In Europe And America? by okeke00(m): 5:56am On Nov 10, 2014
malvisguy212:
are you a christian,my good friend?
◄ 2 Thessalonians 2:3 ►
Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come,
except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed,
the son of perdition;
in other word: the last day shall not come unless people depart from the truth,clearing the way for wikedness and sin to happen,this is the perfect time for athiest and muslims,
athiest:do what they want to do as it pleased them
muslims: implement sharia law, abandon the grace of God in christ jesus, a sinner can condemed a sinner to death with the help of sharia law, or even falsly condemed a beliver.
are you aware that they are the ones that made up all these that you are quoting?
My dear, i left religion after a total research on its history, i also left religion knowing fully that it cause more harm than good to Nigerians.
You might be a good person but dont let religious bigotry affect your sense of reasoning

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Christianity Diminishing In Europe And America? by malvisguy212: 6:35am On Nov 10, 2014
okeke00:
are you aware that they are the ones that made up all these that you are quoting?
My dear, i left religion after a total research on its history, i also left religion knowing fully that it cause more harm than good to Nigerians.
You might be a good person but dont let religious bigotry affect your sense of reasoning
in all religions,salvation is attain by human effort(good deed as you said) but in christianity,salvation is free,it is the free gift of God in christ jesus,do you believe in God? Do you think God will judge you bass on your good deed? Can you bribe God with your good deed? Supposed a man killed your love's ones,and the judge judged him base on his good deed,his good deed outwight his bad deed and he was freed,will you called the judge a good judge? My brother,it is only by the grace of God he bestow on jesus we are saved.

You did not abandoned religeon, you are running from God because you cant meet the principle of holiness,you want to defined holiness by your self.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Christianity Diminishing In Europe And America? by JackBizzle: 7:03am On Nov 10, 2014
malvisguy212:
in all religions,salvation is attain by human effort(good deed as you said) but in christianity,salvation is free,it is the free gift of God in christ jesus,do you believe in God? Do you think God will judge you bass on your good deed? Can you bribe God with your good deed? Supposed a man killed your love's ones,and the judge judged him base on his good deed,his good deed outwight his bad deed and he was freed,will you called the judge a good judge? My brother,it is only by the grace of God he bestow on jesus we are saved.

You did not abandoned religeon, you are running from God because you cant meet the principle of holiness,you want to defined holiness by your self.

Running from God? lmao

What has God done in your life?

Why would God use someone like you to minster to atheists?

Many of the atheists here are far more intelligent than you (judging by posts/arguments/philosophical threads) and so, why should they just accept your preaching on good faith?

How are you different from an illiterate trying to convince an educated man that a pagan god will strike him with thunder?

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Christianity Diminishing In Europe And America? by malvisguy212: 7:42am On Nov 10, 2014
JackBizzle:

Running from God? lmao

Many of the atheists here are far more intelligent than you (judging by posts/arguments/philosophical threads) and so, why should they just accept your preaching on good faith?

How are you different from an illiterate trying to convince an educated man that a pagan god will strike him with thunder?
romans 1:21-23
Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their
foolish heart was darkened. 22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, 23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and
creeping things.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Christianity Diminishing In Europe And America? by JackBizzle: 7:50am On Nov 10, 2014
malvisguy212:
romans 1:21-23
Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their
foolish heart was darkened. 22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, 23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and
creeping things.

Any fool can quote the bible
Re: Why Is Christianity Diminishing In Europe And America? by UyiIredia(m): 8:41am On Nov 10, 2014
plaetton:

So you inadvertently agree that the belief in god serves to give humans a purposeful worldview, much like psychotropic drugs that alter moods, alter perception, and sometimes to maintain sanity.

So the belief in god serves only to maintain a worldview, a comfortable and not threatening worldview, irrespective of whether it's true or not.
You believe in god because it makes you feel good.
Perfect.
I could not agree with you more .

Yeah. grin
Just like Santa Clause, especially with the snow, gifts and merriment that comes with it, the question of Santa's existence should not even be debated.
Right sir? undecided

The comfortable worldview involves being responsible to none but oneself, sexual permissiveness and moral laxity. I can understand it if the reality of hell is too much for one's mind to absorb. So all you folks do is resort to blackmail and guilt mongering over the issue of hell as consequence for sin, never mind that your worldview advocates a much worse moral relativism where anything goes. Its not comfortable to stand or kneel all night or consistently for days in prayer, its difficult to have to read 66 or 72 page book consistently and follow its expectations, its not easy to be accountable to your conscience more so to God.

Your pathetic and unimaginative attempt at a worn-out, and pirated mockery is amusing. Too bad I won't laugh and I've since learnt not to cry. I bring a proof of God and the usual tactics are repeated deliberate misunderstanding, misdirection, ignorance and denial. These are at least understandable but the empty insults I find most annoying.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Christianity Diminishing In Europe And America? by okeke00(m): 8:51am On Nov 10, 2014
malvisguy212:

are you implying that without religion, i will not be a good person?
Re: Why Is Christianity Diminishing In Europe And America? by malvisguy212: 9:04am On Nov 10, 2014
okeke00:
are you implying that without religion, i will not be a good person?
you can be a good person,but you cant interpret good for God,bible say the wisdom of God which passes all understanding shall abide in you,this mean God wisdom is more than your understanding.

Christianity is not a religion.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Christianity Diminishing In Europe And America? by Orunto: 10:53am On Nov 10, 2014
I am not kidding. I am a matured Born Again Christian.
I am not living in an alternate universe. I am living in the world of Nigeria. You said, "The only principles that religion, especially the three that you have mentioned , have ever bequeathed humanity is to pit one human against another human". Is this thesame way you would say that our 1999 Constitution was preplanned for a deliberate twisting and selfish misinterpretation and misapplication by NASS? These Religions did not create Al Qaeda, Bokoharam, CIA, ISIS, IBB, GMB, MODU SHERIF, IHEJIRIKA, STIVEN DAVIES etc, Practitioners of the Religions did. The Nigerian Constitution never envisaged Defection the rediculously reckless way Tambuwal just did. The Legislators colluded to make it workable for Tambuwal, Ameechi etc. And much more. Africa was full of bushmen and naked women of the Bantu and Sudanese Negroes, until we adopted and adapted the cultural and moral codes of these great Religions to guide us so far.
Look around you? Ofcourse, I am always looking around. I see ILLUMINATI, a concept based on God of Light. I see The Masons, a concept based on a building God, God of Creation. The God who designed the first ever living Apartments for Adam and Eve was a superb Architect and a Mason I see Confucians, a concept based on finding Light in all of these jigsaws. I also see Islam continuously flexing muscles to come on top to be recognised. Whatsoever we copied should not enslave us but should add to our own original wisdom to make us better and greater than those we copied from. Let us develop our moral and cultures in addition to those we have copied to bring us always on top. Militancy in style of the Southsouth is like Robinhood of our English culture. But bokoharam is backward, vicious, destructive, retrogressive, regressive, totally evil and strange to Nigeria culture. The fault my friend is not in our stars, but in ourselves that we always misapply everything we copy. YOU ARE BLACK YOU WANT TO BE WHITE. DON'T FIGHT BUT RESEARCH A CREAM TO APPLY TO MAKE YOU MORE BEAUTIFUL THAN WHITE AND BLACK. MAY GOD HELP US ALL AND HELP GEJ AND NIGERIA IN PARTICULAR.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Christianity Diminishing In Europe And America? by okeke00(m): 12:20pm On Nov 10, 2014
malvisguy212:
you can be a good person,but you cant interpret good for God,bible say the wisdom of God which passes all understanding shall abide in you,this mean God wisdom is more than your understanding.

so which God should i follow?
Re: Why Is Christianity Diminishing In Europe And America? by UyiIredia(m): 12:58pm On Nov 10, 2014
okeke00:

Start with a deist God. All religions and deism are at least correct in postulating a God. Deists make fewer claims on the nature of God religions could rightly be said to be philosophies on the nature of God in addition to relationships between man and God.
Re: Why Is Christianity Diminishing In Europe And America? by malvisguy212: 4:13pm On Nov 10, 2014
okeke00:
the I AM THAT I AM.
Re: Why Is Christianity Diminishing In Europe And America? by PastorAIO: 5:54pm On Nov 10, 2014
JackBizzle:

undecided

Religion- making people believe in the apocalypse since 0 AD

Earlier. zoroaster was at it about half a millenium before.
Re: Why Is Christianity Diminishing In Europe And America? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Nov 10, 2014
UyiIredia:

All that genius from a person who adopted a purposeless worldview.
All this nonsense from a shallow mind. You don't believe in Santa, so Christmas is purposeless? sad

UyiIredia:

Purposeless because atheism inevitably denies the basis of purpose in humans: the spirit (or mind)
More nonsense. Atheism doesn't deny that. I believe man finds purpose within not without. I find that a much better proposition than yours that proposes that man has no purpose without God.

UyiIredia:

In any case, I can begin to understand Ingersoll's gripe with the church.
He did that over a 150 years ago. The text was written in 1878.

UyiIredia:

I had grievances of my own too.
You still do. Obviously.

UyiIredia:

But his atheism, I can't because between the universe and life (esp humans) in it the question of God's existence shouldn't even be debated.
The fact that it is should be a pointer that there is reason to doubt such a being exists. It would be madness to see a group of men debating the sun or the heat it radiates.

btw, if life is proof of God, what does death prove?
Re: Why Is Christianity Diminishing In Europe And America? by michaelwestern(m): 6:11pm On Nov 10, 2014
to all the idióts commenting, the OP is talking about decrease of christianity not religion in general. islam is now the fastest growing religion in europe.

provide answers that relates with question.
Re: Why Is Christianity Diminishing In Europe And America? by plaetton: 6:36pm On Nov 10, 2014
michaelwestern:
to all the idióts commenting, the OP is talking about decrease of christianity not religion in general. islam is now the fastest growing religion in europe.

And only an idiot would lack the commonsense to realize Europeans are not converting to Islam in record numbers, but that Muslims are migrating to European countries and having children in record numbers.

5 Likes

Re: Why Is Christianity Diminishing In Europe And America? by UyiIredia(m): 7:26pm On Nov 10, 2014
And the muskeeto bites

musKeeto:

All this nonsense from a shallow mind. You don't believe in Santa, so Christmas is purposeless? sad

I never believed in Santa though the I find the equation of God to Santa amusing. Santa's more liberal

musKeeto:

More nonsense. Atheism doesn't deny that. I believe man finds purpose within not without. I find that a much better proposition than yours that proposes that man has no purpose without God.

Within what ? Who made man with that purpose ? That is the question you ignore. In any case atheism denies purpose to the extent that it is materialistic.

musKeeto:

He did that over a 150 years ago. The text was written in 1878.

So what ?

musKeeto:

You still do. Obviously.

To a lesser extent. But I must say that atheism is more of a problem to me than than the church.

musKeeto:

The fact that it is should be a pointer that there is reason to doubt such a being exists. It would be madness to see a group of men debating the sun or the heat it radiates.

And the materialism I spoke of earlier manifests in you analogy using the sun. The debate for God only shows that some choose to disbelieve in spite of the evidence presented. Go ahead and ask for love's location or morality's weight.

musKeeto:
btw, if life is proof of God, what does death prove?

The evil God can do. Though I must note here that the death of evil and its minions will be in good taste. The question is what things fall as evil.
Re: Why Is Christianity Diminishing In Europe And America? by JackBizzle: 7:44pm On Nov 10, 2014
michaelwestern:

Stop exposing your ignorance. Islam is not the fastest growing religion.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Christianity Diminishing In Europe And America? by macof(m): 7:51pm On Nov 10, 2014
UyiIredia:

All that genius from a person who adopted a purposeless worldview. Purposeless because atheism inevitably denies the basis of purpose in humans: the spirit (or mind). In any case, I can begin to understand Ingersoll's gripe with the church. I had grievances of my own too. But his atheism, I can't because between the universe and life (esp humans) in it the question of God's existence shouldn't even be debated.

Which of the Gods
Re: Why Is Christianity Diminishing In Europe And America? by macof(m): 7:53pm On Nov 10, 2014
JackBizzle:

Running from God? lmao

grin this was a killer reply

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Christianity Diminishing In Europe And America? by macof(m): 7:57pm On Nov 10, 2014
malvisguy212:
the I AM THAT I AM.
In other words the Christian God...here's the very point of many atheist argument

Bigotry is the gift of religion, from there comes hate and disunity and finally betrayal and outright downfall of nations
This happened to Oyo, Persia, Ethiopia, Benin, Congo
Learn from history

Religion serves no one right

1 Like

Re: Why Is Christianity Diminishing In Europe And America? by macof(m): 8:00pm On Nov 10, 2014
malvisguy212:

Another sweet pointer to the atheist argument:
Good is objective, wat is good for ur God, Jehovah is bad for the Islamic God Allah and so other religions
Bottomline you going to all hells except the Christian one

1 Like

Re: Why Is Christianity Diminishing In Europe And America? by 4C2215131: 11:16pm On Nov 10, 2014
The battle is lost in the areas the OP mentioned, nay, the war is lost!

1 Like

Re: Why Is Christianity Diminishing In Europe And America? by Nobody: 11:59pm On Nov 10, 2014
[size=15pt]Because they've used their brains to research the bible, and can see it's all fairytale, mythical CRAP unlike you zombies whose brains are only there for decoration.[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Christianity Diminishing In Europe And America? by malvisguy212: 8:25am On Nov 11, 2014
macof:

Another sweet pointer to the atheist argument:
Good is objective, wat is good for ur God, Jehovah is bad for the Islamic God Allah and so other religions
Bottomline you going to all hells except the Christian one
God did not created man to be religeous,God created a being that wuld express love for each other,and to worship him,christians is like a nickname giving to someone that behave as christ.God did not mention the name christian in his mouth,it is the people ,when they saw the good behaviour of the disciple,it remind them of jesus christ, so they nickname the disciples christians. God just want a relationship with us that why he created man. Christianity is not a religion.in all religieon,salvation is attain by human effort, but in christianity,it is the free gift of God"it is finish" the work has been done, your own is to believe and be saved.
Re: Why Is Christianity Diminishing In Europe And America? by malvisguy212: 8:32am On Nov 11, 2014
macof:

In other words the Christian God...here's the very point of many atheist argument

Bigotry is the gift of religion, from there comes hate and disunity and finally betrayal and outright downfall of nations
Learn from history

the I AM THAT I AM, the ONE that exist outside time were cause and effect are not real, the ONE that created all things.

There are many verse that indicated that God is outside time.
Re: Why Is Christianity Diminishing In Europe And America? by malvisguy212: 8:34am On Nov 11, 2014
macof:

Learn from history

the I AM THAT I AM, the ONE that exist outside time were cause and effect are not real, the ONE that created all things.

There are many verse that indicated that God is outside time.

Evil happen because the world is notperfect.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Party! Party!! Party!!! / Theophilus Sunday Biography: Age & Wife / Theism And The Pettiness Of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.