Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,644 members, 7,816,647 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here (6429 Views)

Sincere Question(s) To Christians! / Confusing Bible Question / Bible Question: Was Benjamin Born Before Or After Joseph Was Sold Into Slavery? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by SisterMe(f): 8:48am On Nov 13, 2014
Ranchhoddas:
i seriously thought you were going to provide answers but alas it is the same old don't question God routine.Whew! Are you by any chance an adherent of the teachings of William Branham?

I provided three answers, which it appears you misconstrue as " dont question God.."
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by Ranchhoddas: 8:49am On Nov 13, 2014
SisterMe:

Yes I am. There are many who misrepresent hiz teachings unfortunately but that does not change the fact that his message is the forerunner of the second coming of Christ, intended by God to clear up tough issues, correct wrong doctrine and prepare the bride of Christ for the rapture.
the 7th angel...interesting
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by Ranchhoddas: 8:51am On Nov 13, 2014
SisterMe:

I provided three answers, which it appears you misconstrue as " dont question God.."
those answers are illogical,but i decided not to pursue as i know where it is going to end...been there,done that.
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by SisterMe(f): 9:38am On Nov 13, 2014
Ranchhoddas:
those answers are illogical,but i decided not to pursue as i know where it is going to end...been there,done that.

The earth suspended in the midst of space (nothing) is also illogical. Deal with it.
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by SisterMe(f): 9:40am On Nov 13, 2014
Ranchhoddas:
the 7th angel...interesting

and the last angel messenger to Laodicea he is..and yes it is interesting truely.
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by oneda(m): 4:05pm On Nov 13, 2014
What is the place of the Holy Spirit in the salvation of man? Is the Holy Spirit a person or a force? Is the Spirit of Christ the same as the Spirit of God? And lastly, Was Christ the God of the old testament?
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by SisterMe(f): 4:58pm On Nov 13, 2014
oneda:
What is the place of the Holy Spirit in the salvation of man? Is the Holy Spirit a person or a force? Is the Spirit of Christ the same as the Spirit of God? And lastly, Was Christ the God of the old testament?

The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God and since God is a Spirit, the Holy Spirit is Jehovah God Himself. Without this Holy Spirit, you are not a part of Christ or the Body of Christ for by this one Spirit we are baptised into one body.

The Holy Spirit is a person.

The Spirit of Christ is the same as the Spirit of God.

Jesus Christ of the new testament is the Jehovah God of the old testament.
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by CANTICLES: 6:12pm On Nov 13, 2014
SisterMe:

The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God and since God is a Spirit, the Holy Spirit is Jehovah God Himself. Without this Holy Spirit, you are not the Body of Christ for by this one Spirit we are baptised into one body.
The Holy Spirit is a person.

The Spirit of Christ is the same as the Spirit of God.

Jesus Christ is the Jehovah God of the old testament.
Then uv create many problems in the bible already and uv maked it contradictory !! Since holyspirit is a person, and matthew 1:18 says " Mary was pregnant by the holyspirit" thus as a person, it actually sexed mary ( som angels also do it&giv birth to nephilim) ... Thus holyspirit is d father of Jesus !! Look at You , Jesus pray ?? To whom , to himself ?? Then he is an hypocrite who merely pretends to pray, who lied dat somone sent him, when he is d person!! If dey ar all same person, Wat hapen to the father&holyspirit when d son dies 4 three days?? .....All dis trinitarian dogma is all pagan stuff
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by CANTICLES: 6:23pm On Nov 13, 2014
My Own Question::: , since we are told that all good people go to heaven when they die, IS KING DAVID IN HEAVEN ??
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by CANTICLES: 6:24pm On Nov 13, 2014
My Own Question::: , since we are told that all good people av a duplicate copy that go to heaven when they die, IS KING "DAVID" IN HEAVEN ??
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by SisterMe(f): 8:48pm On Nov 13, 2014
CANTICLES:
Then uv create many problems in the bible already and uv maked it contradictory !! Since holyspirit is a person, and matthew 1:18 says " Mary was pregnant by the holyspirit" thus as a person, it actually sexed mary ( som angels also do it&giv birth to nephilim) ... Thus holyspirit is d father of Jesus !! Look at You , Jesus pray ?? To whom , to himself ?? Then he is an hypocrite who merely pretends to pray, who lied dat somone sent him, when he is d person!! If dey ar all same person, Wat hapen to the father&holyspirit when d son dies 4 three days?? .....All dis trinitarian dogma is all pagan stuff

The angel to Mary " Luke 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.". So it was the supernatural power of God and not sex.

Secondly it is not true that angels slept with women to produce giants or what you call nephilim. " Ge 6:2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose." Sons of God there means descendants of Adam through Seth. Daughters of men means the "painted faced jezebel women " descendants of Cain who was not Adam's son, though he was Eve's son.

Yes, by the Bible account, you hit the nail on the head- the Holy Spirit is the Father of Jesus. Jesus said " My Father dwelleth in me". So Jesus prayed to the Father that was in Him. Even you commune with your spirit as David the psalmist said.

Jesus was a man and He was also God. When the body died the Spirit departed and His soul went to the land of the dead.
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by SisterMe(f): 8:59pm On Nov 13, 2014
CANTICLES:
My Own Question::: , since we are told that all good people go to heaven when they die, IS KING DAVID IN HEAVEN ??

I believe your question is in bad faith but I will answer nonetheless.

It is not good people that go to heaven but those who have made a covenant with God by sacrifice. The key here is the covenant which is entered into by a blood sacrifice. In the old testament that blood sacrifice was of animals. In the new testament it is of Christ. King David was among the old testament saints Jesus took with Him to heaven at His resurrection, regardless of his sin with Bathsheba. Let me shock you some. Even King Saul was in that company because he was anointed with oil. Samuel's ghost testified that King Saul went to where Samuel was, which is Abraham's bossom.
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by Ukutsgp(m): 10:30pm On Nov 13, 2014
Does the bible support infant baptism and baptism by sprinkling of water?
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by Ukutsgp(m): 10:35pm On Nov 13, 2014
SisterMe:

The angel to Mary " Luke 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.". So it was the supernatural power of God and not sex.

Secondly it is not true that angels slept with women to produce giants or what you call nephilim. " Ge 6:2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose." Sons of God there means descendants of Adam through Seth. Daughters of men means the "painted faced jezebel women " descendants of Cain who was not Adam's son, though he was Eve's son.

Yes, by the Bible account, you hit the nail on the head- the Holy Spirit is the Father of Jesus. Jesus said " My Father dwelleth in me". So Jesus prayed to the Father that was in Him. Even you commune with your spirit as David the psalmist said.

Jesus was a man and He was also God. When the body died the Spirit departed and His soul went to the land of the dead.
pls it is not men but angels. Sons of God in the old testament refers to angels. That was what i was proving in my other thread. Read the book of Jude.
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by vest(m): 10:55pm On Nov 13, 2014
Ukutsgp:
s.m.h! so u dnt even knw!
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by SisterMe(f): 11:02pm On Nov 13, 2014
Ukutsgp:
pls it is not men but angels. Sons of God in the old testament refers to angels. That was what i was proving in my other thread. Read the book of Jude.

kindly quote where it says so in the book of Jude.
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by CANTICLES: 11:07pm On Nov 13, 2014
SisterMe:

I believe your question is in bad faith but I will answer nonetheless.

It is not good people that go to heaven but those who have made a covenant with God by sacrifice. The key here is the covenant which is entered into by a blood sacrifice. In the old testament that blood sacrifice was of animals. In the new testament it is of Christ. King David was among the old testament saints Jesus took with Him to heaven at His resurrection, regardless of his sin with Bathsheba.
syntax Error: Act 2:29,34 and Act 13:36 states clearly that King David didnt " ascend to heaven" , he is still in the grave !!! And this was written many years afta Davids Death and Jesus ressurection !! So pls ,Revise again Act 2:29,34 and Act 13:36 and know the truth about the dead !
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by SisterMe(f): 11:11pm On Nov 13, 2014
Ukutsgp:

To the best of my understanding, I cant find it in my Bible.
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by SisterMe(f): 11:21pm On Nov 13, 2014
CANTICLES:
syntax Error: Act 2:29,34 and Act 13:36 states clearly that King David didnt " ascend to heaven" , he is still in the grave !!! And this was written many years afta Davids Death and Jesus ressurection !! So pls ,Revise again Act 2:29,34 and Act 13:36 and know the truth about the dead !

Acts 2:29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.

Did you expect Peter to say he was alive physically? that would be a lie as he was not on earth at that time.

Acts 13:36 For David, after he had served his own generation by the will of God, fell on sleep, and was laid unto his fathers, and saw corruption:

Where do you think David went when he died? Abrahams bossom in the land of the dead separated by a deep gulf from hell, where they could see each other. But all that ended after Christs resurrection.

I did say earlier I believe, that your question was not sincere. Now you have proved my thoughts. Like a pharisee, just trying to entrap me in my words. Its a pity.
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by CANTICLES: 11:30pm On Nov 13, 2014
SisterMe:

Acts 2:29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.

Did you expect Peter to say he was alive physically? that would be a lie as he was not on earth at that time.

Acts 13:36 For David, after he had served his own generation by the will of God, fell on sleep, and was laid unto his fathers, and saw corruption
what does it mean to see corruption ?? To decay , to decompose ..... David see corruption !!! Here is one scripture that u forget to quote , is it bcoz it hit the nail on the head ?? Act 2:34 " For david did not ascend to the heavens " !!! This is not rocket science ! Its just a truth u are not use to hearing .

.[/quote]
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by honourhim: 11:36pm On Nov 13, 2014
SisterMe:

I asked you a question and you ve not replied. Whats holding your reply?
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by Ranchhoddas: 11:51pm On Nov 13, 2014
SisterMe:

The earth suspended in the midst of space (nothing) is also illogical. Deal with it.
that is not illogical because something is holding the earth in space.It's called gravity. Google is always your friend.
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by Ranchhoddas: 11:56pm On Nov 13, 2014
SisterMe:

and the last angel messenger to Laodicea he is..and yes it is interesting truely.
yeah yeah really interesting...pillar of fire and all that.
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by Nobody: 1:06am On Nov 14, 2014
Ukutsgp:
should i answer that?
The word bible, comes from the greek word bibilia, mean little books, The canoncity of the bible was guided by God's holy spirit.1: The bible has a common thread that runs through it, in summary Paradise lost(Genesis) Paradise regained( Revelation). 2: Its primary theme is" God's Kingdom. Any sprucious book that didn't meet these logical order was rejected.
Drop by click bible questions answered on the home page www.jw.org
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by SisterMe(f): 3:05am On Nov 14, 2014
Ranchhoddas:
that is not illogical because something is holding the earth in space.It's called gravity. Google is always your friend.

Oh, i forgot, gravity that keeps the earth from falling down. To where, pray if I may ask? Which side is up znd which side is down - in space?
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by SisterMe(f): 3:38am On Nov 14, 2014
CANTICLES:
what does it mean to see corruption ?? To decay , to decompose ..... David see corruption !!! Here is one scripture that u forget to quote , is it bcoz it hit the nail on the head ?? Act 2:34 " For david did not ascend to the heavens " !!! This is not rocket science ! Its just a truth u are not use to hearing .

Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by SisterMe(f): 3:39am On Nov 14, 2014
CANTICLES:

Why are you intent on twisting the Words of God and quoti.g verses out of context? Why didnt you quote the whole thing in context for all to see? Well, I will help you out this time and ignore you henceforth.

Acts 2:25 For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved:

Acts 2:26 Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope:

Acts 2:27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

Acts 2:28 Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance.

Acts 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

Acts 2:31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.

Acts 2:32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.

Acts 2:33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.

Acts 2:34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,

It is evident to any discerning reader considering the verses ahead of the verse you quoted, that the scripture is referring to the fulfillment of Acts 2:26,27 and 31 and not an event of its own merit.

Its like two sentences: "A man saw a snake. He cut the head off." Then you run of and start proclaiming " He cut the head off". That my dear is mischievious, malicious lieing identified only in Satan the devil and his children. Will be ignoring you henceforth because you are wasting my time.
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by SisterMe(f): 3:48am On Nov 14, 2014
Hiswordxray:
Why are you Christians so interested in proving how knowledgeable you are?

This is exactly the problem of Christianity.

No this is not about proving knowledge. I am searching for one person only - a predestinated eagle child of God lost among chicken-faith christians whose faith can never make them fly in the rapture.
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by SisterMe(f): 4:04am On Nov 14, 2014
honourhim:

Jesus called hell everlasting fire, the book of Revelations said the lake of fire will burn forever. At another place Jesus called it eternal damnation. Where did you get this your teaching that the fire will quench after some years? Has the meaning of everlasting, forever and eternal changed?

I copied this from the net to ease my work in answering you. Answers to other related everlasting hellfire questions are on that site. Obviously I cant copy the whole site so you have to read it all up there after which we can discuss it again. The site is ;

www.helltruth.com/q-a/everlasting-fire

Everlasting Fire
Matthew 25:41 speaks of "everlasting fire" for the wicked. Does it go
out?
Yes, according to the Bible, it does. We must let the Bible explain itself. Sodom
and Gomorrah were destroyed with everlasting, or eternal, fire (Jude 7), and
that fire turned them "into ashes" as a warning to "those that after should live
ungodly," 2 Peter 2:6. These cities are not burning today. The fire went out
after everything was burned out. Likewise, everlasting fire will go out after it has
turned the wicked to ashes (Malachi 4:3). The effects of the fire are everlasting,
but not the burning itself.
Doesn't Matthew 25:46 say the wicked will receive "everlasting
punishment"?
Notice the word is punishment, not punishing. Punishing would be continuous,
while punishment is one act. The punishment of the wicked is death, and this
death is everlasting.
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by Ukutsgp(m): 6:39am On Nov 14, 2014
vest:
s.m.h! so u dnt even knw!
why not? Just looking for ur trouble.grin
U hv ran away from that thread.
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by Ukutsgp(m): 6:49am On Nov 14, 2014
SisterMe:

kindly quote where it says so in the book of Jude.
Read verse 6 and 7 of Jude. Who are those angels Jude was talking about? Are they nt the same angels?
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by SisterMe(f): 8:02am On Nov 14, 2014
Ukutsgp:
Read verse 6 and 7 of Jude. Who are those angels Jude was talking about? Are they nt the same angels?

You get a better idea of what the writer was trying to say if you look at the same verse 6 in the Amplified version. It says "

Jude 1:6 Amplified Bible
(AMP)
And angels who did not
keep (care for, guard, and
hold to) their own first place
of power but abandoned
their proper dwelling place—
these He has reserved in
custody in eternal chains
(bonds) under the thick
gloom of utter darkness until
the judgment and doom of
the great day."

The emphasis is not a physical dwelling place but rather a position of power and authority- which only applies when one walks in truth. So it is the departure. of Satan and his fallen angels from
truth that is the issue here. It is a long extrapolation to insinuate that this means angels sleeping with women. It didnt call the angels sons of God either. That Nephilim thing is a Jehovahs Witness idea. It finds no basis in the Bible when brought to scrutiny.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jigi Dem- Sweet Tune. / 7 Traits Of False Teachers / Enoch Walked With God And He Died

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.