Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,923 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:40 PM

When Will This Nonsense Stop? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / When Will This Nonsense Stop? (998 Views)

"Don't Tell Me Nonsense": Photo Of An Igbo Man's Shop With 7 POS Machines / MUST READ : Why Gtbank Latest 737 Simple Mobile Banking Is A Beautiful Nonsense / Nigeria Immigration Nonsense Hnd And Bsc Dichotomy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Will This Nonsense Stop? by Nobody: 9:07am On Nov 24, 2008
When Olu Maintain came out with his hit track "yahoozee' alot of nigerians and foreigners danced and was thrilled by the song. no doubt the song elevated his status and all that. But little did we realize that this same people who got hyped for the nature of their "job" (fraudsters) will not only dupe the expertriates,foreigners,and novice, but will turn their back on the smart ones,nigerians,and even family members to keep food coming on their table.

There's a really long story to tell but will deffinately cut it short.

There are lots of fake websites of banks and financial institutions on right now. a lot of mails being sent to bank customers to change their password detailsand all that, and believe me so many people are really falling for this trick.

Below is a mail i received from some dumb asses,even though i have NEVER done online banking i was told to change my status bla bla bla,

Dear Valued GTBank. Customer:
We recently have determined that different computers have logged into your
Guaranty Trust Bank Online Banking account, and multiple password failures were present before the logons.
We now need you to log into your account and verify your account activity.
account we have issued this warning message.

It has come to our attention that your Guaranty Trust Bank account information needs to be
reactivated as part of our continuing commitment to protect your account and to
reduce the instance of fraud on our website in this new Season.
Once you have reactivated your account records your Guaranty Trust Bank Online Banking account
service will not be interrupted and will continue as normal.

To reactivate your Guaranty Trust Bank account records click on the following link:

http://www.gtplc.com/signon?LOB=reactivateAcct

Accounts Management As outlined in our User Agreement, Guaranty Trust Bank will
periodically send you information about site changes and enhancements.

Visit our Privacy Policy and User Agreement if you have any questions.
http://www.gtbplc.com/help /index.jhtml

Note; the difference in website addresses-

http://www.gtplc.com/signon?LOB=reactivateAcct
http://www.gtbplc.com/help /index.jhtml (both FAKE)

http://gtbplc.com/ (REAL LINK)

what do we make out of this act of duping people, NEMESIS we surely do catch up, we claim to retaliate for making our fore-fathers slaves,why don't we give better reasons and look for what to do with our lives and aviod sins?

Afterall slave trade ended some 100 years ago,but we Africans are still slaves in our own continent and countries.afterall how will the judge the act of arogodade and okeke (miss), the punch journalist and police officers,the presidency and its citizenry. or is there a better defination of slavery.

Well more on this next time, i need to get back to doing other stuff, NIAJAS SHINE YUR EYES, that dupe might just be your best friend or colleague 9ANYTHING THEY SAY FIT HAPPEN)
Re: When Will This Nonsense Stop? by JaneNwaham(f): 3:35am On Dec 05, 2008
I once received a mail from interswitch asking me to disclose my atm pin for security reasons and another from "charles soludo".It really has become a scourge and the only thing one can do now is to ignore any suspicious looking mail.
Re: When Will This Nonsense Stop? by Moyo1(m): 12:30pm On Dec 06, 2008
I agree. The best thing to do is to ignore any suspicious looking email. The more frustrated they become, they more they desist from the act.
Re: When Will This Nonsense Stop? by hedgesfun(m): 4:48pm On Dec 06, 2008
Did I hear anyone here say ignore any suspicious email? Well I really think you are wrong.
THE BEST THING AS FAR AS AM CONCERNED IS TO ENSURE YOU DO NOT DO ANT FORM OF TRANSACTION AS RELATED TO NIGERIAN COMPANIES ITS UNFORTUNATE THAT MIGHT MEAN THAT COMPANIES LIKE INTERSWITCH WILL BE RUNNING AT LOSS BUT THEY SHOULD BE ABLE TO FIGHT SUCH TO SURVIVE.
AS FAR AS AM CONCERNED I CANNOT BUY ANYTHING ONLINE HERE IN NIGERIA COS I DONT KNOW WHAT ANYONE HAS IN STOCK FOR ME.
Re: When Will This Nonsense Stop? by xposure(m): 2:22pm On Dec 08, 2008
When you get this kind of mail just click on the spam button do not think twice.
If you need info about your bank account or any related issue call or visit your bank.
Re: When Will This Nonsense Stop? by skipo87(m): 10:58pm On Dec 08, 2008
shall we begin to post scam mails we've received here? i've seen like a million and one of them and i begin to wonder if these ppl are truly stupid, some send with grammatical errors and bla bla bla. God help the idiots

(1) (Reply)

Can N150,000 Start A Hair Dressing Salon, l Need Your Advice / Sending Money From Uk To Nigeria. / Coconut Shell For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.