Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:25 AM

Practical Christian Life Counselling - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Practical Christian Life Counselling (3855 Views)

10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life / Kumuyi - Why The Church Is Called Deeper Christian Life Ministry - / Deeper Christian Life Ministry Then, And Deeper Life Bible Church Now. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Practical Christian Life Counselling by Tranglatar(m): 11:39am On Dec 31, 2014
New Year – New life

Paraphrasing what St Paul said, we are Pilgrims on a Pilgrimage working out our sanctification with fear and trembling.
Pilgrim: We are travelers
Pilgrimage: We are on a journey
Sanctification: The route to the destination
Fear and trembling: Method

The whole essence of living for another day is for us to fulfil GOD’s plan and purpose for us in our lives

How:
Praying the Holy Spirit to guide you
Freeing your mind from begrudging people – forgiving offences
Reading HIS word
Meditating on HIS word
Strive to overcome and conquer yourself
Yielding to the Holy Spirit that the Word may take root in you
Allowing the Word to germinate, blossom and bear fruits that glorify GOD
Every good fruit is a renewal of your life
Love GOD in your neighbor – first proof of love for GOD !!
Arm yourself with weapon of Spiritual warfare
Be constantly on guard against the machinations of the devil

Remember: Sanctification is not a day’s work !!! - Thomas a Kempis; Author of imitation of Christ
Re: Practical Christian Life Counselling by Tranglatar(m): 12:22pm On Jan 04, 2015
New Year Prayers/ petitions format

Thank God for HIS blessings, faithfulness, mercies, divine health of mind and body, provisions, etc
Thank HIM for the ministry of HIS Angels and Saints
Thank HIM for everything
Praise HIM
Adore HIM
Worship HIM

Make practical promises to HIM you’ll fulfill in the year by HIS grace
This is not about money but about allowing HIM to use you to glorify HIS name

Make petitions to HIM
Ask for HIS grace, steadfastness, guidance
Ask for HIS Church on earth and it leaders
Ask for your neighbor (relations, friends, etc)
Ask for your NEEDS
Then others

End it in Thanksgiving

Make all prayers in the name of JESUS CHRIST
Re: Practical Christian Life Counselling by Tranglatar(m): 1:22pm On Jan 07, 2015
How do I grow in Christian Spirituality and fellowship with GOD

Have you ever felt that:
your Christian spirituality is shallow?
You don’t seem to know the scriptures well?
You seem to be living in sin and increasingly daily?
Your believe in purchasing blessings from GOD seem to be increasing?
You seem to be headed towards perdition?
You complain much about nature’s imbalance as perceived by you?
you believe you don’t need communal fellowship?
You now view the scriptures as more of stories than Word of GOD?
Why is GOD slow in acting/ response?
How best do I “define” GOD
How best do I relate and hear from GOD?
How do I confirm it’s GOD that’s guiding or speaking to me?

Solutions:
First, know that you are not alone in this your thoughts and situations. What matters is what you resolve to do, what you do and fruits your actions bear.
Try to approach GOD as a child and not as a very wise, intelligent and knowledgeable man. It may be difficult to suppress/ empty yourself of your knowledge but you can do it.
Accept your mortality, frailty and foolishness of your wisdom before GOD
Pray like a “foolish” man that the Holy Spirit enlighten you
Keep reading HIS Word while waiting for HIS enlightenment
Keep going to Church and try becoming active in the Church
Read good spiritual books
Reduce watching of and reading of “secular” movies and books
Express your frustrations to your Priest
Learn to listen to your conscience before you talk or act
Continuously reject any prompting that your conscience warns against.
Try to reject and stop yourself from performing those actions of others you consider as improper.
Focus more on the “good” side of life
Always ponder on the agony of CHRIST
Try to show love to people around you
When “bad luck” comes your way, think of the sick, poor and needy, prisoners and pay them a visit or pray for them
Stop trying to conceptualize GOD or create HIM as you want or subject HIM to your whims and desires.

Results:
Greater inner peace and joy that comes from the HOLY SPIRIT alone
This joy steals gradually into your being
Re-arrangement of your life priorities
Increased zeal to live a holy life of prayer
Greater concern for your neighbor
Greater zeal to do more for GOD
Greater increase in your unworthiness before GOD
Greater zeal to join in communal fellowship and even lead one
Re: Practical Christian Life Counselling by Tranglatar(m): 2:52pm On Jan 13, 2015
How do I discern my well wishers and manage others

Most times we are confronted with the issue of ‘backbiters”, “haters”, ‘mockers”, “contenders’, etc and discerning who is a well wisher from the rest is not so easy.
It tends to lead us to an unconscious state of Paranoia over who is our well wisher or not?

- One thing to keep foremost in our mind is this:
- Christians are supposed to be children of Light
- Christians are not meant to be enemies to anyone as our Father in Heaven makes HIS sun to shine on all
- Wicked and good people exist
- Sometimes people give in to the devil and become evil towards others

In view of these how do we discern and manage variety of people in this our world?
Re: Practical Christian Life Counselling by Tranglatar(m): 4:50pm On Jan 16, 2015
First and most important thing is to have faith in GOD and HIS steadfastness, love and justice

Avoid suppressed anger/ grudge against anyone

Try to have an open heart of love towards all

Learn the concept of PRUDENCE and apply it
Re: Practical Christian Life Counselling by Tranglatar(m): 1:16pm On Jan 18, 2015
Remember "If you should mark our evil,
O Lord, who could stand?" Ps 130:3

And don't resort to blaming GOD for allowing the wicked to remain.
One certain thing is this: that if GOD were to open your eyes/ mind to the results/ implications of your previous sins, etc, comparatively the people you regard as wicked now you yourself would brand as Saints. Some Theologian refer to GOD as a prodigal Father in that HE is so wasteful with love and forgets our iniquities so easily. Just as our LORD JESUS spread HIS hands on the cross for all and sundry to come and embrace HIM.
If you check well, most times so far you are ready and return to the LORD HE never lest you see the consequences of your previous sins so as to keep on invoking the feeling of guilt in you rather HE keeps you focused on now and the future filled with Hope powered by the HOLY SPIRIT
The devil always try to invoke our previous sins to get us to despair that it is useless or too late returning to the LORD

Our path is to submit to the leading of the Holy Spirit to be the Light of the world. The key word here is Leading not for we to lead but the Holy Spirit to lead us. That way, transfigured/ transformed into Christ we'll relate with the wicked as Christ would because we are hidden inside HIM and who dare s...

You may ask what assurance do we have from HIM that HE will protect us
Re: Practical Christian Life Counselling by Tranglatar(m): 4:46pm On Jan 19, 2015
This is our assurance, Though we are children of the world, we are not of the world. We should have faith in HIS words in Jn 17: meditate on it, eat it for it is life !!

1 After saying this, Jesus lifted up his eyes to heaven and said, "Father, the hour has come; give glory to your Son, that the Son may give glory to you.
2 You have given him power over all mortals, and you want him to bring eternal life to all you have entrusted to him.
3 For this is eternal life: to know you, the only true God, and the One you sent, Jesus Christ.
4 I have glorified you on earth and finished the work that you gave me to do.
5 Now, Father, give me in your presence the same Glory I had with you before the world began.
6 I have made your name known to those you gave me from the world. They were yours and you gave them to me, and they kept your word.
7 And now they know that all you have given me comes indeed from you.
8 I have given them the teaching I received from you, and they received it and know in truth that I came from you; and they believe that you have sent me.
9 I pray for them; I do not pray for the world but for those who belong to you and whom you have given to me -
10 indeed all I have is yours and all you have is mine - and now they are my glory.
11 I am no longer in the world, but they are in the world whereas I am going to you. Holy Father, keep them in your Name (that you have given me,) so that they may be one, just as we are.
12 When I was with them, I kept them safe in your Name, and not one was lost except the one who was already lost, and in this the Scripture was fulfilled.
13 But now I am coming to you and I leave these my words in the world that my joy may be complete in them.
14 I have given them your word and the world has hated them because they are not of the world; just as I am not of the world.
15 I do not ask you to remove them from the world but to keep them from the evil one.
16 They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world;
17 consecrate them in the truth - your word is truth.
18 I have sent them into the world as you sent me into the world,
19 and for their sake, I go to the sacrifice by which I am consecrated, so that they too may be consecrated in truth.
20 I pray not only for these but also for those who through their word will believe in me.
21 May they all be one as you Father are in me and I am in you. May they be one in us; so the world may believe that you have sent me.
22 I have given them the Glory you have given me, that they may be one as we are one:
23 I in them and you in me. Thus they shall reach perfection in unity and the world shall know that you have sent me and that I have loved them just as you loved me.
24 Father, since you have given them to me, I want them to be with me where I am and see the Glory you gave me, for you loved me before the foundation of the world.
25 Righteous Father, the world has not known you but I have known you, and these have known that you have sent me.
26 As I revealed your Name to them, so will I continue to reveal it, so that the love with which you loved me may be in them and I also may be in them."
Re: Practical Christian Life Counselling by Tranglatar(m): 4:35pm On Jan 22, 2015
So always meditate on these HIS words to draw life from it

The wicked would always be here with us. Each of us were wicked in one way or the other but HIS mercies saved us. Don’t go an take on the wicked on your own out of pride. If inspired, apply the recommendation by St Paul that we test all spirit to ascertain their truth. Our limited knowledge and lifespan means we don’t have all the knowledge required to condemn or embark on any line of action without HIM.

Part of being prudent in dealing with the wicked and the world in general is to avoid:

putting the LORD to test

goading HIM in the name of exercising your faith

commanding HIM to do your will

creating your own god that does your will

struggling to change GOD

faith crisis
Re: Practical Christian Life Counselling by Tranglatar(m): 4:29pm On Jan 23, 2015
Now we will discuss GIVING

What it means
When to give
How to give
Who to give
Any expectations, implications, etc
Re: Practical Christian Life Counselling by Tranglatar(m): 4:34pm On Jan 23, 2015
A colleague came into my office and in the course of our discussion, told me that something is urging him to sow a seed.

He said he believes it’s the Holy Spirit.

That funny enough he has some contingency funds he kept aside for tight situations that only him knows about and it seems it’s from there that he’s supposed to sow the seed. Even his family is not aware of this fund

He said he’s just confused

This lead me to have a counselling/ discussion on GIVING with him which I would use to discuss this topic
Re: Practical Christian Life Counselling by Tranglatar(m): 3:47pm On Jan 26, 2015
Giving ; including; Time, Tithes, offerings, seed sowing, materials, etc

1) Giving is good

2) We should give to glorify GOD, give succor to souls (compassion), that the joy of the Holy Spirit may continue to abound in us

3) Giving should be guided

4) Giving should be from the heart

5) We should give because we want more

6) We should give to:
i) the Church
ii) the HIS Priests, minister
iii) our parents
iv) relations/ family in need
v) friends in need
vi) the poor and the needy that are not our relations/ friends

We will now discuss them one after the other
Re: Practical Christian Life Counselling by Tranglatar(m): 4:24pm On Jan 26, 2015
1) Giving is good

Giving is an act of mercy that shows the giver’s compassion to the receiver. It glorifies GOD, is a means of succour to both the giver and the receiver. The receiver receives a means to fulfil a need while the receiver feel fulfilled that he/she was used as a vessel to give succour to someone. The act of giving uplifts the soul.
Re: Practical Christian Life Counselling by Tranglatar(m): 4:25pm On Jan 26, 2015
2) We should give to glorify GOD, give succor to souls (compassion), that the joy of the Holy Spirit may continue to abound in us
The most important reason why you give should be to glorify GOD !!.

Giving has a very important complimentary part that we often neglect – Receiving !!. Any act of giving is usually followed by receiving. When you give and it’s not received, you have only made an offer which is subject to the decision of the intended recipient to take or reject.

No matter who we are giving to, the primary recipient is CHRIST (“whatever you do to the least of my brothers, that you do unto me …”)while the physical person/ needy facing you is the secondary recipient. Hence it is very important that you give to glorify the primary recipient.

The giver must always ensure that he conquers man’s selfish nature and desire for recognition when he gives. He should aspire and pray to decrease and the Holy Spirit increase by his giving.

For the gift to have any impact towards the reason for giving, it must be to the glory of God. Otherwise you can give without alleviating the need that occasioned the gift.

You have to pray to GOD to accept what you want to gift,. Plead with HIM !!!.

As pilgrims, all we do should be to glorify GOD. When you give to glorify GOD, you win soul for heave and the Heavens rejoice !! That you don’t see the effect of your gift doesn't mean it did not achieve the intention GOD put in your heart to give for. He may chose to bring to your knowledge this fact or not. Giving to please GOD is an act of faith in HIM
Re: Practical Christian Life Counselling by zoomman(m): 4:52pm On Jan 26, 2015
Tranglatar:

First and most important thing is to have faith in GOD and HIS steadfastness, love and justice

Avoid suppressed anger/ grudge against anyone

Try to have an open heart of love towards all

Learn the concept of PRUDENCE and apply it
HAVE REALLY LEARNT A LOT FROM YOUR WORD SO FAR BUT I WANT TO ASK THIS QUESTION AND I NEED AN ANSWER....
HAVE BN IN RELATIONSHIP WITH DIFFERENT LADIES THAT HAVE IMPACTED MY LIFE IN SEVERAL OCCASIONS BUT HAVE LOST OR QUIT OR BROKE UP WITH THEM DUE TO COMPATIBILITY SAKE... LIKE 3 DIFFERENT LADIES SO FAR. LATELY I HAVE A LADY AM REALLY SERIOUS WITH AND I WANT TO SETTLE WITH. I WENT TO PASTOR TO PRAY ABOUT IT AND THE PASTOR STILL RAISE THE SAME ISSUE.. AM REALLY CONFUSED ON WHAT TO DO....I LOVE THIS LADY AND I WANT TO MARRY HER IN THE FUTURE IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DOCOZ I CANT AFFORD TO LOSE THIS ONE AGAIN
Re: Practical Christian Life Counselling by Tranglatar(m): 5:23pm On Jan 26, 2015
zoomman:

HAVE REALLY LEARNT A LOT FROM YOUR WORD SO FAR BUT I WANT TO ASK THIS QUESTION AND I NEED AN ANSWER....
HAVE BN IN RELATIONSHIP WITH DIFFERENT LADIES THAT HAVE IMPACTED MY LIFE IN SEVERAL OCCASIONS BUT HAVE LOST OR QUIT OR BROKE UP WITH THEM DUE TO COMPATIBILITY SAKE... LIKE 3 DIFFERENT LADIES SO FAR. LATELY I HAVE A LADY AM REALLY SERIOUS WITH AND I WANT TO SETTLE WITH. I WENT TO PASTOR TO PRAY ABOUT IT AND THE PASTOR STILL RAISE THE SAME ISSUE.. AM REALLY CONFUSED ON WHAT TO DO....I LOVE THIS LADY AND I WANT TO MARRY HER IN THE FUTURE IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DOCOZ I CANT AFFORD TO LOSE THIS ONE AGAIN

First: THERE IS NOBODY OR ANYTHING YOU CANNOT AFFORD TO LOOSE EXCEPT HEAVEN!!!!"

Most married men experienced what you are going through now. So your anxiety is not unusual. Remember marriage is like a junction where the devil or challenges come to wait for you to either live with you afterwards or be far from you.

Now ask yourself these questions?

Were your relationships with the previous ladies free from sexual sins, etc
If they were have you asked for forgiveness from GOD? Do atonement?
Did you break up with them on a good note? If you did not do the above, you may think they don't habour grudges against you but they'll be busy asking GOD to intervene, keep you restless till you come back to them. forget they may be laughing with you but their heart maybe something else towards you. Not that GOD would answer their prayers but you are not cooperating with HIM to bless you.
Is your present relationship free from sexual sins, etc?
IF not, Both of you have to confess, do penance and start the relationship "afresh".

When start afresh and submit your relationships and marriage desires to the direction of the Holy Spirit, you'll never miss who would live with as man and wife in a blissful fruitful marriage life that will glorify GOD.

My advice, end any sinful relationship, confess your sins to GOD, do acts of atonement, then present your marriage intentions to HIM. Tell the lady also this is what you want to do. if she is wants to continue with you, they she has to accept.

Remember when you take these steps, you've incurred the wrath of the devil but you are a winner if you stay in CHRIST and by HIM. Keeping yourself pure in a relationship helps you discern and hear whatever the Holy Spirit is directing to you to do that may clear any obstacles because HE is the one actually clearing them.

It's when you've done taken these steps that you can ask the Pastor about any lady that you feel is the one. By then the Almighty God would not allow any one that will separate you from HIM to bond to you.

If the lady says she's not ready to take those steps with you, bear it and wait on the LORD. You'll marvel at the gift of lady that you'll end up with later. 77x7x better than any you've met. in beauty and everything.

I hope and pray the above helped you a little. if not let me know. God bless and give you peace
Re: Practical Christian Life Counselling by zoomman(m): 5:52pm On Jan 26, 2015
Tranglatar:

First: THERE IS NOBODY OR ANYTHING YOU CANNOT AFFORD TO LOOSE EXCEPT HEAVEN!!!!"

Most married men experienced what you are going through now. So your anxiety is not unusual. Remember marriage is like a junction where the devil or challenges come to wait for you to either live with you afterwards or be far from you.

Now ask yourself these questions?

Were your relationships with the previous ladies free from sexual sins, etc
If they were have you asked for forgiveness from GOD? Do atonement?
Did you break up with them on a good note? If you did not do the above, you may think they don't habour grudges against you but they'll be busy asking GOD to intervene, keep you restless till you come back to them. forget they may be laughing with you but their heart maybe something else towards you. Not that GOD would answer their prayers but you are not cooperating with HIM to bless you.
Is your present relationship free from sexual sins, etc?
IF not, Both of you have to confess, do penance and start the relationship "afresh".

When start afresh and submit your relationships and marriage desires to the direction of the Holy Spirit, you'll never miss who would live with as man and wife in a blissful fruitful marriage life that will glorify GOD.

My advice, end any sinful relationship, confess your sins to GOD, do acts of atonement, then present your marriage intentions to HIM. Tell the lady also this is what you want to do. if she is wants to continue with you, they she has to accept.

Remember when you take these steps, you've incurred the wrath of the devil but you are a winner if you stay in CHRIST and by HIM. Keeping yourself pure in a relationship helps you discern and hear whatever the Holy Spirit is directing to you to do that may clear any obstacles because HE is the one actually clearing them.

It's when you've done taken these steps that you can ask the Pastor about any lady that you feel is the one. By then the Almighty God would not allow any one that will separate you from HIM to bond to you.

If the lady says she's not ready to take those steps with you, bear it and wait on the LORD. You'll marvel at the gift of lady that you'll end up with later. 77x7x better than any you've met. in beauty and everything.

I hope and pray the above helped you a little. if not let me know. God bless and give you peace
AM GUILTY OF THE SINFUL SEX ACT WE HAD SEX AS IF WE ARE MARRIED THATS Y I MADE UP MY MIND TO MARRY HER.... ABOUT MY PAST IT WAS A MUTUAL CONSENT WHICH WAS FAIR TO EACH PARTY...AND I MAKE SURE WE GO FOR DELIVERANCE....SO NO HARD FEELINGS...AM CELEBRATING MY BIRTHDAY SOON I WANT TO MAKE A DECISION ABOUT US.. THATS WHY I NEED A SWIFT ADVICE...THANS SO MUCH
Re: Practical Christian Life Counselling by Tranglatar(m): 2:38pm On Jan 27, 2015
I know you are involved in sexual sins, etc with her and you are finding it difficult to stop. This as much was confirmed to me by GOD.

Your procrastination/ postponement till your birthday to make the right decision doesn't show faith in GOD and in HIS words. It's like a thief saying he plans to make a decision to stop at his birthday. Don't be like the rich FOOL. Harken to the voice of GOD calling you to shun the path of perdition

Remember the parable of the rich FOOL Lk 12: 16 - 31

16 And Jesus continued with this story, "There was a rich man and his land had produced a good harvest.
17 He thought: 'What shall I do? For I am short of room to store my harvest.'
18 So this is what he planned: 'I will pull down my barns and build bigger ones to store all this grain, which is my wealth.
19 Then I may say to myself: My friend, you have a lot of good things put by for many years. Rest, eat, drink and enjoy yourself.'
20 But God said to him: 'You fool! This very night your life will be taken from you; tell me who shall get all you have put aside?'

21 This is the lot of the one who stores up riches instead of amassing for God."
22 Then Jesus said to his disciples, "I tell you not to worry about your life: What are we to eat? Or about your body: What are we to wear?
23 For life is more than food and the body more than clothing.
24 Look at the crows: they neither sow nor reap; they have no storehouses and no barns; yet God feeds them. How much more important are you than birds!
25 Which of you for all your worrying can add a moment to your span of life?
26 And if you are not able to control such a small thing, why do you worry about the rest?
27 Look at the wild flowers: they do not spin or weave; but I tell you, even Solomon with all his wealth was not clothed as one of these.
28 If God so clothes the grass in the fields, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, how much more will he clothe you, people of little faith.
29 Do not set your heart on what you are to eat and drink; stop worrying.
30 Let all the nations of the world run after these things; your Father knows that you need them.
31 Seek rather the Kingdom and these things will be given to you as well.

The correct time is now !! Remember you can only be safe and assured in life when you are doing HIS will.
Re: Practical Christian Life Counselling by Tranglatar(m): 2:59pm On Jan 27, 2015
Then show compassion to the needy

Our giving should be an act of compassion to the needy. It should radiate the Light of Christ in us to the recipient.

Your giving should aim to benefit the recipient not to show you are a cheerful giver or evidence of how rich you are/ have become

Your giving should be towards a realistic need not a dream/ wish. Sometimes if you wait to be asked before giving, then it may be good to interact and discern what the real need is and give according to your capacity

Giving should be cheerful to be pleasing to GOD and received

That you gave to a needy doesn’t mean it is received as the attitude of the giver matters.

Don’t keep on procrastinating your giving because you feel it needs to build up to be worth something to the receiver

Remember the servants at the wedding in Cana did not wait to see wine before going to serve the chief of the occasion
The disciples did not wait to see basket loads of loaves to start sharing the split five loaves
Etc

Your giving is just a mantle the Almighty wants to use to glorify HIS name, fulfill a need and give joy to you and you are the chose vessel

So don’t view what you want to give as the solution!!
Re: Practical Christian Life Counselling by Tranglatar(m): 3:43pm On Jan 27, 2015
and for the joy of the Holy Spirit in the giver’s life.

True peace and joy is of the Holy Spirit.

Hence when show compassion to people, the joy fills us up

You feel light headed (like drunk)

Even your burden/ worries peels away in front of this joy.

I am sure most of us have experienced this
Re: Practical Christian Life Counselling by Tranglatar(m): 1:42pm On Jan 28, 2015
3) Giving should be guided

Whatever we have was freely given to us by the Almighty GOD. We are merely stewards.
You should pray and ask for God’s direction and guidance on how you use/ give what HE has given you

You need to find out what HE wants you to give, how and where & when.

What:
It is not always money.
It may be:
Your time: This is normally the most important gift to give
Kinds words
Space, opportunities, comfort
materials things
Etc

How HE wants you to give:
Directly
Through another party

When:
Immediately
Long term
Short term
Plan, develop and implement the giving
Re: Practical Christian Life Counselling by Tranglatar(m): 1:58pm On Jan 28, 2015
Who and Where:

In the Church
Any place
In your working place
Family
Along the road
Etc
Re: Practical Christian Life Counselling by Tranglatar(m): 4:10pm On Jan 28, 2015
Why all the above:

These are very importance to avoid taking what GOD meant for another person and on your on authority based on your very limited knowledge and give to another. Sure you gave, may even have glorified HIS name and provided succour to the recipient but you were disobedient !!! remember Moses and the striking of the rock in the desert.
When you give on your own, it’s like seeking for own recognition and telling GOD that you have more knowledge than HIM of the situation hence can offer faster and better remedy

On our own we cannot please, glorify GOD except by the leading of the Holy Spirit. So you need the Holy Spirit to direct and guide your giving.

Imagine going to give your tithe at the Church because you want to obey the law then you encounter a poor and needy along the way but turned your face away and continued to the Church
How are you sure that was not our Lord Jesus Christ?

Just like the parable of the good Samaritan, the priest, the Levite, the Pharisee each may have been on their way to the temple with their tithes

Imagine every time visiting the motherless babies home to give meanwhile a brother of yours is literally a beggar and you don’t remember him

Imagine going every time to give money to a society that caters for the poor and need when what they need most is volunteers

Imagine giving money to someone that came to you to narrate his life ordeal without allowing him to lean on your shoulder and cry. Since he/ she just wanted to be heard

Imagine giving gifts of materials things to someone who has marital issues and needs counseling

Imagine giving money to a kid that ran away from home when he needs love and teaching on love of his parents for him

I can go on and on
Re: Practical Christian Life Counselling by Tranglatar(m): 12:33pm On Jan 29, 2015
4) Giving should be from the heart

This song says it all:

“O yes, in the presence of the LORD, I’ll bring my gifts
in thanksgiving and love
There is joy in my heart, it is flowing like a river, I’ll praise my LORD
in Thanksgiving and love,

With thankful hearts and joyful songs, we approach Your Holy Altar
In Thanksgiving and Love
Bearing gifts of Your creation, we return what You have given,
in thanksgiving and love”
Re: Practical Christian Life Counselling by Tranglatar(m): 4:50pm On Jan 29, 2015
People who gave from their heart

The widow at the temple gave all she had from her heart

Abel offered sacrifice from his heart

Abraham offered from his heart

Solomon offered sacrifices from his heart

David offered sacrifices from his heart

St Joseph (foster father of Jesus and husband of the Blessed Virgin Mary) gave his all

Blessed Virgin offered herself from heart

St John the Baptist gave his all

St Paul offered all he had

St, Peter and all the Saints offered from their heart

The martyrs offered themselves willingly – from their heart

Just to mention but a few; emulate them
Re: Practical Christian Life Counselling by Tranglatar(m): 4:52pm On Jan 29, 2015
Though you should ask but remember you can’t dictate how GOD blesses you !! HE will bless you at HIS own time and in HIS own way.

Dictating the kind of reward you want and not submitting to HIS will indicate doubt about HIS faithfulness/ steadfastness
HE knows what HE deposited/ given to you that you can give

Don’t assume you have a business contract with GOD

Give because you want to give and Give without expectation

Don’t give out of so much promise of reward and propaganda

Let the only reward you expect be your crown of glory in Heaven

Let not the ungratefulness of the recipient deter you – most times we are ungrateful to CHRIST that gave HIS life for us

Even if the giving hurt, try to overcome the hurt

Don’t give change, spare time, useless/ discarded things, to GOD

Let your giving have quality – sacrificial is better

Remember the quality is peculiar to you and not comparative

Don’t give in competition then turn later to blame GOD for not compensating you!!

Don’t give with the thought of goading GOD – HE is the unmovable mover, unchangeable changer, etc
Re: Practical Christian Life Counselling by Tranglatar(m): 3:39pm On Jan 30, 2015
A friend told me this story:

He normally puts the money he intends to use for offerings (various low denominated naira notes) in a separate pocket (say the right one) and the high denominated naira notes in his left pocket but strictly not for offering but his own use at his discretion
When it’s time for offering, he would dip his hand into the offering pocket then tell GOD that whatever he brings out, he will surely use for offering.

My Remark:

I said that’s very ridiculous, foolish, stupid and demeaning thing to do. Also dangerous. That he seems not to know GOD and what being the ALMIGHTY means

That he cannot ever be clever to GOD rather increasingly stupid !!

That if not for GOD being wasteful with love, when he dips his hands into his offering pocket he would only succeed in bringing out all the contents that were supposed to be in the other “safe” pocket

And when such happens, would he still give willingly? From the heart?

That he should remember the unsolicited “selfish” promise of Josephat made out of fear and the attendant result on him
Re: Practical Christian Life Counselling by Tranglatar(m): 8:02pm On Feb 11, 2015
What about receiving?

Now i want to say something about seeking for Help or to be given
Re: Practical Christian Life Counselling by Tranglatar(m): 10:53am On Feb 13, 2015
1 - The first step is being sincere – truthfulness

Don’t even try to mask what you desire from the Almighty GOD
Remember HE knows you inside out more than you know or can/will ever know yourself
HE knows you from the beginning to the end that you’ve gotten to
Go in humility and sincerity. That way the Holy Spirit will purge you of any wrong desire
Avoid being allowed to have your way due to hypocrisy and hardness of heart
Re: Practical Christian Life Counselling by Tranglatar(m): 3:18pm On Feb 15, 2015
2 – Be patient

Be submissive to HIM and allow HIM to lead you and at HIS own time

This patience is easier spoken about than experienced or practiced. It seems our timeline limitations has imposed impatience on us

3 – Be contented

Accept whatever HE gives you in thanksgiving and love. The little HE gave you today may be the seed of that tree with delightful fruits you desire so much.
Re: Practical Christian Life Counselling by Tranglatar(m): 3:32pm On Feb 17, 2015
4 – Discern/ confirm the giver

Because you are seeking for the fruit of the womb doesn't mean that anybody that can “provide” you with one is from GOD.

Subject your desires to prayer to avoid deception.

Be careful that the evil one doesn't capitalize on your desires to deceive you. Healing miracles doesn’t prove the vessel is of GOD

Prophecy/ visions doesn’t prove also. After all during the ministry of Jesus Christ the demons were the ones that truly knew HIM and acclaimed HIM. This was when HIS disciples/ apostles still pondered what manner of Man HE is. Even the demons knew the apostles more than the congregations they preached the Good news to.

So subject your desires and route towards it’s achievement to prayers that the HOLY SPIRIT may guide you from going astray.
Re: Practical Christian Life Counselling by Tranglatar(m): 6:04am On Feb 18, 2015
5 – Ask in Faith

Don’t make having a sneak preview of promised blessings from GOD as condition to hope and believe in HIS promises

Don’t go from one pastor to another hoping for a sneak preview or confirmation of promised blessings from GOD before believing

Don’t pray for visions or dreams to confirm HIS promises

HIS Word is enough, try to have faith and believe in HIM who made the promises

Asking for proof is praying without faith
Re: Practical Christian Life Counselling by Tranglatar(m): 3:35pm On Feb 26, 2015
Now I will discuss commonized sins.

Commonized is a word I just used so as to differentiate from what we Catholics call venial sins - Penny catechism defines venial sins as sins that does not lead to death – eternal damnation.
But they are very dangerous as it keeps one in a state of lukewarmness/ tepidity !!

Our LORD said “I would that thou art cold but since you are neither hot or cold, I would vomit you out of my mouth”

We have commonized both venial sins and mortal sins that we commit them as the thirsty drink water:

Lying
Fornication
Stealing
Disobedience
Adultery
Idolatry
Gluttony
Covetousness
Jealousy/ Envy
Murder
Sorcery

We will now discuss briefly how we have commonized each of them

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Was Jesus Christ Handsome When He Was On Earth? / Heaviest Economic Crises Comming Soon - Tb Joshua / The Jewish Holocaust Hoax(did Six Million Jews Actually Die?)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.