Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,534 members, 7,823,319 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:41 AM

Pls, Help Me. Blue Screen Of Death Appears On Screen. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Pls, Help Me. Blue Screen Of Death Appears On Screen. (1218 Views)

How To Fix Blue Screen Of Death & System Auto Restart Issue / Blue Screen Of Death Laptop Problem - How To You Fix It?? / Windows Xp Blue Screen (unmountable-boot-volume): Please Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls, Help Me. Blue Screen Of Death Appears On Screen. by dimco(m): 9:12am On Mar 13, 2009
I just got this problem of blue screen. When i try booting ma pc, the 'shit' comes up and reboots d pc. It just continues like dat anytime i try booting. Really frustrating it is. Housemates, pls i need ur invaluable advice n possible solutions on how 2 resolve this.
Re: Pls, Help Me. Blue Screen Of Death Appears On Screen. by namzo(m): 4:58pm On Mar 13, 2009
It may be due to a recently installed hardware, like RAM. If you did, try replacing it & see what happens.
Re: Pls, Help Me. Blue Screen Of Death Appears On Screen. by Mustay(m): 5:37pm On Mar 13, 2009
Run the system on Safe Mode at startup or perform a system recovery to the last time your system didn't show the blue screen.
Re: Pls, Help Me. Blue Screen Of Death Appears On Screen. by Nobody: 6:11pm On Mar 13, 2009
If you made changes to your pc before last time u shut down, please let us know.
Meanwhile. . .press F8 just before windows start booting to give you access to safe mode or repair or whatever.
I do not even know the kind of OS you are running. . .
Re: Pls, Help Me. Blue Screen Of Death Appears On Screen. by TmeD0(m): 6:24pm On Mar 13, 2009
dhtml:

If you made changes to your pc before last time u shut down, please let us know.
Meanwhile. . .press F8 just before windows start booting to give you access to safe mode or repair or whatever.
I do not even know the kind of OS you are running. . .

With all due respect mod but isn't BSOD synonymous to Windows?  wink

Any Mac or Linux users in the house that can verify BSOD on either one?  grin
Re: Pls, Help Me. Blue Screen Of Death Appears On Screen. by Nobody: 6:34pm On Mar 13, 2009
I meant, is it Windows XP, Windows Vista (just had to be sure). . .i need that information in other to tell him to go to safe mode, use System Restore, or any other mode of repair that may be needed. . .

Besides, you are post off-topic, you are not helping the poster by your reply. . .you are replying me rather than the topic. . .
Re: Pls, Help Me. Blue Screen Of Death Appears On Screen. by TmeD0(m): 7:54pm On Mar 13, 2009
@mod, when you stated OS initially, you had me confused because to my understanding Windows (all versions included), Linux, Mac and so on are all OSs.

Maybe if you had asked what version of Windows poster is running like you just clearly did now, I won't be confused in the first place.  I was merely trying to get some clarification on what you meant there.  Now, as far as helping the poster,  he/she hasn't really provided enough information for anyone to try to determine what could be the cause of the problem and offer possible solutions. 

Besides, namzo and Mustsay already offered possible solutions but until we know exactly what transpired prior to poster getting BSOD, we can only speculate.  BSOD can be caused by various things i.e. a recent change in hardware (like namzo stated, though it could be some other h/w other than the RAM), recent driver change or install, recent software install, and so on. 

And just out of curiosity, how is asking for a clarification pertaining the subject off-topic?

@poster, did you recently install any new software or hardware prior to getting the BSOD? Did you update or install a driver recently? Answers to these questions can help determine why you're getting BSOD.  At this point, I'll suggest you do what mustsay suggested since we can't tell if you made a recent hardware, software or driver change to your system--that's the quick and dirty way to revert your system back to an earlier state before the BSOD problem began.  Good luck.  Peace!
Re: Pls, Help Me. Blue Screen Of Death Appears On Screen. by dimco(m): 6:54am On Mar 14, 2009
Thanks 4 ur contributions. I actually run win xp3. I just formatted my c drive and reinstalled os. After installing my drivers and some programs, i restarted the system but it couldn't log me in. A message popped out which read 'cannot create temporary profile directory. May be due to insufficient security rights' and another popped up saying 'cannot load user profile' i'm kinda confused. I wouldn't want to lose my docs formatting again. Pls, what do i do?
Re: Pls, Help Me. Blue Screen Of Death Appears On Screen. by Nobody: 3:57pm On Mar 14, 2009
@T@meD0, once again, you spent more lines talking to me than helping the poster. . .off topic (this thread is not about helping me - thank you).

@poster: i am not sure of how to solve that problem. . .i have seen it before. . .but i was still able to get my files back from safe mode, the pc in question had to be reinstalled at the end (i am not sure if repair will have solved the problem - the owner was impatient).

I will like to know how to solve that problem without formating the os. . .by the way, i even went to safe mode and created a new administrative account, still on re-booting, it still said does not have sufficient rights. . .

@poster, just hold on, i am sure more interesting posts are still on the way. .  .my own best suggestion for now, is to go to safe mode, and create a new user account, reboot and see if that will load properly. . .that should not cause any damage even if it doesnt work
Re: Pls, Help Me. Blue Screen Of Death Appears On Screen. by namzo(m): 5:37pm On Mar 14, 2009
Now something weird is going on. I made a comment on this post yesterday & today a blue sreen shows up on my PC. hmmm. Maybe it's the Windows7
Re: Pls, Help Me. Blue Screen Of Death Appears On Screen. by Mustay(m): 5:52pm On Mar 14, 2009
Why do people refer to formatting as the next option when it ought to be the last critical resort? It's like a mechanic telling you to buy a new car cos he can't repair the brake problem. I don't understand this poster.
Re: Pls, Help Me. Blue Screen Of Death Appears On Screen. by Nobody: 6:09pm On Mar 14, 2009
I did not say the guy should format. . .it is a last resort. . .and like i said, i am still awaiting suggestions. . .i believe the problem has something to do
with some registry settings somewhere. . .but i have not really been able to solve it yet. . .i do hope someone post a solution on this problem
soonest. . .
Re: Pls, Help Me. Blue Screen Of Death Appears On Screen. by Mustay(m): 10:33pm On Mar 14, 2009
I referred not to your post(s)!
Re: Pls, Help Me. Blue Screen Of Death Appears On Screen. by TmeD0(m): 7:43pm On Mar 16, 2009
@poster, more than likely that profile is corrupt due to some bad sectors on the HD.  Can you login to Windows with the built-in administrator account?  If so I'd suggest you do that and run chkdsk /r from the command prompt.  Go to start -> run or hold down the Windows logo key + 'R" and type cmd in the list box.  Click ok and at the commnd prompt, type the command above.  It will tell you windows is using the file, type Y(es) for it to run chkdsk when the PC reboots.  Reboot your PC and let it run chkdsk after which Windows should boot up normally.  If chkdsk finds (I bet it would) and repairs ton of bad sectors, you might be looking into investing in another HD very soon. 

On the other hand, if you can login using the built-in administrator account, create another user account with administrative rights, login to that new account and log back in as administrator.  While logged in as administrator, copy the user account you're unable to login when you got the "cannot create temp profile, " error to the new user account you've just created.  If you're able to log in with the new user account, you probably still want to run chkdsk cause you might still encounter the same problem soon.  If you still can't get into Windows, try safe mode with command prompt to do all the tasks I mentioned above--- press F8 immediately after the PC maker's splash screen disappears and shows a black screen (usually lasts for like 2 to 3 secs).  Good luck! 

Mustay:

I don't understand this poster.

@mod, I have no comments but it's obvious he wasn't referring to your post---no need to get defensive like you've been with my comments.  Peace!
Re: Pls, Help Me. Blue Screen Of Death Appears On Screen. by Nobody: 12:50am On Mar 17, 2009
I have not really gotten defensive. . .not just yet. . .

@poster, have you been able to solve your problems?
Re: Pls, Help Me. Blue Screen Of Death Appears On Screen. by dimco(m): 1:59am On Mar 17, 2009
Well, i really thank all of u who are concerned in this issue. I actually cant log in cos after all those messages, another displays 'closing network connections', 'saving ur settings', 'logging off' and it hangs there 4 hours. Ok, i tried the safe mode but discovered it can't be launched cos it loads some sys files and gets stuck along the way then reboots and just like a loop, the whole process commences again. Fine, i tried using a bootable cd to repair, i ran chkdsk \p and bootcfg \r , a new bootsector was successfully written and disk checked with no bad sectors found but all to no avail. So, anyone out there with more useful tips should kindly comment.
Re: Pls, Help Me. Blue Screen Of Death Appears On Screen. by TmeD0(m): 1:15pm On Mar 17, 2009
@poster, try running the commands fixmbr and fixboot separately from the recovery console using your XP installation disc.  I have a feeling this might be a hardware issue and not a software issue hence the BSOD you had earlier prior to you doing a clean install.  Did you install/upgrade any hardware e.g. memory recently?  If you did, remove it and try to load windows again.  Give us a feedback,  good luck.
Re: Pls, Help Me. Blue Screen Of Death Appears On Screen. by Nobody: 11:32pm On Mar 17, 2009
At this point, i will suggest you get your files off the system, with all them external hard disk readers. . .then re-format your pc. . .
From my own experience, by the time a pc is unable to go to safe mode, then there is serious problem. . .

Just my own opinion. . .with all this commands, bootconfig, fix-master-boot-record and all of them, they may work, but a time may
come when all the files you want to fix may have been damaged beyond repair. . .so better move fast and stop tryin to be a hero
Re: Pls, Help Me. Blue Screen Of Death Appears On Screen. by nigeriancuban: 2:05am On Oct 19, 2015
@ all ..my system and oo exhibit the same exact problem and I have tried and done all the above reddy but all to know avail,even bought a new additional ram when someone suggested a low memory problem and I'm so confused now cause I actually just bought it from these second handed guys at alaba,I haven't even used it for any designs at all and it just seems such a great waste for me.....pls any good technician who have really handled such problems should post a tested solution pls

(1) (Reply)

Please How Can I Convert My Documents To PDF And JPG Formats. Please Help / 8 Google Fun Tricks That You’d Love To Know / How Can I Upload Pictures To My Facebook Albums Without It Posting On My Wall?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.