Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? (90747 Views)

Court Sends Adamawa Ex-commissioner To 10 Years In Prison For Embezzlement / Fashola At The Kalakuta Museum Where Fela Kuti Was Buried / Throwback Photo Of Fela Kuti Wearing Pant To Play Table Tennis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by lalasticalaa: 7:28pm On Nov 10, 2014
wickedness
Re: Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Nov 10, 2014
Double post

1 Like

Re: Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Nov 10, 2014
and the number one Buhari hater on Nairaland has moved the idiotic thread to front page.

8 Likes

Re: Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by Gorrbachev: 7:30pm On Nov 10, 2014
The "GEJ is a coward" thread did not go as planed (did not gather sympathy), its time to attack Buhari. grin grin grin grin

Fela was a thorn in their flesh, so he was imprisoned. If he was alive today, this government would have been the worst he'll ever see. Mama peace would have attacked him like they did Soyinka.

9 Likes

Re: Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by publicenemy(m): 7:30pm On Nov 10, 2014
Hh
Re: Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Nov 10, 2014
berem:
On-going research indeed. You're so jobless that you now research on Buhari and his arrest of Fela which happened decades ago. Why don't you channel your research on Boko Haram and suggest possible ways of ending the insurgency as a saTANist and tell us what JonaTAN has to offer in 2015.

Yeye dey smell!
What's wrong with this one now? Mtchew. Buhari's puppet.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by gistmelove(m): 7:31pm On Nov 10, 2014
Becos his addicted to drug..

Hope that answer help??

nairaland with de yeye question...

Story for the godsss

1 Like

Re: Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by simpleseyi: 7:31pm On Nov 10, 2014
Acidosis:

http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammadu_Buhari

Can anyone get me valid answers pls?

Mr. Seun, front page please... I need this info for an on-going research. Thank you my able mentor. smiley

Do you expect a responsible government to encourage Fela in promoting the smoking and abuse of Indian Hemp like your clueless Jona-than is promoting Boko Haram and Oil theft and bunkering?

12 Likes

Re: Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by komek(m): 7:32pm On Nov 10, 2014
barcanista:
When General Muhammadu Buhari came to power, there was wide corruption in the Second Republic. A decree was passed that nobody take out or bring in foreign currency into the country. Offenders are liable to 10years in Jail. This decree was to curb money laundering by politicians and corrupt businessmen.

FELA KUTI
Fela had performed abroad, he was paid in foreign currency in cash and had it on him on his return to Lagos. He was subsequently arrested for breaking the law and was prosecuted, found guilty and jailed.

PLEA:
There was a plea by human right groups to Head of State Buhari to "pardon" Fela, he refused because he believe that the law be served to the letter.

THE OFFENSE, GMB AND FELA:
First, there was an existing law/decree.

Secondly, Fela bringing in cash means it contradicts the law/decree, however, the money is from hard work.
Morally, he's justified! Legally, he is not.

Buhari had refused to grant pardon, because the law was broken. If he grants pardon, some section of politicians will accuse him of preferential treatment. He didn't because he believes in absolute discipline.
By law, he is justified. Morally, he is not, considering that it was Fela's sweat(my opinion). The law does not work with emotion unfortunately.

MY OPINION:
GMB should have pardoned Fela. The law should have made for exception. Buhari should have tampered justice with mercy

Did they hack this moniker?

3 Likes

Re: Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by Nobody: 7:32pm On Nov 10, 2014
berem:
On-going research indeed. You're so jobless that you now research on Buhari and his arrest of Fela which happened decades ago. Why don't you channel your research on Boko Haram and suggest possible ways of ending the insurgency as a saTANist and tell us what JonaTAN has to offer in 2015.

Yeye dey smell!
don't criticize dear,for example me i'm not a fan of politics but i get paid criticizing politicians cause that's my job as a member of the press. Hope you understand what you see as joblessness is how i make my own living.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Nov 10, 2014
Haha... Nice one... Fela does not deserve jail... He is not even the only one that was unlucky..

1 Like

Re: Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by hazyfm: 7:34pm On Nov 10, 2014
Acidosis:

any proof?

I am sure you will also need a proof that you have Two balls in between your K-legs right?

4 Likes

Re: Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Nov 10, 2014
ggrin:
Just imagine what will happen if the angel who
as been holding the trumpet to christ's second
coming For over 2000yrs decide to test if the
trumpet is still working...gringrin
lmao....guy y u dey reason like dis na? U wan tear ma belle? Lolz
nairaland na wah o

3 Likes

Re: Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by Adyrin(m): 7:35pm On Nov 10, 2014
Ask google
Re: Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Nov 10, 2014
You shall know the Truth and it will set you free.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by kskpoundz(m): 7:35pm On Nov 10, 2014
Op I don't c any research in what u put up there.where did u put ur google? All dis polical E-thug self
Re: Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by anonimi: 7:36pm On Nov 10, 2014
berem:
. Why don't you channel your research on Boko Haram and suggest possible ways of ending the insurgency as a saTANist and tell us what JonaTAN has to offer in 2015.

Yeye dey smell!

The OP don choose im own research. Shey im stop you for do the research wey you suggest above ni
If he is stopping you, please tell us HOW. We may be able to appeal to him grin

14 Likes

Re: Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Nov 10, 2014

12 Likes

Re: Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by festwiz(m): 7:37pm On Nov 10, 2014
I have no idea, so am here to rep #Nairaland

Read

This

Amazing

Story

https://www.nairaland.com/1953786/5man-crew#27475063
Re: Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by honestivo(m): 7:37pm On Nov 10, 2014
berem:

Yeye dey smell!
But is dis same Buhari dat is cryin 4 impunity 2day don't 4get he who kill with gun we surly die by gun.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Nov 10, 2014
barcanista:
When General Muhammadu Buhari came to power, there was wide corruption in the Second Republic. A decree was passed that nobody take out or bring in foreign currency into the country. Offenders are liable to 10years in Jail. This decree was to curb money laundering by politicians and corrupt businessmen.

FELA KUTI
Fela had performed abroad, he was paid in foreign currency in cash and had it on him on his return to Lagos. He was subsequently arrested for breaking the law and was prosecuted, found guilty and jailed.

PLEA:
There was a plea by human right groups to Head of State Buhari to "pardon" Fela, he refused because he believe that the law be served to the letter.

Secondly, Fela bringing in cash means it contradicts the law/decree, however, the money is from hard work.

Buhari had refused to grant pardon, because the law was broken. If he grants pardon, some section of politicians will accuse him of preferential treatment. He didn't because he believes in absolute discipline.
By law, he is justified. Morally, he is not, considering that it was Fela's sweat(my opinion). The law does not work with emotion unfortunately.

MY OPINION:
GMB should have pardoned Fela. The law should have made for exception. Buhari should have tampered justice with mercy

Seems like it was only Fela that broke that law.

I have not heard or read of any other politician, musician or civilian that broke that "law".

4 Likes

Re: Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by ahmed486: 7:38pm On Nov 10, 2014
Re: Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by ifemi001: 7:39pm On Nov 10, 2014
Thank you,luv those repnse but predently the less committed error was during Buari,is not as if the guy is okay but for the fact that all that we av on ground,if we re to choose,Buari merit...dnt let us mk mistake,I do not belong tp any party,however,our. Future lies in our hands...we need change,its not easy but I tell. U this pple re confortable,they do not no what the previledge re going tru,pls think. Well to vote for the rightful person instead of selling ur right for one cup of rice

3 Likes

Re: Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by Nobody: 7:39pm On Nov 10, 2014
anonimi:

The OP don choose im own research. Shey im stop you for do the research wey you suggest above ni
If he is stopping you, please tell us HOW. We may be able to appeal to him grin
It would do you good if you desist from quoting me on this thread. I am not in the mood to exchange words with saTANists. Now get thee behind me!!!

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by Nobody: 7:40pm On Nov 10, 2014
barcanista:

FELA KUTI

PLEA:

MY OPINION:
you are the wisest guy on nairaland....I know you are not paid to this,but you are doing what you believe,I know if buhari fails Nigeria,you will come openly to denounce hom

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by chinasaekperem9: 7:40pm On Nov 10, 2014
berem:

Yeye dey smell!
whenever buhari's name is mentioned, you are not at ease.why? undecided
"Ebe nwatakiri na-ebuta onu mmanuka o na apu-oriri "

13 Likes

Re: Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by pring: 7:42pm On Nov 10, 2014
So is even GMB that imprisoned Fela?
Fela I Adore so much.
One of the great heroes of Nigeria.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by duni04(m): 7:42pm On Nov 10, 2014
OPs question has been adequately tackled. Fela broke the law, was tried and sentenced to prison. Full stop.

4 Likes

Re: Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Nov 10, 2014
Acidosis:

any proof?
Talk to wetin bacarnista talk for up...fool
Re: Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by anonimi: 7:42pm On Nov 10, 2014
berem:
It would do you good if you desist from quoting me on this thread. I am not in the mood to exchange words with saTANists. Now get thee behind me!!!

You will need to show that your BEHIND so I can assess cum evaluate whether it will be worth my while to get there cheesy

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Abdullahi Salame Shoots Dead An Armed Robber Who Attacked His House (Photos) / Female Corper Caught In The Bush Destroying Ballot Papers In Imo (Photos) / Ongoing Biafra Protest In Alaba Market, Lagos (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.