Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,497 members, 7,830,500 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? (50199 Views)

Buhari Inside His Presidential Jet (PHOTO) / Obasanjo Uncovers Plot To Hand Over To Military Should Jonathan Lose / Niger Delta Militants Threaten War Should Jonathan Lose Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by Nobody: 9:24pm On Nov 11, 2014
MuhdG:

For all we know. Jonathan n his constitution are the ones behind all this insurgence.
They know nigerians are gullible nd will easily say its APC or whosoever.... and thats to their
advantage.

Keep on backing them up. Thats how u will also be killed n another idiot will still defend those that killed you.

Keep on thinking backwards....mtsw
You and your Apc blood sucking demons cannot kill me. Please unfollow me with immediate effect.

2 Likes

Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:26pm On Nov 11, 2014
lastpage:

YOU may not care TODAY but l tell you, maybe one day "when one of those children DIEING by BOMB BLAST IS YOURS".... YOU WILL ASK THIS QUESTION AGAIN! wink undecided undecided

keep your alcohol level as high as that of your clueless President!

Lastpage!

if you dont understand a comment kindly read and pass you hear...na today people children don dey die?.....so because 50 children died from a bomb blast all activities should stop ba.....mind you im talking from a Realist POV.....i no get time for una stupid politcal brohahaha....the day you nigerians open eye and see that no human government can solve your problems the better for all of you.

2 Likes

Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Nov 11, 2014
That would depend on many factors.

He still could have declared while extending his sympathy to the families. He can then go further to state genuinely, what the government is doing about the current state of insecurity.

However, the question is will Nigerians believe him? Is he being sincere? Will Nigerians think he is actually showing genuine concerns or is he just making a big show of the loss of lives for political gains?

It is a very complicated matter. Because quite frankly people have been invited, resources spent, hotels have been booked, etc.

Le us assume in a country where people adjudge the president to be serious and sincere, I think the president can declare but without much of the pomp and pageantry. After declaring he should have stayed for a while and then fly to the scene and visit the injured and the families of the deceased. However with the level of insecurity can he visit those states?

Though not parallel, I always remember the cool and calm Bush showed when he was told about the 9-11 attacks while he was visiting an elementary school.
Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by bokoslayer: 9:32pm On Nov 11, 2014
gtrust:
The Op and his/her supporters are terrorists and prime suspects!!!

Shouldn't these people be arrested

OP used to be a man, he had a sex change. Oponu ayirada.

Nobody can hold Nigeria to ransom. Let them burn the whole north, Nigeria dey kampe.

A note of warning to the bombass bombers and their fellow Janjawidowers/janjawidows, we will not allow you seek asylum in the south when you're done moulding your arewanistan into another Afghanistan.

2 Likes

Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Nov 11, 2014
idealsico:
No.It is not insensitivity.We can not allow insurgents to hold this country to ransom. It was actually timed to dissuade the president from declaring his intentions. There are better ways of achieving and or proving your opposition/dislike for the president without taking innocent lives. Again, the masterminds have been disappointed. Nigeria is bigger than any individual or region. God bless Nigeria. My condolences to the bereaved families.
May you live longer than methuselah.
The truth as it is!

1 Like

Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by jchima14: 9:42pm On Nov 11, 2014
Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by greall1: 9:42pm On Nov 11, 2014
Who is jonnathan.
Jonnathan. Buhari. Atiku. Obasanjo. Tanbuwal abi wetin dey are call u.Elrufai. David mark tinubu. Okorocha. lamido e.t.c una judgement day is coming. All of u will bomb together.
Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by superstar3: 9:43pm On Nov 11, 2014
JeffreyJamez:
abegi make we hear word...more than 50 children die every fucken day in this country but who cares?...NOBODY!!!

Yes!!! Nobody cares, including our presido
Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by sabdaz: 9:46pm On Nov 11, 2014
stebell:
OP, yu shud be ashamed of yourself. so cos yu kno he is declaring today yu and ur rodents up North decided to bomb so as to foil todays activity. yu hav failed.

2moro yu wud say ur North is not developed.

GEJ till una stop to bomb and kill una people.

I'm not gonna say anything to you but, for some people to have clicked like on your comment shows that we don't even understand what we read sometimes. GEJ had been promising Nigerians that he will bring those responsible for all these into book but, up till now nothing has been done. Isn't this enough for him to step down and accept his fate as he has actually failed us.
Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by mattonnairaland: 9:46pm On Nov 11, 2014
there has always been killings & that shudnt affect the president's declaration.
Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by winner01(m): 10:07pm On Nov 11, 2014
boss1310:
buhari also should have waited till the release of chibok girls before declaring his own
buhari na current president??
Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by babestella: 10:22pm On Nov 11, 2014
firstEVA:
Isn't it a shame that the so called masterminds are incapable of being apprehended and are free to bomb any where at any time under the watchful eyes of the commander in chief? I really can't wrap my head around this kind of situation, insurgents are having a field day and the government is incapable of arresting the situation? this is crazy!
p

If you need a rapper to wrap that head around the situation, I'll give you one because you need to really wrap it so that you can understand that no one person or group of person is bigger than Nigeria.
Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by Akpan107(m): 10:27pm On Nov 11, 2014
BRAV0O:
for ur mind grin ode!
Dont worry, i will quote you after 2015 elections.
Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by HONNESSTY(m): 10:31pm On Nov 11, 2014
The truth of the matter is our government donot value the lives of common nigerians this has always been the tradition. If it were other countries GEJ would have resigned, killings continue everyday, the worse part of all this is that BH have captured more than 15 local government in those 3 states for more 3 month now, our army has been overruned and overpowered. It is a shame to hear such an ugly incident where BH have renamed and hoisted their flag in those captured town. Where is nigerian army? Where is the president of the country? Please forumite i ask you, is BH bigger than nigeria? Does it mean we don't have militials to destroy BH in just a week since our army is no longer capable? The only way to solve this issue is to bring togther all the over 300 ethnic tribes so that they produce some charms yes i mean charm black magic to the selected militials to tackle BH. It seems prayer and our army approach is not working then we should us juju to kill them all
Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by masamari(m): 10:55pm On Nov 11, 2014
President Jonathan declaration is a symbol of greediness and sign of desperation. In fact I'm highly dissapointed with his non-challant attitude in areas of security of life, under this lip services leadership a lot of Nigerians have gone to the grave. His leadership errors for solid four years in area of youths employment and societal security has litmus test his future political ambition. Mr president I think resignation will earns you and your entire generation honour and diginity if you're really aiming of work and name that speaks after living Aso rock. There is an ambition seems good to a greedy man but the end thereof is a doom. I foresee evil days for your selfish ambition.
Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by ohlynxx: 10:56pm On Nov 11, 2014
Please oooooooooo!!!! Wat we are agitating 4 is a beta nation which can b compared wit other developed countries of d World, if a govt is faced wit such issues dat av painted d name of d country black, den as a respectful and patriotic leader, I think he/ she should jst honorably step-down. It is gonna b a shame if our own GEJ spend anoda 4 yrs as d president of dis beloved country of ours, without curbing dis insurgents(boko-haram), den I feel he should commit su*****, dat will b a sign dat our GEJ is truely patriotic 2wardz d progress of dis country. D no of death in dis man's tenure ehn!!!! If china can av d same amount, dey will b api.pls letz tink rite and well, me personally don't tink any gud tin (dat beat wat he has done in dis tenure) can come-out frm a 2rd term 4 GEJ. Letz give anoda hand a support, a lot of countries are rapidly growing, so we can't afford 2 lag behind ooooooooo!!!! #MADEOFBLACK
Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Nov 11, 2014
firstEVA:
Is Jonathan the first president of Nigeria? was obasanjo not a president? was the state of violence as it is now? was yaradua not president though for a short time, did he not handle the situation of the Niger Delta militants? I really don't understand why Jonathan in incapable of handling the situation, its very shameful.
Are you comparing Boko haram to Niger delta militants? Those guys had a reason for fighting. They fought for their oil, government called for amnesty and they agreed. But Boko haram will they agree for amnesty, they are fighting to islamize the whole Nigeria, they are working hard to discredit the mans work. One thing I know is that if Jonathan is no longer president, Boko haram will automatically stop
Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by bobbylegend(m): 11:01pm On Nov 11, 2014
It's funny when people think backward. Why is GEJ's declaration a threat to APC and co?
What made them think that the best way to stop the declaration is by carrying out such evil act?
The painful part is that most intentionally blind people will never understand the politics
Behind terrorist acts rather they motivate the evil planners by celebrating their unjustifiable acts.
This reckless behaviours of some youths make one wonder what the future holds for this country.
I bet you, despite the compromise by some of the military officials, good most someday prevail
Over evil. In One Nigeria I trust.

1 Like

Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by lordcharles01: 11:02pm On Nov 11, 2014
stebell:
OP, yu shud be ashamed of yourself. so cos yu kno he is declaring today yu and ur rodents up North decided to bomb so as to foil todays activity. yu hav failed.

GEJ shud wake up and face reality
Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by stanislaus67(m): 11:27pm On Nov 11, 2014
firstEVA:
This is the height of insensitivity on the part of of president - Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan, just a day after almost 50 children lost their lives due to an attack by Boko haram, our dear president is declaring for a second term. Shouldn't he have postponed this campaign to at least commiserate with the families of those who lost their lives?
What is this one saying?
Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by sweetgala(m): 11:32pm On Nov 11, 2014
GEJ mode of operation can be likened to a chicken attempting to perform the shuffle, it results in a mess orchestrated by a clueless peabrained bird.
Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by naijaking1: 11:38pm On Nov 11, 2014
firstEVA:
Is Jonathan the first president of Nigeria? was obasanjo not a president? was the state of violence as it is now? was yaradua not president though for a short time, did he not handle the situation of the Niger Delta militants? I really don't understand why Jonathan in incapable of handling the situation, its very shameful.

You should answer your own question. All those people you listed never got a threat of violence if they ran, not OBJ, and certainly not Yardua. If Jonathan was not previously planning to run, this violence is a major reason for him to now run, and run hard.
Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by naijavips: 11:43pm On Nov 11, 2014
Wetin concern man pikin.. #No to Politics visit www.naijavips.ml for free expo
Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by OLADD: 11:48pm On Nov 11, 2014
naijaking1:

You should answer your own question. All those people you listed never got a threat of violence if they ran, not OBJ, and certainly not Yardua. If Jonathan was not previously planning to run, this violence is a major reason for him to now run, and run hard.
Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by OLADD: 11:56pm On Nov 11, 2014
naijaking1:

[color=#006600][/color]

Absolutely correct. If there is any quality that endears GEJ to me, it's his ability to thrive amidst unparalleled antagonism and insane opposition. If he could perform moderately despite distractions of insurgency and APC's war of attrition, the he deserves one more term and he will surely get it.

1 Like

Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by Nobody: 12:30am On Nov 12, 2014
OLADD:
[color=#006600][/color]

Absolutely correct. If there is any quality that endears GEJ to me, it's his ability to thrive amidst unparalleled antagonism and insane opposition. If he could perform moderately despite distractions of insurgency and APC's war of attrition, the he deserves one more term and he will surely get it.

I could not have described it better! "Its APC's war of attrition"
Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by qtx(m): 12:45am On Nov 12, 2014
firstEVA:
Isn't it a shame that the so called masterminds are incapable of being apprehended and are free to bomb any where at any time under the watchful eyes of the commander in chief? I really can't wrap my head around this kind of situation, insurgents are having a field day and the government is incapable of arresting the situation? this is crazy!
apprehended by who na? by spirits right? Do you think these guys are military men on kaki uniform carrying ak47 riffles? Asymmetrical war is not a child's play. Learn and pray dearie.
Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by nownow28: 1:03am On Nov 12, 2014
Everyone here just yan nosencse GEJ till we all go tire..if una like make una dey bomb,Na una sabi
Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by amaraudo: 1:49am On Nov 12, 2014
pendy79:
Do you declare after buying forms or you do before you buy the form? You have been organising and sponsoring rallies all over the country and you now say you're declaring. Pure putting the cart before the horse.

What is the old ways? Who were there in the old ways? himself, yaradua and obasanjo. Is he not with his thinking cap as usual ni?

Idiotic useless president that ever liveth.

You call a president idiotic and a fool, you should have examined urself very well before writing ur rubbish meant for the trash can. Do you have a father? Till u die can u be a president? shame on u.
Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by Rexnegro(m): 2:46am On Nov 12, 2014
JeffreyJamez:
abegi make we hear word...more than 50 children die every fucken day in this country but who cares?...NOBODY!!!
U sound like the children u re talking about died everyday from bomb blast like the one the op is saying. Those one u are talking of are killed perhaps from sickness , automobile accidents, or malnutrition etc ..but bro this bomb blast d op is saying o .
Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by gbodimowo(m): 3:15am On Nov 12, 2014
sneezeemek:
But is very sensitive for Rochas to declara some hours after d bombing....nd I guess we all heard his speach? "he indeed promised to bring trailer loads of money" that formed d speech of a presidential aspirant, am anxiously waiting to see any Of them come up with executive blueprint, tell us what u want to do for us if voted in, only God know how long I will wait, all they do is to the media nd insult d office of d presidency,they can't make a full page statement without swearing nd insulting the no1 citizen d very seat that supposed to be. respected by all, seriously that's not how to be an opposition, in a demoratic dispensation! Opposition is very good but a valid opposition.am opposition that can positively challenge d ruling party! Put pdp nd apc aside I will go for pdp not bcus they re super good but bcus apc is not any better, nd d devil I knw is better than the angel I don't know

Kai look @ you go and listen to WABC and KGO810 and other stations in the UK THEN U IL know what democracy is not this rubbish u r brandishing pdp Jan ja weed
Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by t2luv1: 3:18am On Nov 12, 2014
stebell:

I bet if the bombing had taken place in your part of the country, and the president just happen to have being an Hausa man You will surely be singing a different tune. People like you are what is ailing the country calling others "Ur Rodents".

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

How An Igbo Woman Saved Buhari From Coup Plotters In 1984 / Abba Kyari To Expose Senior Police Officers If He's Betrayed - Sahara Reporters / Soludo Joins Onitsha Clean Up (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.