Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

Mile 2 To Apapa Road Getting Mad Daily! - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mile 2 To Apapa Road Getting Mad Daily! (23389 Views)

SUV Climbs Over Another Car In Accident On Oshodi-apapa Road (photos) / Made In Nigeria, Innoson Saloon Car Seen In Apapa, Lagos (photo) / Fatal Accident Today Along Creek Road,Apapa(Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mile 2 To Apapa Road Getting Mad Daily! by Edusouls(m): 1:09pm On Nov 11, 2014
see lagosians, lagos is supposed to be the most lively place to live in nigeria, but population have simply killed that state, lagos is no more habitable for sound and healthy living, the stress of every day living,huzzling and working in lagos have a devasting every day effect on the health of the people. The sound pollution alone from countless cars,lorries, trailers, oil tankers is deafning when you go on the roads, other forms of more deadly pollution like the lead compound discharged in lethal doses from exhaust of cars have damaged the lungs of many..the everyday misery of traffic jams that torment the residents of lagos is the worst scourge that i see cannot be solved, because there re more cars in the that city 5 times that it can contain. The amount of dirts and smelly gotters that is in that city has given birth to ruthless mosquitoes that attack without mercy and fear at nights, foul odours re the scent and perfumes that lagos residents re now used to. Lagos has the highest number of beggars and destitiutes on the road. Agboro is a vry lucrative job in that place that's why u have thousands of them in lagos. Dangerous activities like, robbery, one chance,rape, proffessional pick pockets, extortion, arson, 419ners, fake doctors,hospitals,drug dealers even ghosts walk side by side with humans and the growing number of hallots in that city. Upon all the hardwork by the governor, still lagos remains the most inhabitable city in nigeria, and it is given the worst big city to live in the world..we blacks cant organize things to be good, due to our black nature, euerytìng we do is black,and lagos africas most populous city is a good example of our attitiude..

3 Likes

Re: Mile 2 To Apapa Road Getting Mad Daily! by Goke7: 1:09pm On Nov 11, 2014
until the all petroleum depots and tank farms in kirikri, Ibafon and creek road are evacuated and relocated to may be epe or wherever, there will never be respite in that area, they were not meant to be there as we have main apapa wharf and tin can ports already to deal with.

I worked in kirikiri area and I can write a whole thread of my sufferings everyday on this road, I can't go to work with my car anymore except I want to sleep on the road, its so pathetic. I will advise anyone except you have an urgent thing to do in this area, don't come here at all for now until when the christmas holidays begin, a word is enough for the wise o.

Finally those looking for jobs in apapa should think twice, you may regret later

1 Like

Re: Mile 2 To Apapa Road Getting Mad Daily! by Electronzeez(m): 1:10pm On Nov 11, 2014
barcanista:
OP thank You. May I remind you that Oshodi-Apapa road is a Federal Road?

Lolsss

meaning it's pdp faults not apc.....Loooool, i like your style.

1 Like

Re: Mile 2 To Apapa Road Getting Mad Daily! by adadadon(m): 1:10pm On Nov 11, 2014
Firefire:
Mile 2 to Badagry is not part of Lagos... You cannot see any sign of MEGA-CITY in that region.

The 8 lanes are now a mirage, Mile 2 to Apapa has become a death trap.

All Local Government and Development Centers in that region are only sharing the Federal Allocation.

I understand the Federal Government Road in that area is long abandoned, unfortunately the LG & State Government the closest to the people have likewise abandoned that part since 1999.

Lagosians deserve more than what they got from ACN now APC in their 16 Years rule of Lagos.

It is time for you guys (Lagosians) to show APC the way out of Alausa.
it's the FG responsibility not LASG or its LCDAs
Re: Mile 2 To Apapa Road Getting Mad Daily! by Nobody: 1:13pm On Nov 11, 2014
Electronzeez:

meaning it's pdp faults not apc.....Loooool, i like your style.
very simple
Re: Mile 2 To Apapa Road Getting Mad Daily! by Nobody: 1:43pm On Nov 11, 2014
Goke7:

Finally those looking for jobs in apapa should think twice, you may regret later
gbam!
Re: Mile 2 To Apapa Road Getting Mad Daily! by leftone: 1:46pm On Nov 11, 2014
blemon44:
what is Fasola doing about it?

Eko ni baje

Them say na federal road so him fold hands dae look...
Re: Mile 2 To Apapa Road Getting Mad Daily! by blemon44(m): 1:57pm On Nov 11, 2014
leftone:

Them say na federal road so him fold hands dae look...

But the federal road is in Lagos
Re: Mile 2 To Apapa Road Getting Mad Daily! by Nobody: 2:35pm On Nov 11, 2014
I know.The day I entered bus going to yanoba.Kai angry
Re: Mile 2 To Apapa Road Getting Mad Daily! by danarchy(m): 2:40pm On Nov 11, 2014
APAPA HOLD UP

1 Like

Re: Mile 2 To Apapa Road Getting Mad Daily! by Cikoloko(m): 4:06pm On Nov 11, 2014
that road is cwaaazy but i noticed its always free 4rm 11am
Re: Mile 2 To Apapa Road Getting Mad Daily! by holatin(m): 4:54pm On Nov 11, 2014
Dat road made me what I am today, A WIZARD.
just fly in the air cus spending 3 hours in holdup is not different from been in hell for 1 min

1 Like

Re: Mile 2 To Apapa Road Getting Mad Daily! by iaatmguy(m): 4:54pm On Nov 11, 2014
igbsam:
That's a Federal Road. Please Ask the Federal Govt. And not Fashola............All Federal Roads in lagos are in a sorry state.
likewise ikorodu road, if he can add a brt lane from mile 12 to ikorodu, why can't he fiapapapa oshodi. O. I get it he can make money from there since his brt works fine,so there is no need for that. Ikorodu road too is another example
Re: Mile 2 To Apapa Road Getting Mad Daily! by Nobody: 5:07pm On Nov 11, 2014
DesChyko:
Lol.. Home sweet home..
Like seriously, anytime I'm heading off to our permanent residence in Lag, it'll be awkward if I don't see these madness on the road.
Fashola tried with his civilization innovations, but Lagos just has to be Lagos.

Trying to justify his failure? dude talk something different
Re: Mile 2 To Apapa Road Getting Mad Daily! by Samneer: 5:10pm On Nov 11, 2014
Mid this year, I was going there from Ibadan, but I met the greatest and last disappointment of my life. The road robbed me of an interview with a coy in Apapa. I was unable to meet up with the said time which was 1 pm whilst I got there around 4pm due to hold up on that crazy road, as I was in the hold up for nearly five hours.

A no forget event it was.
Re: Mile 2 To Apapa Road Getting Mad Daily! by baba11(m): 5:31pm On Nov 11, 2014
Traffic around that place is always a serious concerns to me whenever I'm going to work there.... imagining taking a bike from NPA( nnewi building) to west minister ,ibafon to site at 400 Naira to and fro respectively without hold up.....
Re: Mile 2 To Apapa Road Getting Mad Daily! by FlyboyZee: 5:45pm On Nov 11, 2014
igbsam:
That's a Federal Road. Please Ask the Federal Govt. And not Fashola............All Federal Roads in lagos are in a sorry state.
All motorable roads in Lagos are Federal Government roads. I keep asking myself what exactly has Fashola done or what is he doing exactly that they have hyped and are still hyping him like he done jack.

1 Like

Re: Mile 2 To Apapa Road Getting Mad Daily! by poca4real(m): 5:53pm On Nov 11, 2014
If you have something serious doing along that route,you better sit at home cos presently Mile 2 to Apapa is totally blocked.....
Re: Mile 2 To Apapa Road Getting Mad Daily! by kadree(m): 7:29pm On Nov 11, 2014
Sincerely,I tire for dat road.sunday is always d best day to smile on dat road both to n fro

1 Like

Re: Mile 2 To Apapa Road Getting Mad Daily! by kayoday(m): 7:48pm On Nov 11, 2014
igbsam:
Re: Mile 2 To Apapa Road Getting Mad Daily! by seyola(m): 7:48pm On Nov 11, 2014
My 3 years old boy had an appointment wt a doc @ Lagoon Apapa. Left badagry 6am, d boy started crying in d car somewhere after mile2 dat he wasn't going again, dat he hates Lagos, having spent hours in trafic. Honestly d road is a mess.
Re: Mile 2 To Apapa Road Getting Mad Daily! by kayoday(m): 7:50pm On Nov 11, 2014
igbsam:
State road are not better.
Re: Mile 2 To Apapa Road Getting Mad Daily! by Nobody: 9:34pm On Nov 11, 2014
Samneer:
Mid this year, I was going there from Ibadan, but I met the greatest and last disappointment of my life. The road robbed me of an interview with a coy in Apapa. I was unable to meet up with the said time which was 1 pm whilst I got there around 4pm due to hold up on that crazy road, as I was in the hold up for nearly five hours.

A no forget event it was.
Are you a learner. How could you have say in the traffic jam for that long. When bike is flying about. You just needed to alight and take a bike. That is what happen most times. That is why fashola couldn't ban bike on that route. The police guys, naval guys, etc tried so much to stop bike but no way. That is the only life saver on that route.
Re: Mile 2 To Apapa Road Getting Mad Daily! by Samneer: 9:57pm On Nov 11, 2014
Icherishu:

Are you a learner. How could you have say in the traffic jam for that long. When bike is flying about. You just needed to alight and take a bike. That is what happen most times. That is why fashola couldn't ban bike on that route. The police guys, naval guys, etc tried so much to stop bike but no way. That is the only life saver on that route.

There was no bike en route to Flour mills that day!
Re: Mile 2 To Apapa Road Getting Mad Daily! by Dyt(f): 10:19pm On Nov 11, 2014
I was there this evening
Actually started frm FESTAC down
2hrs was still looking for a way out
Was terrible
Re: Mile 2 To Apapa Road Getting Mad Daily! by zsch: 10:47pm On Nov 11, 2014
I used to run that route about a year ago. That journey takes about 30minutes on a rare good day. It became unreliable and unhealthy (crazy traffic and ugly lorries belching potent black smoke) so I switched to Ijora through to Boundary Route. By far saner
Re: Mile 2 To Apapa Road Getting Mad Daily! by DesChyko: 5:19am On Nov 12, 2014
Oonebox:

Trying to justify his failure? dude talk something different

Nah.. I have very little interest in politics or issues associated with it.
Re: Mile 2 To Apapa Road Getting Mad Daily! by yim(f): 5:51am On Nov 12, 2014
D road to Ayobo is worse, and its a state road, dey have been constructing dat road since 2011 and nting to show for it
Egbe is anoda soory road,u don't want to ply and dey are all state roads
Re: Mile 2 To Apapa Road Getting Mad Daily! by Nobody: 6:31am On Nov 12, 2014
Samneer:

There was no bike en route to Flour mills that day!
That means you weren't on the route of mile 2 to Apapa. You were on the route of Ijora to Apapa. There is always bike on Mile 2 to Apapa. Next time come down and trek.
Re: Mile 2 To Apapa Road Getting Mad Daily! by kajoula(m): 1:07pm On Nov 12, 2014
grin [size=17pt]ROAD NA TRAILER PACKING SPACE[/size] grin ,.....APAPA STYLEEEE !

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

All New Mercedes A-class Sedan Revealed (photos) / Micra Taxis In Ibadan: Necessity Or Menace? / Is Buying A Car Really Worth It??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.