Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,735 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

My Laptop Slows Down - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My Laptop Slows Down (1223 Views)

Help: System Updates Slows Down My PC! / My Charger Slows Down My System / How To Use The Sim Card Slot On My Laptop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Laptop Slows Down by dreday(m): 11:26pm On Nov 22, 2008
Hi people

Please help me.I use a hp h510 and recently started experiencing something very annoying.
Whenever my laptop is on and i'm using AC power(i.e. the laptop is connected to electric bla bla bla),i'm ok.But immediately power is cut(PHCN wahala and maybe fuel finish for gen),the system becomes really slow.Infact,it gets so slow that most times I end up restarting the system to get it to function normally again.
If I'm very lucky(which doesn't happen often),I get the system to hibernate and by the time I boot it,everything's fine again.

N.B When I'm running on battery,this problem never arises.Happens only when the power goes from AC to DC

Please,help this brother.
Re: My Laptop Slows Down by dreday(m): 11:28pm On Nov 22, 2008
P.S
I use kaspersky 2009 with the latest updates.I have scanned the system so much I doubt any virus will have the mind to remain on it.I have also used tune up 2009 to check it and everything came back clean.
Thanks
Re: My Laptop Slows Down by dreday(m): 12:52pm On Nov 23, 2008
People,help me now.
Re: My Laptop Slows Down by MissyB1(m): 10:35pm On Nov 23, 2008
We'll get to you soon!! cheesy
Hold on! tongue
Re: My Laptop Slows Down by labilo: 11:04am On Nov 25, 2008
well,since it works properly on ac,we cnt assume its d memory or dat its a virus slown dwn ur operatn system! so d only option u v got is 2 change ur power pack! some laptops are sensitive 2 fake adapters! in most cases, d mouse begins 2 drag or hang! try ds & call me if it persists 08078688354 wale
Re: My Laptop Slows Down by Dclique(m): 5:41pm On Nov 25, 2008
I WOULDN'T LIE TO YOU,
IF ITS MORE THAN 2YRS,
THATS SIGN OF ITS END TIME, grin grin
Re: My Laptop Slows Down by dreday(m): 7:23pm On Nov 25, 2008
Bros,anyhow sha,the laptop don old small sha,like 15 months.So,the thing no get solution?
Re: My Laptop Slows Down by asheggy: 9:38pm On Nov 25, 2008
i exp. this kind of tin in my cafe. i ve to change the adaptor b4 i am free i browse freely now without having this kind of prob again. plz change the adapter n c.if it persist call mi 08051928291 or we chat 2ru asheggy@yahoo.com
Re: My Laptop Slows Down by Infoseye(m): 1:24pm On Nov 26, 2008
dreday:

Hi people

Please help me.I use a hp h510 and recently started experiencing something very annoying.
Whenever my laptop is on and i'm using AC power(i.e. the laptop is connected to electric bla bla bla),i'm ok.But immediately power is cut(PHCN wahala and maybe fuel finish for gen),the system becomes really slow.Infact,it gets so slow that most times I end up restarting the system to get it to function normally again.
If I'm very lucky(which doesn't happen often),I get the system to hibernate and by the time I boot it,everything's fine again.

N.B When I'm running on battery,this problem never arises.Happens only when the power goes from AC to DC

Please,help this brother.

First of all I dont think its as todo with virus, What OS are you running on? If its Vista check your configuration under your control panel,some where under power cant remember now but hope this helps.
Re: My Laptop Slows Down by sojioguns(m): 11:18am On Dec 01, 2008
Some laptops come with annoying power management software that greatly reduce processor and vga performance all to increase battery life. Check your power setting under control panel and if possible, uninstall the power management software.

(1) (Reply)

My Laptop Is Making A Long Non Stop Noise / I Need Laptop Casing Hp 500. / Please I Need Pass Key For Winzip Driver Updater ASAP Thanks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.